PDA

View Full Version : The Temple of Inari XXXVII



Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6

Fenric
2007-02-01, 02:20 PM
You have entered the temple of Inari, in her capacity as the Goddess of Foxes.

You walk down an elegant white gravel pathway between full-grown pines. Stone lanterns provide a pure white light to the path, while casting elegant shadows among the trees.

At the end of the pathway, a bright red gate stands. A large fox carved from white alabaster gleams at each side of the gate. As you pass between the foxes and through the gate, you feel the presence of the goddess. Gentle and caring, but mischievous and lighthearted, you are never quite certain what will happen.

Past the exquisite formal gardens, you finally step into the pagoda itself. There, at the end of chamber is a raised dais. There rests a statue of a beautiful werefox woman, flanked by two snow-white celestial foxes. Offerings of rice and incense stand before the statue.

In a niche off to the right side of the door sits a Fox-Cola vending machine. Next to the coin slot, the sign reads "10 cp";.

To the left side of the door is a magic mirror. This mirror is actually a portal to Trog's Tavern.

Temple Maphttp://i58.photobucket.com/albums/g265/ttstocks/NewTempleMap.gif
http://i58.photobucket.com/albums/g265/ttstocks/TempleUnderground.gif
Temple Viewhttp://i58.photobucket.com/albums/g265/ttstocks/Temple.gif
Profile for InariAlignment: Chaotic Good
Primary Domains: Good, Plant, Chaos, Healing
Secondary Domains: Magic, Sun, Animal, Trickery, Knowledge, Water
Forbidden Domains: Evil, Law, War, Death, Destruction

Goddess of the cultivation and growth of rice, including rice products. This gives her minor coverage for fertility. She is also the racial goddess of foxes, werefoxes, and kitsune.

Priest Granted Powers

Rice Paddy: Once per day
As Entangle, but the ground changes to knee-deep mud, and instead of creepers, mature rice plants twist and writhe to grapple anything in the area.

Sushi Bar: Once per day
You create rice, fish, and sake. You can create enough to feed one medium sized creature for each two caster levels.

Summon Celestial Fox: Special
You summon an image of Myobi (if you are a priestess) or Myobu (if you are a priest). The fox has HD equal to your level plus your wisdom bonus. In combat, the fox fights the same as a normal fox, but with appropriate bonuses for HD.

Cumulative Fox Abilities
{table="Head"]Priest Level|Times per Day|Special
1|1|Fight, scout, and Cure Minor Wounds
3|2|Cure Light Wounds
5|3|Status
7|4|Magic Circle Against Evil
9|4|Cure Serious Wounds[/table]
Temple Facilities

Everything but the Sanctuary and Garden has Dimensional Lock. The entire facility is Hallowed as per the spell with the Bless effect.

- Sanctuary: the main sanctuary has the altar. This is where you must pray to speak to the goddess directly. There is a general magic circle in the center of the room.

- Meditation Gardens: accessed through a door at the far end of the sanctuary. This is a standard zen garden with raked gravle, shady nooks, picturesque pines, stone lanterns, and small intricate bridges. An artifical stream hosts large koi, and a grand cherry tree resides on a picturesque island in the middle of a good sized pond.

- Priest's Quarters: accessed by going down the stairs "halfway down the sanctuary, to the right", which leads to a covered pathway (technically under the garden).

- Summoning chamber (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=31471)

Priests
High Priest: Fenric (PC)

Council of Head Priests
{table]Chairman / Head of Services|Exachix NorZilliar (PC)
Head of Clerics|Atreyu, The Masked Llama (PC)
Head of Accounts|Valathe (PC, Hoseki)
Head of Healers|Elya (PC, Earin)|Head of Facilities
Head of Facilities|Hachiro (NPC)
Secretary|Anna (PC, seftsirag)[/table]Priests

Aramir (PC, Kyrian/Ares)
Rain (PC)
Aikidu (PC, guest cleric: not a priest of Inari)
Voxendi (PC, Gezina)
Knight Defenders of the Faith
This is a prestige class developed with the help of Fenric, Earin, Kantur, Planeshifter, Rilik, Exachix, and Psionic Devotee. Here is the SRD-style Description. (http://homepage.mac.com/stocksdale_tx/KnightDefenderOfInari.html)

Earin (PC)
Ilias (PC)
Aikidu (PC)
Conrad (PC, Kyrian)
Karsen (PC, Exachix)

InaVegt
2007-02-01, 02:23 PM
The aura's do not disappear.

AmberVael
2007-02-01, 02:24 PM
Elya shrugs.
I have no idea what to tell you.

InaVegt
2007-02-01, 02:26 PM
The elf falls asleep.

Deadly
2007-02-01, 03:01 PM
Arden flies in and looks around. Ilias turns to him and smiles Hi. How are you doing today? Not training I see. Arden grins and shakes his head No, I was thinking of going to that new city, perhaps help out a bit there. Ilias blinks Ah... wouldn't it be a bit cold for you? Arden thinks Well... I'm sure I can figure something out.

Fenric
2007-02-01, 03:02 PM
(( Ted adds a few more lines to his personal "Big Book of House Rules":

"The spirit of the Celerity spells are such that none can never be used more than once in the same round, and cannot be used in combination in the same round."

"The Arcane Fusion spell cannot fuse another Arcane Fusion spell". ))

Fenric and Myobi yawn and look around. The sanctuary is much quieter now that everyone is done leaving.

Deadly
2007-02-01, 03:05 PM
Arden thinks a bit Except... I suppose there's no pond there. Or if there is it must be frozen. he sighs, trying to figure out if this sudden idea was such a good one after all

Fenric
2007-02-01, 03:10 PM
Fenric chuckles

The WinterHearth pond can't even be dug out until late Spring, but there will be one eventually.

Deadly
2007-02-01, 03:13 PM
He shrugs Well, since this temple is only a step through the portal away it's not really such a problem. he turns to Fenric If you could use some help there, that is.

Fenric
2007-02-01, 03:15 PM
Fenric nods

Oh, there's lots to do still. The city was significantly damaged when it was overrun. Many areas of the walls need repair, most every building is damaged at least a little, and many of the city gates are broken. They also need help with the hunting and fishing parties to bring in food while everything gets set up - they have no real stores worth mentioning.

