PDA

View Full Version : Puchidols! Petit Idols! WiP and P.E.A.C.H.

CrazyYanmega
2014-02-09, 03:07 PM
I am thinking of creating a campaign where the players find, care for, and partner up (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YwDordcWNLU&list=PLwazKLaN7rLg0eISesk8vIFWFMLN4vi1s) with little critters called Puchidols (http://www.batoto.net/read/_/58353/puchimsu_v1_ch01_by_namassuka). Some, like Afuu, have very few powers at all and are just cute. Others, like Yukipo (Dig Holes Anywhere), have powers that are underwhelming in appearance but could be utilized creatively. And some, like Io(At-Will Disintigrate), Chibiki(Summon Animals and Magical Beasts), and Makochii (Major Grappling Ability) are very strong. Harukasan (Gremlin, except only weakened by sunlight) is a galloping force of fear and destruction.

But first I need to actually convert these critters (http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Characters/TheIdolmaster-Puchimasu) to a 3.5 d20 format. First, I need to figure out their size. Does Tiny work? Also, should they be Humanoids, Fey, or Aberrations?

Debihuman
2014-02-10, 10:26 AM
Would this fit better in D20 Anime than straight 3.5?

They look like Tiny Fey so that's a start. Unfortunately, I am not familiar enough with these to be much help. Your links didn't show them doing anything.

Debby

CrazyYanmega
2014-02-10, 12:50 PM
Would this fit better in D20 Anime than straight 3.5?

They look like Tiny Fey so that's a start. Unfortunately, I am not familiar enough with these to be much help. Your links didn't show them doing anything.

Debby

True, but I'm not familiar with the d20 Anime setup, and I also want to inflict, er, GIFT these little monstrosities, er, cuties on somewhat unsuspecting players.

EDIT: Of all the days to need to take the Monster Manual back to the Library. Anyone got the damage for a Tiny Slam attack?

CrazyYanmega
2014-02-10, 08:19 PM
Let us start with the simplest of the Puchidols, Yayo.

http://static.tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pub/images/Yayo_1512.jpg

Yayo
Tiny Fey
HD 2d6-2 (5 HP)
Speed 20 ft. (4 squares)
Init: +1
AC 13; touch 13; flat-footed 12
(+1 Dex, +2 Size)
BAB +1; Grp -13
Attack Slam +1 melee(1d3-2)
Full Attack Slam +1 melee(1d3-2)
Space 2 1/2 ft.; Reach 0 ft.
Special Attacks Winter Coat
Special Qualities Detect Coins, DR 5/Cold iron or nonlethal, Scent, Fey Traits, Immunity to Cold, Low-Light Vision, Spell-Like Abilities
Saves Fort -1 Ref +4 Will +5
Abilities Str 6, Dex 13, Con 8, Int 9, Wis 14, Cha 17
Skills Appraise +3*, Climb +1, Escape Artist +5, Jump +2, Hide +12, Perform (Dance) +8, Survival +4*
Feats Run, Track (B)
Environment Urban
Organization Solitary
Challenge Rating 2
Treasure Coins only, Double Gold
Alignment Always Neutral Good
Advancement 3-5 HD (Tiny); 6-15 HD (Small)
Level Adjustment -

HEY! That's my silver piece, you liddle midgit!

Uuuu~

...Okay, ya can keep that one, but that's the last time!

Yayo acts a bit like an impish street urchin. If loose change falls on the ground, she is quick to snatch it up, but if caught she will tearfully return the coin. Why she hoards coins is hard to know. She never spends them, just chews on them. Those who earn her trust will often receive coins if they are purchasing something with her.

Yayo can understand Common, but cannot speak it, nor can she speak any other language. She does make "Uuu-uuu" noises, though, and people can try to understand her nuances.

Detect Coins (Su.): Yayo can detect coins in a manner similar to Detect Magic. This ability is alway active, but Yayo can suppress it as a swift action.

1st Round: Presence or absence of coins.

2nd Round: Number of different groups of coins and rough size of each group

3rd Round: The exact value and type of coinage.

Spell-like Abilities (Sp.): At-will: Charm Person, (Will DC 14). Save DCs are Charisma Based.

