PDA

View Full Version : Risk Legacy Adventures: RPG

tempestman
2013-11-30, 02:10 AM
My friends and I are huge fans of traditional games in both their complex PnP forms and somewhat simpler board game design. After completing a 15 game Risk Legacy Campaign and thoroughly enjoying ourselves as we role-played as various leaders of the different factions vying for complete power (Imperial Balkania wrested control of that Earth by a landslide victory, followed distantly by the Enclave of the Bear), my friends and I decided to make an RPG based off of the setting.

Since Risk Legacy was fairly light in its fluff, we were given the opportunity to expand upon it as we saw fit, basing the various factions on how we personally interpreted the bits of fluff given to us by Hasbro and our interactions with one another. As we compiled this information some things were changed to get a sense of cohesion and (since it was going to be turned into an RPG setting and we didn't want one faction dominating the world) balance out the World Powers.

After compiling the fluff my friends and I were trying to decide whether to run the game using d20 Modern's system, a modified d20 Star Wars system, or if we were going to make our own.

Being the nerds that we are, we decided on the latter option (https://www.mediafire.com/folder/c8ke42rzgt48y/Risk%20Legacy%20Adventures%20RPG).

Linked is the rough draft PDF for the Risk Legacy Adventures RPG. None of the images in the document are the intellectual property of myself or my friends and are there for two reasons: to break up the walls of text and to inspire and help visualize characters and areas. What mechanics that are not original are protected under the OGL. I do not want to take credit for what my friends and I did not personally create.

I wanted to share this with GitP and gauge the community's reactions to the PDF before making a dedicated thread about it that will include lists and charts and all sorts of goodies. All constructive feedback (on both mechanics and fluff) are greatly appreciated. Anything created by members of this forum will be added and credited accordingly. If we get enough positive feedback I'll dedicate some time and energy to making a proper thread about the game. I hope you enjoy!