PDA

View Full Version : Earin vs. Finn



AmberVael
2007-01-09, 10:24 AM
http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b46/quitmeyer1892/thearena2.gif
-Colored squares: These are the starting areas. The challenger starts in the Red square, the defender starts in the blue square. You can start anywhere in the square.

-Big spikey circular thing in the middle: The Sarlaac pit. Or, for those who want to keep in more medieval, the Maw of Doom. Stepping in any of the squares the sarlaac touches starts a grapple check (Sarlaac has +25). Every turn while grappled, you take piercing and crushing damage, 3d6 each. After 2 full rounds of being grappled, you are sucked in and swallowed whole, taking 4d6 acid damage and 5d6 each of piercing and bludgeoning. The only way to escape is with a DC 25 climb check, which will let you escape from the digestive tract, but you're still grappled.

-Brown diamonds with red dots: Lava geysers. Every time you step in one there's a 25% chance that you take 10d6 fire damage (reflex half).

-Greenish blobs: Acid pools. 3d6 acid damage for every step through them. *

-Grey circles: Normal, boring, 5' diameter boulders. Use them for cover or for improvised weapons, or whatever else you can come up with.

-White circles with the two lines: Bunnies. Have absolutely no effect on the battle unless someone does something to them.

-Weird stick figure in the upper-left hand corner: Waldo. Oh, there he is. Basically like the bunnies, but he can be used as cover, too.
Earin (http://www.thetangledweb.net/profiler/view.php?id=6166) vs. Finn (http://www.thetangledweb.net/profiler/view.php?id=6150)

Finn will start in the red square, while Earin will start in the blue.

What will win? Brute strength, or stealth and guile?

Posts coming soon!

McBish
2007-01-10, 12:06 AM
A short half orc half dragon walks into the arena. He is wearing a kilt and blue woad runs down his face and chest. He has a large falcion in his hands. Sioc, Leictreachas. And the sword covers itself in ice and electricity runs up and down the blade. He pulls out three potions and drinks them all. He tosses the bottles away and reachs into his back pack where he throws two small feathers onto the ground they spring up as whips and start floating around him. For those who have fallen before me!

Round one Drinks Potion of Heroism.
Round two Drinks potion of Displacement
Round three Drinks potion of Haste
Round 4 and 5 activates feather token whip.

Inititive Inititive (1d20+9=25) (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=818156)

AmberVael
2007-01-10, 12:39 AM
Earin and Elya walk out onto the field, and Earin kisses Elya, then teleports himself up into the stands.
Odd, since Earin is the one who is fighting.
Elya waves to Earin and gives a cocky grin. She snaps her fingers and changes into Earin, who smirks before engulfing himself in blue energy. When the energy fades, two gleaming blue bracers are ready on his arms, and an angelic double of himself trails behind him as he walks confidently to his starting spot. His eyes gleam a radiant blue as mist begins to surround him, and he tosses a few dice made of pure, radiant blue.
"You're gambling with high stakes..."
He flings them into the air and readies himself.
"Lets see how you do."

O 35.
Initiative (1d20+12=21) (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=817128)
Round 1:
Draw rapier, use Touchsight for 5pp.
Round 2:
Gain Psionic Focus, Invest 5 essentia in Midnight Augmentation (for Temporal Acceleration), manifest Inertial armor. (15 pp, adds +11 to Armor Bonus)
Round 3:
Invest 5 essentia into Incarnate avatar (+5 insight to AC) and manifests Energy Adaptation. (7pp)
Round 4:
Invest 5 essentia into Bluesteel Bracers and manifest Concealing Amorpha. (3pp)
Round 5:
Ready action.

Status:
HP: 297/297
Pp: 272/297
AC: 56

Rebonack
2007-01-10, 12:45 AM
Regiji sits in the bleachers, trying his best to ignore the probe which is currently singing 'Take me out to the Ball Game' horribly off key.

"Show that stack of templates what Incarnum and a few well placed manifester levels can do Earin!" Regiji yells.

McBish
2007-01-10, 01:02 PM
Finn grins at his cocky opponent and runs towards him.

Finn runs to m33 from m5
HP 482
AC 14 no dex while running

Oh and that hurts Regiji he only has one template.

