PDA

View Full Version : New PF 5lvl pre

Akolbi
2014-01-20, 01:14 AM
This is my first attempt at designing any sort of class, so i'd appreciate it if people were willing to review it.

This class is made to serve as captains of the watch in a capital city ruled by a council of liches, as such, the actual guards are undead.

I was looking for a way to make the guards able to leave the undead at work, instead of having power over them after-hours, as a city ruled by high level casters is bound to be a little paranoid on security.

PRE class---Undead watch commander 5lvl class

good saves fort, will

Requires
Feats- Command undead, undead master
Special- Clerics who take this class must have the death and War domains. Can only be taken if trained in the city guard of a city using this system.

BAB ¾
spellcasting- +1 in existing class at levels 1,3,5
hit die D8

special, this class counts as the cleric class for the purpose of domain powers, and the command undead feat.

LVL1
casting+1
- temporary release- Can release commanded, mindless undead with an opposed charisma check. Releasing undead in this way causes them to remain docile until commanded again.

LVL2

LVL3
casting+1
Temporary release can be used without a charisma check on mindless undead

LVL4
Gain the command undead spell as a lvl 3 spell, if it is not on your class list, else gain Desecrate as a lvl 3 spell

LVL5
casting+1
- temporary release can be used on intelligent undead with an opposed charisma check at a -2, this ability lasts for 24 hours, at which point the undead may make a DC15 will save every hour, with the DC decreasing by 2 every attempt

Amnoriath
2014-01-20, 06:06 PM
PRE class---Undead watch commander 5lvl class

good saves fort, will

Requires
Feats- Command undead, undead master
Special- Clerics who take this class must have the death and War domains. Can only be taken if trained in the city guard of a city using this system.

BAB ¾
spellcasting- +1 in existing class at levels 1,3,5
hit die D8

special, this class counts as the cleric class for the purpose of domain powers, and the command undead feat.

LVL1
casting+1
- temporary release- Can release commanded, mindless undead with an opposed charisma check. Releasing undead in this way causes them to remain docile until commanded again.

LVL2

LVL3
casting+1
Temporary release can be used without a charisma check on mindless undead

LVL4
Gain the command undead spell as a lvl 3 spell, if it is not on your class list, else gain Desecrate as a lvl 3 spell

LVL5
casting+1
- temporary release can be used on intelligent undead with an opposed charisma check at a -2, this ability lasts for 24 hours, at which point the undead may make a DC15 will save every hour, with the DC decreasing by 2 every attempt

Many people will tell you don't have a chart but I will give this a critique as it really seems like you need this in some campaign.
1. Prerequisites, you actually need 3 feats(Spell Focus Necromancy). It also means only a cleric can enter but this seems to be rather war oriented so you should consider letting paladins enter. Consider having Knowledge(religion), and Knowledge(nobility) prerequisites.
2. Temporary release, what does it exactly do? If it means that once you release them they won't hurt you but won't listen to you all that does is allow you to walk away. I don't think that is very helpful to your theme as this character seems to be sedentary and a commander not a vagabond looking for other undead.
3. Level 2 is a dead level and desecrate is a level 2 spell. Also your capstone isn't very thrilling as they seem to be entitled a very low static will save right after you would win an lowered opposed charisma check in which intelligent undead are incentivised to have high charisma.
In general this character needs to have a specialty otherwise you are just losing spells. I would say after successfully releasing them they are considered helpful and still understand you but as such don't take dire risks or suicidal orders to help you. I would just have Control Undead as a feat and give Undead Mastery as a bonus feat ignoring the tax but increase hit die controlled even more. Finally consider giving them the Cavalier teamwork feat mechanic, increasing their vitals, and allow some form of sentience in mindless undead to understand complex orders as well as diversify war strategy.

P.S. This is how you make a table.
{table=head]Level|BAB|Fort|Ref|Will|Special

1st|+1|+2|+0|+2|
2nd|+2|+3|+0|+3|

3rd|+3|+3|+1|+3|[/table]