PDA

View Full Version : Cave behind the Waterfall

Deadly
2007-01-10, 05:59 PM
Somewhere in the mountains there is a large cavern, hidden in a small valley behind a waterfall. The cavern was formed by the underground river that flows through it and joins with the water from the waterfall. Almost the entire cavern floor is covered by the cold, flowing water, leaving few dry spots. The reflections of the light from outside in the flowing water creates numerous shadows in the corners and along the ceiling.

[hr]
Aeri and Libris enters the cavern. It is almost empty, except for a rough table with a few tools, a cage and some sort of large orb in the center. Inside the cage lies an old man, unconcious.

The_Librarian
2007-01-10, 06:02 PM
"Oh gods... what's been happening here?" the librarian breathes, recalling all too well a similar set up.

Deadly
2007-01-10, 06:04 PM
Aeri narrows her eyes That... looks like the same old man... Michael, from the slums. Oh my. She moves a bit closer, though wary of it being a trap

The_Librarian
2007-01-10, 06:06 PM
The librarian won't stop her. She keeps her distance, though, scanning the room for anything that would indicate an imminent attack.

Deadly
2007-01-10, 06:10 PM
Aeri slowly reaches the man and cage. She kneels down to check on him. He's alive, but poorly beaten. she frowns and pours a bit of healing energy into him to heal the worst. He coughs and looks up with fear in his eyes "L...Leave... here.... he'll come... back" he manages to say before falling back into unconciousness.

The_Librarian
2007-01-10, 06:12 PM
"We could probably carry him out between us," the librarian says.

Deadly
2007-01-10, 06:16 PM
Aeri nods and looks around I don't like this, though...

A shadow moves behind Libris. You know, when I saw the dead wolves outside, I knew something was wrong he sneers I don't know how you found me this soon, but it matters not. I suggest you say your last prayers.

With that, the shadow moves to grab Libris and drain her of strength

The_Librarian
2007-01-10, 06:19 PM
The librarian tries to duck out of the way, but the shadow is too quick. She remembers this, remembers how close to death she was before, and panics.

"Aeri!"

Deadly
2007-01-10, 06:23 PM
Aeri jumps up and an aura of positive energy bursts out from her, filling the area around her. Jadic yelps, half in pain half in surprise, and jumps back. Aeri quickly charges at him, swinging her blades but missing.

The_Librarian
2007-01-10, 06:25 PM
The librarian gathers her wits and turns to face Jadic, sword drawn. She waits for Aeri's move, then snarls and lunges at him with her own sword.

Deadly
2007-01-10, 06:30 PM
Jadic moves quickly, dodging the blow as he shifts into his human form and stabs a poisoned dagger at Aeri. He smirks as it cuts her slightly but his smirk changes to confusion as the poison doesn't have the desired effect. What? But... how... he says before Aeri's blade cuts into his side. He screams and jumps back with incredible speed.

The_Librarian
2007-01-10, 06:34 PM
"Something wrong, Jadic?"

The librarian grins at Aeri, then lunges again.

Deadly
2007-01-10, 06:37 PM
Jadic seems utterly confused, but manages to keep his focus. He tries to dodge Libris' attack but doesn't make it completely, taking at hit in the arm. He sneers and turns back into a shadow before tearing at Aeri, trying to drain her but with no effect.

The_Librarian
2007-01-10, 06:39 PM
Why isn't she affected? Gah, this is no time to start doubting her!

The librarian's smile vanishes and she stands back, waiting for Jadic to take on solid form again.

Deadly
2007-01-10, 06:43 PM
Seeing that he has no effect, Jadic turns into hubrid wolf/human/dragon form ((looks funny, I'm sure :))) and lashes out at Aeri with his claws. Aeri dodges to the side and manages to cut his shoulder.

The_Librarian
2007-01-10, 06:46 PM
The librarian slices her sword down through the air, aiming to sever Jadic's arm from the rest of him.

Deadly
2007-01-10, 06:51 PM
Aeri takes a few hits, but continues her attacks.

Libris' blow misses slightly, leaving a wound, but not having quite the effect hoped for. Jadic snarls and turns to try and drain Libris instead.

The_Librarian
2007-01-10, 06:52 PM
This time, the librarian is ready for the reaction and jumps back, out of the way. She draws her second sword and smirks.

A jet of flame heads towards Jadic.

Deadly
2007-01-10, 06:58 PM
Jadic, dodging the blows from Aeri, gets hit by the flame. He snarls and teleports to behind the large sphere thing. He lifts a hand Enough! One more step and I'll destroy this. It is fragile, and you don't want me to break it!

Aeri glares at him What trick is this?!

He frowns This sphere contains quite a lot of poison. The river that it will fall into connects with just about every river and stream in the woods. You don't want to see what happens to those wolves drinking the water!

The_Librarian
2007-01-10, 07:02 PM
The librarian lowers her sword.

"But what would it get you? What do you want? Why do any of this?"

Deadly
2007-01-10, 07:08 PM
Jadic glares at Libris I want revenge! Against the cursed Shoar and his pathetic servants. he turns to Aeri And I will especially enjoy killing you.