Ms_Elaneous
2007-02-01, 03:17 PM
The displacer beast appears inside the doorway of the temple. He sniffs at the air and catches a few new scents mingled with that of the old ones. Now fairly secure in the temple, this having been his third visit, he casully prowls around the sanctuary.

Deadly
2007-02-01, 03:21 PM
Arden lights up Hunting and fishing, that's something I can do. I suppose I could figure the rebuilding out as well.

Ilias smiles Well, doesn't sound like the worst idea to me. Just be careful.

Arden smiles and nods I will.

Fen3
2007-02-01, 03:25 PM
An unfamiliar, white-furred fox with icy blue eyes walks in through the portal to WinterHearth. He is dressed in a white, furry hide of some animal and doesn't seem to be one of the settlers from the temple.

He looks around carefully, taking note of the temple and the people in it. Finally, he speaks in heavily accented common

I seek Fenric, priest. I wish offer service to Inari.

Ms_Elaneous
2007-02-01, 03:27 PM
The displacer beast turns rapidly to face the newcomer and begins to sniff the air around him, attempting to identify the scents that the fox carries.

Deadly
2007-02-01, 03:28 PM
Ilias and Arden turns to the new fox, both a bit surprised

Exachix
2007-02-01, 03:30 PM
((Back))

Mitsuya sighs and gets to work cleaning various parts of the Sanctuary.

Fenric
2007-02-01, 03:31 PM
Fenric blinks and gestures to the newcomer

I am Fenric, the High Priest. Can you tell me a little about yourself?

Fen3
2007-02-01, 03:34 PM
The newcomer walks over to Fenric and bows

I Inuk'chula, of razor-ice tribe. We watch long time: we see fight between blood-scythes and demon-lovers. We see fox and red fox people come to city and drive away evil.

When we see more come from this place, we come to see leader. He tell us many thing. Tell us of Inari, and this place, and dark place. I ranger, and I come to Inari in thanks for giving us home.

Fenric
2007-02-01, 03:47 PM
Fenric blinks at Inuk, and looks at Myobi, who just shrugs. Fenric turns back and bows politely.

Very well, Inuk'chula. We gratefully accept your service and welcome you.

Um... we don't have a formal process for rangers. That's all there is, really.

Myobi finally can't restrain her curiousity

This is going to sound awkward, but there's no better way to ask: What are you? You aren't a kitsune, and there's an aura of cold around you that I am not at all familiar with.

Ms_Elaneous
2007-02-01, 03:49 PM
The displacer beast faintly smells what he believes is some sort of evergreen like pine along with some other less noticable smells.

Exachix
2007-02-01, 03:51 PM
Exachix yawns in the bed and wakes up slowly, before looking over at Krystal to see if she's awake or not.

Fen3
2007-02-01, 04:01 PM
(( It's winter-wolf hide he is wearing. Those with Scent can tell. ))

Inuk bows somewhat crudely, and lower than the situation calls for.

I thank you, Fenric priest.

He grins at Myobi

I ice werefox. We descend from fox that live on Plane of Ice. We... cousins of yours. Great father fox came to plane of ice long ago, we came from his life.

Deadly
2007-02-01, 04:08 PM
Arden flies off to get himself some fish. Ilias sits down and listens to the conversation

Ms_Elaneous
2007-02-01, 04:25 PM
The displacer beast continues wandering around the temple aimlessly.

Exachix
2007-02-01, 04:36 PM
[Quarters]

Fox-Exachix sighs and snuggles up to Krystal, assuming she's not under pillows again, If she is he justs leans on the pillows, not knocking them over, and stays under the duvet. he closes his eyes and drifts off to sleep.

[Sanc.]
Lorrian heads to bed, soon after, as does Karsen.

((Goodnight Everyone))

Fenric
2007-02-01, 04:39 PM
( Priest's Quarters )

Krystal snuggles up with Exachix and soon falls fast asleep.

(( Goodnight, Exy! ))

Kyral
2007-02-01, 05:01 PM
Kyral appears in the Temple, without flame, a sound, or any sign of warning. He looks around, surprised, then laughs heartily; he makes his way into the Gardens.

Fenric
2007-02-01, 05:02 PM
Fenric, Myobi, and Inuk all look at Kyral, and then shrug as he heads out to the garden.

Kyral
2007-02-01, 05:07 PM
Kyral walks around, appreciating the foliage, and then notices the pond. He walks to it and sits by its edge, watching the koi.

Deadly
2007-02-01, 05:19 PM
Arslan appears in a swirl of mist and looks around. Ilias looks up and smiles Hi Arslan. Arslan smiles and nods at him Greetings.

Fenric
2007-02-01, 05:20 PM
Fenric and Myobi wave to Arslan

Hi, Arslan!

Deadly
2007-02-01, 05:22 PM
Hi. How are things going around here?

Fenric
2007-02-01, 05:27 PM
Fenric smiles

Pretty good. The big wave of people went off to WinterHearth today, so things around the temple are going to be quieter than they had been.

Deadly
2007-02-01, 05:30 PM
That sounds nice. he says and goes to get a fox cola

Fenric
2007-02-01, 05:52 PM
Fenric sits back down next to Myobi. Inuk wanders around, looking a bit on the uncomfortably warm side.

Would you like us to get you something a little lighter than that? You really aren't going to enjoy wandering around here in a fur robe.

Fen3
2007-02-01, 05:53 PM
Inuk nods

Please, yes. Too warm.

Deadly
2007-02-01, 05:55 PM
Arslan looks out into the garden and sips his fox cola thoughtfully.

Hoseki
2007-02-01, 05:55 PM
Gatamu appears and peers at Fenric. "No news on the people you know of that I may eat yet?" he asks, tail twitching.

Kyral
2007-02-01, 06:00 PM
Kyral continues watching the koi, seemingly fascinated. Suddenly one of his hands is filled with fish food; he sprinkles it over the water and they quickly come to the surface to eat.

McBish
2007-02-01, 06:04 PM
Hospital wing.

McBish and Natalie have been talking, but do to an attack earlier in the morning McBish is to weak to get up and move around. McBish suddenly stops talking as a look of pain comes over his face, after a bit he passes out, Natalie checks his pusle and holds his hand.

