PDA

View Full Version : Whose Comic Is Underdeveloped Now?

Thomar_of_Uointer
2007-01-11, 10:33 PM
Well, after 16 comics and a few people on this forum who seem to have dedicated their lives to complaining about it (all the more proof that Erfworld is something special), the comic seems to have picked up. Random funny random things that are funny, highly predictable plot twists, hillarious onomatopoeia, and what in general looks like it's leading into a story that's perfectly capable of standing besides a stick-figure comic drawn in the spare time of a freelance game designer.

Anyways, I just thought I'd post something positive, since we all know that until a book comes out, Balder and Noguchi are just living off of good vibes.

IronMouse
2007-01-11, 11:27 PM
Hey I said I would give Erf 30 episodes.

Ya know not everyone is going to like what you do but just cause that is so is no reason to get to be disparaging with people who are not or have not enjoyed this comic as much as you have…or the that freelance game designer who is hosting Efworld

And I still prefer Goblins…and 8-bit theatre…and Full Frontal Nerds

pclips
2007-01-12, 12:02 AM
Yeah I appreciate the support and much of the sentiment here, but let's not have this kind of thread, okay? I really don't want to see Erfworld vs OOTS topics. It's not cool.

JonathanC
2007-01-12, 12:02 AM
I've been reading it. It's good...I was starting to get tired of the "real world" segment, but it hasn't lasted too long, and the story seems like it's going someplace interesting. No love for Hamstard though. :)

Ulrich_Brew
2007-01-12, 05:46 PM
Erfworld is one of the best comics I have ever read. Of course I've only read about 5, but you are definitely the newcomer of the year :smallbiggrin:

Erf=Earth Tee hee

By the way, I convey all the emotion of Ben Stein.

silentknight
2007-01-12, 07:04 PM
Hey, now there's an idea!

How about a thread about who would win....Erfworld characters vs. OOTS characters!

Aliquid
2007-01-12, 07:21 PM

How about a thread about who would win....Erfworld characters vs. OOTS characters!No, no no no and no

Bad idea....

Alchemistmerlin
2007-01-12, 07:24 PM
stick-figure comic drawn in the spare time of a freelance game designer.

Wow, there's gratitude for you.

Q:"Whose Comic Is Underdeveloped Now?"
A: Still Erfworld

AngryGreek
2007-01-12, 08:49 PM

How about a thread about who would win....Erfworld characters vs. OOTS characters!

Ugh, it's precisely the lack of threads like this that I prefer the Erf forums to the OOTs forums. I like OOTS as a comic better, but shudder at all the posts regarding potential stats of characters, who would win in a fight, etc. ad nauseum. So, of I can appeal to your good nature, let's not, and not even say we did, please? LOL

silentknight
2007-01-12, 09:49 PM
I was kidding. I agree with you. No need to stat out every character and I won't say another word about it.

Sunflower
2007-01-17, 10:52 PM
Well, after 16 comics and a few people on this forum who seem to have dedicated their lives to complaining about it (all the more proof that Erfworld is something special), the comic seems to have picked up. Random funny random things that are funny, highly predictable plot twists, hillarious onomatopoeia, and what in general looks like it's leading into a story that's perfectly capable of standing besides a stick-figure comic drawn in the spare time of a freelance game designer.

Anyways, I just thought I'd post something positive, since we all know that until a book comes out, Balder and Noguchi are just living off of good vibes.

I think it's pretty rude to try to create some sort of competition between the two comics, especially when it's doubtful whether Erfworld would have gotten so much traffic and exposure if it hadn't been riding the Giant's coattails.

What was the point of your thread, other than to stir up trouble?