AmberVael
2007-01-10, 03:08 PM
Earin simply fades from Finn's view, defying both logic and magic, then strikes Finn with a flurry of blows before blurring away.


Earin has concealment from Concealing Amorpha, and Trueseeing cannot penetrate his Third Eye of Concealment (Mind Blank). So he takes a 5ft step to N 34, making a hide and move silently check:
Hide/Move Silently (1d20+49=57, 1d20+35=37) (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=819000)
Then he attacks Finn 4 times with his Speed, Psychic rapier. Since he has nearly full Pp, the sword acts as a +5 weapon.
Rapier (1d20+27=35, 1d20+27=40, 1d20+22=38, 1d20+17=21) (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=818998)
Finn is flat footed, so all hit.
Damage:
Damage (1d6+12=14, 6d6=15, 1d6+12=15, 6d6=18, 1d6+12=16, 6d6=27, 1d6+12=17, 6d6=14) (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=819005)
The hits are separated into weapon damage and sneak attack damage. I forgot to add the +5 to all damage from Bluesteel bracers, so that adds another 20. The total damage is 156.
Wait, no, sneak attack won't work. Sorry.
Crit for attack 3:
Crit (1d20+22=28, 1d6+17=21) (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=819672)

NOTE: This damage calculation does not factor in any DR, resistances, etc. that you might have.

Earin then manifests Hustle for 5pp to instantly take a move action. He moves to R 32.

Status:
HP: 297/297
Pp: 267/297
AC: 56

McBish
2007-01-10, 06:27 PM
((Are you still hiden or can I see you since you attacked. Also I have uncanny dodge so I still get my Dex not that it matters, except you can't sneak attack me.))

McBish
2007-01-10, 09:41 PM
Finn gets stabbed by Earin and roars in pain, his face fills with rage but not seeing anything nearby he charges the closes thing. A Bunny. He brings down his Falcion on it and leaves a small crater where it use to be. He looks around and growls.

Will DC 72 (1d20+14=23) (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=819620) So I go into a frenzy. I might as well rage as well. This gives me +16 Str +6 Con and -6 AC.

Charge the bunny full power attack -23 to hit +92 damage.
Attack the bunny (1d20+42=47) (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=819621) Hit for Damage (2d4=4, 2d6+148=155) (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=819622) 159 damage. Dead bunny.

HP 489
AC 16
Rounds till Rage Frenzy leave 16

Ok I just looked it over and I screwed some of my math up. My attack should have only been +35 still hits though.

AmberVael
2007-01-10, 10:10 PM
Earin blurs out from behind his boulder and flings a deadly shard of crystal at Finn before throwing himself back into cover and focusing himself.

5ft step to Q 31
Use Temporal Acceleration for 12pp (using midnight augmentation) to gain two rounds.
Round One
Double move to I 29.
Round Two
Gain Psionic Focus.
-Normal Round-
Snipe manuever. Crystal Shard power, augmented to 16pp for 16d6 damage, as well as Sneak Attack. He expends his psionic focus for the Greater Psionic shot feat.
Crystal Shard (1d20+25=36) (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=819639)
Hits touch AC.
Damage:
Damage (16d6=55, 6d6=25, 4d6=13) (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=819641)
Again, I forgot my bracer bonus, but that will be negated by by your DR since the shard counts as a weapon.
Re-hide check:
Hide (1d20+29=36) (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=819645)
-20 for snipe included.
Earin then uses his move action to gain psionic focus.

Status:
HP: 297/297
Pp: 239/297
AC: 56

McBish
2007-01-10, 10:42 PM
Finn turns but can't see Earin behind the rock. He cries out and charges the nearest bunny.

Attack (1d20+35=40) (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=819678) the bunny gets hit with a full power attack. Damage Damage (2d4=4, 2d6+148=157) (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=819680) Cleave attack full power attack Damage (1d20+33=45) (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=819681) hit for Damage (2d4=6, 2d6+148=154) (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=819682) makes 2 dead bunnies. Still can't see Earin.

HP 375
AC 16
Rounds of rage 15
Position i28

Where there were two bunnies there is now a blood smear from the bunnies.

AmberVael
2007-01-10, 11:02 PM
Earin whips out a dagger and proceeds to make a filet out of his oblivious opponent.

