PDA

View Full Version : [D&D 3.5 PrC] True Blasphemist [Binding and Xenotheurgy Theurge] [PEACH]

Xuldarinar
2014-01-24, 02:50 PM
{Work in Progress}
TRUE BLASPHEMIST
"Your patrons. Your pitiful gods. They cower before that which they do not understand. I know the powers in which I deal, and you shall too soon enough."

ENTRY REQUIREMENTS
Skills: Knowledge (the planes) 8
Special: Ability to bind a 2nd-level vestige
Special: Subverted Insanity Class Feature

Table 1-1: The True Blasphemist--Hit Die: D6
{table=head]Level|Base Attack Bonus|Fort Save|Ref Save|Will Save|Special
1st|+0|+0|+0|+2|Soul binding +1, Xenotheurgy +1
2nd|+1|+0|+0|+3|Soul binding +2, Xenotheurgy +2
3rd|+2|+1|+1|+3|Soul binding +3, Xenotheurgy +3
4th|+3|+1|+1|+4|Soul binding +4, Xenotheurgy +4
5th|+3|+1|+1|+4|Soul binding +5, Xenotheurgy +5
6th|+4|+2|+2|+5|Soul binding +6, Xenotheurgy +6
7th|+5|+2|+2|+5|Soul binding +7, Xenotheurgy +7
8th|+6|+2|+2|+6|Soul binding +8, Xenotheurgy +8
9th|+6|+3|+3|+6|Soul binding +9, Xenotheurgy +9
10th|+7|+3|+3|+7|Soul binding +10, Xenotheurgy +10 [/table]
Class Skills (2 + Int modifier per level): Bluff, Concentration, Decipher Script, Knowledge (all skills, taken individually), Sense Motive

CLASS FEATURES

Soulbinding Bonus: At each true blasphemist level, your soul binding ability improves as if you had also gained a level in the binder class. Your true blasphemist levels and binder levels stack for the purpose of determining your bonus on binding checks, the effectiveness of your vestige-granted abilities, your ability to bind higher-level vestiges, and the number of vestiges you can bind. You do not, however, gain any other benefit a binder would have gained.
Xenotheurgy: At each true blasphemist level, you gain murmurs and disturbances as if you had also gained a level in the true xenotheurgist class. Your true blasphemist levels and true xenotheurgist levels stack for the purpose of murmurs, disturbances, and uses of subverted insanity. You do not, however, gain any other benefit a true xenotheurgist would have gained.

The goal here should be pretty clear. To make a theurgic class, combining binding (ToM) and xenotheurgy (Homebrew (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=122103)). As it is, it does meet that goal, but I know it is incomplete and there is quite a bit to flesh out. Any and all input would be greatly appreciated.

Drogorn
2014-02-08, 05:07 PM
This doesn't really have much to PEACH right now. It's sort of a potato of a PrC. Functional, but bland.

Xuldarinar
2014-02-09, 12:17 AM
This doesn't really have much to PEACH right now. It's sort of a potato of a PrC. Functional, but bland.

Thats pretty clear and to the point.

Function is always the first and foremost concern. We have that, but it definitely needs something to flavor it. I'd have added something but nothing has come to me yet. Obviously things that integrate the two sides, but specifics.. nothing so far.

Edit: Of course only now do I notice the Blasphemous Preacher (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=75528). This gives me a lot to think upon.

Azdoine
2014-02-19, 03:16 AM
Cool, this goes well with The Demented One's Cthulhu Mythos vestiges.