PDA

View Full Version : Funniest Homebrew Ever

GuesssWho
2013-12-23, 04:34 AM
I just found an attempt at making a Far Realm race by one Foxwarrior that did the most honest job I've ever seen, due to some delightful comments which I will quote here to save valuable clicking time.

Personality: Eldritch horrors tend to possess emotional states not known to humanoids. These emotional states are often also not known to other eldritch horrors.

Alignment: Any individual eldritch horror usually has a tendency towards some alignment.

Religion: Some eldritch horrors experience emotions vaguely resembling joy when they suck up to more powerful entities.

Language: Eldritch horrors are formed with knowledge of a language. It's not consistent which one, though.

Names: Eldritch horrors tend to name theirselves after their favorite activities or goals.

Example Names: He Who Conquers All, Speaker of Forgotten Mysteries, Servant of Joe, Weaver of Baskets, Seller of Fine Potions, The Deepwater Sadist, Poisoner of Halflings

AuraTwilight
2013-12-23, 04:37 AM
You couldn't link to the homebrew itself for the rest of us?

That being said, the quoted part isn't all that funny, considering what he's trying to capture. There's not much one can do beyond being very vague and catch-all about it.

Is there a point to this or are we just bullying someone behind their back?

GuesssWho
2013-12-23, 04:56 AM
Bullying? I liked it, that's why I posted it.

And the link is here (http://dnd-wiki.org/wiki/Eldritch_Horror_(3.5e_Race)).

Just to Browse
2013-12-23, 07:00 AM
I love Foxwarrior's work. But I think you've missed the funniest part of that race. It's in Whispers of Madness, emphasis mine:

Whispers of Madness (Sp): As a full-round action, the eldritch horror can whisper into the ears of an adjacent helpless creature. Unless that creature succeeds on a Will save (DC 10 + character level + Charisma modifier), it is permanently confused. This confusion can be cured by death.It kind of makes sense that dying while under the influence of the far realm's clutches could free you from your madness, but his choice of words is just perfect.

I can also imagine certain impatient adventurers might have interesting ways of dealing with their problems:
Fighter: "Oh he's gone insane again, we'll need a way to break the curse."
Cleric: "Well I didn't prepare break enchantment, but I do have 5,000 gold worth of diamond dust and raise dead."
<Fighter draws his sword>

Zale
2013-12-23, 07:25 AM
It's amusing, but it could be funnier.

The UNSPEAKABLE ABOMINATION class for them seems interesting. (http://dnd-wiki.org/wiki/Eldritch_Horror,_Unspeakable_Abomination_Path_%283 .5e_Racial_Paragon_Class%29)

It reminds me a bit of Ozodrin.

GuesssWho
2013-12-23, 05:33 PM
snip

LOL yeah. And the fact that he has to specify . . .

Realms of Chaos
2013-12-24, 02:21 PM
I for one love how your starting age could easily exceed your maximum age (especially if playing something complicated like a wizard). Not too many games where you can leave character creation already deceased.

GuesssWho
2013-12-24, 05:24 PM
I imagine that's not much of a problem. Just look at Cthulhu!