PDA

View Full Version : Noble Races (Samaran and Ghoran)

DwarfInTheFlask
2013-12-21, 02:26 PM
Ok so I wanted to make a Noble version of the Samsaran, most likely it would go by a different name but similar to the Noble Drow.

http://www.d20pfsrd.com/races/other-races/uncommon-races/arg-samsaran

So could someone help me make this similar at least in some way to.
http://www.d20pfsrd.com/bestiary/monster-listings/humanoids/drow-common/drow-noble

I know they have things like Feather Fall and Levitate as well as the darkness and so forth. What would go well with the Spell-like abilities they have.

I wanna make this into a more Doctor Who feel of character.

I mean check out this race they have a cool regeneration thing.
http://www.d20pfsrd.com/bestiary/monster-listings/plants/ghoran
Ghorus Seed ability.

And of course could we do one for the Ghoran race, both of these have very cool aspects.

DwarfInTheFlask
2013-12-21, 03:22 PM
Here where my two ideas.
Noble Ghoran
Spell Like Abilities
Constant: Detect Poison: Speak to Plants
At Will: Goodberry; Purify Food and Drink: Tree Shape: Greensight; Detect Plants and Animals (Plants Only)
3/day: Wood Shape; Command Plants

Ability Score:
+4 Constitution, +4 Wisdom, +4 Charisma, +2 Dexterity, -4 Intelligence, +2 Strength

Plant Type

Ghorus Seed:
As a full-round action, a ghoran can expel its ghorus seed from an orifice in its abdomen. If planted in fertile ground and left undisturbed for 2d6 days, the seed grows into a healthy duplicate of the original ghoran, save that the duplicate may reallocate all of its skill ranks upon sprouting. Once a ghoran expels its seed, it gains 1 negative level, and it dies as soon as its duplicate sprouts. This duplicate replaces the previous ghoran character.

Past-Life Knowledge: Ghorans remember memories encoded in their ghorus seed. They treat all Knowledge skills as class skills.

Natural Armor: Ghorans have tough, rugged skin, granting them a +2 natural armor bonus.

Weaknesses:
Delicious: Ghorans take a –2 penalty on Escape Artist and combat maneuver checks made to escape a grapple against any creature that has a bite attack with the grab ability.

Light Dependent: Ghorans take 1d4 points of Constitution damage each day they go without exposure to sunlight.

And

Noble Samsaran
Ability: +4 Intelligence, +4 Wisdom, +2 Charisma, -4 Constitution
Spell-Like Abilities:
Constant: Comprehend Languages; Share Language
At-Will: Deathwatch; Stabilize
3/Day: Know Direction; Know the Enemy
1/Day: Enthrall

Lifebound (Ex): Samsarans gain a +2 racial bonus on all saving throws made to resist death effects, saving throws against negative energy effects, Fortitude saves made to remove negative levels,
and Constitution checks made to stabilize if reduced to negative hit points.

Low-Light Vision: Samsarans can see twice as far as humans in conditions of dim light.

Mystic Past Life (Su) You can add spells from another spellcasting class to the spell list of your current spellcasting class. You add a number of spells equal to 1 + your spellcasting class's key ability score bonus
(Wisdom for clerics, and so on). The spells must be the same type (arcane or divine) as the spellcasting class you're adding them to. For example, you could add divine power to your druid class spell list,
but not to your wizard class spell list because divine power is a divine spell. These spells do not have to be spells you can cast as a 1st-level character. The number of spells granted by this ability is set at 1st level.
Changes to your ability score do not change the number of spells gained. This racial trait replaces shards of the past.

Though I would like to see the Samsaran get a Regeneration Doctor Who style ability but I have no idea how to work it.

DwarfInTheFlask
2013-12-21, 07:33 PM
Maybe this for the regeneration ability

Mystic Regeneration (Su) If the Samsaran spends more then 1d4 rounds at negative hit points (-1 HP) when the Samsaran regains hit points to enter into positive hit points the Samsaran must reroll: gender, height, weight, eye color, hair color, traits, and skill points.

I also considered making the Samsaran reroll Ability Scores or forcing an ability score shuffle in a manner close to that of the doctor who style.

Also considered this redo of the Ghorus
Spell-Like Abilities:
Constant: Detect Poison, Detect Animals and Plants (Plants Only)
At-Will: Goodberry, Purify Food and Drink, Speak to Plants, Greensight
3/Day: Tree Shape, Wood Shape, Command Plants, Wildnerness Soldiers
1/Day: Tree Stride

Type Plant: Ghorans have the plant type.

Ability Modifiers:
+4 Con, +4 Cha, +2 Wis, -2 Strength, +2 Dex, -2 Int

Ghorus Seed: As a full-round action, a ghoran can expel its ghorus seed from an orifice in its abdomen. If planted in fertile ground and left undisturbed for 2d6 days, the seed grows into a healthy duplicate of the original ghoran, save that the duplicate may reallocate all of its skill ranks upon sprouting. Once a ghoran expels its seed, it gains 1 negative level, and it dies as soon as its duplicate sprouts. This duplicate replaces the previous ghoran character.

Natural Armor: Ghorans have tough, rugged skin, granting them a +2 natural armor bonus.

Past-Life Knowledge: Ghorans remember memories encoded in their ghorus seed. They treat all Knowledge skills as class skills.

Bond to Nature: Ghorans still retain their innate connection to the wilds and thus carry a +2 unnamed bonus to Knowledge Nature checks.

Delicious: Ghorans take a –2 penalty on Escape Artist and combat maneuver checks made to escape a grapple against any creature that has a bite attack with the grab ability.

Light Dependent: Ghorans take 1d6 points of Constitution damage each day they go without exposure to sunlight.

UmpteenthDoctor
2013-12-22, 02:08 PM
All of these are easily CR 1 if not CR 2.

Of course a -4 to Con is pretty heavy and if you rule it like Drow Nobles which some say you add the Drows ability scores as well its -6 Con which does a lot to even out its weaker spell like abilities.