Fenric
2007-02-01, 06:10 PM
Fenric sighs

Due to an attack of real life, my player has suspended all major plots. The people in question are rather in limbo right now.

Hoseki
2007-02-01, 06:16 PM
Gatamu sighs. "Even though my player's fine with waiting, I'm not. Mind hurrying it up a bit, Ted?"

((He thinks you should get rid of RL, not I!))

phoenixineohp
2007-02-01, 06:19 PM
((And the firebirds don't have time for major things yet. Let them wait and worry, we'll get there. *Grins evily*))

Deadly
2007-02-01, 07:04 PM
Arslan turns back to the sanctuary and sighs I better be going, I have a lot I should be doing. Take care. he says and disappears.

Fenric
2007-02-01, 07:08 PM
Fenric and Myobi wave farewell to Arslan. Inuk comes out of a side room dressed in a simple set of light leather gear.

McBish
2007-02-01, 07:23 PM
Hospital wing:

McBish opens his eyes and turns his head to face Natalie. Hey. I love you. "I know." Listen there is a letter in my bag. I know. Quiet now, save your strength." She leans down and gives him a kiss. He gives a weak smile and closes his eyes and goes to sleep.

Ms_Elaneous
2007-02-01, 07:59 PM
The displacer beast decides suddenly to leave the temple, and he does so in his usual confusing way.

Seft Sirag
2007-02-01, 08:04 PM
Anna decides to take a break from her work for a while, and go make use of her room for once.

She heads out, and up into her quarters, where she flops down on her bed, and is instantly asleep.

Deadly
2007-02-01, 08:12 PM
Ilias stands up, waves to Fenric and Myobi and leaves.

Fenric
2007-02-01, 09:01 PM
The foxes wave farewell to Ilias and yawn themselves.

McBish
2007-02-01, 09:02 PM
McBish still asleep stiffens and makes a face, it is obvious that he is having another heart attack. Natalie watches him as the color slowly starts to drain from his face.

Fenric
2007-02-01, 09:10 PM
The healers look at McBish and Natalie with concern.

McBish
2007-02-01, 09:13 PM
Natalie doesn't look up from McBish tears start to fill her eyes as McBish's pulse fades away.

Fenric
2007-02-01, 09:17 PM
Concern fades to sadness at the realization that all they could do still wasn't good enough. The healers sit very quietly so as not to disturb Natalie.

McBish
2007-02-01, 09:21 PM
Natalie rests her head on McBish's chest as he stops breathing. "I love you." Tears flow from her eyes.

Fenric
2007-02-01, 09:26 PM
Fenric and Myobi discuss the implications of the ice werefoxes.

McBish
2007-02-01, 09:40 PM
Natalie sits up and finds a letter in McBish's bag and reads it tears still flowing down her face.

Fenric
2007-02-01, 09:48 PM
The healers watch Natalie to make sure she doesn't do anything drastic.

McBish
2007-02-01, 09:53 PM
Natalie finishes reading and sets the note aside. "Neither do I."

Fenric
2007-02-01, 09:55 PM
Fenric and Myobi's discussion turns to content free double-post prevention posts. The healers in the hospital sigh, and a koi in the pond makes a loud splash as it jumps after some choice morsel of food. But overall, the entire temple is eerily quiet with so many people having left.

McBish
2007-02-01, 10:02 PM
Natalie stands up and walks in a daze towards the mirror to Trog's.

Fenric
2007-02-01, 10:03 PM
As Natalie enters the sanctuary, Fenric and Myobi break off their chatting and stand up

Natalie?

Myobi's ears, whiskers, and tail all droop

McBish...?

McBish
2007-02-01, 10:04 PM
Natalie looks over at them with tears in her eyes. She nods to Myobi.

Fenric
2007-02-01, 10:07 PM
Myobi closes her eyes and winces. Fenric looks at the floor.

We're so sorry, Natalie. We did everything we could...

(( I have to go... sorry. ))

McBish
2007-02-01, 10:10 PM
"I know." She looks around. "He knew to. He liked this place."

Deadly
2007-02-02, 01:58 PM
Ilias walks into the sanctuary and looks around

AmberVael
2007-02-02, 03:27 PM
Earin and Elya come out into the sanctuary.

Deadly
2007-02-02, 03:30 PM
Ilias looks up and smiles at them Hi

AmberVael
2007-02-02, 03:31 PM
Hello Ilias.
"Hey."

Ms_Elaneous
2007-02-02, 03:33 PM
The characteristic thud of Evander's footsteps resounds through the temple as he enters. Ms E is sleeping peacefully on his shoulder with Evander's cloak spread over her lap.

Deadly
2007-02-02, 03:35 PM
How are you doing?

McBish
2007-02-02, 03:35 PM
Natalie had walked back into the hospital wing and fallen asleep in the chair next to McBish's bed.

AmberVael
2007-02-02, 03:37 PM
We're fine-
"She's fine. I'm sick of waiting to do something about the Faded. I want to get rid of them now. We need to take action."
Elya sighs and looks at Earin.

Deadly
2007-02-02, 03:42 PM
Ilias sighs Well, I would tend to agree that we need to do something. Who knows when they'll attack next. But we probably should gather some people first.

AmberVael
2007-02-02, 03:46 PM
Earin looks frustrated.
"Well who? Fenric seems occupied, Exachix and Karsen never seem to be around long anymore, Kyrian is settling down, Aikidu is apparently wandering again, and we can hardly just do this with you, Elya, and me!"

Deadly
2007-02-02, 03:50 PM
No, that probably wouldn't go well. he sighs and thinks

AmberVael
2007-02-02, 03:53 PM
"So who can we get to help us?"
Earin sits down with a sigh.

Deadly
2007-02-02, 03:55 PM
What about the members of the guild? I'm sure some of them are available.

AmberVael
2007-02-02, 04:00 PM
Elya shrugs.
We haven't gotten much contact from any of them, actually. Gegiet and Iria seem to be staying away from Town, Remy ran off, Benny and Cid haven't been seen in a while, Kyrian... we already mentioned, Eloquent Rune is scarce, gods know where Deadly is... Iames-
"Is a connection to the police force that we don't want."
Earin says this rather forcefully.

