PDA

View Full Version : Getting Published.

Doomboy911
2013-11-05, 10:19 PM
So I've had people working on modules and playing modules and it occurred to me that creating a short, polished adventure should be no trouble. The real trouble is getting published, I can't seem to figure out how to get in touch with Paizo on this and I don't want to work with wizards on this. SO can anyone think of how to get in touch?

Anxe
2013-11-05, 10:40 PM
TADA! (http://paizo.com/paizo/faq#v5748eaic9qtf) Enjoy.

andresrhoodie
2013-11-05, 10:42 PM
Why not write up a nice description and take it to kickstarter? Bill it as print on demand and you might do better then you would if it got picked up by someone else and you can be your own boss.

Studoku
2013-11-06, 11:50 AM
From the Paizo FAQ (http://paizo.com/paizo/faq#v5748eaic9qtk):

Can I send you the Adventure Path/campaign setting/module I wrote to see if Paizo wants to publish it?
Unfortunately, we cannot legally accept unsolicited submissions of content and thus no one at Paizo can even look at the content of such emails. This is to protect ourselves as well as you and your intellectual property from copyright infringement or other potential legal hazards. If you're interested in writing for Paizo, the best way to get a foot in the door is by taking a look at our Pathfinder Society Quest open call , our annual RPG Superstar talent search contest, or by writing for other publishers and getting in touch with us after earning some publishing credits.

CarpeGuitarrem
2013-11-06, 11:59 AM
I wouldn't advise trying Kickstarter yet. Put together an adventure PDF out of your own pocket, get it edited and heavily tested, get art and layout for it, compile it together, and sell it on DriveThruRPG. That should give a lot of insight into the adventure design process.

Also figure out how you're going to catch people's attention, so that they play it. You might try demoing the module at gaming conventions or your FLGS. Selling stuff in the RPG world is all about doing the legwork.