PDA

View Full Version : D&D Tool for download/testing

Carthax
2014-01-26, 10:39 PM
edited 2/26/14 @ 9:10AM
This new version contains numerous under-the-hood bug fixes -- the app should be much less prone to crashing

For those who don't like using pen and paper for your pen and paper d20 games, I propose a new solution:

D&D Tools!

This is an application that I have been working on for almost 3 years, as I have been teaching myself how to program in VB.Net. It contains the following:

* A Dice Roller with 20 configurable Roll buttons, using securely-generated random numbers
* An Initiative Roller that shows the bonus, current roll and history for each character in the list, automatically sorts the list by Current Initiative, AND provides 5 counters for every character (handy for when you don't want to have to write down the number of rounds left before that secondary poison will affect the character!) -- each character is saved out to an encrypted XML file after each roll
* A Journal with fields for Date, Group and Event
* A Fumble Roller with 49 entries (modify fumbles.dat to add/remove/modify existing fumbles!)
* A Character Generator which currently provides a method to roll Stat Dice, but will eventually be built into a full-on character generator
* An Object Picker which allows you to select criteria to pull Spell, Creature, and Item information from the included database - I find it faster than referencing the PHB/DMG. It also will allow you to create a random encounter of a specific level, and (optionally) of a specific alignment.

Files are here (https://www.dropbox.com/sh/5x3or48gwxpkv1j/UPVNZQnwsG)

Included files (Updated!):

* Dice.dll 24Kb
* Dnd Tool.exe 218Kb
* DnD.sdf 40,576Kb
* Fumbles.dat 5Kb
* SSCERuntime_x64-ENU.exe 2,560Kb
* SSCERuntime_x86-ENU.exe 2,324Kb

Keep all the files in one folder.
Run "DnD Tool.exe" to use the program, naturally.

This is a public alpha test. It runs great on my Windows 7 desktop and my Windows 8 laptop, but I can't guarantee there won't be something on your machine that will cause my app to explode. If that happens, PLEASE let me know what you were doing and what error message you received, if any -- I think I've got all the major and moderate bugs trapped, but you may see some minor ones. Please let me know what bugs you see so I can fix them and make a better product!

Also, if you have problems with how some screen works and you think you have a better way, let me know that, too. I'm happy to take suggestions for the UI -- I've been using variants of this app every single weekend for nearly 3 years; it's very possible I've gotten used to using it one way when there could be a MUCH better method of doing something.

Known bugs:
* If you choose to "Create Encounter of DC:" and select a CR and an Alignment on the object picker, it will probably not return an encounter of the appropriate DC -- it's a SQL Query error, and I'm still working on it

Domriso
2014-01-27, 01:07 AM
Well, I tried it, and half of it worked. The Initiative Roller, Dice Roller and Fumble Roller worked fine, but the Character Generator, Journal and Object Picker did not.

I received this error message:

See the end of this message for details on invoking
just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************
System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not load file or assembly 'System.Data.SqlServerCe, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=89845dcd8080cc91' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.
File name: 'System.Data.SqlServerCe, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=89845dcd8080cc91'
at DnD_Tool.Connect.Connection(Boolean Close)
at DnD_Tool.Connect.ReturnData(String What)
at DnD_Tool.frmObject.frmObject_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Form.OnLoad(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.CreateControl(Boolean fIgnoreVisible)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.CreateControl()
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmShowWindow(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Form.WmShowWindow(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Form.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

WRN: Assembly binding logging is turned OFF.
To enable assembly bind failure logging, set the registry value [HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Fusion!EnableLog] (DWORD) to 1.
Note: There is some performance penalty associated with assembly bind failure logging.
To turn this feature off, remove the registry value [HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Fusion!EnableLog].

************** Loaded Assemblies **************
mscorlib
Assembly Version: 4.0.0.0
Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.1008 (RTMGDR.030319-1000)
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework64/v4.0.30319/mscorlib.dll
----------------------------------------
DnD Tool
Assembly Version: 0.0.0.1
Win32 Version: 0.0.0.1
CodeBase: file:///C:/Users/User/Documents/Roleplaying/True%20Ultimate%20D%26D/D%26D%20Tools/DnD%20Tool.exe
Microsoft.VisualBasic
Assembly Version: 10.0.0.0
Win32 Version: 10.0.30319.1 built by: RTMRel
CodeBase: file:///C:/windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/Microsoft.VisualBasic/v4.0_10.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/Microsoft.VisualBasic.dll
System
Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.1001 built by: RTMGDR
CodeBase: file:///C:/windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll
System.Core
Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.233 built by: RTMGDR
CodeBase: file:///C:/windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Core/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Core.dll
System.Windows.Forms
Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.1002 built by: RTMGDR
CodeBase: file:///C:/windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll
System.Drawing
CodeBase: file:///C:/windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll
System.Runtime.Remoting
Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.1 (RTMRel.030319-0100)
CodeBase: file:///C:/windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Runtime.Remoting/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Runtime.Remoting.dll
System.Data
Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.237 (RTMGDR.030319-2300)
CodeBase: file:///C:/windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_64/System.Data/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Data.dll
System.Xml
Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.1015 built by: RTMGDR
CodeBase: file:///C:/windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll

************** JIT Debugging **************
To enable just-in-time (JIT) debugging, the .config file for this
application or computer (machine.config) must have the
jitDebugging value set in the system.windows.forms section.
The application must also be compiled with debugging
enabled.

For example:

<configuration>
<system.windows.forms jitDebugging="true" />
</configuration>

When JIT debugging is enabled, any unhandled exception
will be sent to the JIT debugger registered on the computer
rather than be handled by this dialog box.

The Character Generator simply would not load, but when I clicked Continue on the other two options it would continue to the following screen, but then it would just give me the same exceptions whenever I tried to use it.

Hope that helps!

Carthax
2014-01-27, 06:18 AM
Well, I tried it, and half of it worked. The Initiative Roller, Dice Roller and Fumble Roller worked fine, but the Character Generator, Journal and Object Picker did not.

I received this error message:

System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not load file or assembly 'System.Data.SqlServerCe, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral,

The Character Generator simply would not load, but when I clicked Continue on the other two options it would continue to the following screen, but then it would just give me the same exceptions whenever I tried to use it.

Hope that helps!

When I get to work, I will add the appropriate dll to the zip file. I am a dufus for forgetting that. I will update here as soon as that is included.

Thanks!

Carthax
2014-01-27, 08:36 AM
Updated information:

For those who don't like using pen and paper for your pen and paper d20 games, I propose a new solution:

D&D Tools!

This is an application that I have been working on for almost 3 years, as I have been teaching myself how to program in VB.Net. It contains the following:

* A Dice Roller with 20 configurable Roll buttons, using securely-generated random numbers
* An Initiative Roller that shows the bonus, current roll and history for each character in the list, AND automatically orders the list by Current Initiative -- each character is saved out to an encrypted XML file after each roll
* A Journal with fields for Date, Group and Event
* A Fumble Roller with 49 entries (modify fumbles.dat to add/remove/modify existing fumbles!)
* A Character Generator which currently provides a method to roll Stat Dice, but will eventually be built into a full-on character generator
* An Object Picker which allows you to select criteria to pull Spell, Creature, and Item information from the included database - I find it faster than referencing the PHB/DMG. It also will allow you to create a random encounter of a specific level, and (optionally) of a specific alignment.

Files are here (https://www.dropbox.com/sh/5x3or48gwxpkv1j/UPVNZQnwsG)

Included files (Updated!):

* Dice.dll 24Kb
* Dnd Tool.exe 215Kb
* DnD.sdf 40,576Kb
* Fumbles.dat 5Kb
* SSCERuntime_x64-ENU.exe 2,468Kb
* SSCERuntime_x86-ENU.exe 2,232Kb

* Keep all the files in one folder.
* If you do not have the SQLCE Runtimes installed, they are included (the SSCE files); just run the one for your particular flavor of processor
* Run "DnD Tool.exe" to use the program, naturally.

This is a public alpha test. It runs great on my Windows 7 desktop and my Windows 8 laptop, but I can't guarantee there won't be something on your machine that will cause my app to explode. If that happens, PLEASE let me know what you were doing and what error message you received, if any -- I think I've got all the major and moderate bugs trapped, but you may see some minor ones. Please let me know what bugs you see so I can fix them and make a better product!

