PDA

View Full Version : Shooting star (a ToB archery discipline) [PEACH]

chainer1216
2014-02-16, 07:41 PM
so, a few days ago i asked about homebrewed ToB styles, specifically an archery one, i was given a link to an awesome thread that had collected MANY different homebrewed disciplines, and that was great, and there were a bunch of archery styles, but they all felt off to me, and as i was looking through all of them my brain started to form its own thing, i typed is all out in a sort of stream of thought form, so sorry about it not being alphabetical... or really having any sort of order other than level, and this is just a short description of each maneuver, rather than the full rules text, but i hope the RAI is obvious enough.

saves are calculated with 10+1/2 initiator level+dex, all strikes can only be initiated within your first range increment.

1st:
Called Shot: Hand, strike, +1d6, reflex save or drop one held item.
Long draw, stance, bow deals +1 die of damage
Eye of the Eagle, boost, +10 insight bonus to a spot check, can be used as an immediate action
Shooting Star, strike, +1d6+initiator lvl, max 10

2nd:
Call Shot: Leg, strike, +2d6, fort save or move at 1/2 speed for 1d4 rounds
Pierce the Shadows, boost, ignore concealment
Starstruck Foe, counter, when foe targets you with a charge make an attack, if successful foe stops its movement 5ft out of its reach of you.

3rd:
Called Shot: Foot, strike, +3d6, reflex save Vs being unable to move from current square(2rnds)
Eye of the Hunter, strike, spot check = damage
Through the Trees, Boost, ignore cover
Full Draw, stance, power attack with bow

4th:
Called Shot: Arm, strike,+4d6, fort save Vs one arm(or wing) becoming useless for 1d4 rounds
Split the Arrow, strike, if attack hits it duplicates the damage/adverse effects of any previously successful attack made by you, if a save was involved the target gets another save Vs the same DC
Weakest Link, boost, next attack targets touch AC

5th:
Called Shot: Chest, strike, +5d6, ref Save Vs staggered for 1d4 rounds
Max Draw, stance, power attack with bow, you are considered two handing it
Tactical Retreat, counter, when damaged in melee, make immediate double move and a free ranged attack at the end.
Star Shower, strike, full attack, +extra attack at full BAB, all attacks deal +1d6+initiator level

6th:
Called Shot: Head, strike, +6d6, fort save VS being knocked prone and being stunned for 1 round
Eye of the Master Hunter, strike, damage = spot check x2
Grazing Shots, boost, next attacks in round inflict 1d6 bleed damage for ½ initiator rounds
Lucky Star, counter, when ally becomes targeted by a foe, gain attack against that enemy, if successful they have to make a fort save or lose the action.

7th:
Called Shot: Eye, strike, +7d6, reflex save Vs permanently losing an eye/gaze attack
One with the Bow, stance, ignore all range penalties, allows use of maneuvers beyond first range increment, ignore miss chances.
Starburst Arrows, stance, all non-strike attacks deal damage in a 10ft radius, centered on the original target.
Peregrine Arrow, strike, 120ft line attack, +8d6 damage, penetrates cover

8th:
Called Shot: Heart, strike, +8d6, fort Vs instant death
Nest of Bees, strike, 60ft cone, +8d6 damage, uses 2 arrows per target hit
Twin Stars, Boost, initiate 2 strikes as a standard action

9th:
Wrath of the Stars, strike, +30ft radius, can also target the corner of a square, normal damage+50 , uses 20 arrows(full quiver).

so...thoughts? (and yeah, i know some of these could use better names, i'm open to suggestions)

Allnightmask
2014-02-16, 11:47 PM
I like what I'm seeing, I could see myself using this with a character. It covers lots of situations. I really liked the called shots status conditions and splitting the arrow for aesthetics and comboing critical hits. Good job.

chainer1216
2014-02-17, 07:31 PM
I like what I'm seeing, I could see myself using this with a character. It covers lots of situations. I really liked the called shots status conditions and splitting the arrow for aesthetics and comboing critical hits. Good job.

thanks! my personal favorite Split the Arrow combo is with Called Shot: Eye, though at the level where that's an option being blinded permanently isn't so permanent.

anyway, i went through the list, cleaned up/cleared up and renamed a few of the manuevers, hopefully that makes things better.