ngilop
2013-12-04, 01:38 AM
Ugoki
12th level Cleric
Size/Type: Huge Outsider (Evil)
Hit Dice: 20d8+280 + 12d8+168 (592 hp)
Initiative: 0
Speed: 50 feet
Armor Class: 51, touch 24, flat-footed 51 (-2 size, +4 divine, +27 natural +12 insight)
Base Attack/Grapple: +29/+47
Attack: Slam +39 (4d6+10)
Full Attack: 2 Slams +39 (4d6+10) plus Daze, and 2 Claws +34 (1d8+5), and 2 Stomps +34 (4d8+10)
Space/Reach: 20 ft./15 ft. (10 ft for claws)
Special Attacks: Asphyxiation, Cessation, Cripple, Dementing Visions, Enslave Undead, Fear Aura, Harm Touch, Immobilize, Rampage, Rebuke Undead (12), Spells, Trample (8d8+15), Trucidation
Special Qualities: Abscond, Blindsight, DR 20/-, Darkvision (90 ft.), Demon Sight, Devouring Darkness, Gather Shadows, Immunity to ability drain or damage, daze, disease, fire, electricity, exhaustion, mind-affecting spells, negative energy attacks, paralysis, polymorph, and stunning, Minions of Shadow, Resistance to Acid 20, Cold 20 and Sonic 20, Regeneration 10/Good, See in Darkness, SR 38 Command Undead (12)
Saves: Fort +26, Ref +14, Will +17
Abilities: Str 31, Dex 11, Con 38, Int 23, Wis 21, Cha 28
Skills: Climb +42, Hide +20, intimidate +29, Jump +42, Knowledge(geography, history, arcane, religion, and the planes) all +34, Listen +37, Search +26, Sense Motive +32, Spot +35.
Feats: Blessing of The Godless, Cleave, Divine Meta-Magic: Quicken, Lightning Reflexes, Dodge, Combat Reflexes, Mobility, Quicken Spell, Spring Attack, Umbral Shroud, Whirlwind Attack B Power Attack, B Blind-Fight.
Enviroment: The Twisting Void
Organization: Solitary (Unique)
Challange Rating: 24
Treasure: Triple Standard
Alignment: Neutral Evil
Level Adjustment: —

Ugoki resides in his fortress, Howlester Keep in the center of the only landmass in the demipane known as The Twisting Void. At the center of that dark and horrific place, he broods over his growing empire, surrounded by thousands upon thousands of dread minions He is an enormous hulking shape, A bulbous head with with no face, no sign of any sensory organ at all (although the dread being is preternaturally sensitive) He has two muscular, oversized arms than can crush a man with a single blow, and two smaller (large size), yet still powerful clawed hands, Massive trunk like powerfu legs support the creature.

Ugoki is the master of most who live in the realm known as Charrow, who seek to appease him, as they live in fear and awe of their master. He does not often venture forth from his stronghold to tread the world, but when he has need to intervene in affiars or thwarts plans of other powerful beings, with whom he is in constant competition, all but of few of thse end in doom when one comes tp the attention of Ugoki. Euryale, being the only being he has encountered so far who rivals.. and mayhaps even surpass him in power.

Abscond (Sp): Once per day Ugoki can teleport (as greater teleport) to his inner sanctum with no chance of error. This ability also activates if Ugoki ever drops below 1 hit point.

Asphyxiate (Su): Three times per day, Ugoki can deal 6d6 points of non-lethal damage and deals 6 Strenght and Dexterity damage to any target within 100 feet. A successful Fortitude save ( DC 35) reduces this to half damage and negates the ability damage. Any creature that takes more non-lethal damage than it has hit points takes lethal damage instead. A target falls unconscious at 0 hit points. In the following round, the target drops to -1 hit points and is dying. In the third round, the target. suffocates. The save DC is Charisma-based.

Blindsight (Ex): Ugoki has blindsight out to 250 feet.

Cessation (Sp): Three times per day as a standard action, Ugoki can inflict up to 16 targets with 2d8 disease damage a round for 16 rounds. This ability has a range of 400 feet and each target must be within 30 feet of each other.

Conjure Corpse (Sp): At will as a standard action, Ugoki can call a corpse within a 1-mile radius.

Cripple (Su): Three times per day as a standard action, Ugoki can cripple a target within 100 feet. The target suffers a - 4 penalty to Strength and Dexterity, incurs a -10 Penalty to Constitution, and a - 6 penalty to AC that lasts for 1 minute. A successful Fortitude save (DC 35) halves the penalties. The save DC is Charisma-based.

Dementing Visions (Su): Three times per day as a standard action, Ugoki can assault the mind of an opponent within 400 feet. This is a mind-affecting attack that deals 16d6 points of damage and stuns an opponent for 1d4+1 round. A successful Will save (DC 35) halves the damage and negates the stun. The save DC is Charisma-based

Demonic Sight (Su): Ugoki is under the effects of permanent see invisible and arcane sight effects.

Devouring Darkness (Sp): At will as a standard action, Ugoki can use this ability which mimics the spell deeper darkness, except the range is 400 feet and all within the area of the spell suffer 3d10 points of damage each round. A Will save (DC 35) halves the damage.

Enslave Undead (Su): Once a day, Ugoki can control an undead creature up to 36 Hit Die. This ability is permanent though a Will save (DC 35) negates. Mindless undead are automatically enslaved. The save DC is Charisma-based.

Fear Aura (Su): This ability operates continuously within a 20-foot radius as the fear spell. A Will save (DC 35) negates the effect. A successful save renders the target immune for 24 hours. The save DC is Charisma-based. This is a Terror effect.

Gather Shadows (Ex): Ugoki can gain concealment giving him a 20% miss chance against all attack. This ability last for 16 minutes.

Harm Touch (Su): Once per hour, Ugoki may make a melee touch attack (at +39) to deliver harm touch. The harm touch deals 128 points of damage. A successful Fortitude save at DC 35 reduces this to half. A failed attack roll does not expend the use of this ability.

Immobilize (Sp): 5 times a day as a standard action, Ugoki can Immobilize an opponent within 400 feet for 16 rounds. A successful Reflex save (DC 35) negates.

Immunities (Ex): Ugoki is immune to ability drain or damage, daze, disease, fire, electricity, exhaustion, mind-affecting spells, Nauseated, negative energy attacks, paralysis, polymorph, sickened, and stunning.

Invoke Death (Sp): Once per day Ugoki can use this ability that functions as finger of death but affects up to 5 targets. A successful Fortitude save (DC 35) negates. The save DC is Charisma-based.

Minions of Shadow (Sp): Once per day Ugoki can summon four 20-HD Greater Shadows. Treat this as a 7 level spell

Rampage (Ex): Once per encounter as a full-round action, Ugoki can make 2 slam attacks against every opponent within his reach (15 ft.).

Command Undead: As a cleric, Ugoki can use this ability 12 times a day to command undead creatures.

Regeneration (Ex): Ugoki only takes normal damage from good aligned attacks.

Resistances (Ex): Ugoki has resistances Acid, Cold and Sonic 20.

See in Darkness (Su): Ugoki can see perfectly in darkness of any kind, even that created by a deeper darkness spell.

Slam (Ex): Those who are successfully damaged by Ugoki's slam attacks are dazed for 1d4 rounds. A successful Fortitude save at DC 36 negates the effect. The save DC is strength-based.

Trample (Ex): As a standard action, Ugoki can simply run over a Large or smaller opponent. This requires no attack roll and deals 8d8+15 points of bludgeoning damage. Trample opponents can attempt a Reflex save at DC 42 for half damage. The save is Constitution-based and includes a +2 racial modifier.

Trucidation (Su): At will as a standard action, Ugoki can make a ranged touch attack (at +29) to a single target and deal 16d8+16 points of damage, gaining a like amount as healing. There is no save and the range is 100 feet.

Spells Ugoki casts divine spells as a 12th level cleric with access to the Evil and Darkness Domains. The save for any spell is 15+spell level (+1 for evil spells)
0-Detect Magic, Guidance X2, Inflict Minor Wounds, Resistance, Virtue
1st-Bane, Blood Wind, Cause Fear, Divine Power, Doom, Entropic Shield, Obscurring Mist, Shield of Faith D-Protection from Good
2nd-Bear's Endurance, Bull's Strength, Darkness, Fuse Arms, Resist Energy D-Desecrate
3rd-Bestow Curse, Dispel Magic, Inflict Serious Wounds, Nauseating Breath, Unholy Storm D-Blacklight
4th-Castigate, Divine Power, Freedom of Movement, Spell Immunity D-Armor of Darkness
5th- Doomtide, Flame Strike, Symbol of Pain, True Seeing D-Dispel Good
6th-Energy Immunity, Rejection D-Create Undead

