PDA

View Full Version : Initiate of Lolth

Frostfel Wizard
2013-11-09, 02:05 AM
So there isn't an Initiate of Lolth (at least not one that I could find), so I decided to make one. I based it off of Initiate of Eilistraee.

Initiate of Lolth
Requirements:
Cleric or Blackguard, Drow, Patron Diety Lolth

Once per day, you can spend one of the daily uses of your racial spell-like abilities (dancing lights, darkness, or faerie fire) to cast Web as a spell-like ability (caster level equals class level). In addition, you add the following spells to your cleric or Blackguard spell list. 1st--Alibi (Exemplars of Evil) 3rd--Spiderform (Drow of the Underdark) 5th--Shadow Form (Complete Adventurer)

I think this seems relatively balanced, but I also used spells that aren't on the Cleric spell list to so that it opens up some new abilities you wouldn't normally have access to. Also web is a second level spell, whereas magic missle (the original from Initiate of Eilistraee) is a level one, but the final spell for IoE is a 6th level where this is only a fifth, and the spells for IoE are made specially for it, unlike these. And then other than that I thought these spells made sense, subterfuge, sneaking, and spiders are kind of a Lolth worshipping drow kind of thing. But long story short (too late), I'm not sure about balance, which is my main concern with it.

Blueiji
2013-11-09, 02:48 AM
This looks very balanced. Web is a powerful spell, but the once per day limit keeps this from being to potent. The added spells are also nice.

I'd say the goal of a feat like this is to add some flavor to your Loth worshipper while also adding a little extra variety, and this feat accomplishes both of those goals. Nice job.

D20ragon
2013-11-09, 08:00 AM
With permission I will use this in my drow caimpaign.:smallbiggrin:

Frostfel Wizard
2013-11-09, 10:07 AM
Really? Yeah, go for it! It's cool that someone else would like to use something I created. :)

D20ragon
2013-11-10, 11:42 AM
Thanks! Yeah, I try to spread the use of good homebrew.:smallbiggrin: