PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder Path of the Ninja (Naruto 3.75)

Ashmitt
2014-03-08, 09:22 PM
Hello all, I've seen various attempts at trying to create a "Naruto Pathfinder" game, for all us Naruto fans out there. I've followed another users creation that seemed to be pretty legit, but I fear the project has gone dark yet again. So, I'm wanting to take matters into my own hands and get this thing done so we all can play a Naruto Pathfinder game.

Now, the task is not easy. And i'm not really expecting myself to create an entire new system JUST for Naruto. I simply wish to plug in Naruto to the Pathfinder rules and tweak them until the product is one that majority of the people like. I've gotten tons of ideas from my own thoughts, as well as various things on the interwebs. Now, I know there is 'Naruto d20', but looking over it.. It's daunting to say the least. I've never play tested it so I cannot say whether it's good or not, but at a glance it seems.. Complicated.

That's why I wish to use the Pathfinder Rule-set. So that everyone has that common thing in mind, that you can ease into this game from Pathfinder. I'm asking for help from the community. From those Naruto fans out there that want a Naruto/Pathfinder RPG tabletop once and for all. One that sticks true to the Naruto Lore, but still allows your Game MAster and players to create a new world with custom content. A Jutsu crafting system that is not only viable, but is something that players WANT to do. Creating fantastic jutsus, that have a balancing template for the players and GM to refer to, so no cheesy/shenanigan jutsus can be used.

Like I've mentioned above, I have a lot of ideas floating around. But first, I need to know if anyone is interested. I don't want to put work into something no one wants :/ So let me know. Who's on board with me to create something.. Amazing that Naruto/Pathfinder fans can play and enjoy at their tables, IRL or virtual.

Ashmitt
2014-03-09, 07:24 PM
Now, I want to use a collection of ideas I've found on the internet, as well as my own. So something may be similar or even the same. But, I'll give full credit to someone if I do end up using something of their's, though i'm going to try to stay away from that.

First off, I'm going to say there is only 1 class available. Now, before you think its stupid, there will be prestige classes as well as Archetypes for said class. Of course the class will be, Shinobi. I do not have the exact stats and specials for a Shinobi but I will be creating them. I think I'm going to make them a.. Monk/Ninja type class.

As far as races, I've seen others say that the different clans and bloodlines should be the 'races' and I agree. So instead of picking a human, elf or orc, players will be choosing Uchiha, Uzimaki, Aburame, and even eccentric ones such as Kurama if I can create enough content for the 'race'.

Players will be able to specialize into different things such as Taijutsu, Ninjutsu, Genjutsu, and even go deeper into their kekkei genkai's if they have them. I will be working on the Clans first and update as I create them.

But again, I'm looking for the community to help me create content, play test and help balance out things so we can all enjoy this. :smallsmile:

Arkady Zelenka
2014-03-09, 09:31 PM
I'm in for whatever playtesting you need.

Ashmitt
2014-03-09, 11:03 PM
I'm in for whatever playtesting you need.

Sweet, sounds good :smallsmile: I'm currently working on the two main "Races" the Uchiha and the Uzumaki.

Ashmitt
2014-03-15, 03:42 PM
I've created several Clans (races) and am still working on the whole system, along with the base class. This will take some time but i'm still working on it.

Anyone willing to help out is welcome, any criticism is welcomed and suggestions/questions are all welcomed. Here is a sample of a rough-draft of the untested Aburame Clan.

Aburame
The Aburame clan is one of the four noble clans of Konohagakure. At birth, members of this clan are offered to a special breed of insects such as Kikaichū as a nest, residing just under their host’s skin. There insects will then live in symbiosis with their host from that point on. Because of this, its members are characterised by their use of insects as weapons.

Physical Description: Aburame clan members usually have a mask or goggles to cover different portions of their faces and to cover their eyes. They also tend to have a pale complexion, though not all members are this way.
Society:
Relations:
Alignment and Religion:
Adventurers:

