PDA

View Full Version : "The Lost" Campaign Template?

The 8th Sin
2007-01-30, 09:35 PM
I'm already half-way through an adventure based upon the race the Lost from Magic of Incarnum. I modified the concept to fit into 8 sins instead of 3. These sins are the 7 Cardinal Sins, Jealousy, Wrath, Pride, Greed, Lust, Gluttony, and Sloth, plus the 8th Sin, something I made up myself. The most powerful of each sin (they are paragons of sorts)(not the template) have banded together and are ruled by The 8th Sin. The problem is, I just recently realized that I'm going to need to mess with the templates to make it work. I'm terrible with templates and I was wondering if you guys could give me some suggestions.

Saint George
2007-01-31, 12:52 AM
I am just curious what the 8th sin actually is...

sigurd
2007-01-31, 04:03 PM

Home Brewed 0 LA races

Twisted.Fate
2007-01-31, 04:30 PM
Home Brewed 0 LA races

This post provides 100% of the daily recommended dose of Win.

Thomar_of_Uointer
2007-01-31, 06:26 PM
Simple enough. Give each sin its own unique incarnum ability. Maybe a soulmeld or something.

Gluttony: Natural 1d8 bite attack, heals 1/2 damage dealt, add invested essentia as an enhancement bonus to attack and damage rolls.
Greed: Filcher jaunt, becomes incorporeal for one round plus an additional round per point of essentia invested whenever it disarms someone.

See where this is going?

Anger could work just like rageclaws. Sloth would force anyone affecting him with anything in any manner to make a Will save or be stunned for one round. Lust radiates a permanent sympathy, thus surrounding herself by thralls, and can transfer it temporarily to others to cover her trail. Envy can substitute any nearby character's ability scores for its own, and add invested essentia to any copied ability score (anything you can do, I can do better!) Pride could work just like lust's, but with antipathy.

The 8th Sin
2007-02-01, 02:59 PM

The 8th Sin is complex. It's the desire to be good, self-hate, and the Pride to deny that you have any internal conflicts. These things may seem unrelated to one another, but they make one fluid sin. Someone inflicted with the 8th sin is constantly tortured by the idea that they are doing wrong, while simultanously commiting evil acts simply because they want someone to forgive them; they can't be forgiven unless they do something that would have to be forgiven. Any villain who turns good in a book, movie, ect. is at least slightly afflicted with the 8th sin.

The 8th Sin
2007-02-01, 03:08 PM
Simple enough. Give each sin its own unique incarnum ability. Maybe a soulmeld or something.

Gluttony: Natural 1d8 bite attack, heals 1/2 damage dealt, add invested essentia as an enhancement bonus to attack and damage rolls.
Greed: Filcher jaunt, becomes incorporeal for one round plus an additional round per point of essentia invested whenever it disarms someone.

See where this is going?

Anger could work just like rageclaws. Sloth would force anyone affecting him with anything in any manner to make a Will save or be stunned for one round. Lust radiates a permanent sympathy, thus surrounding herself by thralls, and can transfer it temporarily to others to cover her trail. Envy can substitute any nearby character's ability scores for its own, and add invested essentia to any copied ability score (anything you can do, I can do better!) Pride could work just like lust's, but with antipathy.

The only one of these characters who is of an Incarnum class is Anger, so Greed for instance, could not invest essentia in that abillity. Of course, It's not too late to add these abilities and change their classes. Because they're powerful villains, the only one they've seen fight is Greed.