PDA

View Full Version : Zodiac, New Cosmology, help me design monsters

CowardlyPaladin
2013-12-22, 09:10 PM
I'm currently playing a game set in a sort of fantasy Chinese Empire, and instead of using the AL system, the main power that governs the world is the Celestial Bureaucracy, a massive heavenly system which tries to vainly keep the world structured, cataloged, and controlled. Weather, souls, plants, animals, monsters, morality, karma, reincarnation, afterlives, magic, and god all fall under this system. The only thing that are partly except are mortals, who have free will, which causes lots and lots of paper work. The Bureaucracy tries their best to keep mortals from causing too much chaos in the system and have department that measure and catalogue the actions of every single mortal. Their are 12 "official Zodiacs" and a 13 the Cat which focuses exclusively on mortals. Every player has a single Zodiac which plays the role of AL (not based upon birth). The creatures who govern the Zodiacs don't directly fight each other, but they are all rivals and you have all of hte corruption, infighting, and ineptitude you might expect in a real Bureaucracy. Within the system itself.

http://senn.cocoloni.com/chinese-zodiac/characteristics/

http://www.essortment.com/personality-traits-chinese-zodiac-calendar-36349.html

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chinese_zodiacDragon- Leadership of the Zodiacs, they deal with organization, advising political leaders, and weather

Monkey- Hidden PLans, they deal with animals, humor, and luck

Rat- the masters of improve, they handle trade, love, and fixing the existing problems

Ox- Slow and steady, they handle Plants, growth, and agriculture

Snake- The overseers, they try to make sure that everybody else is doing their job

Pig- Relationships, they handle food, tribute, parties, and friendship

Rooster- Being awesome, they handle artist, natural leadership, and all forms of inspiration

Rabbit- Teaching, they handle learning, scholar ship, and the Mandate of Heaven

Sheep- Calmness, they handle meditation, karma, and enlightenment

Tiger- Protection and elitism. They handle warfare and its aftermath

Dog- Loyalty. They handle dues, respect, the afterlife, and protecting the system from demons (who in my world are just the antithesis of the Zodiac)

Horses- Popularity and social effects, they handle traveling, independence, and group mentality

Cat- Mortals. Resentful and introverted, they handle rebels and the anti social.

Essentially what I want are for the creative people of the PLayground is help designing monsters for the 13 Zodiacs. Here are the requirements.

1) I want a range of monsters in each category from the lowest to the Highest CR. LIke not one for each CR but a nice range like demons have in the monster manuals

2) Every one of these creations always has to be each Zodiac, but within each zodaic you can have good and evil creatures. A dragon Zodiac might be kind and begin or a ruthless tyrant. Name what role in maintaining the universe each creature holds.

3) Pictures would be much appreciated.

Thanks so much. I really look forward to any ideas you guys have. Be creative, I don't just want fantasized version of the various animals, I'm really curious to see what people can come up with.