Aburame Racial Traits
+2 to one Ability Score: Aburame get +2 to one Ability Score, this is because of their varied members nature.
Medium: Aburame are Medium creatures and have no bonuses or penalties due to their size.
Symbiosis: The insects that reside inside of the host feed of their chakra, in exchange for the insects service. Because of this, Aburame members need not to perform hand signs or expend chakra to use the insects. All Aburame members have their Chakra Pool at -50% of the max they have. (The minimum being at 1 CP left.)
Parasitic Senses: Because of the tens of thousands of chakra detecting insects residing in the host, the host gains an acute sense of perception. Aburame’s get a +4 Racial Bonus to Perception.
Aburame Gear: Most of the Aburame wear protective goggles and conservative clothing. The goggles provide a shading and lighting effect for the user, providing them with low-light vision of 30 feet. The outfit (usually a jacket of some sort) provides protection from cold, giving a +5 resistance to cold effects. (A player may opt out of either of these.)
Swarm: An Aburame’s insects are treated as having the swarm subtype, with an HD of 1. If they grow for any reason, they lose the swarm subtype and gain the appropriate size template.
Aburame Clan Jutsus: As a Aburame levels, they gain access to the unique jutsus listed below.

Secret Jutsu: Insect Cocoon: At 14th level, an Aburame gains this ability:
Secret Jutsu: Insect Cocoon
School Ninjutsu (secret) ; Rank A
Casting Time 10 minutes
Components V, S
Range self
Area personal
Duration See Below
Saving Throw No; Jutsu Resistance No
This unique jutsu allows the user to accelerate the growth of their insects. As the user's body is already a hive of sorts for the insects, the user will encase themselves in an actual cocoon to further aid the insects. This is an extremely useful move for Aburame clan members, since their attacks mainly focus on the usage of insects. However, using this in the midst of a battle can be potentially dangerous as it leaves the user static and vulnerable. As such when this jutsu is being employed, the user generally finds a safe location or otherwise can be guarded by their team-mate.

During this jutsu, the user is considered helpless, until the jutsu is finished. Upon completion, the users insects are fully replenished and slightly evolve. This evolution takes form of resistance, the user may pick one energy type for his insects. The user’s insects gain immunity to the chosen type of energy and remain to have that immunity until this ability it used again.

Parasitic Destruction Insect Jutsu: At 1st level, Aburame gain this ability. At birth, members of this clan are offered to a special breed of insects. These insects feed off of the hosts chakra, while not completely consuming it, the host must have adequate chakra to feed the insects. There are four insects in total, three of which a member may choose from. The three choices are:

Kidaichū, Parasitic Giant Insects:A species of beetle-like insects that are bred and utilized by select members of the Aburame clan as part of their Parasitic Destruction Insect Jutsu. Though initially small in size, if provided with the incorrect amount of chakra, these insects immediately begin to devour the flesh of their host, causing them to undergo rapid growth to ultimately giant proportions. While this trait makes them effective at damaging enemies, it also makes these insects particularly troublesome to harbor even within the user's own body. Aburame members that have Parasitic Giant Insects gain the following abilities:

[I]Perfect Symbiosis: At 1st level, in order for the Aburame host to keep control of the Parasitic Giant Beetles, they must keep a regular and steady supply of Chakra Points (CP) to maintain control. The host must have their maximum Chakra Points at all times in order to keep dominance over the beetles. If the host’s chakra falls under the max at any time, he/she takes 1d8 damage per round until they die or their chakra is maintained. If the host’s chakra falls below 50% of their max that they can have on a normal basis (rounded down), he/she takes 2d8 damage per round until they die or their chakra is maintained. If the host’s chakra falls below 1, he/she takes 4d8 damage per round until they die or their chakra is maintained.

Parasitic Giant Beetle Infestation: At 1st level, following shortly after an Aburame clan member places a number of Beetles onto the skin of an enemy, these insects immediately burrow into the victim's body and begin to devour its flesh and chakra. This process causes the insects to grow rapidly in size, until the insects eat their way out of the body.

Parasitic Giant Beetle Infestation
School Ninjutsu (secret) ; Rank C
Casting Time 1 standard action
Components V, S
Range touch
Area -
Duration See below
Saving Throw Reflex negate; Jutsu Resistance No

The Aburame host places several parasitic beetles on their target, letting the beetles devour the flesh and chakra of their enemies. Each beetle deals 1d2 damage to Health Points and Chakra Points until the target dies or until the beetles are destroyed. Each succeeding round after the beetles are places, the damage die goes up by d1. (I.E.: 1d2 turns into 1d3.)

If a target of this ability is not aware of the Aburame as an enemy, the host may make a Sleight of Hand check DC of 10 to place 1d4 Parasitic Giant Beetles on them. If a target is aware, the user must make a melee touch attack against the target to place 1d4 Parasitic Giant Beetles on them.