Manifest Hustle for 5pp to draw dagger.
Attacks (1d20+25=42, 1d20+25=27, 1d20+21=27, 1d20+20=35, 1d20+15=20) (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=819710)
2 Rapier/Dagger/2 rapier
Rolling to confirm 2 crits...
Crits (1d20+25=32, 1d20+20=34) (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=819716)
Confirmed.
Damage:
Rapier (Plus Crits):
1d6+17=22, 1d6+17=23, 1d6+17=21, 1d6+17=19, 1d6+17=21, 1d6+17=19 (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=819723)
Dagger:
1d4+13=14 (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=819726)
Sneak Attack:
Sneak Attack (6d6=26, 6d6=23, 6d6=21, 6d6=23, 6d6=25) (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=819720)
257 damage. Of course, I am decidedly spotted now.

Status:
HP: 297/297
Pp: 234/297
AC: 56

McBish
2007-01-10, 11:12 PM
Finn turns and grins to find his opponent. He swings his falcion with suprising speed.

Attacks Damage (1d20+49=51, 1d20+49=51) (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=819737) (ignore the damage this is an attack.)attack (1d20+44=46) (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=819738) these last attacks are at full power attack that makes them +26 to hit and +52 damage and +32 damage attack (1d20+26=31, 1d20+26=30) (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=819743) I fall to the floor cursing Invisible castle.

HP 125 makes a heal activate 275 heal activates again total hp 425
AC 17
14 rounds till rage ends
Position i28

AmberVael
2007-01-10, 11:17 PM
As soon as Finn lifts his sword, Earin is gone, vanishing in a twinkling of an eye.

--IMMEDIATE ACTION--
Earin manifests Anticipatory Strike (9pp) to gain his next round NOW, as in before he gets attacked.
He disengages and hides at I 31.

Status:
HP: 297/297
Pp: 225/297
AC: 56

((I believe you get to reshape your turn because of this))
((And get another turn, because I used mine already on this turn))

McBish
2007-01-10, 11:30 PM
Finn leats out a mighty roar he charges the nearest creature. A rabbit.

Full power attack attack (1d20+35=53) (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=819766) confirm (1d20+35=49) (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=819767) Crit hits for Damage (4d4=14, 2d6+296=304, 2d10=8) (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=819768)

And according to Earin I get another turn. So I charge the another rabbit. attack (1d20+35=45) (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=819771) hitting for damage (2d4=5, 2d6+148=158) (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=819772) killing this one as well. Thanks to supreme cleave I can take a 5 foot step and attack Waldo attack (1d20+33=36) (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=819774) for damage (2d4=4, 2d6+148=159) (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=819775) damage.

HP 425
AC 17
Rounds of Rage 12
postion f9

Finn charges across the arena leaving a trail of death. Two more evil rabbits and their evil overlord Waldo fall to his mighty blade.

AmberVael
2007-01-10, 11:40 PM
Earin zips across the arena and hides behind a boulder, then flings a dagger at Finn which jabs into him before teleporting back to Earin. Earin ducks behind the boulder again.

Manifests Temporal Acceleration for 11pp
ROUND 1
Run to I 6
-Normal time-
Hide, then dagger snipe attack at Finn, using his psionic focus to use Fell Shot, Greater Psionic Shot, and sneak attack.
1d20+24=28 (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=819805)
Hits dex-less touch ac.
Damage:
1d4+14=17, 6d6=20, 4d6=15 (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=819809)
Then hide again and regain psionic focus.
No, I do not need to make hide/concentration checks. I automatically succeed on them... I feel cheap.

Status:
HP: 297/297
Pp: 214/297
AC: 56

McBish
2007-01-10, 11:46 PM
Finn growls and charges the nearest bunny. He brings his falcion down on the bunny and kills it dead. And then kills it's kids. That is how hard he killed it.

attack attack (1d20+35=38) (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=819820) damage damage (2d4=4, 2d6+148=151) (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=819823) dead bunny.

HP 378
AC 17
14 rounds left
position p7

AmberVael
2007-01-10, 11:52 PM
Earin leaps out of his cover and strikes Finn in the back before disappearing in a whirl of shadow.

Earin moves to 0 7, no longer hiding. He makes a rapier attack.
1d20+27=44 (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=819831)
Confirm Crit:
1d20+27=47 (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=819833)
Damage:
1d6+17=18, 1d6+17=22 (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=819834)
Dimension door to U 16 as a swift action for 13 pp, where I hide.

