PDA

View Full Version : [PF] Paracosmist, a Summoner Archetype... [WIP, PEACH]

Nanan
2013-10-18, 10:50 AM
Deleted due to publication.

JoshuaZ
2013-10-18, 10:54 AM
The mechanic of making other creatures summoned be weaker seems weird to me. I'd suggest instead just removing the Summon Monster spell-like ability or reducing its daily number of uses.

Amnoriath
2013-10-18, 12:23 PM
1. Flavor wise there is no need for you to penalize your casting of the summon monster spell. The removal of 12 class feature slots is quite a lot to fill so I wouldn't worry about power.
2. Unfetter is generally a utility spell so your Eidolon can venture and scout without penalty, having it permanent makes the Eidolon weaker in battle since you can't heal it with your hit points.
3. Have you thought about staggering the evolution surge spells instead of the modified augment summoning?
The problem is cat-like is quite vague especially in the world of magical beasts. In general it is a limited Half-elf favored class bonus. I would say give the tail regardless of the form and it gains an arcobatics bonus equal to one fourth your class level including the base. I could also see you giving them the elf barbarian favored class bonus that applies to all forms of movement.