[I]Growth of Giants: As the beetles feed on flesh and chakra, they grow in size until they are huge beetles. Once a beetle starts feeding on a medium creature, it takes 4 rounds to become giant. Once the beetle becomes giant it removes itself from the creature as the creatures body usually cannot contain the beetle due to its size. Once the beetle has burrowed out, it starts fighting the creature on land, still trying to feed on it. The template for a Parasitic Giant Beetle is as follows:

Parasitic Giant Beetle
Size Medium; Speed 20 ft., fly 20 ft. (poor); AC +6 natural armor; Attack bite (1d6); Ability Scores Str 17, Dex 10, Con 15, Int 1, Wis 11, Cha 4; Special Qualities darkvision; CMD trip +8. Special Attacks trample (1d4) HP 11

If the beetle is feeding on a small creature, it takes 2 rounds to grow and its template changes to the following:
Parasitic Giant Beetle
Size Small; Speed 20 ft., fly 20 ft. (poor); AC +6 natural armor; Attack bite (1d8); Ability Scores Str 13, Dex 12, Con 13, Int —, Wis 11, Cha 4; Special Qualities darkvision; CMD trip +6. HP 11

If the beetle is feeding on a large creature, it takes 6 rounds to grow and its template changes to the following:
Parasitic Giant Beetle
Size Large; Speed 30 ft., fly 10 ft. (poor); AC +8 natural armor; Attack bite (1d6); Ability Scores Str 19, Dex 8, Con 17, Int 1, Wis 11, Cha 4; Special Qualities darkvision; CMD trip +10. Special Attacks trample (1d6) HP 13

Ranged Parasitics: At 7th level, the host may make a ranged attack at 30 feet as a standard action with the Parasitic Giant Beetles.

Secret Jutsu: Parasitic Giants Devouring Swarm: At 12th level, the host gains this ability. This may be cast 1 + 1/per 5 levels, per day.
Secret Jutsu: Parasitic Giants Devouring Swarm
Casting Time 1 full-round action
Components V, S
Range short (10 ft.+5 ft./2 levels)
Area 15-ft.-radius
Duration instantaneous
Saving Throw Reflex half; Jutsu Resistance No

This secret jutsu is a swarm of Parasitic Giant Insects, covering an entire radius of 15-ft. This acts as Parasitic Giant Beetle Infestation but in a wide area.

Those affected may take a Reflex Save to only have half as many beetles on them as they would have normally.

Kikaichū, Parasitic Destruction Insects: A species of small, beetle-like insects that are bred and utilised exclusively by the Aburame clan, forming the basis for their unique jutsus. This is the the most commonly used insect of the clan. Aburame members that have Parasitic Destruction Insects gain the following abilities:

[I]Parasitic Absorption: At 3rd level, the Aburame host gains this ability:
Parasitic Absorption
School Ninjutsu (secret) ; Rank D
Components V, S
Range short (10 ft. +5 ft./level)
Area target
Duration instantaneous
Saving Throw Reflex Negate; Jutsu Resistance No
The host's insects have the ability to suck chakra from a targets pores. The insects can then fly back to the host, consequently refilling his own chakra reserve. The insects steal 1d6/per level (max 20d6) Chakra Points, effectively giving the user that much chakra.

[I]Simple Nervous System: At 4th level, Kikaichū controlled by the host cannot be affect by Genjutsu of any kind.

Insect Jar Jutsu: At 5th level, the Aburame host gains this ability:
Insect Jar Jutsu
School Ninjutsu (secret) ; Rank C
Components V, S
Range Personal
Area 15-ft.-radius (+5-ft./per 5 levels)
Duration Concentration
Saving Throw Reflex Negate (harmless); Jutsu Resistance No
This jutsu uses Kikaichū as a shield by having them fly in a dome shape at high speed, similar to the Hyūga's Eight Trigrams Palms Revolving Heaven. The dome is strong enough to stop incoming attacks, but can be disrupted with sufficient force.

This shield pushes away any enemies within the radius of the jutsu and can be maintained as long as the user can concentrate. The shield itself can absorb up to 50 damage (+5/per 2 levels). If the shield is destroyed by any means, the host cannot perform this jutsu again until 8 hours of undisturbed rest or until their insects have enough time to breed.

Anyone inside of the dome may step out of the dome at will, but cannot go back in. The dome acts as a wall, not allowing any physical jutsu, weapons or anything of the sort to pass through, less the dome be damaged.