ngilop
2013-12-05, 12:52 AM
Euryale
Size/Type: Medium Outsider
Hit Dice: 24d8+168 (276 hp)
Initiative: +3
Speed: 30ft, fly 60ft (good)
Armor Class: 33, touch 13, flat-footed 30 (+3 dex, +20 natural)
Base Attack/Grapple: +24/+34
Attack: claw +34 (4d6+15)
Full Attack: 2 claws (4d6+15), and 4 snakebites +29 (1d4+poison)
Space/Reach: 5 ft.by 5ft/5 ft.
Special Attacks: Stunning Gaze, Poison, Spell like abilities, Spells
Special Qualities: DR 15/-, Evasion, Immunities, Mettle, Resistances, SR 35, telepathy, True Seeing
Saves: Fort +21, Ref +17, Will +17
Abilities: Str 31, Dex 17, Con 25, Int 20, Wis 17, Cha 20
Skills: Balance +15, Bluff +17, Concentration +31, Diplomacy +29, Hide +27, Intimidate +35 Knowledge (The Planes and Arcane) +17, Listen +27, Move Silently, +15, Search +16, Sense Motive +21, Spell Craft +17, Spot +27, Tumble +15
Feats: Ability Focus (poison), Cleave, Combat Reflexes, Dodge, Empower Spell, Flyby Attack, Improred Critical (claws), Quicken Spell-Like Ability, Wing Over
Enviroment: The Twisting Void
Organization: Solitary and Unique
Challange Rating: 24
Treasure: Double Standard
Alignment: Neutral ( with the slightest tinge of good)

Euryale is a hideous creature. that mixes elements of a women, a snake and a vulture. She has a horried human female's head and torso, but teh body and wings of a very large vulture. her head is adorned with a writhing mass of snakes rather than hair A distinct odor surrounds her. She stands 7 feet tall witha wingspan of 15 feet.

Their are hints that her similar appearance to the Erinyes (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=247673) is proof that she is a fallen one. That is not fully true. Yes.. she did forgo her duty to justice and punishing those who escape it.. she did not fall to evil. Infact the only reason Ugoki has not came back into her lands was when she witnessed him kill defensleless children and the old spark of being an erinyes burned once again within her.. while she was unable to deal serious injury to Ugoki, She did cause him to fall back.. something that has never happened before.

Stunning Gaze (Su): Once per round as a swift Action, Euryale may turn her baleful glare upon an victim within 30 feet, That target must make a fortitude save DC 27 or be stunned for 2d4+1 rounds. Those successful are instead dazed.

Poison (EX): A successful attack form her snake hair, deals 1d6 constitution damage, with 2d6 consititution as secondary damage. Fortitude save DC 31 Negates.

Resistances (Ex:) Force and Sonic 20, Acid and Fire 40.

Immunities (Ex): Euryale is immune to Ability drain or damage, Cold, Daze, Disease, Electricity, Poison, Polymorphing, Exhaustion, mind affecting spells, and negative energy attacks, Stun, and Paralyzation.

Evasion (Ex): If Euryale makes a successful Reflex saving throw against an attack that normally deals half damage on a successful save, she instead takes no damage.

Mettle (Ex): If Euryale makes a successful Fortitue or Will saving throw against an attack that normally deals half damage or a lesser efect on a successful save, she instead takes no damage or suffers no detrimental effect from the spell.

True Seeing (Su): As the spell continuously active.

Spell-Like Abilities (Sp):

Allure: Three times per day she can use this ability, which is similar to Dominate Monster, but only lasts 24 minutes. Range is 85 feet.

Chaotic Mind: twice per day as Confusion but the target takes 12d8 damage. A successful Will save DC 27 negates the confusion and halves the game. Range is 340 feet.

Color Skew: At will as Color Spray, but the cone is 20 feet. Will save DC 27

Fear: At will as the spell DC 27. Range is a 30 foot cone.

Gasping Embrace: Once per day Euryale can deal 6d6 force damage and an additional 2d6 a round for 8 rounds thereafter to one target. A Fort save DC 27 halves the damage and negates the -6 penalty to Strenght and Dexterity. Range is 85 feet.

Greater Dispel Magic: As the spell five times per day. Range is 340 feet.

Magic Seive: Three times per day Euryal can assult the mind of a spell caster. Upon a failed Will save DC 27, the target losses 6d4 spell levels of spells. Range is 340 feet.

Shiftless Deeds: Three times per day, this ability duplicates the spell Slow, but also incurs a -6 penalty to Initiative and and addition -2 penalty to reflex saves. A successful Will save DC 27 negates the slow effect and halves teh penalties to Initiative and Reflex. Range is 85 feet.

