PDA

View Full Version : Series: The Walking Dead

ravenkith
2007-01-30, 10:12 AM
Ok, so I recently picked up the five graphic novels released so far for this comic book series.

Despite the fact that I normally don't like black & white anything (I have some vision problems that make it difficult to read/focus on anything that doesn't have color), I really enjoyed this book.

It had me hooked from the start, regardless of the presence of some of the most overused cliches of the genre, and harkens back to various zombie films, speaking directly to how normal people would probably react to such a situation, as opposed to the morons who get to be characters in the movies about the subject.

Opinions? Thoughts?

Piedmon_Sama
2007-01-30, 05:42 PM
Walking Dead is genius. Been a while since I read it, so I can't comment in a lot of detail, but even if Zombie stories aren't normally "your thing," the character arcs and skillful drama make it worth reading anyway. Even if you don't like a character (and there were plenty I didn't like) you can identify with them to the extent that you understand where they're coming from, which is a sign of good writing. There's also good things to be said about the art, which is variously subtle and shocking at all the right moments.

Definitely one of the best independant (well, non-DC/Marvel) comics to come out in recent times.

valis
2007-02-23, 10:38 AM
Ok, so I recently picked up the five graphic novels released so far for this comic book series.

Despite the fact that I normally don't like black & white anything (I have some vision problems that make it difficult to read/focus on anything that doesn't have color), I really enjoyed this book.

It had me hooked from the start, regardless of the presence of some of the most overused cliches of the genre, and harkens back to various zombie films, speaking directly to how normal people would probably react to such a situation, as opposed to the morons who get to be characters in the movies about the subject.

Opinions? Thoughts?

The lack of peopole who havn't commented on this thread is shocking. If you like zombies (I love zombies myself) then get off your ass and buy first TBP.

ravenkith
2007-02-23, 11:29 AM
Yeah response to this thread has been pretty lackluster, which surprised me considering the enthusiastic responses re: the what would yo do in: a zombie apocalypse thread...

Nightwing
2007-02-26, 08:49 PM
I don't know what any of this is about and I don't care.