Status:
HP: 297/297
Pp: 201/297
AC: 56

McBish
2007-01-10, 11:58 PM
Finn growls and charges growls determined that everything in this arena will die. He kills another rabbit in a bloody smear.

attack (1d20+35=46) (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=819838) damage (2d4=2, 2d6+148=156) (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=819840) dead rabbit.

HP 343
AC 17
13 rounds left
postion y19

AmberVael
2007-01-11, 12:08 AM
Earin simply concentrates on Finn and engulfs him in a arcing blast of electricity, then moves over to him, ready to attack.
Energy Stun for 16pp.
Damage: 14d6=45 (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=819859)
((I had made the roll thinking I got +1 to damage for each die, but I don't.
Reflex DC to avoid: 35
If you fail the reflex save, make a will save at the same DC or be stunned for one round.

Earin moves to X 18

Status:
HP: 297/297
Pp: 180/297
AC: 56

McBish
2007-01-11, 12:34 AM
Finn dodges out of the way and grins as his foe has finnaly shown himself he swings his sword with rage.

Do to my stupidity many of the rolls of this round have been lost. I made my save and hit three times one of which was a natural 20 crit. Here is the damage.

dammage (2d4+44=49, 2d4+44=49) (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=819917) dammage (4d4+88=96) (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=819919) from swords electricity dammage (1d6=2, 1d6=6, 1d6=4) (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=819931) electricity dammage (1d10=6) (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=819932) from electricity ice dammage (1d6=6, 1d6=6, 1d6=4) (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=819934) ice dammage (1d10=4) (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=819936) from cold.
I'll add it up in a sec 232 damage

Wait I forgot Mind Blank blocks true seeing so I have to roll miss chances. {sarcasm}Oh well it is only 20% miss chance{/sarcasm}blur thingy miss chance high misses. (1d100=54, 1d100=89, 1d100=94) (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=819950) That's right two misses. Do to the lost rolls Earin has agreed to take a crit hit. For 96 damage. The elemental damage he is protected from in some way.


HP 343
AC 17
12 rounds left
position y19

Rebonack
2007-01-11, 12:52 AM
"Come on!" Regiji yells from the bleachers. "Leave the poor bunnies alone! Or at least have the decency to buy them a True Resurrection when you're done!"

AmberVael
2007-01-11, 12:55 AM
Earin winces at the blows, then suddenly blazes with blue light as he slashes at Finn in a mad fury.

Temporal Acceleration for 14pp and Midnight Augmentation (3 rounds)
Round 1
Gain Psionic Focus, Body Adjustment for 8d12=60 (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=819959) HP regained. (15pp to manifest)
Round 2
Manifest Vigor for 80 temp HP 16pp
Round 3
Manifest Force Screen for 13pp and +7 shield to AC. Manifest Temporal Acceleration againas a free action for 12pp with Midnight Augmentation.
Round 1
Gain psionic focus, manifest Body Adjustment for 9pp 5d12=39 (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=819963)
Back to Max HP
Round 2
Manifest Psychofeedback for 9pp, draining 8 charisma and 8 wisdom to pump Str to 40.
--Normal round--
Attacks:
Attacks (1d20+30=40, 1d20+30=46, 1d20+28=39, 1d20+25=31, 1d20+20=27) (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=819976)
Dagger is middle, as normal. All hit, one crit.
Rapier Damage:1d6+26=31, 1d6+26=28, 1d6+26=31, 1d6+26=29, 1d6+26=30 (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=819981)
Dagger Damage:
1d4+13=16 (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=819986)
Total: 165
Status:
HP: 297/297 80 temporary HP
Pp: 92/297
AC: 63
Psychofeedback time: 14 rounds

McBish
2007-01-11, 01:03 AM
Finn grins with delight and ignores the wounds as there is a glow and most of them heal up. He swings with his sword like a mad man. A mad man who knows how to handle a sword.

Attacks no power attackAttacks (1d20+57=67, 1d20+57=71) (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=819992) Attacks (1d20+52=54) (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=819993) Attacks (1d20+47=54) (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=819994) Power attack -8 to hit +32 damage Attacks (1d20+34=48) (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=819996)
2 Hits damage damage (2d4+44=48, 2d4+44=50) (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=820003) 98 damage.

