PDA

View Full Version : The Everyman-- How simple can we make a T3?

Grod_The_Giant
2014-02-05, 11:11 AM
The Everyman

Hit Die: d10
Class Skills: All
Skill Points At First Level: 8+Int Modifier
Skill Points At Each Additional Level: 8+Int Modifier

Level
BAB
Fort
Ref
Will
Special
Speed Boost
Strike

1st
+1
+2
+2
+2
Everyskill, Everytalent
+0 ft.

2nd
+2
+3
+3
+3
Strike, Everyarmor
+0 ft.
+1d6

3rd
+3
+3
+3
+3
Hero's Inspiration 1/day, Speed Boost
+10 ft.
+1d6

4th
+4
+4
+4
+4
Hero's Rush, Everyweapon
+10 ft.
+2d6

5th
+5
+4
+4
+4
Bonus Action (Swift)
+10 ft.
+2d6

6th
+6/+4
+5
+5
+5
Easy Iteratives, Hero's Inspiration 2/day
+20 ft.
+3d6

7th
+7/+5
+5
+5
+5
Hero's Luck 1/day
+20 ft.
+3d6

8th
+8/+6
+6
+6
+6
Hero's Flight
+20 ft.
+4d6

9th
+9/+7
+6
+6
+6
Hero's Inspiration 3/day
+30 ft.
+4d6

10th
+10/+8
+7
+7
+7
Bonus Action (Move)
+30 ft.
+5d6

11th
+11/+9/+9
+7
+7
+7
Hero's Resilience, Hero's Luck 2/day
+30 ft.
+5d6

12th
+12/+10/+10
+8
+8
+8
Hero's Warp, Hero's Inspiration 4/day
+40 ft.
+6d6

13th
+13/+11/+11
+8
+8
+8
Unstoppable Strikes
+40 ft.
+6d6

14th
+14/+12/+12
+9
+9
+9
Plane Shift
+40 ft.
+7d6

15th
+15/+13/+13
+9
+9
+9
Bonus Action (Standard), Hero's Inspiration 5/day, Hero's Luck 3/day
+50 ft.
+7d6

16th
+16/+14/+14/+14
+10
+10
+10
Hero's Teleport
+50 ft.
+8d6

17th
+17/+15/+15/+15
+10
+10
+10
Hero's Return
+50 ft.
+8d6

18th
+18/+16/+16/+16
+11
+11
+11
Hero's Inspiration 6/day
+60 ft.
+9d6

19th
+19/+17/+17/+17
+11
+11
+11
Hero's Luck 4/day
+60 ft.
+9d6

20th
+20/+18/+18/+18
+12
+12
+12
Bonus Action (Full-Round)
+60 ft.
+10d6

Weapon and Armor Proficiencies: An Everyman is proficient with all simple and martial weapons, and one exotic weapon of your choice. An Everyman is proficient with all types of armor, and with shields (including tower shields).

Everyskill (Ex): An Everyman is good at, well, everything. When making a skill check, he may use either his actual number of ranks in a skill or two-thirds his class level (rounded down), whichever is greater. He also counts as being trained in every skill.

Everytalent (Ex): For all intents and purposes, an Everyman may use either his base ability scores of his Everyman level + 10, whichever is higher.

Strike (Ex): Beginning at 2nd level, the first attack an Everyman makes in a round deals an additional 1d6 damage. At 4th level, and every subsequent even-numbered level, this damage increases by 1d6. This bonus damage is not multiplied on a critical hit.

Everyarmor (Ex): Beginning at 2nd level, an Everyman reduces the armor check penalty of any armor he wears by an amount equal to his Everyman level.

Hero's Inspiration (Ex): Beginning at 3rd level, an Everyman begins to get flashes of inspiration about how to proceed. Once per day, he may get a hint, clue, or bit of help from the GM. It might be a way out of the villain’s fiendish deathtrap, a vital clue for solving a mystery, or an idea about the villain’s weakness. At 6th level, and every subsequent third level, he may use this ability one additional time per day.

Speed Boost (Ex): Beginning at 3rd level, an Everyman gets a bonus to his base land speed, as shown on the table above.

Hero's Rush (Ex): Beginning at 4th level, an Everyman may, as a swift action, move a distance equal to the bonus granted by his Speed Boost ability. For example, a 4th level Everyman could move 10 feet as a swift action, while a 10th level Everyman could move 30 feet as a swift action.

Everyweapon (Su): Beginning at 4th level, any weapon an Everyman wields gains an enhancement bonus equal to one-fourth his Everyman level. The bonus is lost one round after he lets go of it.

Bonus Action (Ex): Beginning at 5th level, an Everyman's skill is such that he can take a single extra action in combat each round. At 5th level, he may only take an extra swift action. At 10th level, he may an extra swift or move action. At 15th, he may take an extra swift, move, or standard action, and at 20th he may take an extra swift, move, standard, or full-round action.

Easy Iteratives (Ex): Beginning at 6th level, an Everyman may make all iterative attacks at a -2 penalty, instead of the normal stacking -5 penalty. He still gains additional attacks at the normal times.

Hero's Luck (Ex): Beginning at 7th level, an Everyman may reroll one die roll per day, taking the better result. He may use this ability after the result has already been declared. At 11th level, and every subsequent fourth level, he may use this ability one additional time per day.

