PDA

View Full Version : Parry Feat Home brew Help

WanderinCourier
2014-02-16, 05:02 PM
Hey y'all,

We're playing a D20 Star Wars campaign, I'm playing a Fallen Jedi/Early Sith Apprentice. Well my design of a character i have two LightSabers, one is a Shoto Blade that is attached to my left forearm, while in my right hand i have the standard blade. I'm wanting to design some sort of parry feat so i can possibly block attacks with my off hand and counter them while i have their defense open.

I can't Find any official feats/Talents for this and I'm not the best at this Homebrew stuff yet. If y'all can give me some design tips/advice on how to make this Balanced yet still helpful I'd love you forever.

Eulalios
2014-02-17, 09:22 PM
A real simple implementation that isn't just TWF, would be to grant some kinda alternate critical that reflects the possibilities inherent in a main+parry weapon style. For example, on any crit you could choose to confirm for damage or disarm, or to skip confirm and just impose a penalty of YOUR LEVEL on the opponent's next attack roll.

CrazyYanmega
2014-02-18, 02:56 AM
You mean something like the Dark Souls Parry? (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=II0jN7hkoXY)

I am not familiar with the Star Wars system, but perhaps something like having to ready an action, then if the first opponent to attack you in melee misses, you can make an attack of opportunity that deals weapon damage multiplied by your critical multiplier.