HP 178 activates Heal 328 activates heal 478
AC 17
11 rounds left
position y19

And those are evil bunnies that have slowly been plotting to take over the world.

AmberVael
2007-01-11, 09:27 AM
As the sword hits him, blue light flashes and negates the damage with ease. However, the last strike finds purchase and Earin hisses, then counter attacks with a flurry of blows before blurring out of sight.
You forgot to roll miss chance again, so
1d100=78, 1d100=66 (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=820368)
But both hit anyways. I'm sure you won't mind me rolling that then.

Attacks (1d20+32=39, 1d20+32=37, 1d20+30=34, 1d20+27=47, 1d20+22=35) (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=820376)
One possible crit:
1d20+27=29 (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=820377) confirmed crit
Rapier Damage:
1d6+26=29, 1d6+26=31, 1d6+26=32, 1d6+26=32, 1d6+26=31 (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=820381)
Dagger Damage:
1d4+13=17 (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=820382)

Total damage: 172 (DR will make it 147)

Manifest Temporal Acceleration with Midnight Augmentation for 12pp and two rounds.
Round 1:
Regain psionic focus, move to Z 15 and hide.
Round 2:
Manifest Vigor for 16pp and 80 temp hp

Status:
HP: 279/297 80 temp
Pp: 64/297
AC: 63
Psychofeedback time: 10 rounds

McBish
2007-01-11, 11:14 AM
Finn growls, annoyed that his opponent has once again fled he continues to smite the evil Rabbits. Killing another one.

Charges to x28 to kill rabbit. Attack (1d20+35=45) (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=820492) damage (2d4+136=140, 2d6=3) (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=820493) Killing the rabbit.

HP 306
AC 15
10 rounds left
postion x28

AmberVael
2007-01-11, 11:18 AM
Earin zips out of cover and dives behind another boulder, getting ready to move.

Move to U 14 and hide.
Ready action to move to 5ft from Finn after Finn completes his attacks.

McBish
2007-01-11, 12:43 PM
Finn spots the last rabbit and charges it. But somehow his sword misses the rabbit and sinks into the ground.

Attack (1d20+35=36) (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=820568) miss. Drat.

HP 306
AC 17
9 rounds left
Position q15

AmberVael
2007-01-11, 04:50 PM
Earin runs to Finn and strikes him with a flurry of attacks.
Manifest hustle and move to R 15.
Full Attack:
attacks (1d20+31=51, 1d20+31=44, 1d20+29=38, 1d20+26=38, 1d20+21=29) (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=820833)
One possible crit:
1d20+31=47 (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=820835)
Crit.
Rapier Damage:
1d6+23=29, 1d6+23=24, 1d6+23=28, 1d6+23=27, 1d6+23=28 (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=820839)
Dagger Damage:
1d4+13=17 (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=820844)
TOTAL: 133 (108 after DR)

McBish
2007-01-11, 05:03 PM
Finn slashes at Earin his eyes filled with rage.

Attack (1d20+61=77, 1d20+61=75) (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=820856) (one possible crit) Attack (1d20+61=81) (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=820861) (confirmed) Attack (1d20+56=68) (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=820862) Attack (1d20+51=60) (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=820863) Attack (1d20+46=49) (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=820864) 3 hits one crit.
Damage Attack (2d4+44=48, 2d4+44=51) (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=820868) Attack (4d4+88=96, 4d4+88=104) (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=820870) take the first one because I forgot to change 2 to 1. For 195 damage. Miss chance that annoys me to no end. High misses. (1d100=94, 1d100=28, 1d100=20) (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=820876) So the crit misses and that takes the damage down to 99.

HP 198
AC 17
8 rounds left
position q15

AmberVael
2007-01-11, 05:24 PM
Earin hesitates for a single moment, his eyes blazing with energy, then slams a flurry of attacks at Finn, moving too fast for the human eye to follow...


Earin attacks again, as normal:
1d20+31=41, 1d20+31=46, 1d20+29=38, 1d20+26=27, 1d20+21=33 (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=820881)
One miss, on crit:
1d20+31=51 (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=820883)
Crit.
Rapier Damage:
1d6+23=24, 1d6+23=26, 1d6+23=29, 1d6+23=29 (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=820885)
Dagger:
1d4+13=15 (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=820887)

Earin then manifests Anticipatory Strike (9pp) and makes another flurry of attacks against Finn.
1d20+31=42, 1d20+31=44, 1d20+29=33, 1d20+26=34, 1d20+21=26 (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=820891)
All hits, no crits.
damage:
1d6+23=25, 1d6+23=24, 1d6+23=24, 1d6+23=27 (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=820894)
Dagger:
1d4+13=15 (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=820895)

Total Damage: 238
Damage after DR: 188

And I lose my next round. >.<
This is going to hurt...

Status:
HP: 260/297
Pp: 55/297
AC: 63

douglas
2007-01-11, 05:24 PM
-Readied Action-
Move to R 15
-My Turn-
Finn gets a turn between those. I'm not sure how initiative stands at this point, so I'll deal with both possibilities:

If your initiative was higher than Finn's, you ready your action, Finn goes, your readied action happens, and Your initiative result becomes the count on which you took the readied action (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/combat/specialInitiativeActions.htm#ready), which was after Finn's because you specifically readied it to happen after Finn's action. In the following round, Finn goes first.

If your initiative was lower than Finn's, you ready your action as the last thing in the round. In the next round, Finn goes, your readied action happens, and you do not get your regular action that round (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/combat/specialInitiativeActions.htm#ready). Combat moves to the next round, where Finn (still) has the higher initiative.

AmberVael
2007-01-11, 05:28 PM
((Easy enough to remedy. I'll spend 5pp to manifest hustle))

McBish
2007-01-11, 05:34 PM
Finn ignores the mutiple cuts and stabs as he slashes at Earin grining madely. He continues his attack slashing at his opponent.

Attack (1d20+61=73, 1d20+61=69) (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=820897) Attack (1d20+56=57) (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=820898) Attack (1d20+51=56) (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=820899) Attack (1d20+46=48) (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=820900) two possible hits Miss chance high misses (1d100=35, 1d100=24) (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=820901) Hit for Damage (2d4+44=48, 2d4+44=49) (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=820902)

Next round

Attack (1d20+61=74, 1d20+61=72) (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=820903) Attack (1d20+56=71) (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=820904) (roll to confirm Confirm (1d20+56=72) (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=820905) confimed) Confirm (1d20+51=57) (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=820906) Attack (1d20+46=48) (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=820907) so 3 possible hits one possible crit Miss chance high misses (1d100=7, 1d100=11, 1d100=57) (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=820908) all hit for damage (2d4+44=48, 2d4+44=51) (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=820909) damage (4d4+88=100) (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=820910)

Total damage from both rounds 296

HP 10
AC 17
rounds left 6
position q15

AmberVael
2007-01-11, 11:32 PM
After Finn completes his second attack, Earin blurs out of the way and hides, holding his wounds.

After my normal initiative count passes, I can use Anticipatory strike again. So Earin spends 9pp and disengages, moving to V 15 and hiding.

McBish gets to rework his second turn, and gets another.

Status:
HP: 163/297
Pp: 46/297
AC: 63

McBish
2007-01-11, 11:35 PM
Finn roars in rage as Earin hides again. He sees the rabbit and cuts of it's head, then hits the dead body a couple of more times.

Right I'm just keeping my roles from last time since Ninja man up there has decided I can't kill him just yet. So yeah. Dead rabbit with pointy teeth.

HP 10
AC 17
rounds left 6
position q15

AmberVael
2007-01-12, 12:09 AM
Earin glows blue for a moment as he concentrates on healing himself.
Body Adjustment for 15 pp
8d12=50 (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=821173)
Status:
HP: 213/297
Pp: 31/297
AC: 63

McBish
2007-01-12, 12:17 AM
Finn charges the nearest boulder at strikes at it with his sword.

Finn charges the boulder at u15 moving into t15. He full powers attacks it. damage (2d4+136=143) (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=821174) Rock hp 757

HP 10
AC 17
5 rounds left
position t15

AmberVael
2007-01-12, 12:19 AM
Earin focuses on healing himself again.

