PDA

View Full Version : D&D 3.x Other [Monster] Golden A.M.A.Z.O. [PEACH]

AkazilliaDeNaro
2014-04-06, 04:58 AM
Golden A.M.A.Z.O.
http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/1/14751/374929-134108-amazo.jpg

I have evolved far beyond what I was before. You do not want to challenge me.

Golden A.M.A.Z.O.
Large Construct (Shapeshifter)
HD: 9d10+30 (79hp*)
Speed: 30 ft. (6 squares);
Init: +4
AC: 21; (+10 nat, +2 dex, -1 size)touch 12; flat-footed 19
BAB/Grapple +6/+14
Attack: Slam +10 melee (2d8+4)
Full-Attack: 2 Slams +10 melee (2d8+4)
Space/Reach: 10 ft./10 ft
Special Attacks: Study
Special Qualities: Adapt and Evolve, Construct traits, darkvision 60 ft., low-light vision, Replicate,
Saves: Fort +3 Ref +7 Will +6
Abilities: Str 18(+4), Dex 14(+2), Con -(+0), Int 20(+5), Wis 12(+1), Cha 14(+2)
Skills: Appraise +11 Concentration +6 Listen +7 Search +7 Spot +7 Survival +7
Feats: Improved Initiative, Lightning Reflexes, Iron Will
Environment: any urban
Organization: Unique (single)
CR: 6*
Treasure None*
Alignment: True Neutral*
Advancement: by TYPE; Favored Class
Level Adjustmentt:
*At creation, this can and does change over time.

Combat

Study (Ex) - Golden A.M.A.Z.O. can spend a full-round action to Study an opponent and learn its strengths and weaknesses. To study an opponent Golden A.M.A.Z.O. must not move from his position and have line of sight with the target.

Replicate (Ex) - After studying, Golden A.M.A.Z.O. may spend a Full-round action to gain all of the following from the studied target.

Skills Permanently increases his skill ranks to equal that of that target at time of study.
Greater Ability Scores Permanently increases all of his ability scores to equal that of the target at the time of study.
Spells, Spell-like Abilities, and Psionic Powers Permanently gains all Spells, Spell-like abilities, and Psionic powers, that the target had at time of study, regardless of whether or not the target could use them.
Magical Effects Permanently gains all magical effects on the target at time of study. If the effect had a duration, then the duration is considered permanent.
Greater Movement Speeds Permanently improves his movement speeds to equal that of the targets at time of study.
Class Abilities Permanently gains all class abilities of target at time of study.
Racial Traits Permanently gains all racial traits of target at time of study.
Feats and Traits Permanent ly gains all feats and traits of target at time of study.
Weapons, Armor, And Equipment - Permanently gains a duplicate of every non-mundane item the target possessed at the time of study. These duplicate items are created from his body.
Hit Dice and HP - Permanently increases his HD to equal that of the target at time of study, and retroactively upgrades his hit dice to the targets (if better).

Adapt And Evolve (Ex) - After Replicating, Golden A.M.A.Z.O. May spend a standard action to unlearn any one ability or trait gained from his replication ability.

Durazno
2014-04-06, 06:38 AM
How do you define strengths and weaknesses in this case? Like, if this guy scanned a level 2 half-orc fighter, what would he get? Feats, I assume. Racial features? Class features? Skill ranks? Buffs and debuffs? And when a strength and a weakness come together in a package, like the fire subtype giving him resistance to heat and vulnerability to cold, can he get rid of the cold vulnerability without also losing the heat resistance?

I suppose the smart thing for a Golden AMAZO to do would be to observe the party from afar before attacking, or perhaps go trudging through the city in an ill-fitting cloak and scan everyone who looks promising. If I were an artificer and I built one, I'd probably try and get him to scan a changeling first so that he could use their powers of disguise to gather abilities in secret.

AkazilliaDeNaro
2014-04-06, 07:04 AM
How do you define strengths and weaknesses in this case? Like, if this guy scanned a level 2 half-orc fighter, what would he get? Feats, I assume. Racial features? Class features? Skill ranks? Buffs and debuffs? And when a strength and a weakness come together in a package, like the fire subtype giving him resistance to heat and vulnerability to cold, can he get rid of the cold vulnerability without also losing the heat resistance?

Yeah, I need some help on how word the ability.
The best i could come up with was

Replicate (Ex) - After studying, Golden A.M.A.Z.O. may spend a Full-round action to gain all of the following from the studied target.

Skills
Greater Ability scores
Spells
Magical Effects
Powers
Greater Movement Speeds
Class Abilities
Feats
Weapons Armor and Equipment
Hit Dice

I suppose the smart thing for a Golden AMAZO to do would be to observe the party from afar before attacking, or perhaps go trudging through the city in an ill-fitting cloak and scan everyone who looks promising. If I were an artificer and I built one, I'd probably try and get him to scan a changeling first so that he could use their powers of disguise to gather abilities in secret.

But you neglect to realize the absolute terror of this creature, what if he scans a GOD. or pun-pun?

Primal Fury
2014-04-06, 06:58 PM
Yeah, I need some help on how word the ability.
The best i could come up with was

Skills
Greater Ability scores
Spells
Magical Effects
Powers
Greater Movement Speeds
Class Abilities
Feats
Weapons Armor and Equipment
Hit Dice

But you neglect to realize the absolute terror of this creature, what if he scans a GOD. or pun-pun?
I always hated how we didn't get to see AMAZO in action, at least not on the show (I don't know if there was a comic book that had him), so this is kinda cool.

But if he scanned a god, there'd probably all-out war. The gods may not interfere for much, but I think upsetting the balance of creation in this way is one of those things that MIGHT rustle their jimmies.

And if he scanned Pun-pun, then what is wrong with you why did you let Pup-pun into your game? Also, that probably wouldn't work because of the ability Pun-pun just got that prevents AMAZO's ability from working on him.