PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder Homebrew Ideas in the works [Ideas]

Gorr_the_Gastly
2014-04-13, 04:09 AM
Alright so I wanted to make a almost Z-fighter-esque class. Using Invocations to indicate the special mystical aspects of a lot of the characters like flight and so forth.

Ki Blast like a Eldritch Blast, using these Ki blasts in a unique progression. 1d6 +1d6 every other level. At level 8 changes the damage dice to d8, at level 16 the damage dice changes to d10.

Using the Invocations of both the Warlock and DFA, gaining a Invocation per level so 20 at level 20. Separating off the Ki Essence (Blast Essence/Breath Effects) go to 8 at level 20, and Ki Shapes (Blast Shapes) to 6 at level 20.

Ki pool to allow the class to treat its Ki blast as magic, as well as their unarmed strike.

Con to AC

DR 2/- at level 2 up to DR 20/- at twenty, and adding in a bit of the healing factor they all seemed to have. Fast healing 1 at second level that progresses to Fast Healing 10 at level 20 (Or Regeneration 10/Energy)

Any ideas on what I have suggested, or any of your own?

Loek
2014-04-16, 04:38 AM
So basically:

You blast like a warlock on steriods (more dice and higer type of dice).
You 20 + 8 + 6 invocations instead of 12 of them.
You gain monk like abilities (ki-strike and stat to AC)
You gain a very respectable damage reduction (20/- vs the 5 and 6 of barbiarians and dwarven defenders)
You gain fast healing (at an extremely low level, and permanent vs the temp boosts of the warlock) which increases to extremely high.

Gameplay wise, I'd say no in any form of conventional game.

However, if you do the regeneration (instead of the fast healing - better description what does real damage) and it's in a game/world with lots of these kind of people... Yea sounds like (potential) fun.

Some suggestions to make it more acceptable:

Instead of 8 + 6 (essences + shapes) give him 8 of essences or shapes (any way they want to mix).

Less extreme healing/regen and start gaining it a bit later (or in burst, like the warlock, if somewhat longer then the warlock).

Lower range on the ki blasts, maybe increasing with level (or just with blast shapes - in this case lower cap on the spear).

[EDIT] oops, missed the pathfinder tag... not really at home there... no idea if that changes things by much?