Hero's Flight (Su): Beginning at 8th level, an Everyman begins tapping into his natural magical ability, gaining a flight speed (with good maneuverability) equal to his base land speed.

Hero's Resilience (Su): Beginning at 11th level, an Everyman gains fast healing 1. In addition, three times per day he may recover as though using a heal spell, with a caster level equal to his Everyman level.

Hero's Warp (Su): Beginning at 12th level, as a move action, an Everyman may teleport a distance equal to his base land speed.

Unstoppable Strikes (Ex): Beginning at 13th level, an Everyman's attacks ignore damage reduction, hardness, and miss chances, and always deal lethal damage to creatures with regeneration.

Plane Shift (Su): Beginning at 16th level, an Everyman may transport himself to another plane, as though using a plane shift spell, three times per day. The effective caster level is equal to his Everyman level.

Hero's Teleport (Su): Beginning at 16th level, an Everyman may teleport himself great distances, as though using a greater teleport spell, three times per day. The effective caster level is equal to his Everyman level.

Hero's Return (Su): Beginning at 17th level, once per month, upon being killed, an Everyman is immediately returned to life as though by a true resurrection spell.

TrueJordan
2014-02-05, 09:04 PM
I like it! Simple yet elegant. I wonder which of the classes this guy would easily wreck, and I'm gonna agree that yeah, he definitely holds his own on T3, especially the upper classes.

nonsi
2014-02-06, 04:27 AM
Nice thought experiment (I'm assuming that practically sums up the purpose of this class).

D-naras
2014-02-06, 07:53 AM
So this guy is basically superman at 20 level. Super speed, super flight, super tenacity, super fighting. It makes sense. Now make a magical version and we can play dnd with just 2 classes!

I like how it works like a mundane action hero in E6 and then evolves in to a flying wolverine in regular dnd.

Grod_The_Giant
2014-02-06, 11:17 AM
Nice thought experiment (I'm assuming that practically sums up the purpose of this class).
Pretty much, yeah. After collecting all of my best 'brew for Giants and Graveyards (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=329161), I realized that none of it was particularly simple. (At best, we get factotum- and warlock-style classes). And I was wondering if you could get something simple enough for the "I just want to hit things" players that can still contribute to any situation where they were inspired, T3 style.

Ultimately, I'm not super-happy with him, though. I mean, I think he works mechanically, but flavor-wise he's really inconsistent, what with the whole "when suddenly, magic transportation powers" bit. Not quite sure how to salvage that, or even if it's worth salvaging...

ddude987
2014-02-06, 08:30 PM
I feel like this is almost as awesome as Factotum. In fact, I would play this at least for one level in place of Fighter when making a gish build.

The Mormegil
2014-02-07, 02:42 PM
Give it a time/space theme. A warrior that bends timespace and uses it as a weapon. These warriors never truly die, because their conscience merges and elude time boundaries, always available in the past and in the future for those who know how to look. You can then proceed to create an organization, spacetime enemies, magic items and a few spells (because this is d&d and everything must power up casters :smallsigh:). You now have a flavorful expansion.

You can do away with the consciousness thing but it helps explain everyskill. Of course, I kinda doubt you really need Everyskill to make this T3 and if you're worried to make it T3, you can always add some time-based divination effects. As for "keeping this simple", first I doubt there's much difficulty in using most divination spells (at least for the player...). Second, a cohesive theme and appearance will go a LONG WAY in making something understandable and easy to play. If you can do what you expect to be able to do, you will have an easier time doing it (it seems tautological, but it is actually a pretty good design rule: don't fight player instincts, help them instead).

---

All skills are class skills: go for a psionic flavor. Suddently, every skill makes sense. I doubt you need this for T3. It is definitely simple though.

Everyskill: you can dip in the merged consciousness of past and future Everywarriors, gaining their abilities. How much you can see in that madness is bound by your level, hence the level cap.

Strike: the damage is dealt because you distort the body of your enemy, causing internal organs damage or something. Or perhaps you make the target age. Or maybe you get this with your pretty blade (see below).

Hero's Inspiration: pretty obvious. You peek into the future. Or the common mind.

Speed Boost: you can speed up with time powers.

Hero's Rush: ditto.

Everyweapon: you craft a weapon out of timespace as a swift action. Breaching into soulblade territory but who cares. It's funcionally identical to your thing, but has (arguably?) better flavor. You can obviously craft any weapon you'd normally be able to wield, and switching between weapons is like drawing a weapon.

Bonus Action: time boost yay.

Easy Iteratives: time speed up etc.

Hero's Luck: rewind time x times per day to reroll something!

Hero's Flight: you levitate with space powers.

Hero's Resilience: temporal regeneration, you restore yourself to a previous state.

Hero's Warp: duh.

Unstoppable Strikes: your everyweapon crafting is just too good. No creature may survive the spacetime blade!

Plane Shift: spaaaaaaace powers!

Hero's Teleport: more.

Hero's Return: you go back in time. Because screw rules.

Everytalent, Everyarmor: i got nothing. But Everytalent seems tacked on and can probably be subbed out. Everyarmor also seems rather pointless. If you want, you can probably give something timey-wimey at level 1 and 2, something minor but cool that gives utility. Perhaps augury a number of times per day at level 2, by looking at the future. And past sight at level 1, to look into the past of a place for a bit.