PDA

View Full Version : WW/Mafia Universal Smash Bros. 7

Lady Serpentine
2014-01-26, 02:40 PM
Welcome! C'nor and DarkLight Dragon will be running this one, so do please bear in mind that you ought to PM both of us your roles and such.

Roles:

None yet, of course!

Rules:

Players will autolynch after three day phases of inactivity - not counting any wherein they were affected by any roles that prevent them from posting.

Day and night phases are both one day long, though that may go up depending on if the narrators can keep up/the players have too much difficulty getting votes/actions in.

Teams are the only thing revealed at death.

Masons can have individual abilities, but they must be tied to another mason in some fashion - see, for instance, the Glass-maker and the Watcher in the original Fae.

Ties may be broken by several methods, depending on what roles are made.

You may PM the Narrators with one role you would like to be, and one role you would not like to be. We may or may not ignore it, though, probably out of necessity given that we have to give every role to someone, so it's not a sure thing...

Helgraf's Scry Interference is in effect, with the caveat that more than two seers scrying someone will produce random results.

When posting interest, please note if you wish your name to be used as a role, and if so, please PM us up to four abilities.

Player List:
{table=head]Number|Player|Be A Role?|In/Out|PM
1|Ramsus|Yes|In|Sure hope so. ;)
2|BasketofPuppies|If not, there's something weird going on...|In|Breached the walls
3|Szilard|Maybe|In|Still shipping[/table]

Ramsus
2014-01-27, 03:33 PM
I'm fine with my name being a role, PM coming to a theater near you.

BasketOfPuppies
2014-01-27, 03:35 PM
I am in! I'll PM my role.

EDIT: C'nor, it says that your inbox is full. Would you mind deleting some PM's?

Szilard
2014-01-27, 06:39 PM
innnnnnnnnnn
I guess I'll PM later or something.

DarkLightDragon
2014-01-27, 10:43 PM
You can send PMs to me if you're having trouble with C'Nor's inbox I'll pass them on to her when I get the chance.

Lady Serpentine
2014-01-28, 01:18 AM
Anyone who's on at the moment can PM me the roles, sorry about that. :smallredface: But yeah, if my inbox is full, just PM them to DLD, and she can pass them to me.

BourgeoisJerry
2014-01-28, 02:17 AM
I've got a few ideas for my role that might lend themselves to masonry, but I'm not certain what you meant when you said masons "must be tied to another mason in some fashion." Do I need to work something out with another player and propose my role together with them? Or was the emphasis of your paragraph just that we could be a mason and still have unique individual powers?

Lady Serpentine
2014-01-28, 02:41 AM
The latter.

They must be tied to another Mason in some fashion in the sense that the individual powers must be affected by the status of the others, not that you must contact another player and work something out that way.

For instance, you could have it so that you were a baner, but whenever another Mason was the target of a void, you drew it to yourself. Or you might choose to be a self-sacrificing baner who always took the night kill for the first other mason to die. Or get a different power depending on if a certain mason were alive than if they were dead.

banjo1985
2014-01-28, 03:52 AM
Definitely up for this, though I'm really hazy on what the PM should contain. I'll drop you one anyway, and if you need anything different/less stupid then let me know.

I'm also happy to be used as a role name, if required.

DarkLightDragon
2014-01-28, 04:39 AM
Received and passed on role PMs from Ramsus, Basket and Banjo. We'll get back to you after we've discussed them.

Penguinator
2014-01-28, 11:53 AM
In; I'll send a PM sometime today.

Yumori Zatsuken
2014-01-28, 01:15 PM
In. I'll send a PM tomorrow.

Sabeki
2014-01-28, 03:25 PM
I guess I'll try this. In, will PM today/tomorrow at the latest.

LoP
2014-01-28, 05:15 PM
In, but I guess I'll be the spokesperson of the noobs who aren't familiar with this...

... what the heck is going on? I'm assuming a WW game... but we create our own roles? Our own abilities? WHAT MADNESS IS THIS.

BasketOfPuppies
2014-01-28, 05:56 PM
Madness? THIS. IS. THE PLAYGROOOUUUNNNDD!

@V: I know. I'm sorry. *slinks away with tail between legs*

Lex-Kat
2014-01-28, 06:26 PM
In. Of course you can use my name. Why would you not want to? :smallconfused: *Bops BoP* Bad puppies. That meme is dead, let it rest in pieces. :smallannoyed::smalltongue:

Penguinator
2014-01-28, 06:28 PM
That meme is dead.

Not where I'm from.

Lex-Kat
2014-01-28, 06:33 PM
To me, it was dead when it started. :smallyuk:

Lady Serpentine
2014-01-28, 07:19 PM
WHAT MADNESS IS THIS.

Ours, of course. But yep. Make your own roles.