Deadly
2007-02-02, 04:09 PM
Well, we have few options then. I could likely drag Achim away from his studies. I don't know where Deadly would be, he seems to be rather random in where he shows up. Perhaps you could try and contact him somehow?

Seft Sirag
2007-02-02, 04:12 PM
Anna enters the sanctuary, yawning slightly. She waves at those present on her way towards the record room.

AmberVael
2007-02-02, 04:19 PM
We could. I think we have a badge or two left...

Exachix
2007-02-02, 04:21 PM
Exachix wakes late and wanders into the Sanctuary, looking around.

Deadly
2007-02-02, 04:22 PM
Ilias nods Should I contact Achim then?

He waves at Anna and Exachix

AmberVael
2007-02-02, 04:22 PM
Please.

Earin concentrates on his badge, trying to reach out to Deadly telepathically.

Deadly
2007-02-02, 04:27 PM
Ilias nods and concentrates.

There's a sudden smell of muffins as Deadly appears in a swirl of black flames. He looks around with a yawn Huh... oh, hi.

Exachix
2007-02-02, 04:29 PM
Exachix watches and smiles to the muffiny smell.

AmberVael
2007-02-02, 04:30 PM
Hello Deadly.
Earin gives a burst of psionic energy out to Deadly that should instantly transfer the knowledge of what has been discussed and talked about to him.

Deadly
2007-02-02, 04:34 PM
Deadly nods and swallows the rest of the muffin he was holding Ah yes, those shadowy things that ruined the guild. Sounds like fun.

Achim appears in a swirl of mist Well, I suppose I might as well help out. he says with a slight frown.

Seft Sirag
2007-02-02, 04:36 PM
Anna hears Deadly and Achim's comments, and pauses in the records room doorway. She smiles slightly and turns around to rejoin the gathering group. so, you're going after them, then?

AmberVael
2007-02-02, 04:37 PM
"So that makes five of us. I don't know if that will be enough..."
Elya nods to Anna, her face serious.

Seft Sirag
2007-02-02, 04:41 PM
make that six. Anna responds, surprisingly confidently.

Deadly
2007-02-02, 04:42 PM
Ilias looks around Well, it's better than three.

AmberVael
2007-02-02, 04:44 PM
Earin slowly nods.
"Should we go then? The more we delay..."

Exachix
2007-02-02, 04:45 PM
Exachix shakes his head and casts haste on everyone, before Bless.

"I wish you all good luck and the Fallen to fall further."

Seft Sirag
2007-02-02, 04:47 PM
Anna nods, a hand moving subconsciously to her machete

Deadly
2007-02-02, 04:48 PM
Deadly grins I can't wait. Achim shakes his head at the raccoon. Ilias nods Yeah, let's go.

AmberVael
2007-02-02, 04:49 PM
Earin nods and leads the way outside, Elya right behind him.

Seft Sirag
2007-02-02, 04:50 PM
Anna follows them out

Exachix
2007-02-02, 05:02 PM
Exachix smiles and watches them go, wishing them luck, before helping a couple of NPCs who just came in.

Deadly
2007-02-02, 05:04 PM
Ilias, Achim and Deadly follows.

Exachix
2007-02-02, 05:21 PM
After helping the NPCs, Exachix heads off to bed.

Ms_Elaneous
2007-02-02, 05:44 PM
((I assume I can use the NPC's a little bit, right Fenric? If not, just let me know later.))

The displacer beast appears inside the temple with the wounded, unconcious forms of Castaras and Fus in his tentacles. With a hint of distaste, he drops the two of them, as gently as dropping can be, in the floor. A pair of Inari priests move over to the two on the floor and look up at the beast questioningly. He replies shortly, "They fought each other. Perhaps they should be... seperated." The beast also drops Fus' sword near his unconcious form before leaving the temple.

Fenric
2007-02-02, 10:08 PM
Fenric and Myobi go out to the garden

Full moon! Time for our party!

The acolytes bring out a wide array of snacks and sweets... sadly, the message board seems to have something against the party and stalls out badly.

Raistlin1040
2007-02-02, 11:53 PM
Ekrath appears in a teleport and grabs his head in pain due to teleport jetlag

Fenric
2007-02-02, 11:54 PM
Fenric grins and hands Ekrath a cup of saké.

Best thing for a headche is something to drink!

Raistlin1040
2007-02-02, 11:57 PM
Thanks.
He takes a drink and then turns to fenric
So why exactly are we partying?

AmberVael
2007-02-02, 11:59 PM
Verdandi comes inside, smiling.

Kyrian
2007-02-03, 12:01 AM
Kyrian enters the temple.

I guess I did forget...

Fenric
2007-02-03, 12:02 AM
Myobi comes over to Verdandi and hands her a cup of Saké

Greeting, captain. Our temple is honoured by your presence.

Fenric smiles to Ekrath

Tonight is the full of the moon: A sacred night for us, though we are not bound by it. This night resonates among all shapeshifters/

Myobi grins and fetches another cup for Kyrian

Sorry if I disturbed anything. But it is time for our party to be observed again!

AmberVael
2007-02-03, 12:03 AM
Verdandi gives a small blush as she takes the sake. Thank you. It is a pleasure to be here.

Raistlin1040
2007-02-03, 12:03 AM
Really? Well I don't shapeshift but I can grow wings so I might as well.
Ekrath's feathery wings sprout from his shoulders and he takes a breath
I haven't flown in so long...

Kyrian
2007-02-03, 12:04 AM
Kyrian grins as he fades out for a spit second. He returns with Lillah beside him.

McBish
2007-02-03, 12:05 AM
Lillah looks around and raises an eyebrow at Kyrian.

Kyrian
2007-02-03, 12:06 AM
Full moon party....you'd have to ask Myobi, I don't get it fully.

Fenric
2007-02-03, 12:07 AM
Acolytes and servants walk around, bearing trays of fish, bread, and sweets to tempt the partygoers. Sake, beer, wine, tea, and fruit juices are available in abundance. Most of the fruit is citrus or preserved, due to the time of year. The tea is delicate and bitter, having been carefully preserved.