Also, if you have problems with how some screen works and you think you have a better way, let me know that, too. I'm happy to take suggestions for the UI -- I've been using variants of this app every single weekend for nearly 3 years; it's very possible I've gotten used to using it one way when there could be a MUCH better method of doing something.

Known bugs:
* If you choose to "Create Encounter of DC:" and select a CR and an Alignment on the object picker, it will probably not return an encounter of the appropriate DC -- it's a SQL Query error, and I'm still working on it

Domriso
2014-01-27, 05:32 PM
Welp, still getting problems.

Got this error when opening the Character Generator:

System.InvalidOperationException: An error occurred creating the form. See Exception.InnerException for details. The error is: Could not load file or assembly 'Microsoft.VisualBasic.PowerPacks.Vs, Version=10.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified. ---> System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not load file or assembly 'Microsoft.VisualBasic.PowerPacks.Vs, Version=10.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.
at DnD_Tool.frmCharGen.InitializeComponent()
at DnD_Tool.frmCharGen..ctor()
--- End of inner exception stack trace ---
at DnD_Tool.My.MyProject.MyForms.Create__Instance__[T](T Instance)
at DnD_Tool.My.MyProject.MyForms.get_frmCharGen()
at DnD_Tool.frmSelect.cmdCharGen_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnMouseUp(MouseEventAr gs mevent)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
at System.Windows.Forms.ButtonBase.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Button.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

mscorlib
DnD Tool
CodeBase: file:///C:/Users/User/Documents/Roleplaying/True%20Ultimate%20D%26D/D%26D%20Tools/DnD%20Tool.exe
Microsoft.VisualBasic
CodeBase: file:///C:/windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/Microsoft.VisualBasic/v4.0_10.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/Microsoft.VisualBasic.dll
System
CodeBase: file:///C:/windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll
System.Core
CodeBase: file:///C:/windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Core/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Core.dll
System.Windows.Forms
CodeBase: file:///C:/windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll
System.Drawing
CodeBase: file:///C:/windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll
System.Runtime.Remoting
CodeBase: file:///C:/windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Runtime.Remoting/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Runtime.Remoting.dll

enabled.

For example:

<configuration>
</configuration>

When using the Dice Roller, while it opened fine, I got this error when attempting to use it, but after pressing continue and messing with it more the problem never seemed to come up again.

System.IndexOutOfRangeException: Index was outside the bounds of the array.
at DnD_Tool.frmDiceRoller.cmdRoll_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)

mscorlib
DnD Tool
Microsoft.VisualBasic
System
System.Core
System.Windows.Forms
System.Drawing
System.Runtime.Remoting
System.Xml
CodeBase: file:///C:/windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll
System.Configuration
Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.1015 (RTMGDR.030319-1000)
CodeBase: file:///C:/windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Configuration/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Configuration.dll
Dice
Assembly Version: 1.0.0.0
Win32 Version: 1.0.0.0
CodeBase: file:///C:/Users/User/Documents/Roleplaying/True%20Ultimate%20D%26D/D%26D%20Tools/Dice.DLL

enabled.

For example:

<configuration>
</configuration>

The Journal gave me this error when I opened it up:

System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not load file or assembly 'System.Data.SqlServerCe, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=89845dcd8080cc91' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.
File name: 'System.Data.SqlServerCe, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=89845dcd8080cc91'
at DnD_Tool.frmJournal.UpdateDGV()
at DnD_Tool.frmJournal.frmJournal_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e)

To enable assembly bind failure logging, set the registry value [HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Fusion!EnableLog] (DWORD) to 1.
Note: There is some performance penalty associated with assembly bind failure logging.
To turn this feature off, remove the registry value [HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Fusion!EnableLog].

mscorlib
DnD Tool
Microsoft.VisualBasic
System
System.Core
System.Windows.Forms
System.Drawing
System.Runtime.Remoting
System.Xml
System.Configuration
CodeBase: file:///C:/windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Configuration/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Configuration.dll
Dice
CodeBase: file:///C:/Users/User/Documents/Roleplaying/True%20Ultimate%20D%26D/D%26D%20Tools/Dice.DLL
System.Data
CodeBase: file:///C:/windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_64/System.Data/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Data.dll

enabled.

For example:

<configuration>
</configuration>

The Journal also gave me this error whenever I attempted to add any entries.

