PDA

View Full Version : New Races[PEACH]

Jakodee
2014-01-08, 10:26 PM
I will be posting a couple of races to fit in stereotypical roles.
If you have ideas for a race do tell.
•Brute
•Thief
•Caster
•Supporter
•I may add more at your suggestion.

Brute:

TROW:
Many a bard or storyteller has told tales of the trow to scare children, saying if they are not careful a trow will carry them of in their sleep. The reality of these creatures isn't much better than the stories. The trow ,also known as the dark alf, is a creature of the underground. Legend says they are the counterpart to the light alf, with the light alf being created from a butterfly and the dark from a maggot. Where ever they came from, the trow have a taste for flesh. They often raid villages by burrowing under them and pulling people down to be devoured. Trow often live in caves, which suit their sensitivity to light, but have been known to move into tombs. Trow adventurers are usually those who are intelligent enough to relies they can cause more destruction on the overworld or those who are unstasified with their barbaric lifestyle.

Type: Monsterous Humanoid
+2 dex +2 str -2cha
Trow are strong and quick but are ugly and hated for their cruelty.
Vulnerability to fire 10
Light sensitivity
Two 1d4 claw attacks
30' burrow speed
Darkvision 60'
Trow are able to attack with their claws while burrowing but the recipitant is granted an attack of opportunity with a -4 to hit.
Alignment: Generaly neutral evil.

THIEF:
CASTER:
SUPPORTER:

Kazyan
2014-01-08, 10:32 PM
Spell out what "Vulnerability to fire 10" means, exactly--its is +50% fire damage, +10 fire damage form fire sources, or what? I'm also a little bit wary of the race having a net +2 to ability scores with the -2 being to a score melee characters don't care about, two natural attacks, and an exotic movement mode, but drawbacks mitigate that some...kinda sorta.

If you're going to make a race, why not add a bit more fluff, so we know what we're looking at? I don't know what a Trow actually looks like. Is it like a troglodyte/drow crossbreed?

EDIT: Oh, and is this 3.5, Pathfinder, or 4e? That may change my evaluation of the race's abilities.

Passive Pete
2014-01-08, 10:34 PM
Ooo. This "trow" sounds interesting! I'd love to see fluff and a description on it! Why the light sensitivity? Do they live underground? Why are they known for their cruelty? What do they do?

Now, to recommend something. Maybe for the "thief" category. Imagine a halfling, but with some elf stuff thrown in. Let them grow facial hair, like long beards. I'm imagining a mix of a halfling, elf, and gnome.

Jakodee
2014-01-08, 11:20 PM
[QUOTE=Jakodee;16753306]I will be posting a couple of races to fit in stereotypical roles.
If you have ideas for a race do tell.
•Brute
•Thief
•Caster
•Supporter
•I may add more at your suggestion.

Brute:

TROW:
Type: Monsterous Humanoid
+2 dex +2 str -2cha
Trow are strong and quick but are ugly and hated for their cruelty.
Vulnerability to fire 10
Light sensitivity
Two 1d4 claw attacks
30' burrow speed
Darkvision 60'
Trow are able to attack with their claws while burrowing but the recipitant is granted an attack of opportunity with a -4 to hit.
Alignment: Generaly neutral evil
THIEF:
CASTER:
SUPPORTER: