PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder Oh, Soothing Light! Heal! (Base Class, PEACH)

NeoSeraphi
2014-03-14, 06:35 AM
Author's Note:
I hate clerics. I hate playing clerics, I hate partying with clerics. The cleric class is so boring, especially in Pathfinder. You have domain powers that are spread far between, not that useful and no capstone. Only class feature is channeling, and spell list is so bland (to me). So I figured I'd make a dedicated healer class that is not magical or divine with plenty to do.

The Healer

Role: The healer is a support character who is able to assist her allies in combat as much as possible. Healers have a wide variety of offensive and defensive abilities that allow them to function similarly to a caster, but most of their abilities involve directly improving or healing their allies rather than harming their enemies.

Alignment: Any

Hit Dice: d8
Class Skills: The healer's class skills are Craft, Diplomacy, Heal, Knowledge (Nature), Knowledge (Planes), Knowledge (Religion), Perception, Profession, Sense Motive, and Survival.
Skill Points: 4+Int mod per level

{table=head]Level|Base Attack Bonus|Fort Save|Ref Save|Will Save|Special

1st|
+0|
+2|
+0|
+2|Halt Death, Healing Touch, Mark of Destruction

2nd|
+1|
+3|
+0|
+3|Barrier, Lay on Hands

3rd|
+1|
+3|
+1|
+3|Mercy, Mark of Rooting

4th|
+2|
+4|
+1|
+4|Channel Positive Energy

5th|
+2|
+4|
+1|
+4|Healing Glow, Mark of Weakness

6th|
+3|
+5|
+2|
+5|Lifelink, Mercy

7th|
+3|
+5|
+2|
+5|Holy Shield, Mark of Blindness

8th|
+4|
+6|
+2|
+6|Rejuvenation

9th|
+4|
+6|
+3|
+6|Mercy, Mark of Wounding

10th|
+5|
+7|
+3|
+7|Restoration

11th|
+5|
+7|
+3|
+7|Double Mark, Mark of Hysteria

12th|
+6/1|
+8|
+4|
+8|Angelic Shield, Mercy

13th|
+6/1|
+8|
+4|
+8|Salvation, Mark of Stunning

14th|
+7/2|
+9|
+4|
+9|Regrowth

15th|
+7/2|
+9|
+5|
+9|Mercy, Mark of Paralysis

16th|
+8/3|
+10|
+5|
+10|Greater Salvation

17th|
+8/3|
+10|
+5|
+10|Perfect Barrier, Mark of Poison

18th|
+9/4|
+11|
+6|
+11|Mercy, Donate Action

19th|
+9/4|
+11|
+6|
+11|True Salvation, Mark of Death

20th|
+10/5|
+12|
+6|
+12|Paragon of Health[/table]

Class Features: The following are the class features of a healer.

Weapon and Armor Proficiency: A healer is proficient with no weapons, but are proficient with light, medium, and heavy armor, as well as shields (including tower shields).

Halt Death (Sp): A healer is able to save her dying friends from walking beyond death's door. She may cast stabilize as a spell-like ability at will.

Healing Touch (Su): A healer's touch restores vitality to those she comes into contact with. A healer may touch a creature and soothe its wounds with positive energy, restoring 1d8 health, plus 1d8 health per 4 class levels. A healer may not use this ability to damage creatures harmed by positive energy.

Mark of Destruction (Su): A healer's greatest (and only) weapon is her ability to mark foes. As a standard action, a healer may target a single foe within 30' of her. Until her next turn, her allies gain a circumstance bonus to their weapon damage rolls against that creature equal to her class level. The healer gains the ability to mark creatures with other marks later in the class. If a mark forces a creature to make a saving throw, it is consumed after the first saving throw is made (fail or success).

Barrier (Su): A healer's skill is not only used to restore lost life, but also to protect others. Beginning at 2nd level, as a standard action, a healer may target a single ally within 60', including herself, and that creature gains 10 temporary hit points until her next turn. If a creature deals damage to an ally affected by these hit points, and does not do enough damage to penetrate the ally's remaining temporary hit points, that creature is treated as though it had not damaged the ally (such as for inflicting injury poisons).

Lay on Hands (Su): This functions as the paladin ability of the same name. A healer may lay on hands a number of times per day equal to 1/2 her class level+her Charisma modifier. A healer may not use this ability to harm creatures vulnerable to positive energy.

Mercy (Su): This functions as the paladin ability of the same name.

Mark of Rooting (Su): When a 3rd level healer marks her enemy, she may choose to inflict a Mark of Rooting. If the marked creature takes damage from an ally's weapon attack, it must make a Reflex save (DC 10+1/2 healer level + Charisma modifier) or be entangled for 1 round.

Channel Positive Energy (Su): This functions as the paladin ability of the same name. A healer consumes two of her daily uses of lay on hands to channel positive energy. A healer may also relieve all affected creatures of her channel of a single condition that she has a Mercy for (she chooses when she channels). A healer may not use Channel Positive Energy to harm creatures vulnerable to positive energy.

Healing Glow (Su): When a healer reaches 5th level, her warmth spreads to her allies. A healer may use her Healing Touch ability on an ally within 30' of her, rather than as a touch attack.

Mark of Weakness (Su): When a 5th level healer marks an enemy, she may choose to inflict a Mark of Weakness. When an ally damages a marked creature, that creature must make a Fortitude save (DC 10+1/2 healer class level+Cha mod) or take a penalty to its damage rolls equal to the healer's class level for 1 round.

Lifelink (Su): This functions as the oracle of life's revelation of the same name.

Holy Shield (Su): At 7th level, a healer's Barrier improves. The Barrier now grants 20 temporary hit points, and any positive energy effect used on the shielded target is twice as effective.

Mark of Blindness (Su): When a 7th level healer marks an enemy, she can choose to inflict a Mark of Blindness. When an ally damages a creature with the mark, the marked creature must make a Fortitude save (DC 10+1/2 healer class level + Cha mod) or be blinded for 1 round.

Rejuvenation (Su): A healer's body is so full of positive energy that she constantly benefits from its glow. An 8th level healer gains Fast Healing 5.

Mark of Wounding (Su): When a 9th level healer marks an enemy, she can choose to inflict a Mark of Wounding. Allies who damage the marked creature also inflict 1 point of Constitution damage to the creature (no save).

Restoration (Sp): A 10th level healer is able to treat more than just wounds and ailments. She can also restore vitality. The healer gains the ability to cast restoration as a spell-like ability a number of times per day equal to her Charisma modifier, with a caster level equal to her character level.

Double Mark (Ex): Beginning at 11th level, a healer can choose two different marks to apply to the same creature with a single standard action, or can apply the same mark to two different creatures within 30' of each other.

Mark of Hysteria (Su): When an 11th level healer marks a creature, she can choose to inflict a Mark of Hysteria. When an ally damages the marked creature, the marked creature must make a Will save (DC 10+1/2 the healer's class level + Cha mod) or be confused for 1 round.

Angelic Shield (Su): At 12th level, the healer's shield improves again. It now grants 30 temporary hit points to the target, and the affected ally also gains a +3 sacred bonus to its saving throws for as long as the shield persists.

Salvation (Sp): A healer can not only prevent death, but reverse it. At 13th level, the healer gains the ability to cast raise dead as a spell-like ability once per day, with a caster level equal to her class level. She need not provide any material components.

Mark of Stunning (Su): When a 13th level healer inflicts a creature with a mark, she can choose to inflict a Mark of Stunning. When an ally damages the marked creature, the marked creature makes a Fortitude save (DC 10+1/2 healer class level +Cha mod) or be stunned for 1 round.

Regrowth (Sp): A healer can also reattach limbs. Starting at 14th level, a healer can cast regrowth, as the spell, as a spell-like ability once per day with a caster level equal to her class level.

Mark of Paralysis (Su): When a 15th level healer marks a creature, she can choose to inflict a Mark of Paralysis. When an ally damages a marked creature, the marked creature must make a Fortitude save (DC 10+1/2 healer level+Cha mod) or be paralyzed for 1 round.

Greater Salvation (Sp): The healer's Salvation ability improves at level 16, allowing her to instead cast resurrection once per day as a spell-like ability with a caster level equal to her class level. She still need not provide any material components.

Perfect Barrier (Su): The healer's shield reaches its most powerful stage. She now grants 40 temporary hit points to the shielded ally, and once per encounter, the healer may shield an ally with Perfect Barrier as an immediate action, even if she has already used the barrier as a standard action this round. (Temporary hit points gained from this shield do not stack)

Mark of Poison (Su): When a 17th level healer marks a creature, she can choose to inflict a Mark of Poison. When an ally damages the marked creature, the creature must make a Fortitude save (DC 10+1/2 class level+Cha mod) or be affected by the poison described in the poison spell, though this ability is not treated as a spell or a spell-like ability and does not allow spell resistance. The save DC each round to end the effect is equal to the save DC of the mark.

Donate Action (Ex): As a standard action, a healer of 18th level or higher may grant a single ally within 30' an additional move action, which the ally must take immediately. Alternatively, as a full-round action a healer of 18th level or higher may grant a single ally within 30' an additional standard action, which the ally must take immediately.

True Salvation (Sp): The healer's Salvation ability improves again, allowing her to instead cast true resurrection as the spell, as a spell-like ability once per day with a caster level equal to her class level. She need not provide any material components.

Mark of Death (Su): When a 19th level healer marks a creature, she may choose to inflict a mark of death. When an ally damages the marked creature, the marked creature takes 10 points of damage per healer class level. A successful Fortitude save (DC 10+1/2 class level + Cha mod) reduces this damage to 5d6+class level. This is a [death] effect.

Paragon of Health (Su): At 20th level, the healer becomes a true embodiment of healing. Her Healing Touch now functions as if she cast the heal spell with a caster level equal to her class level, her Rejuvenation ability grants her regeneration 10/negative energy instead of fast healing 5, and she gains immunity to disease, poison, death effects, negative levels, and paralysis.

AuraTwilight
2014-03-14, 02:44 PM
What doe the character do if no one needs healing on it's turn?

You're not really avoiding the pitfalls of the 3.5 Healer that I can see.

NeoSeraphi
2014-03-14, 02:56 PM
What doe the character do if no one needs healing on it's turn?

You're not really avoiding the pitfalls of the 3.5 Healer that I can see.

He has the following class features that can be used if no one needs healing:

Barrier
Mark of Destruction
Mark of Rooting
Mark of Weakness
Mark of Blindness
Mark of Wounding
Double Mark
Mark of Hysteria
Mark of Stunning
Mark of Paralysis
Mark of Poison
Mark of Death

Ziegander
2014-03-14, 05:33 PM
I think you'll want to call it something other than Healer. I don't know why any Healer class would go around placing magical marks of death, destruction, and debilitation on their enemies, or how in fact they learned to do so as it seems to have next to nothing to do with the vocation of healing or positive energy in general. :smallconfused:

NeoSeraphi
2014-03-14, 07:07 PM
I think you'll want to call it something other than Healer. I don't know why any Healer class would go around placing magical marks of death, destruction, and debilitation on their enemies, or how in fact they learned to do so as it seems to have next to nothing to do with the vocation of healing or positive energy in general. :smallconfused:

Fair point. The idea behind marks is similar to the idea of a mechanic "I can fix it, so I know how to break it too". No idea what a better name would be. Suggestions?

Erberor
2014-03-15, 01:56 AM
The class seems to be centered around the manipulation of divine/life energy, which leaves you with a fair number of name possibilities.

A few I came up with.
Divine Nexus
Soul Warden
Channeler (a bit iffy on this name)
Lifekeeper
Lifewarden

NeoSeraphi
2014-03-15, 03:14 AM
The class seems to be centered around the manipulation of divine/life energy, which leaves you with a fair number of name possibilities.

A few I came up with.
Divine Nexus
Soul Warden
Channeler (a bit iffy on this name)
Lifekeeper
Lifewarden

Ooh. Divine nexus sounds cool. I'll change it when I have time. Thanks.