PDA

View Full Version : Wanderers cane [weapon]

YPU
2007-01-20, 10:26 AM
Martial weapon:
Wanderers cane
1d8/1d6 20/x2

The wanderers cane is the favored weapon of the wanderers, a loose group of rangers. The cane is much like a improved quarterstaff, designed for travel combat and general tool. The canes design grants the typical trip bonus. (don’t feel like looking it up right now)

a special weapon for a campaign im writing, instead of going big i am trying to keep everything verry local, especialy in the begining. the campaign will only stretch to 3 to 6 towns, this weapon is the signature of the wanderers. a group of rangers. i will have a feat that go's with it.

jjpickar
2007-01-20, 05:40 PM
Hmmmm I think it needs something...ah! What does it look like?

YPU
2007-01-20, 05:50 PM
i am afraid i am still pondering on that. probably a reinforced quarterstaff with a wooden hook on the top. The hook commonly is fashioned like a beasts head, probably the rangers animal companion.

sigurd
2007-01-22, 07:25 AM
If it's as concrete as a weapon type you may want to sit down and sketch it. In combat everyone will want to visualize how its used to determine if the attack is plausible.

I'd stay away from starting with the theme elements "head of the rangers animal companion" is it a hooked staff? After the use of the item a character can invest some money in making it pretty - he may not want to advertise he is a ranger however....

Sigurd

YPU
2007-01-22, 09:44 AM
I will sketch it soon enough, it just feels like I’m missing something, I don’t have a real good explanation for the improved damage. But in feel it is indeed a hooked staff. It will probably become an exotic weapons whose proficiency can be gained when taking the feat that indicates membership of the wanderers, a bit like the eberron feat that allows you to insert requests with the house, that at the same time functions as the proficiency feat for this weapon.