Winter Coat (Ex.): Whenever Yayo is exposed to cold temperatures (between 0° and 40° Fahrenheit during the day, 10 to 20 degrees colder at night) or during a cold snap (whenever the ambient temperature lowers by -10° F or more), her hair grows dramatically as a standard action. She entangles everyone within 10 feet with her hair unless they succeed on a Reflex save (DC 9). Anyone already grappling Yayo when her hair grows is automatically entangled (no save). A creature can break free from her hair and move half its normal speed by using a full-round action to make a DC 20 Strength check or a DC 20 Escape Artist check. The save is Strength-based. Yayo can suppress this ability as a standard action.

Skills: Yayo gets a +8 racial bonus to Appraise checks when dealing with coins, and a +8 racial bonus to Survival checks when tracking by Scent.

Combat: Yayo avoids conflict when possible. If facing a single opponent she will attempt to use Charm Person. If this works, she will attempt to get a few coins from the charmed opponent before making her getaway. If this doesn't work, she may attempt a bribe instead.

CrazyYanmega
2014-02-11, 11:11 PM
Someone please help me. I need to know what the "Class Skills" for Fey are, and what the damage for a Tiny Slam attack is.

Zaydos
2014-02-11, 11:15 PM
Someone please help me. I need to know what the "Class Skills" for Fey are, and what the damage for a Tiny Slam attack is.

Class skills for creatures are whatever skills are in their entry; i.e. whatever you decide to give them.

And normally 1d3 (1d3-2 in this case due to Strength modifier).

CrazyYanmega
2014-02-11, 11:22 PM
Class skills for creatures are whatever skills are in their entry; i.e. whatever you decide to give them.

And normally 1d3 (1d3-2 in this case due to Strength modifier).

You are a lifesaver.

EDIT: Yayo is complete, barring fluff and battle strategy. Working on Chibiki.

CrazyYanmega
2014-02-12, 02:43 AM
http://static.tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pub/images/Chibiki_9754.jpg

Chibiki
Tiny (Fey)
HD 9d6+21 (52 HP)
Speed 30 ft. (6 squares);
Init: +2
AC 10 (+2 size, -2 Dex); touch 10; flat-footed 12
(AC DETAILS)
BAB +4; Grp -2
Attack Slam +8 melee(1d3+2)
Full-Attack Slam +8 melee(1d3+2)
Space 2 1/2 ft.; Reach 0 ft.
Special Attacks Tearful Summon
Special Qualities Clumsy, DR 5/Cold iron or nonlethal, Spell-like Abilities, Low-light Vision, Fey Traits
Saves Fort +5 Ref +4 Will +7
Abilities Str 14, Dex 7, Con 15, Int 7, Wis 12, Cha 14
Skills Bluff + 14 , Diplomacy +14, Perform(Dance) +4, Ride +14*, Sense Motive +13
Feats Augment Summoning, Mounted Combat, Ride-By Attack, Improved Initiative, ToughnessB
Environment Urban and Tropical Wilderness
Organization Solitary
Challenge Rating X
Treasure Standard
Alignment Any Good
Advancement 10-11 HD (Tiny); 12-21 (Small)
Level Adjustment -

Clumsy (Ex.): Whenever Chibiki moves more than 25 ft. in one round or fails a Strength-based skill check, there is a 10% chance that she will fall prone and take 1 point of nonlethal damage.

Tearful Summon (Su.): Whenever Chibiki takes at least 1 point of damage (including non-lethal damage), Chibiki will cry as a Free Action. This cry may cause a random creature to be summoned at the beginning of her next turn, as determined by the table below. There is a 25% chance that a creature will be summoned. The summoned creature willingly obeys Chibiki's commands until dismissed or 1 hour has passed, and automatically attacks perceived threats. Chibiki may only have a maximum of 2 summoned creatures at any one time.

{table=head]d6 | Summon
1 | Riding Dog
2 | Black Bear
3 | Crocodile
4 | Dire Badger
5 | Cockatrice
6 | 5-headed Hydra[/table]

Spell-like Abilities (Sp.): At will—Speak with Animals; 3/day—Charm Monster (DC 17) Caster level 9th. Save DCs are Charisma based.