The moonlight sparkles on the snow, and shines off of the ice of the pond. The garden has been prepared most carefully, and the silver light of the lanterns augments the light of the moon most tastefully.

Raistlin1040
2007-02-03, 12:08 AM
Ekrath stretches his wings and shoots like an arrow into the air. He darts around turning barrel-rolls in the air.

McBish
2007-02-03, 12:09 AM
Ah... She smiles and grabs some tea to drink thanking the server.

Natalie wakes up in the hospital wing and goes out to see what all the noise is about.

AmberVael
2007-02-03, 12:10 AM
Verdandi smiles at it all and sips her sake. She waves at Kyrian.

Kyrian
2007-02-03, 12:11 AM
Kyrian smiles and waves back at Verdandi. He slowly weaves himself and Lillah through the crowd and over to her.

Verdandi, I'd like you to meet my wife, Lillah. That is, if you haven't already met her. Lillah, if you haven't met already, this is my friend, Verdandi.

Raistlin1040
2007-02-03, 12:11 AM
Ekrath begins to dive bomb towards the ground but pulls out of it at the last second, executing a good aerial backflip
It feels great to stretch my wings again.

AmberVael
2007-02-03, 12:12 AM
Hello, Lillah. Its good to meet you. Verdandi holds out a hand to her.

Fenric
2007-02-03, 12:13 AM
Myobi smiles as Fenric sees to the guests

My friends, troubles and trials have kept us apart for three months now. It is with the greatest pleasure that I once again welcome you to our gardens, and once again begin our poetry contest.

For tonight, our prizes are as follows

For the best winter poem, a Wand of Cone of Cold, Caster Level 15, with 25 charges.

For the best moon poem, a Gem of Brightness

For the best overall poem, a Rod of True Resurrection with a single charge.

We look forward to your entries.

McBish
2007-02-03, 12:13 AM
Hi there Vera. Nice to meet you to.

Raistlin1040
2007-02-03, 12:16 AM
From the air, Ekrath looks down on the gathering. He lands and laughs
If Estone was here he'd write a great poem. But I can't write at all. I still wish good luck to the entrants.

AmberVael
2007-02-03, 12:16 AM
Verdandi frowns and then notes Lillah's eyes. She drops her hand and feels rather ashamed of herself for not having noticed it earlier. She pretends to be focused on listening to Myobi.

McBish
2007-02-03, 12:18 AM
It's time like this I had a gift for words.

Natalie looks out into the gardens and sees the party.

Kyrian
2007-02-03, 12:20 AM
Kyrian smiles at Verdandi.

It's ok, you didn't know.

AmberVael
2007-02-03, 12:23 AM
Verdandi smiles back at Kyrian and thinks, then shakes her head. I am not good with poetry either.

Fenric
2007-02-03, 12:24 AM
The kits return from WinterHearth for the party. Karl comes over and Bows politely to Kyrian and Lillah

Hi, uncle Kyrain. And you too, um... aunt? Lillah.

Fenric chuckles and wanders off to make sure everyone has what they need.

Myobi looks around and waits for entries to the poetry contest. An NPC priest presents a Haiku

The silvery sheen
Of midnight's radiant queen
is beauty serene

Kyrian
2007-02-03, 12:24 AM
Kyrian grins and gives Karl a hug.

Hey there, how are you doing?

McBish
2007-02-03, 12:24 AM
Yeah, you'd think because I know hundereds of songs I could make up something of my own but, I never had that gift. Hi Karl.

AmberVael
2007-02-03, 12:26 AM
Verdandi sighs. I really don't have any gift like those at all. All I can do is fight. She looks at Karl curiously.

Raistlin1040
2007-02-03, 12:28 AM
Ekrath waves to Fenric and flys out

McBish
2007-02-03, 12:28 AM
I'm sure your selling yourself short. I know lots of fighters that have hidden gifts. I mean look at Kyrian you wouldn't guess it but he is a decent guitar player and singer.

Fenric
2007-02-03, 12:28 AM
Karl grins at Kyrian

I'm fine... there's always plenty to do in WinterHearth. The clerics of Iborighu are always lurking around, and there are enough nasty creatures in the tundra that our work is never done.

Karl smiles at Verdandi when he notices her looking at him.

Myobi smiles at the NPC and looks around

Kyrian
2007-02-03, 12:31 AM
Verdandi, forgive me my manners. This is Karl, my nephew and first, if not still only, paladin. Karl, this is Verdandi, a good friend and captain of the Town Police.

AmberVael
2007-02-03, 12:33 AM
Verdandi inclines her head to Karl. A paladin? From what I have seen there are few of us in Town. It is good to meet another.

Raistlin1040
2007-02-03, 12:35 AM
((So what does that make Ekrath? Fighter without bonus feats?))

AmberVael
2007-02-03, 12:37 AM
((It makes Ekrath a person Verdandi has not really met.))

Fenric
2007-02-03, 12:37 AM
Karl bows politely to Verdandi

I am a paladin the God of War. I was a fragment of Bishamon until recently, but I have my own soul now.

Karl nods

Yeah, there aren't many. Chaos seems to be more popular here than law. Other than Mom and me, I've met another lady with wings who hangs around with wolves and that's about it.

(( Karl has met a number of people for whom he does not know the names. Libris is the lady with wings. He will occasionally mention "that little fire guy" whom he greatly dislikes - that is Jacklu ))

Kyrian
2007-02-03, 12:39 AM
Kyrian smiles.

Funny I should get a paladin....I'm more chaotic than lawful myself...

AmberVael
2007-02-03, 12:39 AM
Verdandi sighs and shakes her head. Well, we just have to make up for it, I suppose.

McBish
2007-02-03, 12:41 AM
Lillah smiles Yeah but you guys have your work cut out for you in this Town.

Fenric
2007-02-03, 12:44 AM
Karl nods and agrees

I try not to fight with my family too much, but it is hard sometimes.

Fenric rolls his eyes and goes off to see to the refreshments.

AmberVael
2007-02-03, 12:46 AM
Verdandi gives a small smile. That may or may not have anything to do with their alignment.

McBish
2007-02-03, 12:52 AM
Lillah smiles and sips her tea.

Natalie comes out into the gardens and gets some food but stays away from the crowds. She makes her way over to the Koi pond.

