View Full Version : The Annoyomancer PrC

ObsidianRose
2007-01-30, 10:08 PM
The Annoyomancer

Requirements:
Ability: No more than 10 Wisdom
Skills: Diplomacy 10 ranks, Perform (any 4) 6 ranks
Special: Bardic Music, Bardic Knowledge, Raven Familiar
Roleplaying: Must have caused a death simply by incessant talking, Must have the ability to talk,

Annoyomancer
{table=head]Level|Base Attack Bonus|Fort Save|Ref Save|Will Save|Special

1st|
+0|
+2|
+0|
+2|Quiver of Annoyriel, Poison Use, Ability Decrease (Wisdom –1), Prestidigitator
2nd|
+1|
+3|
+0|
+3|Annoyomancy, Skill Focus (Diplomacy), Ability Decrease (Wisdom –2), Genderbender

3rd|
+2|
+3|
+1|
+3|Loud, Force of Personality, Aura of Annoying, Ability Score Decrease (wisdom –1)

4th|
+3|
+4|
+1|
+4|Impossible Annoyance, Nonability Score

5th|
+3|
+4|
+1|
+4|Taunt, Androgynous

6th|
+4|
+5|
+2|
+5|Insurrection
7th|
+5|
+5|
+2|
+5|Legion’s Diplomacy, Advanced Aura of Annoying

8th|
+6|
+6|
+2|
+6|
9th|
+6|
+6|
+3|
+6|Deathwish

10th|
+7|
+7|
+3|
+7|Aura of Suicide[/table]

Class Skills: The annoyomancer’s class skills (and the key ability for each skill) are Appraise (Int), Balance (Dex), Bluff (Cha), Climb (Str), Concentration (Con), Craft (Int), Decipher Script (Int), Diplomacy (Cha), Disguise (Cha), Escape Artist (Dex), Gather Information (Cha), Hide (Dex), Jump (Str), Knowledge (all skills, taken individually) (Int), Listen (Wis), Move Silently (Dex), Perform (Cha), Profession (Wis), Sense Motive (Wis), Sleight of Hand (Dex), Speak Language (None), Spellcraft (Int), Swim (Str), Tumble (Dex), and Use Magic Device (Cha).
Skill Points at Each Level 6 + Int modifier.

Class Features

Weapon and armor proficiency: The annoyomancer gains no proficiencies in weapons or armor

Quiver of Annoyriel (Su): The annoyomancer seemingly never runs out of his favorite annoying trick. The annoyomancer has a permanent pouch growing in his mouth that contains a fukimi bari whenever he needs one, although he may not be proficient. These always come coated in drow knock-out poison.

Poison Use (Ex): The annoyomancer never risks accidentally poisoning himself.

Ability Decrease (Ex): The annoyomancer gradually gets more and more annoying, losing his common sense as he goes along. These are cumulative.

Prestidigitator (Sp): The annoyomancer has a permanent prestidigitation spell on himself.

Annoyomancy (Su): The annoyomancer can use any bardic music abilities he has access to that provide a numerical bonus, but these songs instead target enemies and apply the bonus as a morale penalty. This can also be used to foil countersongs, and disrupt suggestions or fascinations.

Skill Focus (Diplomacy): The annoyomancer gets this feat for free. If he has it, it stacks.

Genderbender (Sp): The annoyomancer gets a permanent form of alter self that can only be used to change gender, developing appropriate body parts and proportions. This can be activated and deactivated at will.

Loud (Ex): All ranges on sound-based abilities and speech from the annoyomancer are doubled. He takes a –4 penalty on all listen and move silently checks.

Force of Personality (Su): The annoyomancer’s will saves are now based on half of his charisma bonus.

Aura of Annoying (Ex): Any creature that can hear the annoyomancer takes –3 on all d20 rolls but gains +4 on damage against the annoyomancer

Impossible Annoyance (Su): The annoyomancer’s annoyomancy, aura of suicide, deathwish, and aura of annoying affect plants, undead, and constructs

Nonability Score: The annoyomancer no longer needs a wisdom score to function

Taunt (Ex): A number of times per day equal to his ranks in diplomacy, the annoyomancer can cause a number of hostile creatures equal to his class level attack him and fly into a barbarian rage. They are treated as if their constitution was 2 points lower. The range is based on hearing range for speech.

Androgynous (Ex): The annoyomancer no longer has a gender. It gains alternate form (opposite gender)

Insurrection (Ex): The annoyomancer can use diplomacy checks to worsen attitudes between two creatures. Use the diplomacy chart in reverse for this.

Legion’s Diplomacy (Su): The annoyomancer only needs to make 1 diplomacy check for every 100 creatures he tries to influence

Advanced Aura of Annoying (Ex): Spellcasters must make a concentration check to cast spells within hearing range of the annoyomancer. The DC is 10 + class level + charisma bonus.

Deathwish (Sp): Once per day per four points of charisma bonus, the annoyomancer can cause a creature to attempt suicide. The DC for the will save is equal to half of a diplomacy check. If successful, the creature only deafens itself.

Aura of Suicide (Sp): Once per day, the annoyomancer may duplicate the effect of Deathwish, but affect any creatures within 100 feet. The DC is equal to 20 + charisma bonus. The annoyomancer loses the ability to talk for 1 hour afterwards.

Deus Mortus
2007-01-30, 10:12 PM
O_O I take it this is based of a person you know?

ObsidianRose
2007-01-30, 10:36 PM
It's based on my 18 charisma, 4 wisdom half elf bard. Party face, but really gullible. Quite a loveable fella, and when he settled down as a woman to dodge an assassins' guild, he opened the college of annoyomancers. He used prestidigitation all the time, and often diplomacy'd the BBEG that was 5 levels higher into letting them win. So the DM made me retire him. He ironically has no levels in this.

mikeejimbo
2007-01-30, 11:21 PM
BEST CLASS EVER.

Seriously, base, prestige, variant or otherwise, this is the best class I've ever seen. It made me laugh.

For some reason, "Hehe, Roy has boobies" came to mind.

Indon
2007-01-30, 11:27 PM
If you ask me, the class should give a -1 wisdom per level.

What? _I_ think it's funny!

mikeejimbo
2007-01-30, 11:52 PM
Well, at level 4 it doesn't matter anymore anyway.

Black Mage
2007-01-30, 11:59 PM
This class is freaking awesome...I might use this for an NPC in a future game...

Great work!

Indon
2007-01-31, 12:14 AM
Well, at level 4 it doesn't matter anymore anyway.

It's not the bard who would have the class, it's his disciples.

They can max out at 10 wisdom.

AmberVael
2007-01-31, 12:16 AM
Wow... it takes alot to make me literally laugh out loud, but this did it. Good job!

Icewalker
2007-01-31, 01:26 AM
HAH, I love it! Reminds me of me, a few years ago....hehehehe....yeah.

I especially like Deathwish and Aura of Suicide. Maybe you should throw in some form of gibberish ability...

Infectious Gibberish:
The Annoyomancer may spout random gibberish, forcing everyone within hearing range of him to make a will save, DC 15+cha mod, or they lose the ability to speak in any coherent language for 24 hours. They constantly spout gibberish, giving them a -5 on move silently checks, and giving all around them (including them) a -5 on listen checks. This gibberish cannot be understood by any form of comprehend languages, magical or not.

Callos_DeTerran
2007-01-31, 02:27 AM
Lol! This is a good homebrew creation that, surprisingl enough, I am considering using myself as a BBEG's chief assasin I can only imagine the comedy when my PC's got to visit a formerly plot important contact to hear.

"No, you can't go talk to him, he died! No, no one killed him. He committed suicide....Why?..because some idiot wouldn't shut up and -insert NPC's name here- and everyone else within a 100 ft decided life wasn't worth it and offed themselves....whadda mean that sounds like someone you know?"

I do have a single bone to pick! This definitly shouldn't be just male! While I am in favor of some male only prestiege classes (Females have all the good gender specific ones) I've meet some females that have quite obviously gotten to level 5 of this class but in your rendition, thats impossible.

Closet_Skeleton
2007-01-31, 11:32 AM
I do have a single bone to pick! This definitly shouldn't be just male! While I am in favor of some male only prestiege classes (Females have all the good gender specific ones) I've meet some females that have quite obviously gotten to level 5 of this class but in your rendition, thats impossible.

Prestige class requirements are always based off being special. Females get all the good gender specific classes because girlfriendless games designers have the stupid idea in their head that females are "special" while males are "the norm'".

I hope that wasn't too offensive. The alternative explaination is that the only games designers that care about gender requirements are ones that always play female PCs (and are usually male) so they don't care that male characters wouldn't be allowed into the class.

Of course, everyone should remember the true original male only Prc. Tremble from the manliness of;

the Eunuch Warlock.

nonsens
2007-01-31, 01:18 PM
This class sounds hilarious!
Besides being based on your half-elf, is it also partially based on Elan?

Green Bean
2007-01-31, 02:23 PM
Brilliant! It's like :elan: meets Erfworld :smallbiggrin:

ObsidianRose
2007-01-31, 02:24 PM
I'd like to say that I read OotS after I made my helf bard, but I think Elan has some levels in it. And the there's no way to add gibberish without upsetting the balance further. Oh, and it's male only because females disguised as males just aren't funny. Oh and for those of you who wondered about my bard's fate, an angry petitioner of a former party member offed him. During child birth, his old friend Do'Nau came to "her" maternity ward and cast dispel magic while "she" was in labor. It really wasn't pretty, seeing taht contract and stuff.

Mr Pants
2007-01-31, 02:33 PM
and now you guys know what it is like to be in a party with this guy (I'm the party barbarian)

Eighth_Seraph
2007-01-31, 06:15 PM
Dot. Dot. Dot.

Interesting. The class is awesome if the mood's light enough, but I see no reason for 'Genderbender' at all.

Also; you have my condolences, Monsieur Pants.

Mr Pants
2007-01-31, 06:50 PM
thank you seraph; the class has genderbender b/c it is based off of his character who had an alternate form that was female

Terror_Incognito
2007-01-31, 07:33 PM
I think this is fantastic. :smallbiggrin:

Especially the Impossible Annoyance. When I read that I had this image of a Golem with its fingers in its ears yelling, "LA LA LA I'M NOT LISTENING, LA LA, I CAN'T HEAR YOU!!!"

HILARIOUS

ObsidianRose
2007-01-31, 07:56 PM
As for mood, we took this character through Ravenloft and a campaign in the Abyss. Yeah, we had Asmodeus and Strahd plugging ears too. Of course, he had Subsonics, so they never knew when his songs started. Impossible annoyance is simply a combination of Requiem, Greensinger, and our homebrew Golemsinger

Mr Pants
2007-01-31, 09:01 PM
I think this is fantastic. :smallbiggrin:

Especially the Impossible Annoyance. When I read that I had this image of a Golem with its fingers in its ears yelling, "LA LA LA I'M NOT LISTENING, LA LA, I CAN'T HEAR YOU!!!"

HILARIOUS

what a coincidence! My character is an awakened golem who has had to do that a few times

Raistlin1040
2007-01-31, 09:15 PM
Move over dashing swordsman. I can so see elan taking this class.

Lord Magtok
2007-01-31, 09:47 PM
Has Rex Idiotarum taken this class yet?

(For those not in the know, he is the starter of gender bender week, and I'm sure he is an epic level annoyomancer by now.)

Mewtarthio
2007-01-31, 11:07 PM
Does Deathwish automatically kill the victim, or is it like the Death Urge power (they make a single, max damage attack on themselves, run directly in front of enemies, jump off cliffs, etc).

Rex Idiotarum
2007-01-31, 11:32 PM
3rd level, Magtok.

Roderick_BR
2007-02-01, 08:57 AM
Oh, yeh gods... Imagine a Kender taking levels in this thing... :smallbiggrin:

Closet_Skeleton
2007-02-01, 11:23 AM
Oh, yeh gods... Imagine a Kender taking levels in this thing... :smallbiggrin:

That's like a dragon taking dragon diciple levels.

Which they can't, but Savage Species says Dragons can be cross-bred with dragons of differant type.

ObsidianRose
2007-02-01, 09:07 PM
Deathwish is the spell-like equivalent to Death Urge. Notice the (Sp) tags? But seriously someone, is it balanced? I wanna introduce this in game.

Neek
2007-02-02, 10:08 AM
Lemme see here...

The most powerful ability is Aura of Suicide, which becomes available at tenth level. Since a character needs, what seems to be, at least level 7 (10 ranks in Diplomacy) to even start this class, they'd be level 17 by the time they get this power. The equivalent power (Death Urge) is available to a Psion by level seven.

Looking at the other power (since the highest level power isn't always a good indication)... while it gains a lot of debuffs, especially good ones when not directed to itself (with Aura of Annoyance, it seems the Annoyomancer'll fall a lot in battle. The priest's only raising the guy by duty alone). Annoyomancy is an amazing reversal of the Bard's own musical ability; it's a feature I can see on a serious prestige class. The debuffs seem to effect even party members, which again is nice. The Annoyomancer doesn't gain any spell levels (a familiar is an indication of spell level requirements--I don't know how else you'd acquire one).

Overall, the Annoyomancer doesn't help the party much; while they can make enemies blabber incoherently, make them want to impale themselves on a spike, and whatnot... the party'll end up doing the same. The class is unbalanced if played with the wrong intent--in a campaign with a little roleplaying and meta-thinking, the Anoyomancer will be a great debuff as long as you stay out of earshot of him. But if roleplayed properly, this class balances itself out.