Spells: Euryale can cast spells as if by an 18th level Beguiler. DC for spells are 27+spell level.
0- Dancing Lights, Daze, Detect Magic, Ghost Sounds, Message, Read Magic
1- Hypnotism, DIsguise Self, Mage Armor X2, Obscurring Mist, Charm Person, Silent Image, Whelm
2- Blur, Daze Monster, Hypnotic Pattern, Invisibility, Glitterdust, Mirror Image, Silence
3- Clairaudience/Clairvoyance, Displacement, Haste X2, Hesitate, Hold person, Vertigo Field
4- Charm Monster, Crushing Despair, Freedom of Movement, Greater Invisibility, Greater Mirror Image, Solid Fog X2
5- Empowered Legion of Sentinels, Feeblemind, Friend to Foe, Hold Monster, Mind Fog X2, Seeming
6- Empowered Mass Whelm, Mass Suggestion, Mislead, Repulsion, Shadow Walk, Veil
7- Mass Hold Person, Phase Door, Power Word: Blind X2, Spell Turning
8- Mind Blank, Moment of Prescience X2, Power Word: Stun, Screen
9- Foresight, Power Word: Kill, Time Stop

ngilop
2013-12-07, 04:17 PM
SO.. can I get a few thoughts on these new demon lords?

just wondeirng if i hit the right CR or not or close to it.

Debihuman
2013-12-08, 05:46 PM
I generally don't like to critique epic creatures.

First, full attacks are separated by "and" or by "or".

Second, a creature's space is only one number. You are using 3.0 facing terminology.

what class is Ugoki as it has 20 hit dice which seem to be racial and 12 hit dice which seem to be a class. At 32 hit dice, it should have 11 feats (plus whatever feats it would gain from its class). It also seems to be missing all class related abilities.

Creatures do not have slams and claws unless they extra limbs. How many limbs does it have?

Do Euryale's snakebites have any reach at all?

Magic Sieve is probably too powerful. Why 6d4 spell levels? I assume it is a temporary loss and not a permanent one. This needs to be worded a bit better. What is the range of this ability?

Most of Euryale's abilities are missing ranges.

Debby

ngilop
2013-12-14, 04:36 PM
I know im using 3.0 termonology is teh space.. but the 3.5 alwasy seemed beyond dumb to me.. a huge snake is as wide as it is long.. I would hope not.. i dislike everythng being a cube.. well except for gelatinous cubes that is

Ugoki does have 4 limbs, i did mention that in his description paragraph.

Thanks for pointing out the missing feats, and that i forgot to include command undead as his class ability.

most of Euryale's abilities mimic spells with slight differences, So there is not really a need to post range or effect as Allure is Dominate Monster but not having as long a duration. Fear is as the spell but at will. But I will post them to make it easier to understand her abilities.

The games I play tend to be if you want to rank them in "tiers" range from "tier" 5 to "tier" 3. so while I have a player sometimes who Don't know what he is capable of at all ( melee wizard withought any self buffs at all) I have never had a player play "tier' 1 or 2. And have been capable of overcoming encounters ( some through luck like whene= they went againts all warnings and went in the dire bear cave at lvl 2.. lucky max damage bow crit LOL and it was not supposed to be even fought.) they literally had to dig through rubblle blocking the one cave entrance and ignore the goblin scribblings that said "big hungry bea. do not enter!' Just want to point this out becuase I do not want you to think that i am a DM vs Player kind of DM

so when judging if the CRs are right; think of them going against a party of "tier" 3 and "tier" 4s not a bunch of divine oracle batman wizards and DMM persist clerics

i did 6d4 becuase when that ability works (which it likey only will if said caster rolls a 1) i want the spell lost to be somewhat meaningful. but I will clearify that

Debihuman
2013-12-17, 07:36 AM
Regardless of how dumb you think 3.5 rules are, you either use them correctly or don't call it 3.5. Homebrewed rules are harder to adjudicate for that reason.

I suspect you don't understand how spacing works. A snake isn't just one long creature. It can coil up or move its body back and forth which is why it takes up a 15 foot square. It isn't filling the whole square in the sense that it is square shaped, but can move to fill that square at any time. Creatures aren't static and that's what Space indicates.

This also explains why there are rules for squeezing into smaller spaces.

You still haven't explained Ugoki's hit dice. He had 2 sets of HD so one must be racial and the other class. What class is he? Does he have 20 Decmon hit dice and 12 hit dice from a class or vice versa?

Why does he cast as an 18th level beguiler if he has class hit dice.

You should use Vorpal Tribble CR estimator for figuring out CR.

Vorpal Tribble’s CR estimator

#1. Divide creature's average HP by 4.5 to 6.5.
4.5 for 5 HD or lower, 5 for 6-10 HD, 5.5 for 11-15 HD, 6 for 16-20 HD., 6.5 for 20-25 HD.