Kyrian
2007-02-03, 12:54 AM
Kyrian smiles to see Lillah enjoying herself.

Fenric
2007-02-03, 12:54 AM
Karl chuckles and looks around to see if Myobi is around. Seeing her off at a buffet table, he grins

You have experience with Mom's temper or something? But no, family seems to breed squabbles sometimes

Karl sighs

Now for a way to keep grey and green abishai to stop bickering. I had no idea that being a paladin of war would end up with me being in charge of a battallion of fourty devils of five different varieties.

Kyrian
2007-02-03, 12:56 AM
In charge of what?

Kyrian seems surprised, and is, seeing as he's still learning new things about his status daily.

AmberVael
2007-02-03, 12:56 AM
Verdandi raises an eyebrow. I have had a little experience with that, but I figured that would have been an isolated incident. How did this come about?

Fenric
2007-02-03, 12:59 AM
Karl shakes his head

Seems that the city was run by a lawful evil cleric of some sort. There were these towers staffed with Abishai... each tower had a different color. They were bound to serve the city, and even after the war they were still there. Dad said it was silly to send them all away just because they were "evil", seeing as they were magically constrained to help defend WinterHearth.

Well... Dad's not much of a strategist: a Wisdom of 35 is impressive, but an intelligence of 10 gets in the way. Dad's brother, Zak, is in charge of the city and when he found out I was there he made me in charge of defenses... Kyrian's only paladin is a bit of a general, now.

Karl grins: embarrassed, proud, and a bit worried all at once.

McBish
2007-02-03, 01:00 AM
Lillah listens to Karl.

Natalie sits down by the Koi pond and slowly eats some sweets.

Kyrian
2007-02-03, 01:02 AM
I'm sure you're doing a fine job Karl. You know I'll help you if you ever call for me.

AmberVael
2007-02-03, 01:02 AM
Verdandi shakes her head and smiles. That sounds better than what I had to deal with.

Fenric
2007-02-03, 01:06 AM
Karl preens a bit at the praise

Thanks, uncle Kyrian.

Yeah, captain, I can imagine that it's not all that amazing a challenge. But it's the first time I have really had command of other people. Thank Inari they are lawful! But they don't get along with each other, and their ideas of what is good to eat are occasionally problematic.

AmberVael
2007-02-03, 01:07 AM
Verdandi gives an amused smile. Devils are like that, but they were not the problematic part for me. It was my sister that caused the problems. She rolls her eyes.

Kyrian
2007-02-03, 01:09 AM
Kyrian gives Lillah a hug as he continues listening.

McBish
2007-02-03, 01:11 AM
Lillah hugs him back as she continues to listen.

Natalie watches the Koi swim around not really aware about the rest of the party.

Fenric
2007-02-03, 01:12 AM
Karl tilts his head

Your sister? I have four, and every one of them is always a pain.

Fenric comes back over to see if anyone needs any more refreshments

Myobi comes over to Natalie

Is there anything I can get for you?

AmberVael
2007-02-03, 01:18 AM
My sister is Aesa. Her name means madness and inciting battle. Verdandi sighs. She lives up to her name.

McBish
2007-02-03, 01:20 AM
Natalie looks up at Myobi. "No thanks I'm just getting a bite to eat." She looks back at the Koi pond.

Fenric
2007-02-03, 01:21 AM
(( Anyway, it's time for bed. Thanks for coming to the patry tonight.

Goodnight! ))

Karl chats with Verdandi about sisters, relatives in general, war, and devils. Fenric and Myobi continue to mingle until everyone goes home.

Then the foxes wander off to bed.

Kyrian
2007-02-03, 01:22 AM
It is getting late Lillah, we should probably head home.

McBish
2007-02-03, 01:23 AM
Ok then. Night everyone.

Kyrian
2007-02-03, 01:25 AM
G'night Karl, g'night Verdandi.

AmberVael
2007-02-03, 01:25 AM
Good night, you two.

McBish
2007-02-03, 01:26 AM
Lillah teleports them home.

Natalie sighs as she watches the Koi swim around.

AmberVael
2007-02-03, 01:30 AM
Verdandi sighs and leaves.

McBish
2007-02-03, 01:52 AM
Natalie goes to bed.

Exachix
2007-02-03, 02:58 AM
Exachix wakes up and wanders out into the Sanctuary, where a group of Acolytes are tidying up. Exachix sighs and helps then out until the Sanctuary is tidy, then he starts the morning's ceremony.

Fenric
2007-02-03, 09:39 AM
Fenric, Myobi, and Krystal wander into the sanctuary and look around before taking their seats.

Exachix
2007-02-03, 09:40 AM
Exachix waves to them and comes and sits by them.

"Hello!"

Fenric
2007-02-03, 09:43 AM
The foxes smile

Hi, Exachix
Hello, Exachix

Krystal slids over close to him

Hi dear.

Exachix
2007-02-03, 09:46 AM
Exachix smiles.

"How are we all?"

Fenric
2007-02-03, 09:53 AM
Krystal grins

We're doing fine. How about you?

Ms_Elaneous
2007-02-03, 09:59 AM
The displacer beast enters the temple, his huge claws clicking a little against the floor. He tastes the air and his tentacles start to flick back and forth.

Exachix
2007-02-03, 10:00 AM
Exachix smiles and wraps an arm around Krystal.

"I'm fine."

Seft Sirag
2007-02-03, 10:02 AM
Quollar stumbles into the temple, exhausted and slightly injured. his clothing is torn to shreads and caked with dried blood. He leans against the wall just inside the door, and slowly sinks to the floor, before doubling over in pain and letting out an agonised cry.

Fenric
2007-02-03, 10:04 AM
Myobi runs over to Quollar

My goodness! What happened to you?

She casts Heal on the injured man.

Fenric waves to the displacer beast, and Krystal smiles at Exachix

That's good.

Ms_Elaneous
2007-02-03, 10:06 AM
The beast turns about in interest of the newcomer. His eyes flicker for a moment as the prey instinct awakens but dies down again.

A tentacles flicks deliberately at Fenric's greeting. That was as close as it gets to a wave.