[I]Insect Chakra Transference: At 7th level the host can, instead of personally absorbing the chakra gathered from the insects, may have them travel to nearby allies to replenish their chakra pool. The insect may travel up to (20ft./+5 per level) away from the host before returning to them.

Secret Jutsu: Insect Sphere: At 12th level, the host gains this ability:
Secret Jutsu: Insect Sphere
Components V, S
Range medium (100 ft. +10 ft./level)
Area target
Duration See Below
Saving Throw No; Jutsu Resistance No
This jutsu covers a creatures entire body with the kikaichū living inside the Aburame clan member's body. The chakra-sensing kikaichū spread over a wide range and the moment they locate the enemy, the insects, following the user's orders, gather at once. The insects completely surround the target, making a globe. They restrain the enemy and start eating away at their chakra bit by bit. Before long, death will arrive. If the target escapes, the insects will immediately follow it.

The insects do 1d8/per level (max 20d8) Chakra Point damage per round. Once the target is out of chakra, the bugs return to their host, or where the host may have them go next. A target that is affected by this jutsu has the Blind affect on them.

If the insects are destroyed by any means, the host cannot perform this jutsu again until 8 hours of undisturbed rest or until their insects have enough time to breed.

Nano-sized, Venomous Insects: A special breed of insects used by select members of the Aburame clan as part of their Parasitic Destruction Insect Jutsu. These bugs destroy their enemies cells, causing excruciating pain in the process.

[I]Antibodies: At 1st level, an Aburame with the Nano-sized, Venomous Insects has immunity to the poison secreted from their insects, leaving them invulnerable to their poisons and giving the host a +5 racial bonus to their Fortitude save towards poisons.

Embodiment of Infectious Death: At 1st level, an Aburame with the Nano-sized, Venomous Insects, as a standard action, can cover his body with deadly poisonous insects. While covered, any unarmed attacks or direct contact with a creature's skin will infect them with the insects. After being infected, a target takes 1d6/per 2 levels (Max 10d6) poison damage per round.

Poison Cloud Jutsu: At 15th level, an Aburame with the Nano-sized, Venomous Insects gains this jutsu:
Jar of Poison Jutsu
Components V, S
Range 15-ft.
Area cone-shaped burst
Duration Instantaneous
Saving Throw Reflex Negates; Jutsu Resistance No
The user puts their hands together forming a small poisonous smokescreen sphere from their nano-sized venomous insects between his hands, they can then blow the smoke screen across the area in front of him. If touched or inhaled, it is a almost guaranteed fatality.

Anyone infected with this will instantly die of poison, unless they make a Fortitude save with the DC being (10 + User Level)

[I]Jar of Poison Jutsu: At 17th level, an Aburame with the Nano-sized, Venomous Insects gains this jutsu:
Jar of Poison Jutsu
School Ninjutsu, Kinjutsu (secret) [insect]; Rank S
Casting Time 60 minutes
Components V, S
Range 5-ft.
Area See Below
Duration 30 minutes
Saving Throw Reflex Negates; Jutsu Resistance No
This jutsu acts as Secret Jutsu: Insect Cocoon, except that this creates a chakra dome with seals across it. Inside this dome, the Nano-sized, Venomous Insects breed at a rapid rate and eat away any dead within the dome.

This jutsu requires a massive amount of bodies, the minimum being 20. The infected bodies inside decay at a rapid rate with the help of the insects. At the end of the casting time, the barrier fades away and the bodies inside explode,releasing a huge cloud of infectious poison. The area that the cloud expands is larger with the increased amount of bodies. For every 10 bodies, the area radius is increased by 30-ft.

Every 10 minutes of this jutsu’s duration, the area widens by 20-ft. The poison released is the same as the Jar of Poison Jutsu.

LordDavenport
2014-03-16, 06:53 PM
First of all, any custom spell creation system is going to run into heavy balance issues, see epic spells.

It would probably be better to work like a feats... but again, balance is a massive pain with any modular system. it is basically impossible to know how a level/d6 fire ball compares to the ability to climb a tree.
Perhaps just use the Maneuver system from tome of battle? there are more custom disciplines then you can shake a stick at, and making more to fit won't be that hard.

Chaotic Chewy
2014-03-16, 10:45 PM
Personally, I see no need for spell fuss. A chakra system can be made similar to the Power Point system used by Psions. Including Augments and Meta Psionics

I also like the way you drafted the chakra abilities and Aburame clan. Big fan of their abilities both show and as presented here.