Aeri frown I don't believe you'll do it!

He smirks You want to test me?

The_Librarian
2007-01-10, 07:11 PM
The librarian takes a step forward.

"You won't do it. The moment you smash that orb, we'll have nothing to lose. You'll be dead in five different ways before the poison reaches the woods."

Deadly
2007-01-10, 07:16 PM
Aeri smiles, seeing that Libris is with her in this Besides, you need those wolves. You want those wolves for your little army. If you turn them mad you can't use them.

Jadic frowns I... I just need to perform the proper ritual, then I will control all the poisoned wolves.

Ritual? I bet you haven't had time to prepare that yet.

Jadic clenches his fist Don't push me! I will destroy it!

The_Librarian
2007-01-10, 07:19 PM
"Break it and all your plans come to nothing," the librarian says, heartened by Aeri's smile. "You'll have no army, no ritual... you accomplish nothing."

Deadly
2007-01-10, 07:23 PM
Jadic glares at them Fine, if I can't win this day, then I can flee. This is not over! he says and tries to teleport away, but failing as a bonechilling cold fills the cave. He looks around in confusion and anger What!?! Andracil! he turns around and runs for the exit but is blocked by Aeri

The_Librarian
2007-01-10, 07:27 PM
The librarian wraps her wings around herself against the sudden chill.

"Aeri, what's going on?" she asks nervously.

Deadly
2007-01-10, 07:30 PM
The cold takes off. Aeri shakes her head I'm not sure, but seems Jadic have been betrayed after all. Jadic looks between them, then in desperation attacks Aeri. Aeri tries her best to guard against the wild attack.

The_Librarian
2007-01-10, 07:33 PM
The librarian tries to grab hold of Jadic and pull him away from Aeri.

"Oh no you don't!"

Deadly
2007-01-10, 07:41 PM
Jadic tears free of Libris' grasp and jumps right back at Aeri who can do little more than defend herself. One of Jadic's claws get a hold of Aeri's necklace and tears it off. Her eyes widen in fear and she panics, trying to get away. As she crawls backwards, another claw hits her in the face, leaving deep wounds. She screams in pain and the shadows seems to gather around her as she shifts into a shadowy hybrid form and in a frenzy leaps up and tears wildly at Jadic.

Jadic falls backwards from pure shock, his eyes wide Sh... Shana? But... no! This can't be! he crawls back to avoid her attack, but not quickly enough.

The_Librarian
2007-01-10, 07:45 PM
The librarian backs away from the fighting pair, watching Aeri in shock as she changes. Her wings touch the wall and she freezes.

Deadly
2007-01-10, 07:50 PM
Jadic almost seems to be begging now, if he could actually do so for the constant attacks. He stumbles and falls No... please, Shana... sister... he says before a hit smashes his head against the floor. He lies still, but Aeri keep hitting him.

Finally, after a while, her rage seems to calm a bit and her eyes turn from madness to horror at the sight before her. She looks at her hands and tears start to well up in her eyes as she leaps up and runs out.

The_Librarian
2007-01-10, 07:52 PM
Torn between hate and compassion, the librarian kneels beside Jadic and tries to find signs of life.

Deadly
2007-01-10, 07:53 PM
There are none. He is quite dead.

The_Librarian
2007-01-10, 07:55 PM
The librarian stands up and looks at Jadic coldly. She can find no grief for him after seeing what the wolf had been put through. She turns to Michael to see if she can free him from the cage.

Deadly
2007-01-10, 07:56 PM
The cage is easily opened with a little effort. Michael is still unconcious.

The_Librarian
2007-01-10, 08:01 PM
The librarian grabs Michael's arm and wraps it around her shoulders. She then tries to haul Michael to his feet so that she can drag him away.

Deadly
2007-01-10, 08:02 PM
Michael wakes up briefly but seems to be unaware of what goes on.

The_Librarian
2007-01-10, 08:06 PM
Putting all thoughts of what might have happened to Aeri aside, the librarian leaves the cave, taking Michael with her.

Deadly
2007-01-10, 08:08 PM
As Libris leaves the cave, a thick mist gathers, obscuring vision until nothing can be seen. As the mist slowly disappears again, the body of Jadic is nowhere to be found.

The_Librarian
2007-01-12, 04:16 PM
The librarian steps into the cave and looks around, frowning.

Where's the body?

"Michael?" she calls uncertainly.

Deadly
2007-01-12, 04:17 PM
Michael walks up and looks around, not really happy about being back here "Yes?" he says

The_Librarian
2007-01-12, 04:18 PM
"The body's gone. Someone's been back here since we left."

Deadly
2007-01-12, 04:20 PM
Michael frowns "That doesn't sound good. But who would take his body?"

The_Librarian
2007-01-12, 04:22 PM
"Perhaps Aeri. Maybe she wanted to give him a decent burial." She looks around the cave. "But in any case, she's not here now, and we don't need to stay in this cursed place any longer." She heads for the waterfall again.

Deadly
2007-01-12, 04:23 PM
Michael sighs "Let's hope it's that..." he mutters as he follows her outside again