PDA

View Full Version : youtube on the tablet: tech issue

dehro
2013-12-10, 03:23 AM
yeah..so.. I've set youtube on my nokia xperia tablet to work as the regular website, not the mobile version (I dislike most mobile versions of any website).
I don't think this has any bearing on the issue I'm experiencing, but I thought I mention it, because.. what do I know?
the issue in question being that, quite randomly, on occasion the tablet decides that it dislikes specific videos and slows down their sound to the point where what you get is the same sound you used to get from old walkmans (walkmen?), when the batteries were running out of juice.
the videos do seem to be selected randomly, as other videos from the same uploader don't do this, and the same videos played on my computer work perfectly fine.
at least it is a consistent problem. it's not like if I go back to the video a few days later it suddenly works fine.
this affects only the sound, as videos works just fine and at the speed they're supposed to run at.

has anyone got a clue about what's happening? is there a fix for this?

bluewind95
2013-12-13, 04:23 PM
Could those specific videos, for some reason, be big and all and may be straining the tablet's memory and CPU power?

dehro
2013-12-13, 08:59 PM
Could those specific videos, for some reason, be big and all and may be straining the tablet's memory and CPU power?
I doubt it. Some videos that do work include hours long Google Hangouts and complete wuxia films