Skills: Chibiki has a +4 racial modifier to Ride checks (included in the stat block). Furthermore, she does not take the -5 penalty for riding bareback when she rides a riding dog without a saddle.

AkazilliaDeNaro
2014-02-12, 03:08 AM
Question: Would a Supernatural Summoning ability be put under special attacks or special qualities?

I think qualities because...

Special Attacks: Any special ability not gained by feats that the creature can use to directly attack another creature (except spell-like abilities) is listed in this section and described below the statistics block. Save DCs for a creature's abilties are set at 10 + 1/2 HD + relevant modifier.

{table=head]Modifier | Applicable Attack
Strength | Physical trauma
Dexterity | Accurate attacks, called shots
Constitution | Breath weapons, poison
Intelligence | Arcane spellcasting, telepathy
Wisdom | Divine spellcasting, perception
Charisma | Spell-like abilities, gaze attacks, anything not listed above[/table]

Special Qualities: Any special ability that doesn't fit into the Special Attacks section goes here, including features like radiated auras and spell-like abilities. Again, do not include feats in this section and describe the abilities underneath the statistics block. Calculate any necessary Save DCs the same way.

CrazyYanmega
2014-02-12, 04:09 AM
Okay, before I go any further I'd like to ask what the more experienced forum-goers think. Estimated CR? Mechanics problems?

Debihuman
2014-02-12, 10:17 AM
If you summon another creature to fight for you, it belongs under Special Attack. See mephit in SRD as an example here: http://www.d20srd.org/srd/monsters/mephit.htm

Fax's stat block is ugly. Use a proper one. Full Attack is two words.

Hit points 2 x 3.5 = 7. 7-2=5

Natural attacks always crit ob 20 for double damage so you don't have to put it in stat block.

Low-light vision should be in stat block under special ability.

Yayo has 25 skill ranks and can have up to 5 ranks in any skill. I am not sure how you assigned skills. It looks like she has 6 skills and so 5 have 4 ranks and one has 5 ranks. I am guessing you put 5 ranks in Perform (Dance), Tiny creatures have a +8 size bonus on Hide that you forgot. She doesn't have survival skill or Scent so she doesn't get any bonus to track.

Detect coins should be suppressed as a swift action. There is no such thing as a "minor" action.

Winter Coat should be a Special Attack. Why isn't there a reflex save to avoid being entangled? Grappled creatures should automatically be entangled. Temperate means mild temperature and is the wrong word for her winter coat ability. This ability should be tied to the weather or environment (see cold and cold snap in environment in SRD). Also, cold immunity is a separate special ability and shouldn't have to be tied to winter coat.

Yayo has no description. You need to add text to flesh her out. If she is proficient with a weapon, put that weapon in the stat block.

Yayo
Tiny Fey
Hit Dice: 2d6-2 (5 hp)
Speed: 20 ft. (4 squares)
Initiative: +1
Armor Class: 13 (+1 Dex, +2 size) touch 13; flat-footed 12
BAB/Grapple +1/-13
Attack: Slam +1 melee (1d3-2)
Full Attack: Slam +1 melee (1d3-2)
Space/Reach: 2½ ft./0 ft.
Special Attacks: Winter coat
Special Qualities: Detect coins, fey traits, immunity to cold, low-light vision, spell-like ability
Skills Appraise*+4, Climb +2, Escape Artist +5, Hide +13, Jump +2, Perform (Dance) +8
Feats Run, Track (B)
Environment: Urban
Organization: Solitary
Challenge Rating: 1
Treasure: Coins only, Double Gold
Advancement: 3-5 HD (Tiny)
Level Adjustment: —

Combat

Yayo avoids conflict when possible. If facing a single opponent, she attempts to charm her opponent, ask for coins, and then make her getaway. If this fails, she may attempt a bribe instead.

Detect Coins (Su): Yayo can detect coins in a manner similar to a detect magic spell. This ability is always active, but Yayo can suppress it as a swift action.

Spell-like Ability (Sp): At will—charm person (DC 14). Save DC is Charisma-based.

