PDA

View Full Version : Positive/Negative Elementals [PEACH]

qwertyu63
2013-11-03, 10:29 AM
Elementals

Elementals are incarnations of the elements that compose existence. The elementals shown here are intended to finish the inner planes by filling in the positive and negative planes.

Positive Elemental:

Positive elementals speak Vitus (the language of the positive energy plane) but rarely choose to do so.

Combat:
Positive elementals tend to fight by supporting someone else. While they can slam into targets to deal damage, they are far more effective when assisting others. Just as their energy type would suggest, they are greatly skilled at battling undead.

Stats:
Statistically, a positive elemental is a fire elemental, with the following changes:

Statistically, a positive energy elemental is a fire elemental, with the following changes:
-Replace the Fire subtype with the Positive subtype.
-Remove the fire damage from their slam attacks.
-Remove the Burn special attack.
-Remove "immunity to fire, vulnerability to cold" from their special qualities.
-Add "extra healing, vulnerability to negative energy" to their special qualities
-Add the Positive Strike special attack (shown below).

Positive Subtype:
A creature with the positive subtype heals half again as much (+50%) damage as normal when magically healed. It has vulnerability to negative energy, which means it takes half again as much (+50%) damage as normal from negative energy, regardless of whether a saving throw is allowed, or if the save is a success or failure. In addition, creatures with the positive subtype are immune to the effects of the positive-dominant planar trait and can breathe the energy of positive-dominant planes as if it was air, if their creature type needs to.

Positive Strike (Ex):
When making a slam attack on a target, a positive elemental can choose to make the attack a positive strike. If they do, the damage for the attack is turned into positive energy healing (remaining damage for undead/negative elementals) and is doubled. Creatures damaged by this may make a Fortitude to cut the negative energy damage in half (DC is the same as the DC to avoid the Burn of a fire elemental of the same type).

Negative Elemental:

Negative elementals speak Morsin (the language of the negative energy plane) but rarely choose to do so.

Combat:
Negative elementals tend to fight by throwing around negative energy with every attack. The fact that they heal from negative energy also allows them to support each other in a battle if need be.

Stats:
Statistically, a negative elemental is a fire elemental, with the following changes:

-Replace the Fire subtype with the Negative subtype (shown below).
-Remove the fire damage from their slam attacks.
-Remove the Burn special attack.
-Remove "immunity to fire, vulnerability to cold" from their special qualities.
-Add "heal via negative/damaged by positive, double healing, vulnerability to positive energy" to their special qualities.
-Add the Negative Strike special attack (shown below).

Negative Subtype:
A creature with the negative subtype is healed by negative energy and damaged by positive energy. It has vulnerability to positive energy, which means it takes half again as much (+50%) damage as normal from positive energy, regardless of whether a saving throw is allowed, or if the save is a success or failure. It also heals half again as much (+50%) damage when magically healed (by negative energy). In addition, creatures with the negative subtype are immune to the effect of negative-dominant planes, including any hazards of the plane. They can also breathe the negative energy of negative-dominant planes as if it was air, if their creature type needs to.

Negative Strike (Ex):
When making a slam attack on a target, a negative elemental can choose to make the attack a negative strike. If they do, the damage for the attack is turned into negative energy damage (becoming healing for undead/negative elementals) and is doubled. Creatures damaged by this may make a Fortitude to cut the negative energy damage in half (DC is the same as the DC to avoid the Burn of a fire elemental of the same type).

Zaydos
2013-11-03, 10:47 AM
Ooh I like. Simple and elegant, and the addition of planar languages is a nice thought.

I would actually give the negative energy elemental fast healing 2 as well, though, and not make either vulnerable to their opposite (just damaged by it normally).

Also the positive energy one needs something stating they do not explode from excess positive energy (as caused by the positive energy plane) and the negative energy one should state that it's immune to negative levels caused by negative energy effects (some negative energy healing effects do not grant this; such as tomb-tainted soul) so it can actually survive on the Negative Energy Plane.

Finally a question: can the positive energy one grant temp hp with their positive touch/potentially make you explode from excess life energy?

qwertyu63
2013-11-03, 10:58 AM
Ooh I like. Simple and elegant, and the addition of planar languages is a nice thought.

I would actually give the negative energy elemental fast healing 2 as well, though, and not make either vulnerable to their opposite (just damaged by it normally).

Also the positive energy one needs something stating they do not explode from excess positive energy (as caused by the positive energy plane) and the negative energy one should state that it's immune to negative levels caused by negative energy effects (some negative energy healing effects do not grant this; such as tomb-tainted soul) so it can actually survive on the Negative Energy Plane.

Finally a question: can the positive energy one grant temp hp with their positive touch/potentially make you explode from excess life energy?

All of the other elementals had a planar language, I had to finish the set.

You're right on mirroring the fast healing, I'll do that. You really think I should drop the vulnerability?

Ah, those immunities. I'll note that down.

No, they can't cause overflow. They don't have that much positive energy to throw around.