PDA

View Full Version : Calming Pie (Item)

Iituem
2007-01-22, 03:36 AM
This is for all the GG fans out there.

Calming Pie: On a successful ranged touch attack, the target immediately ceases all attacks and becomes immune to all negative emotions (including fear and rage, as both the spell and barbarian ability) for 1d4+1 rounds. Any fear or rage effects are immediately cancelled with no negative effects (although barbarian rages for the day are still used up) and cannot be initiated for the duration of the effect. The target becomes unable to initiate combat, although it can still defend itself and continue doing so, as well as taking any other actions that do not initiate any form of combat. Will save negates (DC 15).
Market Price: 150gp. Creation: Profession (baking) check against DC 20, uses up 50gp in raw materials (largely butter and nutmeg). Takes 1 day to bake.

icke
2007-01-22, 08:57 AM
Put in a DC 15 Will save that negates the effect. For balances' sake.

Indon
2007-01-22, 11:53 AM
I think someone should still be able to initiate combat, say, to save a friend or something.

And 50 GP of largely butter is a whole freaking lot. Not a balance issue, but seriously, that's like a butter mountain.

I like it, though. "Astonishingly, still calm."

cferejohn
2007-01-22, 01:09 PM
Put in a DC 15 Will save that negates the effect. For balances' sake.

Ranged touch + a saving throw is pretty unusual. How about ranged touch and allow a save to initiate combat in the event that a friend is threatened or something like that...

cferejohn
2007-01-22, 01:11 PM
And 50 GP of largely butter is a whole freaking lot. Not a balance issue, but seriously, that's like a butter mountain.

Most of this cost would probably be nutmeg. Spices can be very expensive in a medieval economy...

Yuki Akuma
2007-01-22, 02:42 PM
What happens if you eat it?

WampaX
2007-01-22, 02:47 PM
What happens if you eat it?
It would probably taste like a pie.

Its a "use activated" item and the "use" is a "pie to face" interaction.
:smallamused:

Indon
2007-01-22, 03:27 PM
Most of this cost would probably be nutmeg. Spices can be very expensive in a medieval economy...

But the recipe calls for more butter, and less nutmeg!

I guess that might still be a significant amount of nutmeg, though.

Wizard_Tom
2007-01-22, 05:02 PM
Well if you eat it, it should do this.

One day after eatting the pie, make a Fort save DC 15 or die from a heart attack for consuming that much butter.

icke
2007-01-23, 06:59 AM
Ranged touch + a saving throw is pretty unusual. How about ranged touch and allow a save to initiate combat in the event that a friend is threatened or something like that...

Yes, attack and save both is unusual, but if You want to dictate the action of a character You should allow that character to do something against it. For the player, that means a save. The ranged touch attack is just in place because the means over which You want the effect to be transported is... rather unusual.

Iituem
2007-01-23, 12:19 PM
Yep, 50gp is a whole lotta butter and nutmeg (though more butter, less nutmeg), but don't forget the pastry base. Speaking of bases, I'm using a 1st level spell base for the value. This particular effect seem in line for 1st level?

bosssmiley
2007-01-23, 03:36 PM
S'good. Needs more Dingbots.

icke
2007-01-24, 09:26 AM
Yep, 50gp is a whole lotta butter and nutmeg (though more butter, less nutmeg), but don't forget the pastry base. Speaking of bases, I'm using a 1st level spell base for the value. This particular effect seem in line for 1st level?

It is basically a Calm Emotions effect, a level two spell for bards and clerics. So it sums up to 50gp x spell level 2 x caster level 3+, at least 150 gp. The costs for nutmeg and butter are negligible and therefore already included.