Winter Coat (Ex): Whenever Yayo is exposed to cold temperatures (between 0° and 40° Fahrenheit during the day, 10 to 20 degrees colder at night) or during a cold snap (whenever the ambient temperature lowers by -10° F or more), her hair grows dramatically as a standard action. She entangles everyone within 20 feet with her hair unless they succeed on a Reflex save (DC 9). Anyone already grappling Yayo when her hair grows is automatically entangled (no save). A creature can break free from her hair and move half its normal speed by using a full-round action to make a DC 20 Strength check or a DC 20 Escape Artist check. The save is Strength-based. Yayo can suppress this ability as a standard action.

Skills: Yayo gets a +8 racial bonus to Appraise checks when dealing with coins.

Chibiki has the wrong bonus hit points. Looks like it should be 21 not 121.
Why are her HD so much higher than Yayo?

Debby

CrazyYanmega
2014-02-12, 01:16 PM
Yayo has 25 skill ranks and can have up to 5 ranks in any skill. I am not sure how you assigned skills. It looks like she has 6 skills and so 5 have 4 ranks and one has 5 ranks. I am guessing you put 5 ranks in Perform (Dance), Tiny creatures have a +8 size bonus on Hide that you forgot. She doesn't have survival skill or Scent so she doesn't get any bonus to track.

Okay, I think I'll start her skills over from scratch. Thanks for the tip.

Yayo
Tiny Fey
Hit Dice: 2d6-2 (5 hp)
Speed: 20 ft. (4 squares)
Initiative: +1
Armor Class: 13 (+1 Dex, +2 size) touch 13; flat-footed 12
BAB/Grapple +1/-13
Attack: Slam +1 melee (1d3-2)
Full Attack: Slam +1 melee (1d3-2)
Special Attacks: Winter coat
Special Qualities: Detect coins, fey traits, immunity to cold, low-light vision, spell-like ability
Skills Appraise*+4, Climb +2, Escape Artist +5, Hide +13, Jump +2, Perform (Dance) +8
Feats Run, Track (B)
Environment: Urban
Challenge Rating: 1
Treasure: Coins only, Double Gold
Advancement: 3-5 HD (Tiny)

Combat

Yayo avoids conflict when possible. If facing a single opponent, she attempts to charm her opponent, ask for coins, and then make her getaway. If this fails, she may attempt a bribe instead.

Detect Coins (Su): Yayo can detect coins in a manner similar to a detect magic spell. This ability is always active, but Yayo can suppress it as a swift action.

Spell-like Ability (Sp): At will—charm person (DC 14). Save DC is Charisma-based.

Winter Coat (Ex): Whenever Yayo is exposed to cold temperatures (between 0° and 40° Fahrenheit during the day, 10 to 20 degrees colder at night) or during a cold snap (whenever the ambient temperature lowers by -10° F or more), her hair grows dramatically as a standard action. She entangles everyone within 20 feet with her hair unless they succeed on a Reflex save (DC 9). Anyone already grappling Yayo when her hair grows is automatically entangled (no save). A creature can break free from her hair and move half its normal speed by using a full-round action to make a DC 20 Strength check or a DC 20 Escape Artist check. The save is Strength-based. Yayo can suppress this ability as a standard action.

Skills: Yayo gets a +8 racial bonus to Appraise checks when dealing with coins.

Thank you for this. It will be put to good use.

Chibiki has the wrong bonus hit points. Looks like it should be 21 not 121.
Why are her HD so much higher than Yayo?

Debby

121 was because I was half-asleep when I was typing. Chibiki has more HD because she canonically takes a lot more punishment than the others. Also, I feel that Yayo should have the lowest amount of HD of the Puchidols. Average is gonna be around 4-6 HD, with only Makocchi breaking the double digit barrier.

HaikenEdge
2014-02-12, 07:00 PM
I feel like Chibiki's Tearful Summons should be an Free Action, as opposed to an Immediate Action, since an Immediate Action requires her to have an unused Swift Action; maybe have the creature arrive on her turn to even it out, but I really kind of see her crying as something that doesn't even take an action (ie, effort).

Debihuman
2014-02-13, 04:54 AM
I think you need to balance tearful summons as it far too powerful in comparison to the summon ability of other creatures of similar HD. Generally, a summoned creature has a percentage chance of showing up (See Summon special ability here: http://www.d20srd.org/srd/specialAbilities.htm#summon).

Tearful Summon (Su): Whenever Chibiki takes at least 1 point of damage (including non-lethal damage), Chibiki will cry as a Free Action. This cry may cause a random creature to be summoned at the beginning of her next turn, as determined by the table below. There is a 25% chance of a creature being summoned. The summoned creature willingly obeys Chibiki's commands until dismissed or until its hour is up, whichever comes first. A summoned creature automatically attacks perceived threats.

Any more than 25% chance is going to drag out combat needlessly. Also, summoned creatures can only remain for 1 hour.

With Int 7, Chibiki has 40 skill ranks she can use. With 10 skills, she has 4 ranks in each.

16 skill ranks for her first hit die (6-2 =4. 4 x4=16) plus 4 skill ranks per HD for the rest of her HD ( 8x4=24). 16 + 24= 40 skill ranks total.

I'm not sure I understand her feats. Aside from a summoned riding dog, what creature is she riding that she would have mounted combat and ride-by attack?.

If you attempt to ride a creature that is ill suited as a mount, you take a -5 penalty on your Ride checks. Most of the creatures on her summon list are suitable mounts. Also, she has no saddle so she takes an additional -5 penalty to her ride checks.

Chibiki has a -8 to her Ride skill to ride Most of her summoned creatures (4 ranks, -2 Dexterity modifier, -5 penalty from inappropriate mount, -5 peatly for bareback). Even with a riding dog, she is at -3 to her Ride checks.

She could have up to 12 ranks in Ride, but you'd need to adjust her skill list.

What she should have is a better list of skills to match her feats. Augment Summoning was an excellent bonus feat. However, she really needs a better Ride skill to use mounted combat more effectively.

Debby

HaikenEdge
2014-02-13, 10:10 AM
Honestly, I feel like Chibiki's animal list needs to be just animals, as opposed to beasts, magical beasts and such.

CrazyYanmega
2014-02-13, 12:56 PM
I'm thinking of giving Chibiki some sort of "Bareback Rider" ability. Also removing most of the riding combat related feats.

Made it so that Tearful Summons only works twice in a given encounter, since she's been shown with a maximum of two summons at a time.

Quite frankly, I'd like to drop the Bulette in favor of some other heavyish Magical Beast. Anyone got a suggestion? I'm also open to suggestions on replacement feats.

Debihuman
2014-02-13, 04:12 PM
I recommend that you look at the source material to see exactly what kind of creature she summons. I don't object to her summoning magical beasts as long as they have an appropriate CR.

If you want to give her a bonus to ride skill that would be fine. You don't need to make up a silly and rather pointless ability just add that she doesn't take the penalty for riding a riding dog to her skills. Special abilities add to CR. You should figure out what CR is FIRST. See Vorpal Tribbles CR estimator (in spoiler) for a good idea of gauging CR.

Vorpal Tribble’s CR estimator

#1. Divide creature's average HP by 4.5 to 6.5.
4.5 for 5 HD or lower, 5 for 6-10 HD, 5.5 for 11-15 HD, 6 for 16-20 HD., 6.5 for 20-25 HD.

#2. Add 1 for each five points above 10 its AC is, subtracting 1 for every 5 below.

#3. Add 1 for each special attack (+2 to +5 or more if it has a decent number of spells in its spell-like abilities).

#4. Add 1 for each quality unless you deem it worthy of more. Add 1 for each resistance and 10 points of DR it has, and 2 for each immunity. Subtract 1 for each vulnerability.

#5. Add 1 for every two bonus feats it has.

#6. Divide total by 3. This should be its rough CR.
If her HD is lower than her CR, that's generally indicative of a poorly designed creature. Generally this means the monster can dish out a lot of damage but can't take it. It becomes a "glass cannon."

Creatures should generally have no more than 1 special per HD (not including those that come from Type, Subtype or Class) unless those abilities are fairly weak (Yayo's detecting coins ability for example).

Monster design is both a mathematical formula and an art. Within the framework of the rules there is very little you can't do. However, it has to hold together cohesively if you want anyone else to like it or use it.

This is why pinpointing the source material is important. Giving Chibiki a racial bonus to her Ride skill (despite her low Dex) might solve all your problems.

Edit:
The DC of Spell-Like Abilities is as follows:
10 + the level of the spell the ability resembles or duplicates + the creature’s Cha modifier.

DC of Chibiki's charm monster ability is wrong: 10 +4 +3 =17

Instead of charm monster at will, it should be 3 times a day. At will is two words.

Spell-like Abilities (Sp): At will—speak with animals; 3/day—charm monster (DC 17) Caster level 9th. Save DCs are Charisma based.

Bulette is too powerful for her tearful summons ability. Should be a creature with 3 HD. This keeps all creatures within 3-5 HD range.

Temp Fixes for Chibiki (she has a size modifier to AC and to Attack). She has 48 skill ranks to use so I'm maximizing her skills. Why the heck does she need Perform (Dance) as a skill?

She is extremely fast for her size.

As she qualifies for Ride-By Attack, she should have Toughness as a bonus feat.

As you had her, she had too few Special Abilities.

Chibiki
Tiny Fey
Hit Dice: 9d6+21 (52 hp)
Speed 30 ft. (6 squares)
Initiative: +2
Armor Class: 0 ( +2 size, -2 Dex); touch 0; flat-footed 0
BAB[/Grapple: +4/-10
Attack: Slam +8 melee (1d3+2)
Full Attack: Slam +8 melee (1d3+2)
Special Attacks Tearful summon
Special Qualities: Clumsy, damage reduction 5/cold iron, falling damage and nonlethal damage, low-light vision, spell-like abilities
Saves: Fort +5 Ref +4 Will +7
Abilities: Str 14, Dex 7, Con 15, Int 7, Wis 12, Cha 14
Skills: Bluff + 14 , Diplomacy +16, Ride +14*, Sense Motive +13
Feats: Augment Summoning, Mounted Combat, Ride-By Attack, Improved Initiative, ToughnessB
Environment: Urban and Tropical Wilderness
Challenge Rating:
Treasure: Standard
Alignment: Any Good
Advancement: 10-11 HD (Tiny); 12-21 (Small)

Clumsy (Ex.): Whenever Chibiki moves more than 25 ft. in one round, there is a 10% chance that she will fall prone and take 1 point of nonlethal damage.

Spell-like Abilities (Sp): At will—speak with animals; 3/day—charm monster (DC 17) Caster level 9th. Save DCs are Charisma based.

Tearful Summon (Su.): Whenever Chibiki takes at least 1 point of damage (including non-lethal damage), Chibiki will cry as a Free Action. This cry may cause a random creature to be summoned at the beginning of her next turn, as determined by the table below. There is a 25% chance that a creature will be summoned. The summoned creature willingly obeys Chibiki's commands until dismissed or 1 hour has passed, and automatically attacks perceived threats. Chibiki may only have a maximum of 2 summoned creatures at any one time.

{table=head]d6 | Creature Summoned
1 | Riding Dog
2 | Black Bear
3 | Crocodile
4 | Dire Badger
5 | Cockatrice
6 | 5-headed Hydra[/table]

Skills: Chibiki has a +4 racial modifier to Ride checks (included in the stat block). Furthermore, she does not take the -5 penalty for riding bareback when she rides a riding dog without a saddle.

Debby

CrazyYanmega
2014-02-13, 06:53 PM
I recommend that you look at the source material to see exactly what kind of creature she summons. I don't object to her summoning magical beasts as long as they have an appropriate CR.

Monster design is both a mathematical formula and an art. Within the framework of the rules there is very little you can't do. However, it has to hold together cohesively if you want anyone else to like it or use it.

This is why pinpointing the source material is important. Giving Chibiki a racial bonus to her Ride skill (despite her low Dex) might solve all your problems.

Edit:

Bulette is too powerful for her tearful summons ability. Should be a creature with 3 HD. This keeps all creatures within 3-5 HD range.

Temp Fixes for Chibiki (she has a size modifier to AC and to Attack). She has 48 skill ranks to use so I'm maximizing her skills. Why the heck does she need Perform (Dance) as a skill?