Lex-Kat
2014-01-28, 08:14 PM
Just a few places that may help in creating roles:

Universal Smash Bros.
Universal Smash Bros 2: Villain's Revenge
Five Player CYOR
Five Player CYOR II
Universal Smash Bros 3: Heroes' Resurgance!
Universal Smash Bros 4: Brawl on!
Custom WW I
Custom Werewolf II
Universal Smash Bros 5: Final Destination
Universal Smash Bros 6: Time Twister
Custom Werewolf III: In Need of Trees

There are likely other places you could look, but these games are known for having a lot of unique roles.

Tris
2014-01-28, 08:18 PM
In, I'll PM later.

Kalrany
2014-01-28, 10:56 PM
How long is recruitment going to go? I want to read (at least some of) the other games before committing. (This is a tentative in?)

Lady Serpentine
2014-01-29, 12:30 AM
There's no firm end date. That said, you should have time, and we'll be happy to answer any questions you might have for us.

Nonayer
2014-01-29, 06:23 AM
I'd like to be in even if I'm not exactly sure I know what I'm doing. I've played wolf games before but nothing like this...

I'll send a pm and feel free to burn me on a stake and impale me on a pyre if it's wrong. Or was it the other way around?

Lady Serpentine
2014-01-29, 06:27 AM
Well, we can try your way. Though if you're to be burned on a stake, does that mean you're a witch?

BourgeoisJerry
2014-01-30, 01:49 AM
Well, I'm in. I'm sending my role ideas now.

DarkLightDragon
2014-01-30, 05:40 AM
Received and passed on PMs from Nonayer and Jerry. I'll provide my opinion when I'm not so busy.

Lady Serpentine
2014-01-30, 06:10 AM
Much appreciated, my draconic friend. I'll reply there unless I pass out or something.

DarkLightDragon
2014-02-01, 11:22 PM
Yaaaay!

Passed on a PM from Lex. I suppose I should get around to giving my opinion on them now. :smalltongue:

EDIT: And Penguin.

EDIT 2: We're getting a lot of roles with "avoids the first lynch/night kill". If you include that as one of your ideas, please add at least two different ones. We can't give EVERYONE the same power. :smallwink:

EDIT 3: Received and passed on PM for Tanar.

Lex-Kat
2014-02-02, 03:23 PM
And perhaps C'Nor should update the OP. I see only three players there. :smalleek:

BasketOfPuppies
2014-02-02, 09:35 PM
So there's no set start date?

Lady Serpentine
2014-02-02, 10:17 PM
There is not.

Murska
2014-02-04, 05:38 PM
I'll join, and I suppose I can't deny everyone the pleasure of lynching a Murska twice this game. I'll send the PM soon.

BasketOfPuppies
2014-02-04, 05:42 PM
Wait, TWO Murskas? Better get to lynching.:smallbiggrin:

TFT
2014-02-05, 06:17 AM
Role PM sent.

Coincidentally, in.

DarkLightDragon
2014-02-10, 06:17 AM
Received and passed along info from Murska and Tower... in Valve time!

Lady Serpentine
2014-02-10, 08:51 AM
Much appreciated~ :smallbiggrin:

BasketOfPuppies
2014-02-14, 10:03 PM
C'nor, you might want to update the OP. I'm only seeing three people.

Lady Serpentine
2014-02-20, 09:13 AM
Waiting on some confirmations first.

Lazy Genius
2014-02-25, 11:50 AM
I'm going to go ahead and get in on this one, I'll go with my name being a role as well, expect a PM soon-ish. :smalltongue:

Sabeki
2014-03-01, 07:52 PM
I would like to ge back in his one, please.

52.5 Lemons
2014-03-02, 11:03 PM
I'd like to be in on this one I suppose, since we've basically got Fears under wraps. I just have no idea how this game works and the rules section didn't help much. So before I say I'm in, can somebody please explain?

Also, C'Nor, is this still going on with you leaving and all?

Penguinator
2014-03-02, 11:16 PM
I'd like to be in on this one I suppose, since we've basically go Fears under wraps. I just have no idea how this game works and the rules section didn't help much. So before I say I'm in, can somebody please explain?

Basically, you send the narrators (DLD, at this point; there's been some discussion of who's taking C'Nor's spot, it may still be C'Nor, I don't know) three or four abilities that you would like your "role" to have. They'll pick one, based on what everyone else sends and balance, then post a roles list before the game starts.

52.5 Lemons
2014-03-02, 11:34 PM
Basically, you send the narrators (DLD, at this point; there's been some discussion of who's taking C'Nor's spot, it may still be C'Nor, I don't know) three or four abilities that you would like your "role" to have. They'll pick one, based on what everyone else sends and balance, then post a roles list before the game starts.

So there are no set roles like mason, seer, wolf, etc.? And what sort of abilities am I limited to? Just basic stuff like 1 night kill, or scry, or day bane, etc.?

Tris
2014-03-02, 11:42 PM
To be clear, the abilities you chose are for the role that has your name. You will likely be getting someone else's role. There will be a "Tanar Aerdoth" role. There will be a "52.5 Lemons" role. Etc.