Exachix
2007-02-03, 10:08 AM
Exachix smiles and looks over at Quollar, concerned.

Seft Sirag
2007-02-03, 10:09 AM
Quollar's wounds heal, and he pants his thanks to Myobi, and slowly gets his breath back. fell... down a mountain... He creases up again as another wave of pain wracks his body. It ends almost as soon as it started. had to walk all the way here.

Fenric
2007-02-03, 10:14 AM
Myobi sighs

You have wandering around in the wilderness and walked back here like this? You must be starving! Sit down over here, please.

She sends acolytes to bring him some food.

Seft Sirag
2007-02-03, 10:17 AM
He smiles up at her again, and leans back against the wall with his eyes closed until the food arrives.

Ms_Elaneous
2007-02-03, 10:19 AM
Mountain? The beast thinks to itself. Interesting... The tentacles continue to flick about of their own accord.

Fenric
2007-02-03, 10:28 AM
The acolytes bring chicken, fish, bread, and some leftover cakes from last night's party for Quollar to eat. They bring a flask of water to drink.

Seft Sirag
2007-02-03, 10:34 AM
Quollar eats hungrily. However, part-way through this meal, an unusual bracelet on one wrist glows a bright purple, and he creases over in pain again.

Ms_Elaneous
2007-02-03, 10:40 AM
The beast eyes the fish with interest. He also takes an exploratory whiff of the cooked chicken.

His tentacles flick backwards in shock at the glowing bracelet.

Seft Sirag
2007-02-03, 10:49 AM
The bracelet stops glowing again, and the pain goes away. Quollar smiles at the beast. Hey there. Help yourself.

Exachix
2007-02-03, 10:52 AM
Exachix 'hmms' at the bracelet.

Ms_Elaneous
2007-02-03, 10:57 AM
The creature's eyes narrow as though dubious, but the tentacles flick forward and take the fish. The tentacles bring the fish directly in front of the beasts mouth and it begins to savagely rip the flesh apart, bones and all.

Fenric
2007-02-03, 10:58 AM
Myobi scowls at the bracelet

What is that thing?

Seft Sirag
2007-02-03, 11:05 AM
Quollar smiles grimly. little gift from someonewho was holding me prisoner. From what I've expereinced, its supposed to have a duel effect... he pauses as pain flood his body again. the random bursts of excruciating pain are actually the lesser part of it... he pauses again. The main effect is supposed to induce sheer terror, and horrific hallucinations. He shudders. Its malfunctioning, though, fortunately for me.

Exachix
2007-02-03, 11:08 AM
Exachix hmms.

"Have you tried to take it off?"

Ms_Elaneous
2007-02-03, 11:09 AM
Between another sickening crunch of fish bones, the beast decides to speak with a disdainful sniff, "I'm sure... he leaves it on for fun." The tentacles would flick, but they are currently holding up the food.

Seft Sirag
2007-02-03, 11:11 AM
Quollar shakes his head. Tried and failed several times.

Exachix
2007-02-03, 11:15 AM
Exachix hmms again.

"Cutting or melting it?"

Seft Sirag
2007-02-03, 11:19 AM
Quollar gives a grim smile. Pretty much the only thing I haven't tried is cutting off my hand.

Saurous
2007-02-03, 11:20 AM
Ctrazt steps into the temple, looking around. He seems to be looking for something.

Ms_Elaneous
2007-02-03, 11:21 AM
The beast's eyes follow the path of the new comer, but he doesn't turn his head. The tentacles curl and uncurl themselves.

Fenric
2007-02-03, 11:23 AM
Myobi sighs

Well... we can restore your hand if that is the only way to get the thing off.

Fenric turns to Ctrazt

You again?

Saurous
2007-02-03, 11:29 AM
Ctrazt notices Fenric.

Oh, hello.

He gives him a "I don't know what you are talking about" look. Or, as close to it as a Ulitharid can get.

Seft Sirag
2007-02-03, 11:35 AM
Quollar spasms with pain again, recovers, and is about to respond when he is hit by a second wave. Grimmacing, he pants I... don't like it... but... he curls up again, this time practically roaring with pain.

Trembling slightly, and gasping for breath, he swallows, and nods.

Fenric
2007-02-03, 11:40 AM
Myobi looks at him sadly

I suggest you not resist a Sleep spell

Myobi casts Sleep on Quollar.

Fenric sighs and looks at Ctrazt

What brings you to the temple today?

Saurous
2007-02-03, 11:42 AM
I've heard so much about this place, and I wanted to see exactly what it was about. Also, I was wondering if you know how to heal ones mind.

Seft Sirag
2007-02-03, 11:45 AM
Quollar falls asleep.

Exachix
2007-02-03, 12:03 PM
Exachix hmms.

"So, we try and get it off now?"

Fenric
2007-02-03, 12:10 PM
Fenric shakes his head at Ctrazt

Only Elya knows how to do that, and she isn't around right now.

Myobi nods to Exachix

We cut his hand off just above the wretched thing, then cast Regenerate to put his hand back.

Myobi carefully ties a very tight tourniquet around Quollar's arm, then has a temple guard come over and chop the offending item off.

Ms_Elaneous
2007-02-03, 12:14 PM
The beast watches the procedure quite stoically. After all, this sort of thing happens to animals all the time, especially if they were caught in a trap. Only they'd have to chew the limb off themselves and generally didn't get to put it back together.

Exachix
2007-02-03, 12:15 PM
Exachix stands and goes over, ready to cast Regenerate.

Fenric
2007-02-03, 12:16 PM
The guard swings his sword with care, and severs Quollar's arm between the tourniquet and the bracelet.

Myobi nods to Exachix. Now

Exachix
2007-02-03, 12:18 PM
Exachix casts Regenerate upon Quollar.

Saurous
2007-02-03, 12:21 PM
That figures.

Ctrazt then watches the procedure intently, cringing when the blade meets Quollar's arm.

Seft Sirag
2007-02-03, 12:21 PM
Quollar's arm regenerates.

On the old limb, the bracelet glows again, though it now has no effect.

Ms_Elaneous
2007-02-03, 12:23 PM
The displacer beast grins wickedly at the sight of the glowing bracelet. Somebody would be pretty mad to learn their toy had gotten off of it's leash.