She is extremely fast for her size.

As she qualifies for Ride-By Attack, she should have Toughness as a bonus feat.

As you had her, she had too few Special Abilities.

Debby

Perform (Dance) was in there for source material reasons. And I couldn't find this thing (http://www.batoto.net/read/_/64098/puchimsu_v1_ch20-b_by_namassuka/4) in a reasonable CR rating, so Dire Badger works.

Also, I am very careful to get as close to the source material as possible.

Debby, you are a great help, and I suspect I will be depending on you in the future as well. Thank you for all the hard work!

Debihuman
2014-02-13, 08:14 PM
You're welcome. I like helping design creatures. I recommend that you lose Perform Dance as a skill regardless of the source material since it doesn't seem to have much bearing. She is still a little light on Special Abilities.

She can summon a bolvole (whatever that is). We could make up stats for it. I guess it looks like a small bear.

Debby

CrazyYanmega
2014-02-14, 12:39 AM
Hmm. I see you suggest DR cold iron on Chibiki. Wouldn't that completely nullify the damage from Clumsy unless she tripped on a cold iron floor? Also, should I add this DR to all of the Fey-type Puchidols? (There is one Outsider and one Aberration.)

Debihuman
2014-02-15, 11:36 AM
Hmm. I see you suggest DR cold iron on Chibiki. Wouldn't that completely nullify the damage from Clumsy unless she tripped on a cold iron floor? Also, should I add this DR to all of the Fey-type Puchidols? (There is one Outsider and one Aberration.)

Possibly, but she still falls prone. You can change her damage reduction to damage reduction 5/cold iron, falling damage and nonlethal damage.

Debby

CrazyYanmega
2014-02-18, 12:53 AM
http://static.tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pub/images/Harukasan_5706.jpg

Harukasan
Tiny Aberration
HD 7d8+7 (Average HP)
Speed X ft. (X squares); ALT SPEEDS
Init: +3
AC 16; touch 11; flat-footed 7
(+2 Size, -1 Dex, +5 Natural)
BAB +X; Grp -
Attack Bite +7 (1d4+2 plus Slobbering Bite)
Full Attack Bite +7 (1d4+2 plus Slobbering Bite)
Space X ft.; Reach X ft.
Special Attacks Slobbering Bite,
Special QualitiesDevil Mode, Water Multiplication, Water Enlargement
Saves Fort +X Ref +X Will +X
Abilities Str 15, Dex 8, Con 13, Int 5, Wis 8, Cha 12
Skills
Feats Improved Natural Attack (Bite), Weapon Focus (Bite), Improved Initiative
Environment
Organization Name (Number appearing)
Challenge Rating X
Treasure X gold; X gems; X art; X magical items
Alignment
Advancement by TYPE; Favored Class
Level Adjustment +X

Water Multiplication (Su.): Harukasan multiplies in water. As long as the water is liquid and below 70 degrees Fahrenheit, Harukasan will multiply. Volumes of liquid between 1-15 fluid ounces create 1 additional Harukasan for each ounce of water. More than that creates a Harukasan Swarm 90% of the time, or a Giant Harukasan the remaining 10%. A Harukasan Swarm is also produced every round a Harukasan is exposed to rain. Harukasan Swarms can further multiply when exposed to water.

Slobbering Bite (Ex.): A sucessful Bite or Swarm attack deals an additional 1 Wisdom Damage.

Devil Mode(Su.): (http://www.batoto.net/read/_/66146/puchimsu_v2_ch23-b_by_namassuka/4) If Harukasan is fed between midnight and dawn, her Devil Mode activates. Harukasan gains a +4 bonus to STR, DEX, and CON; +2 bonus to all saves; Bite and Swarm Damage increases by 1d6; and Slobbering Bite deals 2 Wisdom damage instead of 1.

Sunlight Powerlessness (Ex.): Harukasan is powerless in natural sunlight (not merely a daylight spell) and flees from it. A Harukasan caught in sunlight cannot attack and can take only a single standard action or move action per round.

