PDA

View Full Version : They're always doing it in the movies [d20 Modern/feat]

Dhavaer
2007-01-05, 11:39 PM
Ranged Disarm
Requirements: BAB +6, Dex 15, Point Blank Shot, Precise Shot
Benefit: You may make a special attack to shoot a weapon out of an opponent's hand. Make an attack roll as normal, but the opponent's Defence is modified by the size of the weapon. A weapon is considered 2 sizes lower than a creature that can use it in one hand: i.e. a Medium sized weapon is considered Tiny. Roll damage as normal; the opponent must succeed on a Concentration check (DC 10+damage) or drop their weapon. A +4 bonus applies on this check if the weapon is held in both hands. If the weapon is dropped, they take only half damage from this attack.

Lord Iames Osari
2007-01-05, 11:56 PM
I like this. Very nice.

Closet_Skeleton
2007-01-06, 04:40 AM
I had a 3rd party book with a feat like this. It had the same name and had a lower dex prerequisite, no base attack prerequisite but the exact same feats. They also had a Ranged Sunder feat which bizarely required Str 13 and Far Shot. Sunder is too broken in d20 Modern though. Which would you rather do, ignore 2 points of hardness (ignore hardness talent) whenever you strike an object or deal 1 point of bonus damage to all objects and creatures (melee smash talent) and then double it with the sunder feat.

I guess in Modern it might need higher prerequisites though.

Matthew
2007-01-09, 04:09 PM
Is this an adaption of the Complete Warrior Ranged Disarm Feat for D20 Modern? If so, why have you raised the BAB requirement from 5 to 6?