#2. Add 1 for each five points above 10 its AC is, subtracting 1 for every 5 below.

#3. Add 1 for each special attack (+2 to +5 or more if it has a decent number of spells in its spell-like abilities).

#4. Add 1 for each quality unless you deem it worthy of more. Add 1 for each resistance and 10 points of DR it has, and 2 for each immunity. Subtract 1 for each vulnerability.

#5. Add 1 for every two bonus feats it has.

#6. Divide total by 3. This should be its rough CR.

Debby

ngilop
2013-12-17, 08:00 AM
Im at a loss to explain Ugokis hit die then. Looking at the Hound Archon hero his is listed the same way. "6d8+18 plus 11d10+33 (143 hp)"

Did I mess up by putting "+" instead of "plus" so that people know Ugoki has both set of Hit Die?

I have the 20d8 for outsider and the 12d8 for cleric and beyond that.. I guess I have no idea how to write down hit die correctly. I guess I need to learn, so it would be much appreciated if you could show me how I correctly put down that he has 20 racial hit die and then 12 hit die from class levels, specifically cleric level.

Ugoki does not cast as an 18th level beguiler thats Euryale.

if You read the casting for Ugoki and Euryale youd notice a difference in the wording.

Ugoki: Ugoki casts divine spells as a 12th level cleric with access to the Evil and Darkness Domains. The save for any spell is 15+spell level (+1 for evil spells)

Euryale: Euryale can cast spells as if by an 18th level Beguiler. DC for spells are 27+spell level.

Notice that Ugoki casts spells as a 12th level cleric, while Euryale can cast as if by an 18th level beguiler.

So one of them has spell casting from a class (Ugoki) while the other casts spells like they were from a class but have no class levels (Euryale) Sort of like the Planetar casting as a 16th level cleric but not having any cleric levels or hit die.

and I guess that using a snake was a bad example for faceing, ya know since they do coil up and strike. There are going to be things that are much, much longer than they are tall and wide. But I guess something like an animated trireme thats 15 feet wide and 110 feet long stil only has cubed faceing dimensions in 3.5?

Debihuman
2013-12-17, 10:47 AM
Look again at the hound archon. The standard one has 6HD and the advanced one has 11 levels of Paladin.

Hound Archon Hero, 11th-Level Paladin

Yours should read Demon (whatever it it), X level Cleric.

Debby

ngilop
2013-12-17, 10:48 AM
I know and it says the same thing I have down for Ugoki.

so I guess I need to do plus instead of +?

thats pretty crazy if me suing the symbol makes it completely indecipherable that he does not have any class levels for not using the word, let laone it says he is a cleric later on with his spells.

Debihuman
2013-12-17, 10:50 AM
No, it should have a Name and then class listed after the name. Is Ugoki a type of demon or just its name?

Ugoki
What kind of demon it is, X level Cleric
Huge Outsider (Evil)

You shouldn't have to read all through the text to figure out what the creature is. That's why it says Archon Hero and Paladin on the same line. In fact, every creature with a class has it noted that way. Lots of classes use the same HD.

Spell-like abilities are written strangely. They should be noted with (Sp).

Abscond (Sp): blah, blah, blah.

Everything should be in alphabetical order.

How does asphyxiate work? It is an attack of some sort.

Debby

ngilop
2013-12-17, 11:08 AM
So unqiue creatures don't get special treatment?

because i thought that non of the demon lords were listed with nothing but their names?

Debihuman
2013-12-17, 11:28 AM
So unqiue creatures don't get special treatment?

because i thought that non of the demon lords were listed with nothing but their names?

The first problem I have in this that he's not demon because he isn't chaotic. Daemon or Yugoloth would be the correct term.

You can make a unique daemons. If it has a class, you should mention it in the proper line. I'm in process of rejiggering your stat block to be 3.5 standard.

Here are the issues (not in any special order):

You missed -2 size modifier to attacks.

AC should have a profane bonus not divine. Profane is evil while divine is good. You need to note which ability grants him the profane bonus or if it comes from a feat. I can't tell where it came from.

Where does the insight bonus to AC come from? Too much for me to slog through to see where he got this.

Why damage reduction 22? That is an odd for the DM to remember and makes it harder to figure in combat. I recommend changing it to 20.

If he can see in darkness, why give him blindsight and the blind-fight feat? It fits thematically but are wasted on him. It's fine if that's how you meant it to be but I thought I'd mention it.

