PDA

View Full Version : D&D 3.x Other Ranger Ability 3.5

Teapot Salty
2014-03-15, 12:27 PM
Hey guys. So, I love the ranger. But..... It's not very good. So I thought of an ability that was partially inspired from twin strike. (silly 4th edition, making me like you just because you made rangers good) I really haven't thought too deeply about this, and I wanted to ask the playground what they thought of it before I went further. So, at fifth level, ranger's get an ability. (can't think of a name) This ability lets them make an extra attack at their highest base attack bonus with whatever weapon(s) they may be wielding at a time (except for crossbows, if they don't have the rapid reload feat, and even then, not heavy crossbows) For example, a 5th level ranger with longbow, makes one extra attack with the bow. A ranger with two swords makes an extra attack with each sword. And so on and so forth. Every five levels beyond 5th (5, 10, 15, 20) They get an extra attack, a 10th level ranger gets to make two extra attacks, and a 15th level ranger makes 3 extra attacks. And so on. What do you guys think? And as always, go nuts.

The Dragon
2014-03-15, 12:40 PM
The obvious exploit is to ignore your combat style feats and use a two-handed weapon.

This seems to be more of a rewrite of the way that full attacks work than a ranger benefit.

Teapot Salty
2014-03-15, 12:41 PM
The obvious exploit is to ignore your combat style feats and use a two-handed weapon.

This seems to be more of a rewrite of the way that full attacks work than a ranger benefit.
Any ideas for changes? I'm always looking for help on new ideas.