Harukasan Swarm
Tiny Aberration (Swarm)
HD HD (Average HP)
Speed X ft. (X squares); ALT SPEEDS
Init: INITIATIVE
AC X; touch X; flat-footed X
(AC DETAILS)
BAB +X; Grp -
Attack Swarm 2d6+Slobbering Bite
Full Attack Swarm 2d6+Slobbering Bite
Space X ft.; Reach X ft.
Special Attacks
Special Qualities
Saves Fort +X Ref +X Will +X
Abilities Str X, Dex X, Con X, Int X, Wis X, Cha X
Skills
Feats
Environment
Organization Name (Number appearing)
Challenge Rating X
Treasure X gold; X gems; X art; X magical items
Alignment
Advancement by TYPE; Favored Class
Level Adjustment +X

CrazyYanmega
2014-02-18, 01:44 AM
Okay, time for the all out STRANGEST of the Puchidols, and I have some questions regarding her abilities. Here is a chapter of the manga that I am using to source her most important abilities. (http://www.batoto.net/read/_/161094/puchimsu_v5_ch55_by_world-three/4) I would like to know whether the ability names I have chosen fit, and whether they are Special Attacks or Special Qualities.

Water Multiplication (Su.): Harukasan multiplies in water. As long as the water is liquid and below 70 degrees Fahrenheit, Harukasan will multiply. Volumes of liquid between 1-15 fluid ounces create 1 additional Harukasan for each ounce of water. More than that creates a Harukasan Swarm 90% of the time, or a Giant Harukasan the remaining 10%. A Harukasan Swarm is also produced every round a Harukasan is exposed to rain. Harukasan Swarms can further multiply when exposed to water.

Giant Harukasan (Su.): Harukasan becomes huge. Her Bite damage increases to 2d6+STR, and probably some kind of natural armor bonus, but what are the typical bonuses and penalties for such a drastic increase in size? Giant Harukasan does not multiply in water.

Slobbering Bite (Ex.): A sucessful Bite or Swarm attack deals an additional 1 Wisdom Damage.

Devil Mode(Su.): (http://www.batoto.net/read/_/66146/puchimsu_v2_ch23-b_by_namassuka/4) If Harukasan is fed between midnight and dawn, her Devil Mode activates. Harukasan gains a +4 bonus to STR, DEX, and CON; +2 bonus to all saves; and Slobbering Bite deals 2 Wisdom damage instead of 1.

Sunlight Powerlessness (Ex.): Harukasan is powerless in natural sunlight (not merely a daylight spell) and flee from it. A Harukasan caught in sunlight cannot attack and can take only a single standard action or move action per round.

EDIT: Could someone also teach me how to make a swarm?

AkazilliaDeNaro
2014-02-18, 04:45 AM
Okay, time for the all out STRANGEST of the Puchidols, and I have some questions regarding her abilities. Here is a chapter of the manga that I am using to source her most important abilities. (http://www.batoto.net/read/_/161094/puchimsu_v5_ch55_by_world-three/4) I would like to know whether the ability names I have chosen fit, and whether they are Special Attacks or Special Qualities.

Giant Harukasan (Su.): Harukasan becomes huge. Her Bite damage increases to 2d6+STR, and probably some kind of natural armor bonus, but what are the typical bonuses and penalties for such a drastic increase in size? Giant Harukasan does not multiply in water.

Devil Mode(Su.): (http://www.batoto.net/read/_/66146/puchimsu_v2_ch23-b_by_namassuka/4) If Harukasan is fed between midnight and dawn, her Devil Mode activates. Harukasan gains a +4 bonus to STR, DEX, and CON; +2 bonus to all saves; and Slobbering Bite deals 2 Wisdom damage instead of 1.

Sunlight Powerlessness (Ex.): Harukasan is powerless in natural sunlight (not merely a daylight spell) and flee from it. A Harukasan caught in sunlight cannot attack and can take only a single standard action or move action per round.

EDIT: Could someone also teach me how to make a swarm?

Mogwais! any who swarm details Here (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/monsters/swarm.htm)

CrazyYanmega
2014-02-23, 03:50 AM
How many Hit-dice do you think a Harukasan swarm should have?

Any suggestions for improvements before I continue?

EDIT: That link didn't really help too much on making swarms. Just showed what they are.