PDA

View Full Version : Blinker Homebrew Class

WanderinCourier
2014-02-06, 03:37 AM
Ok first off i just want to say i take absolutely no credit from this Homebrew. I stumbled upon it, and it caught my fancy.

My friends and I mostly play D&D 3.5 and I was wandering if you guys and Gals thought this was a balanced class/How it could be balanced.

Also if it is, What kind of advice/feats would you suggest for this sort of character.

http://www.dandwiki.com/wiki/Blinker_%283.5e_Class%29

Thats the link for the Wiki Page i found on it. I appreciate any/all feedback! Thank you!

Chaos_Laicosin
2014-02-06, 06:17 AM
It is an interesting class. It seems more as though it relies on teleportation, since the action of blinking has its own specific rules which this class does not address.

Otherwise... Some of the text gets confusing through the use of poor grammar. I think Blink Clone is saying that you teleport so fast that you are in 3 places at once, with each "clone" moving independently. If that is the intent, I would remove the DC 35 reflex from it and increase the number of uses to maybe 1+int mod/day. I'd also say that the 3 "clones" can never be more than 30feet apart or something like that...

I believe Blink Feint could be better summarized as: A single target with which you are engaged in combat can be treated as flanked at your discretion. The target must be designated at the start of your turn. I also might add a 50% miss chance for that target's attacks against you, since you are teleporting in front of and behind them.

Actually, I would probably remove all instances of reflex saves noted against the blinker. They are your own trained abilities, you should be able to use them flawlessly on command.

Also, "Weapon focus (light)" at level 5 and 8 doesn't make any sense. Weapon focus is applied to a single weapon (like a scimitar), not an entire category of weapons. The same with improved critical at 6th level, a specific weapon must be selected. I'd probably get rid of the weapon focuses and improved critical as class feats. Perhaps throw in a bonus feat instead, or a selection from some list of special abilities. Let the blinker decide what role he wants to take.

This class seems to be a rogue replacement in all aspects except for the ability to spot and disarm high DC and magical traps.

Newwby
2014-02-06, 11:43 AM
-snip-
Also, "Weapon focus (light)" at level 5 and 8 doesn't make any sense. Weapon focus is applied to a single weapon (like a scimitar), not an entire category of weapons. The same with improved critical at 6th level, a specific weapon must be selected. I'd probably get rid of the weapon focuses and improved critical as class feats. Perhaps throw in a bonus feat instead, or a selection from some list of special abilities. Let the blinker decide what role he wants to take.

Could be a custom unearthed arcana weapon group (http://www.dandwiki.com/wiki/UA:Weapon_Group_Feats) or short hand for light blades? Seems unusual as a class feature regardless