System.InvalidCastException: Conversion from string "" to type 'Date' is not valid.
at Microsoft.VisualBasic.CompilerServices.Conversions .ToDate(String Value)
at DnD_Tool.frmJournal.cmdAdd_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)

mscorlib
DnD Tool
Microsoft.VisualBasic
System
System.Core
System.Windows.Forms
System.Drawing
System.Runtime.Remoting
System.Xml
System.Configuration
Dice
System.Data

enabled.

For example:

<configuration>
</configuration>

The Object Picker gave me this error when I opened it:

at DnD_Tool.frmObject.frmObject_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e)

mscorlib
DnD Tool
Microsoft.VisualBasic
System
System.Core
System.Windows.Forms
System.Drawing
System.Runtime.Remoting
Dice
System.Data
System.Xml

enabled.

For example:

<configuration>
</configuration>

The Object Picker also lacked most options within it when I attempted to use it, and would just give me this message when I tried to do anything:

Could not load file or assembly 'System.Data.SqlServerCe, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=89845dcd8080cc91' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.

The Initiative Roller seems to work fine, but I wonder if there might be a way to add rolls made with physical dice to the file, for those stubborn characters?

Carthax
2014-01-28, 07:47 PM
Welp, still getting problems.

Got this error when opening the Character Generator:

System.InvalidOperationException: An error occurred creating the form. See Exception.InnerException for details. The error is: Could not load file or assembly 'Microsoft.VisualBasic.PowerPacks.Vs, Version=10.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified. ---> System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not load file or assembly 'Microsoft.VisualBasic.PowerPacks.Vs, Version=10.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.

This is a problem with a missing control. I have created a new zip file with the control included. Just download the same folder from the link in the first post, and it will have the new control in it.

When using the Dice Roller, while it opened fine, I got this error when attempting to use it, but after pressing continue and messing with it more the problem never seemed to come up again.

System.IndexOutOfRangeException: Index was outside the bounds of the array.
at DnD_Tool.frmDiceRoller.cmdRoll_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)

I can't recreate this error. If you see it again, please give me all the details you can.

The Journal gave me this error when I opened it up:

Did you install the SSCERuntime_x64-ENU.exe (if your computer is running 64-bit Windows) or the SSCERuntime_x86-ENU.exe (if your computer is running 32-bit Windows -- If you're not sure, choose the x86 version)?

The Journal also gave me this error whenever I attempted to add any entries.

System.InvalidCastException: Conversion from string "" to type 'Date' is not valid.
at Microsoft.VisualBasic.CompilerServices.Conversions .ToDate(String Value)
at DnD_Tool.frmJournal.cmdAdd_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)

The only way I can get this error to occur is if I don't enter a date in the date field. I will add a check for that when the Add button is clicked.

The Object Picker gave me this error when I opened it:

The Object Picker also lacked most options within it when I attempted to use it, and would just give me this message when I tried to do anything:

Could not load file or assembly 'System.Data.SqlServerCe, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=89845dcd8080cc91' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.

This is also related to the SSCERuntimes.

The Initiative Roller seems to work fine, but I wonder if there might be a way to add rolls made with physical dice to the file, for those stubborn characters?

As a matter of fact, yes, there is! Double-click the Current entry for the stubborn character in question. It will prompt you for the dice-rolled initiative, and even checks to make sure it is not too high (if new roll > 20 + bonus) or too low (if new roll < bonus), then re-orders the initiative rolls.

Domriso
2014-01-28, 08:29 PM
Character Generator seems to work fine now. No error messages. My only question is, is the program supposed to close when rolling the 5d6 array and clicking on the green-highlighted areas? Because mine does that.

Initiative Roller works as advertised!

Dice Roller continues to work as advertised! Not sure how I got that error before.

Journal also works as advertised, but I have a question: is the Date area supposed to correspond to the date of the actual campaign? Because, if so, that's why I was getting the error. I was inputting the Elder Scrolls-style dates.

Fumble Roller still works!

The Object Picker now works, but I have questions.

1) Can you add new creatures/spells/objects to be sorted? That would make it much more useful.

2) Would it be possible to make the numbers aligned in a linear order, rather than the... I don't know what it's called, decimal order? Where it goes 1 -> 106 -> 107 -> 11 -> 12 -> 13 and so on? It's a little odd to look at.

