PDA

View Full Version : Close-Quarters Shooting[Feat]

TheOOB
2007-01-10, 12:47 AM
Close Quarters Shooting[General]
You can shoot a ranged weapon without dropping your defenses.
Prerequisites: Dodge, Point Blank Shot
Benefit: You do not provoke attacks of oppertunity from your dodge target for attacking with a ranged weapon in a square they threaten.

Matthew
2007-01-10, 02:32 PM
Interesting Feat. Seems mechanically fine. How does it interact with Thrown Weapons and Slings?

TheOOB
2007-01-10, 03:05 PM
Thrown weapons and slings are considered ranged weapons, thrown weapons just are not projectile weapons. Thus this feat works just fine for them.

ExHunterEmerald
2007-01-10, 03:29 PM
Not bad--add this to the list of feats Legolas has.

Matthew
2007-01-10, 04:02 PM
Thrown weapons and slings are considered ranged weapons, thrown weapons just are not projectile weapons. Thus this feat works just fine for them.

Good. It was just this opening sentence that made me wonder.

You can shoot a ranged weapon without dropping your defensives

Overall, a solid Feat (though I presume 'defences' is meant, rather than defensives, though you may spell it defenses).

ExHunterEmerald is no doubt right that Legolas has this Feat... at least the Movie Version, along with a number of less well balanced others!

ExHunterEmerald
2007-01-10, 04:12 PM
It's like Legolas is a living playtest.
"Okay, in this game, we'll be trying some new things to see how they work. Legolas has graciously volunteered to try them out so as to preserve game balance."
"...dude, for the rest of your game, all your kills only count as one."

TheOOB
2007-01-10, 04:16 PM
Ack, my spelling is not known for being good. I ment defenses.

Ping_T._Squirrel
2007-01-10, 06:06 PM
I thought I saw an epic to that effect somewhere. To me, though, it does not seem too epic.

Ultimatum479
2007-01-10, 06:14 PM
I see you like Dodge trees. ^_^

I like CQS. It's really not overpowered at all for a feat, though, so you probably don't even need the BAB requirement and it'll still be fair.

TheOOB
2007-01-11, 06:46 PM
I belive the epic feat makes it so you don't provoke AoO's at all with ranged weapons, even with this feat it's still dangerous to use a ranged weapon with multiple foes arround you.

I do like dodge feats, it's a good simple way to allow some defensive ability to only work agienst a single target at a time. The only problum is not everyone can fit dodge in their build.

I was also thinking about dropping the BAB prerequisites. The feat requirements allready ensure that a nonhuman fighter can't get it till level 2(level 1 for human), and a nonhuman nonfighter can't get it till level 6(level 3 for humans). Besides, Percise Shot and possibly rapid shot are usually considered more important for an archery build.