Exachix
2007-02-03, 12:26 PM
Exachix picks up the extraneous limb and hmms.

"Should I try and take the bracelet off here? so we can keep it out of harm's way?"

Seft Sirag
2007-02-03, 12:44 PM
Exachix may or may not be able to see that the bracelet is being held to the skin by hundreds of tiny spikes.

Quollar snores a little.

Fenric
2007-02-03, 12:45 PM
Myobi reverses a sleep spell and casts Awake on Quollar. Then she turns to Exchix

I would be just as happy to see it destroyed, Exachix.

InaVegt
2007-02-03, 12:47 PM
The elf with magic aura's in her yes wakes up, wandering around strangely.

Seft Sirag
2007-02-03, 12:51 PM
Quollar wakes up, and immediately glances down at his arm. He flexes his fingers, and smiles. Thankyou. I'm sorry you had to do that. I'll admit, I would probably have been unable to carry it out myself.

Ms_Elaneous
2007-02-03, 12:55 PM
The beast sneers a little. Any animal worth it's skin would do it as needed. (Sorry, he's a hard guy to get along with. *shrugs*)

Exachix
2007-02-03, 12:55 PM
Exachix nodds, and thinks.

"Anyone know Disintergrate?"

Fenric
2007-02-03, 12:57 PM
Myobi nods

Sometimes a healer has to be a bit drastic to get the desired results.

Krystal nods and tries to Disintegrate the bracelet, arm and all.

(( Lunchtime. Back [maybe] later ))

Exachix
2007-02-03, 12:59 PM
((okay =) ))

Exachix smiles as Krystal tries.

InaVegt
2007-02-03, 01:04 PM
The elf bumps into several acolytes and tries to walk through a wall.

Seft Sirag
2007-02-03, 01:04 PM
The arm disintegrates, along with the inside of the bracelet, leaving a shell of relatively thick, silvery metal.

Exachix
2007-02-03, 01:06 PM
Exachix hmms at it as it just lays in his hand.

"Urm.. can you try that again on the braclet?"

((sorry, just NPCing Krystal for a bit....))
Krystal does.

InaVegt
2007-02-03, 01:09 PM
Why is there an invisible barrier in front of this opening?

The elf says, while still trying to walk through the wall.

Seft Sirag
2007-02-03, 01:13 PM
The outside of the metal becomes rather powdery. Overall, it is now just a harmless piece of rather ugly, semi-indestructable metal jewelery.

Quollar gets to his feet. You'll be there a while - that's a particularly tough alloy.

Exachix
2007-02-03, 01:15 PM
Exachix sighs, before looking at the elf.

"That's a wall." He turns back to the bracelet and continues to look at it.

InaVegt
2007-02-03, 01:18 PM
There is a clear opening in the wall here, what are you, blind?

Exachix
2007-02-03, 01:20 PM
Exachix shakes his head.

"I see perfectly well. It is you whom have the problem, which is evident as you can't find the doors."

Seft Sirag
2007-02-03, 01:25 PM
Quollar returns to the remains of his food. Exachix will most likely find nothing else at all interesting about the bracelet.

((disappearing for a while. just remembered I don't have any food in the house.))

Exachix
2007-02-03, 01:29 PM
((Ah, ok.))

Exachix hmms and, as the bracelet's controller has gone, refrains from casting Detect Magic or such. Instead he sits down by Krystal and thinks, before putting it down.

((My food time =) ))

InaVegt
2007-02-03, 01:31 PM
The elvish woman just shakes her head.

McBish
2007-02-03, 01:36 PM
Natalie wakes up and leaves the temple.

Castaras
2007-02-03, 01:39 PM
Castaras groans and wishes she hadn't woken up. She checks for the dagger at her side. She clasps her hand round it, and slowly gets up. She winces a bit.

She slowly makes her way out of the temple.

--------

Fus slowly opens his eyes, and tries to cast a strange spell. When it fails, he frowns.

Where the Volg am I?

He gets up and wanders round the temple, frowning slightly. He seems a little dazed still, but mostly ok.

Which Volging God is this here?

He sees the sign for Inari, and jumps back. He glances round the temple, and quickly scribbles a rude note on the stone the sign is placed, before running out of the temple, face filled with glee.

(( Inari, you have my full permission to throw a wobbly! :smalltongue: ))

(( And if you want to know what it says, it says something like "Inari the goody-two-shoes is stupid!", only in ruder language.

Ms_Elaneous
2007-02-03, 03:30 PM
The displacer beast actually sits and closes it's eyes. It's tentacles flick back and forth periodically, as though keeping time.

Seft Sirag
2007-02-03, 03:32 PM
Quollar falls asleep, exhausted from everything that he's gone through recently.

Exachix
2007-02-03, 04:04 PM
Exachix snaps back to reality, blinks before realizing he is still here.

Soon, he yawns, and he and Krystal head off for bed.

(('Night all))

Ms_Elaneous
2007-02-03, 08:13 PM
Ms E wakes up and both she and Evander leave the temple. (I'm going for minimalist RPing today! :smalltongue: No, not really, I just don't wanna bother with the flavour text right now.)

Seft Sirag
2007-02-03, 08:26 PM
An acolyte shakes Quollar awake. "sir, you may be more comfortable in the travellers' quarters, if you'd like to follow me." Quollar nods and follows.

McBish
2007-02-03, 10:23 PM
Natalie comes in through the mirror and goes to bed.

Deadly
2007-02-03, 11:12 PM
Ilias appears in a flash along with Earin, Elya, Anna and Achim.

AmberVael
2007-02-03, 11:14 PM
Earin sets Elya on the ground and sighs.

Deadly
2007-02-03, 11:16 PM
Ilias sighs and orders some acolytes to carry Anna to the hospital.

Achim tries to stand, but stumbles to the ground, apparently too weak.

AmberVael
2007-02-03, 11:20 PM
Earin has the acolytes carry Elya off to the mortuary, and he goes over to help Achim stand, despite his own weakness.

Deadly
2007-02-03, 11:22 PM
Achim sighs That was a bit... too draining.

AmberVael
2007-02-03, 11:23 PM
Earin doesn't respond to his comment.
"Where do you need to go? Hospital wing?"