Same thing as last time
8d12=42 (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=821175)
Status:
HP: 255/297
Pp: 16/297
AC: 63

McBish
2007-01-12, 12:23 AM
Finn continues to attack the boulder.

damage (2d4+136=141, 2d4+136=138) (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=821176) damage (2d4+116=123) (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=821179) damage (2d4+96=101) (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=821180) damage (2d4+76=82) (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=821181) Rock HP 172

HP 10
AC 17
4 rounds left
position t15

AmberVael
2007-01-12, 12:25 AM
Earin focuses himself and puts a shield of energy around himself, praying it will be enough.
Vigor for 9pp, givining me 45 temporary hp
Status:
HP: 255/297 45 temp
Pp: 7/297
AC: 63

McBish
2007-01-12, 12:28 AM
Finn quickly smashes the rest of the of the rock hoping to find Earin behind it.

My minimum damage reduces it to gravel.
HP 10
AC 17
3 rounds left
position t15

Rebonack
2007-01-12, 12:30 AM
"You have got to be kidding," Regiji yells from the stands. "First he kills the bunnies, then Waldo, and now he's going to smash the rocks? Seriously, what has the scenery ever done to him?"

AmberVael
2007-01-12, 12:34 AM
Earin sighs and vanishes, reappearing a good distance away, hidden again as he gets ready to throw daggers until the creature is dead.
Manifest Dimension Door as a full round action for 5pp. New position is 0 9.
Status:
HP: 255/297 45 temp
Pp: 2/297
AC: 63

McBish
2007-01-12, 12:38 AM
Finn charges the nearest boulder again hoping to smash all of Earin's hiding spots.

Right charging this boulder. damage (2d4+136=141) (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=821200)

HP 10
AC 17
2 rounds left
Postion y16

AmberVael
2007-01-12, 12:42 AM
Earin pops out of his hiding and flings a small crystal shard at Finn, hoping to bring him down with the unexpected attack.

Snipe attack, greater psionic shot, fell shot. Expend focus.
Crystal shard for 1pp.
1d20+25=36 (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=821201)
Damage:
1d6+4d6+5=24 (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=821205)
Earin regains psionic focus as he hides again.

McBish
2007-01-12, 12:48 AM
Finn refuses to give up despite his blood pouring out of his wounds.

Well since I can't see you I will kill this boulder damage (10d4+571=600) (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=821209) making it a total of 741 damage. It is still there. Oh in case you are wondering that was my 5 attacks.

HP -14
AC 17
rounds left 1

AmberVael
2007-01-12, 12:52 AM
Earin stands and moves foward a little, hefting a dagger and then throwing it at his adversary.


Move to U 9
Greater Psionic weapon, fell shot.
1d20+16=33 (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=821222)
Damage:
1d4+21=24, 4d6=14 (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=821226)

McBish
2007-01-12, 01:02 AM
Finn charges his opponet putting all his power into this attack. He ignores the damage from the acid as it eats his feet and legs.

Right I just misplaced my to hit. But I missed I rolled a 16+40 which doesn't hit. The damage from the acid is Acid (6d6=21) (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=821250)

Out of rage and frenzy my HP is now -142 and I die.

Finn swings his sword and misses as Earin dodges out of the way. His eyes glaze over as the pain of his injuries wash over him and he falls to his knees and then to the ground. Dead.

AmberVael
2007-01-12, 01:04 AM
Earin smiles almost stupidly.
"Hey. I won."
His remaining powers give way, and he staggers under loss of strength and energy, not to mention blood.

McBish
2007-01-12, 01:08 AM
Clerics rush out to Finn and raise him. He looks around a bit at the devestation he caused. He sees the 9 dead rabbits Waldo's body and the two destroyed boulders.

AmberVael
2007-01-12, 01:09 AM
Elya teleports to Earin's side and heals him, then sends some psionic energy into him. He leans against her a little and holds up an arm in a victory salute.

douglas
2007-01-12, 01:11 AM
((I wonder how this would have turned out if Finn had a different set of contingent spells. Specifically, instead of four Heals set for when his HP gets low, a single Wish to be fully healed triggered just before ending a rage or frenzy with enough damage to kill him.))

McBish
2007-01-12, 01:11 AM
Finn nods to Earin. Good fight that. Can't remember the last time I took that big of a beating. Probably due to the severe head trauma.

((Or 41 heals contigencies. But I didn't want to be that cheap. Really what would have been nice was an amulet of touchsight that would have stoped Earin from hiding from me.))