Since he has 12 levels of cleric, you should give him the Darkness and Death domains. Darkness domain can be found in either the Forgotten Realms Campaign setting or in Book of Vile Darkness and you can find it online in the online SRD under Other Domains under Divine rules.

Also, what languages does he speak? He should have 6 and should speak Abyssal, Common and Infernal, leaving 3 more for you to decide.

There are a lot of issues with your spell-like abilities. (Sp) is how they should be identified. There are some missing ranges, how long effects last, etc. It will take me a long time to go through all of it.

Spell-like abilities work like spells. The ones you gave him should not be lumped under Spell-like abilities in the stat block since they are all named abilities. List all the abilities alphabetically in under Special Attacks or Special Qualities. Note that Rebuke Undead is considered a Special Attack.

Abscond should be based on greater teleport since it he can travel to other planes.

Asphyxiation: suffocation is non-lethal damage. See Environment. This is not based on a spell so it is Supernatural. I've reworked this ability to fit the rules for suffocation.

Cessation: There is no "disease damage." It can either inflict an actual disease or it causes damage. A set 16 rounds is too long for combat. It should be 4d4 rounds at best. Should there be a save for this? I left the information off since I'm not sure how you wanted to handle this. Note that this one should be a full-round action, whereas most of the other attacks should be standard actions.

Conjure Corpse calls a corpse it does not summon it. A calling spell transports a creature from another plane to the plane you are on while a summoning spell only summons a creature for one hour.

Enslave Death should be renamed Enslave Undead as it affects an undead creature.

Saves should be 10 + 1/2 creature's HD + ability modifier. Not all should be charisma-based so I've noted them.

Gather Shadows -- how often can this ability be used? 16 minutes is excessively long. Does the time need to be consecutive?

Why is Immobilize Extraordinary? If it is a physical attack, it should be described as such and under what circumstances could it be used. This should probably be Strength-based rather than Charisma-based. I've reworded it so that it lasts 4d4 rounds rather than a set 16, which is really too long for a given combat.

The daze that comes from Ugoki's slam attack should also be strength-based.

Truncation is way over-powered as an At Will ability. Compare this creature to other creatures with similar CR and this is definitely overpowered.

Here is the mostly corrected stat block for standard 3.5 and text that follows. If you have problems with any of it please let me know.

Ugoki, 12th level Cleric
Size/Type: Huge Outsider (Evil, Extraplanar)
Hit Dice: 20d8+280 plus 12d8+168 (592 hp)
Initiative: +0
Speed: 50 feet
Armor Class: 51 (-2 size, +4 profane, +27 natural +12 insight), touch 24, flat-footed 51
Base Attack/Grapple: +29/+47
Attack: Slam +37 melee (4d6+10)
Full Attack: 2 Slams +37 melee (4d6+10) plus daze, and 2 Claws +32 melee (1d8+5), and 2 Stomps +32 melee (4d8+10)
Space/Reach: 20 ft. /15 ft. (10 ft with claws)
Special Attacks: Asphyxiation, Cessation, Cripple, Dementing Visions, Enslave Undead, Fear Aura, Harm Touch, Immobilize, Rampage, Rebuke Undead (12), Spells, Trample (8d8+15), Trucidation
Special Qualities: Abscond, Blindsight, DR 20/-, Darkvision (90 ft.), Demon Sight, Devouring Darkness, Gather Shadows, Immunity to ability drain or damage, daze, disease, fire, electricity, exhaustion, mind-affecting spells, negative energy attacks, paralysis, polymorph, and stunning, Minions of Shadow, Resistance to Acid 20, Cold 20 and Sonic 20, Regeneration 10/Good, See in Darkness, SR 38
Saves: Fort +26, Ref +14, Will +17
Abilities: Str 31, Dex 11, Con 38, Int 23, Wis 21, Cha 28
Skills: Climb +42, Hide +20, Intimidate +29, Jump +42, Knowledge(geography, history, arcane, religion, and the planes) all +34, Listen +37, Search +26, Sense Motive +32, Spot +35.
Feats: Blessing of The GodlessExemplars of Evil, Cleave, Divine Metamagic (Quicken Spell) Complete Divine, Lightning Reflexes, Dodge, Combat Reflexes, Mobility, Quicken Spell, Spring Attack, Umbral ShroudComplete Champion, Whirlwind AttackB Power AttackB, Blind-Fight.
Environment: The Twisting Void
Organization: Solitary (Unique)
Challenge Rating: 24
Treasure: Triple Standard
Alignment: Neutral Evil

Ugoki resides in his fortress, Howlester Keep in the center of the only landmass in the demiplane known as The Twisting Void. At the center of that dark and horrific place, he broods over his growing empire, surrounded by his dread minions

He is an enormous hulking shape. Ugoki has a bulbous head with no face, no sign of any sensory organ at all (although the dread being is preternaturally sensitive). He has two muscular, oversized arms than can crush a man with a single blow, and two smaller (large size), yet still powerful clawed hands, Massive trunk-like powerful legs support the creature.

