PDA

View Full Version : [Nexus] Reinholdt's Repository II: The Return

Reinholdt
2013-11-08, 10:55 AM
This is a thread for various Reinholdt the player related plots, locations, and etcs. that might belong in other meta-threads but are put here for ease of use and quick reference. This is not an open area.

Right now, current going ons include...

Felina - The nation of catpeople, nearly back to its former glory.

Reinholdt
2013-11-08, 10:59 AM
[Felina]

"Kind of a lot different in a few different ways." Some of those ways Kitty's uncomfortable discussing. But not all of them. "Like this." With a gesture of her fingers, a white ball of flame appeared, suspended in mid air a short ways in front of Rein's face.

[Felina]

"GAH!" Reinholdt jumps back and flails!
It's one thing to make nifty flame in your hand. It's another to have it show up just in front of someone's face out of nowhere!
"FIRE BAD. FIRE BAD!" Reinholdt says, more embarrassed now than upset/scared.

Gullara
2013-11-08, 02:32 PM
[Felina]

Kitty jumps when he yells.She didn't expect him to quite react like that. And of course, between the yelling and the jumping, Annie gets startled badly. She announces such with loud, high pitched crying. "Oh no. It's okay, Annie. It's okay."

Reinholdt
2013-11-09, 10:29 AM
[Felina]

"Sorry." Reinholdt says. Great. That was terrible Rein.

Admittedly, trying to be super soft and quiet around babies is generally a bad idea, because it teaches them to wake and cry at the slightest noise rather than sleep through it. Which is great if that paranoid type upbringing is what you're going for. Still, little early for that.

Gullara
2013-11-09, 11:10 AM
[Felina]

Not to mention generally that can be done without shouting. :smalltongue:

"It's fine, Rein." Though Kitty looks a little overwhelmed by the crying. She gently rocks Annie back and forth, trying to sooth her. "Everything's fine, Annie. Please don't cry."

*totally edits last post slightly because why did I think Annie was asleep?* >.>

Reinholdt
2013-11-10, 12:08 PM
[Felina]

It's time to... play some enchanted soothing pipes! Pan's flute to be exact. It's calming, more so to animals admittedly (whom it was designed for). Unfortunately, Rein's just bad at playing them and he knows it. So he mostly just runs up the notes and down the notes repeatedly rather than try to make any discernible melody. For the best really, but the effect might not be all that great.

Gullara
2013-11-10, 12:46 PM
[Felina]

Despite it being less than effective, the flute seems to work even still. Maybe because there's nothing persistent that's making Annie cry. "There, good girl." Kitty breathes a sigh of relief. She gives Rein a thankful look. "I have no idea what you did, but thanks."

Reinholdt
2013-11-10, 01:18 PM
[Felina]

He was right there! Surely she saw what he did.
"I played the flute. Kids love music." Reinholdt says, putting it away.

If you could call that playing.

Gullara
2013-11-10, 04:09 PM
[Felina]

"Apparently they're not picky about it either." Kitty teases. She's not buying it, but she'll let it slide. "I guess I'm going to have to get used to that. I wonder how old they are before that stops." It's hard to tell if she's being serious or not.

Reinholdt
2013-11-11, 01:41 AM
Felina

Everyone doesn't buy Rein's stories, even when they're mostly true!
No wonder he has to stoop to stealing.

"Crying? Like ten or something I think." Best learn to love the noise Kitty. It will be your life now.

Gullara
2013-11-11, 02:10 AM
[Felina]

"Oh, is that all?" So basically just a heartbeat of her immortality! Great! :smalltongue: "I can probably deal with that then. I'll probably have to feed her for at least that long too, huh?" Kitty actually laughs at that, unable to continue mocking seriousness.

Reinholdt
2013-11-11, 02:19 AM
Some of us have to make do with 80 years if we're lucky!

"I dunno. How fast do Kitsunes grow up?"

Gullara
2013-11-11, 02:38 AM
[Felina]

"Um, pretty much the same as humans I guess. That's what it was like for me. Oh, maybe it has something to do with the none kitsune parent. That'd make sense, right?" Kitty theorizes. She's never thought about this before.

Reinholdt
2013-11-11, 02:47 AM
"Maybe? It's kinda hard to tell. I mean Annie looks really normal, but the father couldn't have been human right?"

happyturtle
2013-11-11, 07:42 AM
Felina

Vasi will give all the parenting advice Kitty is willing to hear, and will spend the next few days? weeks? months? helping her out with the baby. Basically as long as Kitty wants the help.

Gullara
2013-11-11, 12:14 PM
[Felina]

"Oh, right. I was thinking about myself." Kitty looks down at Annie. "Well he looked like an elf. See? Pointed ears." She runs a finger over one of Annie's ears. "That's all I can say, though."

Reinholdt
2013-11-11, 09:37 PM
"Maybe he was a shapeshifter." Guess if you truly shapeshifted into a form and mated with that form, your children would have the traits of the form you were in? It's possible.

Ohh. Parenting advice time. Reinholdt listens in on what he can as Vasilisa goes into coaching mode. At least the parts he can catch today.

Gullara
2013-11-11, 10:28 PM
[Felina]

Whee, parenting advice. Though I imagine there'll be more doled over the rest of the time she's here. At least, not a lot right now. Why? Because Kitty is looking very tired. She just gave birth not that long ago, after all. It takes a lot out of you.

Reinholdt
2013-11-13, 12:29 AM
That's why you don't hold extensive, sometimes tangential conversations directly after childbirth.

Some time when he can, Reinholdt will excuse himself to exit the room and let Kitty have her rest.

happyturtle
2013-11-21, 06:47 AM
Dungeon Clearing!

*koff*

Oh, look, a secret passageway.

Felandria's Dungeon

We should probably move this to my Repository.

"But... how can it be a secret if we know about it ma'am?"

"It's still a secret to... um... Kal!" Decker says. "So we have to promise not to tell him."

Felandria
2013-11-21, 03:56 PM
Dungeon Clearing!

"It's still a secret to... um... Kal!" Decker says. "So we have to promise not to tell him."

Alright, let's head in there.

Reinholdt
2013-11-22, 04:22 AM
"I promise never to tell Kal ma'am. Umm... unless he asks ma'am. Then it'd be rude not to ma'am."
But he probably wouldn't tell Kal anyways, since he's scary.

Butler hurriedly finishes cleaning this section so he can gather up his stuff and follow Felandria.

happyturtle
2013-11-22, 04:40 AM
Into the secret tunnel! Decker goes first, because she's not letting Butler have point, and if Felandria did, there might be self-rp.