3) Would it be possible to reorganize the CRs to not include entries like "4 (5 with irresistible dance)" and "2 (without pipes) or 4 (with pipes)"? It's also somewhat odd to look at.

4)Finally, could you add an Any option to the CR category? Once a category of CR is selected it won't let you unselect it, meaning that you have to manually look through each CR to try and find things with other parameters.

Other than that, looks good to me!

Carthax
2014-01-29, 05:08 PM
Character Generator seems to work fine now. No error messages. My only question is, is the program supposed to close when rolling the 5d6 array and clicking on the green-highlighted areas? Because mine does that.

I have already fixed that in a different version I've been testing. I will update the .exe this evening and comment here when it's ready.

Dice Roller continues to work as advertised! Not sure how I got that error before.

Journal also works as advertised, but I have a question: is the Date area supposed to correspond to the date of the actual campaign? Because, if so, that's why I was getting the error. I was inputting the Elder Scrolls-style dates.

That's a darned good question. The campaign I wrote is set in the United States, in 3184, 1050 years after nuclear war. I wrote the code to assume a standard, modern date. I will re-write the database and the code to accept a string of any length. It will be uploaded this evening.

1) Can you add new creatures/spells/objects to be sorted? That would make it much more useful.

I've been thinking of a way to do that. There are a lot of records that you would have to enter, but it is not outside the realm of possibility. I will get that added, but it will take a few days, most likely

2) Would it be possible to make the numbers aligned in a linear order, rather than the... I don't know what it's called, decimal order? Where it goes 1 -> 106 -> 107 -> 11 -> 12 -> 13 and so on? It's a little odd to look at.

I've been trying to figure it out. I fill that field from a query of the database, and it returns STRING-type data, which will sort the way it does currently. Let me look into that; it may take a day or two.

3) Would it be possible to reorganize the CRs to not include entries like "4 (5 with irresistible dance)" and "2 (without pipes) or 4 (with pipes)"? It's also somewhat odd to look at.

That's an easy change, and I will do it tonight. Naturally, if you do a fuzzy query, it will pull "2" and "2 (without pipes)," so what's the point of having the extras in the field? :-)

4)Finally, could you add an Any option to the CR category? Once a category of CR is selected it won't let you unselect it, meaning that you have to manually look through each CR to try and find things with other parameters.

You mean a query that would choose a random Random Encounter?

w00t! I'm glad for good reviews, even when I'm getting bug reports and feature requests. :-)

Domriso
2014-01-29, 05:58 PM
You mean a query that would choose a random Random Encounter?

What I mean is, say I want an encounter with an evil fey, but I don't have any ideas of what the CR of random creatures are. More than just the challenge for the players, I need an idea. Would it be possible to make it so that I can select the Fey quantifier and the Evil quantifier, but leave the CR quantifier blank, so that it will display anything that matches the other two queries? That way I can go in, see what creatures already have stats, then either discover one close enough or mess with one enough to do what I want.

It might not come up much in actual use, but it was something I tried right away and noticed I was incapable of doing so.

In any case, looking forward to the next version(s)!

Carthax
2014-01-29, 09:30 PM

Date entry field is fixed, and the CR dropdown list is now in numeric order and without the extra fluff you mentioned in #3 above. Now I just have to figure out that pesky SQL query so you get the correct levels of random monsters back every time. I know why it's randomly giving incorrect random monsters; it may take me a day or so to research the proper SQL query to fix it. :-)

Entering new spells/monsters/items is on the to-do list, but it'll take a little while to design the entry form and get it working.

Carthax
2014-01-29, 09:32 PM
What I mean is, say I want an encounter with an evil fey, but I don't have any ideas of what the CR of random creatures are. More than just the challenge for the players, I need an idea. Would it be possible to make it so that I can select the Fey quantifier and the Evil quantifier, but leave the CR quantifier blank, so that it will display anything that matches the other two queries? That way I can go in, see what creatures already have stats, then either discover one close enough or mess with one enough to do what I want.

It might not come up much in actual use, but it was something I tried right away and noticed I was incapable of doing so.

In any case, looking forward to the next version(s)!

Consider this added to the to-do list! That's an awesome idea! That shouldn't take too long, but it's getting late tonight. I'll add a field to the monster search section above, and adjust the SQL query.