PDA

View Full Version : Mr Scruffy (Spoiler?)

Charity322
2007-01-24, 03:59 PM
Who thinks that Mr Scruffy should abandon Shojo and become Belkar's animal companion? :smallbiggrin:

teratorn
2007-01-24, 04:15 PM
You forgot the spoiler tag! After this last strip I believe the Giant could even pull something like this.

Who thinks that Mr Scruffy should abandon Shojo and become Belkar's animal companion? :smallbiggrin:
Mr Scruffy would turn into Mr Evil kitty. It would only work if Belkar had someone to do the "paladin tasks" on what comes out from the cat's butt.

Charity322
2007-01-24, 04:34 PM
Didn't think it was much of a spoiler but have added tag.

I wonder, if Mr Scruffy did join Belkar, would he and Blackwing continue V and Belkar's feud? :smalltongue:

Jewel Thief
2007-01-24, 04:36 PM
Though that was an interesting interaction there between Belkar and the cat, I don't think much will come of it.

Charity322
2007-01-24, 04:38 PM
Though that was an interesting interaction there between Belkar and the cat, I don't think much will come of it.

It isn't the first time though. He was playing with Mr Scruffy and a ball of wool several strips ago.

ubersquid
2007-01-24, 04:40 PM
It isn't the first time though. He was playing with Mr Scruffy and a ball of wool several strips ago.

meh... too slow
http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0379.html

but first post anyway

PirateMonk
2007-01-24, 06:57 PM
As I said in my Ideas too Absurd to be Considered spoilers thread, Hinjo is the Shadowdancer, will kill Shojo, and turn up later with Mr. Scruffy as his guide. They can then launch the spin-off, Mr. Scruffy: Cat of Destiny.

Charity322
2007-01-26, 05:19 PM
Well now it looks like Mr Scruffy just lost his master :smalleek:, so maybe he will join Belkar. Belkar wouldn't even have to steal him from Shojo anymore.

TreesOfDeath
2007-01-26, 05:36 PM
Not impossiable, but kind of out there and a bit too wierd

MReav
2007-01-26, 05:47 PM
Well, there goes my Mr. Scruffy is a shapechanged Gold/Silver dragon.

Green Bean
2007-01-26, 07:06 PM
I am repeating what I heard in another thread, but Mr. Scruffy is secretly an all powerful cat god. Belkar would end up as Mr. Scruffy's humanoid companion :smallbiggrin:

Om
2007-01-26, 07:08 PM
He'll find refuge in Roy's bag of little furry animals. Or whatever underwhelming name it goes.

Sewer_Bandito
2007-01-26, 07:09 PM
Mr.Scruffy is totally ganna turn into a dire kitten and maul off Miko's face.

Copacetic
2007-01-26, 07:43 PM
Mr,Scruffy will become belkar's animal companion only in his own intrestests and steal their loot while their looking the other way. Then with the money he founds a cat psion college and takes over the world with a army of cat psions

The Extinguisher
2007-01-26, 07:48 PM
Mr. Scruffy is actually Cat, one of the gods of the South.

But he likes the way Belkar does buisness so he'll end up following him.

Bella Delacroix
2007-01-26, 08:51 PM
I think mr. Scruffy is something more than a mere cat... But if he has to be Belkar's companion, that's nice. Every "villain" looks charmy when caressing a cat on his lap =D

Balesirion
2007-01-26, 09:11 PM
The idea just occured to me that Mr. Scruffy is actually Lirian wild shaped. That is something I would like to see.

Mad Scientist
2007-01-26, 09:48 PM
Poor Mr. Scruffy is now an orphan kitty :smallfrown:
I hope someone in the oots takes care of him. I think that he can be Belkar's animal companion and live in Roy's bag of tricks with the other critters. That way he can appear when dramatically appropriate.

sith_243
2007-01-26, 10:10 PM
I think O-Chul will attempt to Harm Mr. Scruffy, He always was a Scruffy hater you know... Since he was on Poo duty...

Hephaestus
2007-01-26, 10:19 PM
Well now it looks like Mr Scruffy just lost his master :smalleek:, so maybe he will join Belkar. Belkar wouldn't even have to steal him from Shojo anymore.
That's exactly why Belkar wouldn't make him an animal companion. He would like/want the Cat just because he got to steal him. Although... With a giant battle just beyond the horizon, I can see belkar stabbing some undead and hobgoblins and Mr. Scruffy running in and joining him in the stab fest, that would probably convince Belkar to keep him around.

Cleverdan22
2007-01-26, 10:22 PM
I hope so. That would rock. Belkar has shown certain interest in Mr. Scruffy, and vice versa.

mikeejimbo
2007-01-26, 11:33 PM

Or he IS, but for some reason unbeknownst to us, he had to let events come to pass.

The idea just occured to me that Mr. Scruffy is actually Lirian wild shaped. That is something I would like to see.

Hot.

Raistlin1040
2007-01-26, 11:39 PM
Mr.Scruffy is totally ganna turn into a dire kitten and maul off Miko's face.
1000 times YES!

The Familiar
2007-01-27, 03:16 AM
That's exactly why Belkar wouldn't make him an animal companion. He would like/want the Cat just because he got to steal him. Although... With a giant battle just beyond the horizon, I can see belkar stabbing some undead and hobgoblins and Mr. Scruffy running in and joining him in the stab fest, that would probably convince Belkar to keep him around.

Belkar did admire Shojo though for having Paladins do kitty litter detail though, and while the little guy may be wicked, it doesn't prevent him from having a sentimental bone in his body. It would also fit within Vaarsuvius' Theory (http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0335.html) as well, so I don't think Mr. Scruffy would have to go 'killer kitty' to find a guardian in Belkar.

There's no law that says a Ranger has to make every animal that crosses his/her path an animal companion. Belkar would have a better chance of claiming Mr. Scruffy means nothing to him if the cat wasn't his companion.
Because I don't think he'd actually admit to liking the kitty; it would open him up to potential ridicule (surely he'd be merciless to any party member but Haley who suddenly acquired a koot 'iddow kitty-witty).
Then again, he could surprise me and formally adopt Mr. Scruffy... just to harass Blackwing and vex Vaarsuvius. :smalltongue:

Angela Christine
2007-01-27, 03:23 AM
It would only work if Belkar had someone to do the "paladin tasks" on what comes out from the cat's butt.

Belkar is Chaotic Evil and has no fixed addressed, why would he care what happens to the stuff that comes out of the cat's butt? It's not like the cat would be leaving a mess on his carpet, because Belkar has no carpet. Given that he thinks decapitated heads make good hats, he'd probably enjoy leaving cat turds everywhere.

Of all the people who have been nominated for joining the OotS, Mr. Scruffy is my favorite.

Sesquedoodle
2007-01-27, 03:24 AM

I almost squealed at that. That would be a totally amazing theory if it were true, and it would probably work.

Then I remembered that there's no Cat in the chinese zodiac. Then I felt sad. :smallfrown:

:smalltongue:

Setra
2007-01-27, 03:26 AM
I almost squealed at that. That would be a totally amazing theory if it were true, and it would probably work.

Then I remembered that there's no Cat in the chinese zodiac. Then I felt sad. :smallfrown:

:smalltongue:

Fruits Basket.

Charity322
2007-01-27, 05:32 AM
There's Tiger isn't there?

Oh and I'd love to see Mr Scruffy vs Blackwing hehe.

Hart av Srednak
2007-01-27, 05:58 AM
Congratulations everyone
we have currently 25 pages in last episode thread and two threads speculating about Mr Scruffys identity and plans (this and Something I noticed) :smalltongue:

Who hasn't read that should do it right away..

BTW this is my crazyness:

I know that this sounds very stupid but if this is what Giant is doing I'm going to give him my full, total and popal respect (one that don't wear off no matter what he will do afterwards):

Here's a really weird thought...what if Mr. Scruffy is actually the gate?
It's been done before:
Galaxy is in orions belt.. and thing might just be that nobody besides Shojo knew where exact location of gate was.. Xykon will be quite pissed of cause he sent Miko to Azure for sake of gate.. He has that widescreen c-ball now

Penguinizer
2007-01-27, 06:06 AM

But he likes the way Belkar does buisness so he'll end up following him.
Hes Cats, and will take over the world A.D. 2101.

ibitak84
2007-01-27, 06:48 AM
I'm usually not a friend of shape-changed dragons, but I have to admit I'd like this one to be true, just because the surely-ensueing fight of this metal-dragon vs. Xykon's undead-dragon would look nice in the comic.

Green Bean
2007-01-27, 08:57 AM
No, the truth is Mr. Scruffy is a Space Cat!!!!! (http://www.giantitp.com/Images/fanart/ootslate1.gif)

Copacetic
2007-01-27, 09:08 AM
Mr.scruffy is infact a tiger(from the zodiac) brother and was banished from the heavans to serve shojo. Now that he died, Scruffy will return to his proper shape and help rule the universe as the 13th god

blackout
2007-01-27, 09:19 AM
Mr. Scruffy will suddenly start saying All Your Base Are Belong To Us, and Belker will keep him around for that. :)

baerdith
2007-01-28, 11:03 PM
Scruffy will become Belkar's companion, and he will use his wisdom to make Belkar a better character. :smallbiggrin: