+3
+6
Hideous Blow +4d6 (Eldritch Blast +2d6)

+10
+7
+3
+7
Capstone

HD: D8. Class Skills (4 + Int Modifier per level): Bluff, Concentration, Craft, Diplomacy, Intimidate, Jump, Knowledge (arcana), Knowledge (planes), Listen, Martial Lore*, Profession, Sense Motive, Spellcraft, Spot, Use Magic Device.
Requirements:
BAB: +4
Skills: Concentration 8 Ranks, Knowledge (arcana) 4 ranks, Spellcraft 8 ranks
Maneuvers: At least one Devoted Spirit or Iron Heart maneuver.
Stances: At least one Devoted Spirit or Iron Heart Stance
Invocations: Must know the Hideous Blow blast shape
Special: Must be proficient in at least one martial weapon.

Class Abilities:

Armor and Weapon Proficiencies: The Eldritch Knight gains proficiency with Medium and Heavy Armor, but does not gain proficiency in any shields or weapons.

Invocations: An Eldritch Knights class level stacks with any other invoking class (such as Warlock or Dragonfire Adept) when determining his Caster Level and the level of invocations he can learn. The Eldritch Knight gains new invocations known at the levels noted on the table. He can learn any essence or invocation, but cannot learn any blast shapes.
At first level, an Eldritch Knight can use his invocations when wearing Medium armor with no chance of spell failure. At fifth level, he can use his invocations while wearing heavy armor with no chance of spell failure.

Maneuvers Known: At each odd-numbered level, you gain two new maneuvers known from the Devoted Spirit, Iron Heart, Stone Dragon, or White Raven disciplines. At each even-numbered level, you gain one new maneuver known from the. You must meet a maneuver’s prerequisite to learn it. You add your full Eldritch Knight levels to your initiator level to determine your total initiator level and your highest-level maneuvers known. At the third, sixth, and ninth level, you are able to ready another maneuver. He must meet the prerequisites for these maneuver.

Stances Known: At level 5 and 10, the Eldritch Knight gains a new Stance Known from the Devoted Spirit, Iron Heart, Stone Dragon, or White Raven disciplines. He must meet the prerequisites for these stances.

Hideous Strikes: An Eldritch Knight specializes in channeling his eldritch power through his weapon, to the exclusion of all else. As such, the Eldritch Knight gains the first listed bonus to his Eldritch Blast only when using the Hideous blow blast shape, and uses the second when using any other Eldritch Blast shape. Additionally, because of his effort spent mastering this power, he is able to combine his Hideous Blow ability with any Strike or Counter that allows a single attack against of (for instance, it could not be used with Time Stands Still but it could be used with Mithral Tornado). Finally, the Eldritch Knight never suffers spell failure when using his Hideous Strikes ability or Hideous Blow invocation, regardless of the type of armor he wears.

Mettle: Because of his frequent trafficking with dark and mysterious energies, the Eldritch Knight is better able to resist the supernatural effects of creatures and mages. Whenever he makes a Fortitude or Will Save against a spell, spell like ability, or supernatural ability that would have a partial effect, he instead suffers no effect.

Eater of Magic: By he Eldritch Knight’s familiarity with magic energies is so complete that instead of merely shaking the effects off, he absorbs some of the energy, suffusing him with renewed vigor. Once per combat, when the Eldritch Knight suffers no effect from a spell, spell like ability, or supernatural ability, he gains a number of temporary hit points equal to the level of the caster level of the effects creator (or if the creature has no caster level, the Hit Die of the creator).

Capstone: I'm not sure what I want to use here. I was thinking of allowing the Eldritch Knight to use Hideous Blow multiple times per round (e.g. on a strike that allows multiple attacks, or on a full attack), but that seems pretty strong for something that could be spammed every round.

Fluff will come later. But basically, I wanted to synthesize the Warlock (or perhaps a dragonfire adept that has picked up a level in warlock) and Martial Initiators to create a striker that capitalizes on single, devastating blows charged with energy and is able to do combat with other casters. I also wanted to create a martial alternative to the Glaive or Clawlock, since those are both kind of goofy concepts to me.

I know it's pretty much just a cobbling together of other ideas as is, so I'd love some feedback. It seems fairly balanced for a strong tier 3 to me, but I haven't got the best eye for balance. Criticisms, ideas to improve or add something, suggested reading material, whatever you want to throw my way would be appreciated. Also, I'd love suggestions for a capstone, as that's something I can't quite figure out to a satisfying extent.