PDA

View Full Version : What is V's secret? ( Not about his/her/its gender)

Geaine
2007-02-01, 09:33 AM
In #328 when Roy asks the party if they are ready for the Test of Heart Elan says " Right gang? We have nothing to hide from each other!". Haley looks startled by this and so does Vaarsuvius. We know that Haley has many deep dark secrets but what is V hiding...?

Green Bean
2007-02-01, 09:59 AM
Secrets? :vaarsuvius: doesn't have any secrets. :vaarsuvius:'s never tampered with the fundamental order of the universe. That would be wrong...

Andiamo
2007-02-01, 01:35 PM
It's been said before, but maybe :vaarsuvius: created the :mitd:

the_tick_rules
2007-02-01, 01:47 PM
well maybe it was i think V knows a few of hlaey secrets and was worried they may come out to.

Secchi
2007-02-01, 01:53 PM
In the very first comic V is listed as "keeper of a thousand arcane secrets". With each one that could drive you mad!

I don't think I've read many.

blatto
2007-02-01, 02:24 PM
Could be the simple fact that V played tonsil hockey with Belkar. The proto-brain experiment had been discussed just a few strips before.

Silverlocke980
2007-02-01, 06:03 PM
Everyone has a secret... the comic has been slowly expanding this for some time.

Elan's is his twin brother, which he didn't know he had. Roy's is his father, which the others still don't really acknowledge. Haley is roiling with secrets I'm not getting into right now. Durkon was kicked out of his homeland because he'll... do something to it... (not revealing, it's in Origin of PCs, I think).

If anyone, Belkar, the resident psycho, is the only character with no secret. I do wonder what V's secret is...

Perhaps he's a hermaphrodite?

Andiamo
2007-02-01, 10:13 PM
Wait... maybe V just didn't want his/her gender revealed, and that was all.

Setra
2007-02-01, 10:34 PM
If anyone, Belkar, the resident psycho, is the only character with no secret.

I disagree, I think his secret is the reason he became psychopathic.

Geaine
2007-02-02, 02:48 AM
I don't think V is too concerned with the gender debate. It's probably not something that she/he/it even feels worthy of attention. After all, arcane knowledge doesn't care about gender.

Belkar probably has a few secrets, like where the bodies are buried but nothing that he is afraid of surfacing. He seems like a happy-go-lucky psycopath, if his secrets come out he'll just stab whoever finds out and bury them too.

Roy and his father are not secret. The rest of the party knows about Roy and his dads visitations.

Elan is very open and the only secret I can see him having is his past employment record.

Haruki-kun
2007-02-02, 12:17 PM

*GASP* I think that deserves:
DUN DUN DUN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Seriously, though, Ihdn't noticed that before. I knew about Haley, but......

Sage in the Playground
2007-02-02, 04:42 PM

I can't believe someone remembered my theory.