Penguinator
2014-03-02, 11:48 PM
So there are no set roles like mason, seer, wolf, etc.? And what sort of abilities am I limited to? Just basic stuff like 1 night kill, or scry, or day bane, etc.?

Well, they said a ton of people sent, "Extra life," so you'll probably want to avoid that. I don't think anything has to be typical; the last game had things like, "Whoever votes for you can't use actions that night," "First two votes on you from wolves are ignored," "Can see if someone used an action the previous night," "If you predict who is killed at night, your vote is increased permanently" and other such wonders.

Which is not to say that typical things are disallowed; last game the Penguinator role was the Devil.

Or, you could grab Zjoot and Grue Bait, and your roles could be the Masons. :smalltongue:

Grue Bait
2014-03-03, 12:22 AM
Well, they said a ton of people sent, "Extra life," so you'll probably want to avoid that. I don't think anything has to be typical; the last game had things like, "Whoever votes for you can't use actions that night," "First two votes on you from wolves are ignored," "Can see if someone used an action the previous night," "If you predict who is killed at night, your vote is increased permanently" and other such wonders.

Which is not to say that typical things are disallowed; last game the Penguinator role was the Devil.

Or, you could grab Zjoot and Grue Bait, and your roles could be the Masons. :smalltongue:

And Thadria and BitterMelonFarm, should the game get big enough. I might join this if I can think of some roles. If you get a PM from me, I'm in.

Lady Serpentine
2014-03-03, 07:32 AM

It is, pending some confirmations from DLD. And I am in fact still up to narrate!

I, uh, didn't leave very long, you see. I have a tendency to overreact to things. :smallredface:

Penguinator
2014-03-03, 12:21 PM
And Thadria and BitterMelonFarm, should the game get big enough. I might join this if I can think of some roles. If you get a PM from me, I'm in.

Yes, indeed.

You could try a Martyr role. "Sees who would be eaten by a Grue each night (nightkilled) and can use themself as bait to save them." Good bit of silliness.

DarkLightDragon
2014-03-07, 11:48 PM
Finally got around to updating the narrator QT with Lazy Genius (who I've PM'd) and Eternal Drifter (who is not playing but generously submitted a role anyway).

Disc Lorde
2014-03-09, 10:55 PM
Is this still open? If so, I'm in, you can use my name as a role, and I'll send a PM with role ideas.

DarkLightDragon
2014-03-10, 06:51 AM
You absolutely can still send in roles! :smallsmile:

Helgraf
2014-04-17, 04:57 PM
In ... Use me as a role? Sure. Will PM presently.

BasketOfPuppies
2014-04-17, 05:12 PM
Is this still going to go on?

Duck999
2014-04-17, 05:26 PM
If it is still opwn, I'll play.
How does the you as role thing work?

Lex-Kat
2014-04-17, 05:54 PM
You create a role that is somewhat based on you.. somehow. If I understand it correctly, the role is given randomly to another player. The Narrators can decide which roles are Villager, and which are Wolves. Though you can suggest which side you'd like it to be on. For balance though, it may be necessary to change the roles affiliation.

So for Ducks, based on the first game I ever saw you in....

Ducks999

You have the power to hide among the geese. Who are the geese? They are the points (lynch votes) that people make against you in unsuccessful attempts on your life. Each point summons a goose to your defense, that arrive during the night. You can have up to nine geese at a time. Each attempt on your life needs to bypass these geese.

Example: You are targetted for lynch on Day 5. You have collected 6 geese to protect you. Only 4 players vote for you, and if not for the geese, you would have died.

Since the attempt was otherwise successful, four geese die in your defense. This leaves two geese to hide among the next day, and only a need for three votes to kill you. Again, only if you have the most votes. If day six someone else gets five votes to your four, four new geese show up to protect you the seventh day.

BasketOfPuppies
2014-04-26, 10:50 PM
Umm, is this still a thing? Also, if it is, when is it planning on starting?

DarkLightDragon
2014-05-12, 06:10 AM
Umm, is this still a thing? Also, if it is, when is it planning on starting?

It's looking unlikely... However, if people are still interested, I'll start over with a new thread (I'll need to be able to update the OP!).

Lady Serpentine
2014-05-12, 06:25 AM
...If you must, you can restart it, but you know I've been waiting on you, right? :smallconfused:

DarkLightDragon
2014-05-12, 06:39 AM
...If you must, you can restart it, but you know I've been waiting on you, right? :smallconfused:

Uh... This is awkward...

Good god, I seem to be messing everything up lately. :smallsigh:

Lex-Kat
2014-05-12, 12:42 PM
I think restarting it would be good, anyway. Find out who is still wanting to play. If they've sent in a role, then let them/us know we don't need to do so again.

Helgraf
2014-05-13, 08:51 PM
So, what is going on here?

banjo1985
2014-05-14, 03:25 AM
Who am I? Who ate my sandwiches? Why aren't I wearing pants?