Ugoki is the master of most who live in the realm known as Charrow. Those unfortunate to dwell there seek to appease him, as they live in fear and awe of their master. He does not often venture forth from his stronghold to tread the world, except when he has need to intervene in affairs or thwart the plans of other powerful beings, with whom he is in constant competition. All but of few of these end in doom when one comes to the attention of Ugoki. Euryale is the only being he has encountered so far who rivals him...and mayhap even surpasses him in power.

As a cleric, Ugoki has access to the Darkness and Death domains. He speaks Abyssal, Common and Infernal (and 3 others).

Combat

Ugoki targets foes with his spells and special attacks before physically attacking a foe. He saves asphyxiation to use on severely weakened foes.

Abscond (Sp): Once per day Ugoki can teleport (as greater teleport) to his inner sanctum with no chance of error. This ability also activates if Ugoki ever drops below 1 hit point.

Asphyxiate (Su): Three times per day, Ugoki can deal 6d6 points of non-lethal damage to any target within 100 feet. . A successful Fortitude save ( DC 35) reduces this to half damage. Any creature that takes more non-lethal damage than it has hit points takes lethal damage instead. A target falls unconscious at 0 hit points. In the following round, the target drops to -1 hit points and is dying. In the third round, the target. suffocates. The save DC is Charisma-based.

Blindsight (Ex): Ugoki has blindsight out to 250 feet.

Cessation: Three times per day as a full round action, Ugoki can inflict up to 16 targets with 2d8 points of damage a round for 4d6 rounds. This ability has a range of 400 feet and each target must be within 30 feet of each other.

Conjure Corpse (Sp): At will as a standard action, Ugoki can call a corpse within a 1-mile radius.

Cripple (Su): Three times per day as a standard action, Ugoki can cripple a target within 100 feet. The target suffers a - 4 penalty to Strength and Dexterity, incurs a -10 Penalty to Constitution, and a - 6 penalty to AC that lasts for 1 minute. A successful Fortitude save (DC 35) halves the penalties. The save DC is Charisma-based.

Dementing Visions (Su): Three times per day as a standard action, Ugoki can assault the mind of an opponent within 400 feet. This is a mind-affecting attack that deals 16d6 points of damage and stuns an opponent for 1d4+1 round. A successful Will save (DC 35) halves the damage and negates the stun. The save DC is Charisma-based

Demonic Sight (Su): Ugoki is under the effects of permanent see invisible and arcane sight effects.

Devouring Darkness (Sp): At will as a standard action, Ugoki can use this ability which mimics the spell deeper darkness, except it has a 400 foot radius and all within the area of the spell suffer 3d10 points of damage each round. A Will save (DC 35) halves the damage.

Enslave Undead (Su): Once a day, Ugoki can control an undead creature up to 36 Hit Die. This ability is permanent though a Will save (DC 35) negates. Mindless undead are automatically enslaved. The save DC is Charisma-based.

Fear Aura (Su): This ability operates continuously within a 20-foot radius as the fear spell. A Will save (DC 35) negates the effect. A successful save renders the target immune for 24 hours. The save DC is Charisma-based.

Gather Shadows (Ex): Ugoki can gain concealment giving him a 20% miss chance against all attack. This ability last for 16 minutes.

Harm Touch (Su): Once per hour, Ugoki may make a melee touch attack (at +39) to deliver harm touch. The harm touch deals 12d6 points of damage. A successful Fortitude save at DC 35 reduces this to half. A failed attack roll does not expend the use of this ability.

Immobilize (Ex): 5 times a day as a standard action, Ugoki can Immobilize an opponent that he has successfully struck with one of physical attacks (claw, slam and stomp) for 4d4 rounds. A successful Reflex save (DC 36) negates. The save DC is Strength-based.

Immunities (Ex): Ugoki is immune to ability drain or damage, daze, disease, fire, electricity, exhaustion, mind-affecting spells, negative energy attacks, paralysis, polymorph, and stunning.

Invoke Death (Sp): Once per day Ugoki can use this ability that functions as finger of death but affects up to 5 targets. A successful Fortitude save (DC 35) negates. The save DC is Charisma-based.

Minions of Shadow (Sp): Once per day Ugoki can summon four 20-HD Greater Shadows.

Rampage (Ex): Once per encounter as a full-round action, Ugoki can make 2 slam attacks against every opponent within his reach (15 ft.).

Rebuke Undead: As a cleric, Ugoki can use this ability 12 times a day to rebuke or command undead creatures.

Regeneration (Ex): Ugoki only takes normal damage from good aligned attacks.

Resistances (Ex): Ugoki has resistances Acid, Cold and Sonic 20.

See in Darkness (Su): Ugoki can see perfectly in darkness of any kind, even that created by a deeper darkness spell.

Slam (Ex): Those who are successfully damaged by Ugoki's slam attacks are dazed for 1d4 rounds. A successful Fortitude save at DC 36 negates the effect. The save DC is strength-based.

Trample (Ex): As a full-round action, Ugoki can move at twice his normal speed and run over a Large or smaller opponent. This requires no attack roll and deals 8d8+15 points of bludgeoning damage. Trampled opponents can attempt a Reflex save at DC 42 for half damage. The save is Constitution-based and includes a +2 racial modifier.

Trucidation (Su): At will as a standard action, Ugoki can make a ranged touch attack (at +29) to a single target and deal 16d8+16 points of damage, gaining a like amount as healing. There is no save and the range is 100 feet.

Debby

P.S: I have not fully checked this yet for balance.

P.P.S: Despite all the corrections, I really like this. Plus, thematically he holds together very nicely.

Debihuman
2013-12-18, 09:11 AM
To figure out the creature's CR use this:Vorpal Tribble’s CR estimator

#1. Divide creature's average HP by 4.5 to 6.5.
4.5 for 5 HD or lower, 5 for 6-10 HD, 5.5 for 11-15 HD, 6 for 16-20 HD., 6.5 for 20-25 HD.

#2. Add 1 for each five points above 10 its AC is, subtracting 1 for every 5 below.

#3. Add 1 for each special attack (+2 to +5 or more if it has a decent number of spells in its spell-like abilities).

#4. Add 1 for each quality unless you deem it worthy of more. Add 1 for each resistance and 10 points of DR it has, and 2 for each immunity. Subtract 1 for each vulnerability.

#5. Add 1 for every two bonus feats it has.

#6. Divide total by 3. This should be its rough CR.

Debby

ngilop
2014-01-05, 02:17 AM
Ok edited Ugoki with Debi's input.

now lets see what vorpal dribble says

#1 592 divided by 6.5 equal 91

#2 91 + (1 for ever 5 above 10 AC totals +8) for 99

#3 99 + (1 per specialil ability totals +23) for 122

#4 122 + (2 per each immunit totals +30) + (1 for each resistance and DR of 10 totals +5) for 157

#5 157 + (1 for every 2 bonus feats totals +1) for 158

#6 158 divided by 3 equals 53 (rounded up)

yeah, I don't really think this si anywhere near CR 53.. i made 1 epic level character Fentor, a half copper dragon troll warblade 13 I think ( i actually forget the level id have to find the sheet) and I was just almost as tough as this guy and i was ECL 28 at the end, im sure a half optimized wizard could probably do better at lvl 20.

since he has 12 more HD than 20 i should divide it by 8 to keep in with teh correct math i think and the spcial abilities are over weighted considering the poor balor come sout to be CR 26.. I thik this is allright maybe with lower CR monsters like a troll or an orc. so lets cut the special abilities and immunities in half and ignore the bonus feats that comes out to CR 38, but still that seems a little high. maybe bump the earlier HP diving up to better pretenst a big scary dude with class levels

Im happy with my CR 24 since that what 3 Balors and im sure 3 of them could beat this guy pretty good or what can a Solar do to this guy? oh man and the solar.. his CR is 33.

dribble did good with that, but it definately falls apart at the higher (post CR 12) end of the spectrum or maybe it just weighs in on more favorable on beatstick monsters.

Debihuman
2014-01-05, 07:06 AM
I think that the Estimator breaks down at epic levels, however, your creature has a LOT of special attacks

The DCs for a solar are no higher than 24, where yours will be much higher in the 36 range and your monster has special attacks that can cause massive damage and it can control 36 HD of undead.

There is no way this critter is CR 24. It is definitely higher than that. A solar would not be able to take it.

AC 51 is the main issue. It's harm touch does 12d6 points of damage (78 points on average which incurs the death from massive damage rule).

There is no way this isn't more powerful. It is far more powerful than the lavawright.

I'd really like someone with better grasp of epic rules to look at this because I tend to be rather conservative.

Debby