PDA

View Full Version : D&D 3.x Other Homebrewing the bar with Socratov

Socratov
2014-04-14, 05:33 PM
So, kudos if you recognise the reference in the title.

so, welcome playgrounders who love to create a better system then WotC gave us in the first place.

Now, there is this joke that when the wizards fights, that he summons a balor on round 1, a deck chair on round 2 and a martini on round 3 to enjoy the resulting battle.

Now, let's raise this bar I said I would at least homebrew the spells:

Leomund's/Mordekainen's Finely Stocked Bar

and

Summon Deck chair

and I really mean to make them decently, fit for a funny campaign I intend to join one day...

Now where do you come in? Easy: I have no idea about balance when it comes to spells. Also, I have this idea we can make more of this (like a PrC, base class or pretty much whatever) and really make it cool. Oh, and if you're not convinced: think of those poor martiniless and too poor to have a deck chair wizards!

Shining Wrath
2014-04-14, 06:09 PM
So we start with the Malconvoker PrC for summoning goodness, if you'll pardon the expression. And improve it, producing the Malconwatcher.
Then, we add a plane of Evil Dives to our cosmology.
The Malconwatcher Summons Balors from the plane of Evil Dives, but the Balor comes bearing its own drink - which, through the magic of It's Magic, is exactly the drink preferred by the Malconwatcher.
Then add a special item, Pants of the Barcolounger, which convert into said leisure chair as a swift action.
In one round, the Malconwatcher summons the Balor, relieves it of the drink, sends it into combat, and converts his pants into a comfy seat.

SliceandDiceKid
2014-04-14, 07:38 PM
So, kudos if you recognise the reference in the title.

so, welcome playgrounders who love to create a better system then WotC gave us in the first place.

Now, there is this joke that when the wizards fights, that he summons a balor on round 1, a deck chair on round 2 and a martini on round 3 to enjoy the resulting battle.

Now, let's raise this bar I said I would at least homebrew the spells:

Leomund's/Mordekainen's Finely Stocked Bar

and

Summon Deck chair

and I really mean to make them decently, fit for a funny campaign I intend to join one day...

Now where do you come in? Easy: I have no idea about balance when it comes to spells. Also, I have this idea we can make more of this (like a PrC, base class or pretty much whatever) and really make it cool. Oh, and if you're not convinced: think of those poor martiniless and too poor to have a deck chair wizards!

I believe there's a spell for a chest that follows you. Make it shaped like a small wetbar. Summon bar wench?

Her cha matches yours. Woohoo!!!!

SliceandDiceKid
2014-04-14, 07:40 PM
For the chair, balance it with tenser's floating disk?

SliceandDiceKid
2014-04-14, 07:46 PM
I believe there's a spell for a chest that follows you. Make it shaped like a small wetbar. Summon bar wench?

Her cha matches yours. Woohoo!!!!

Make these two independent spells. Or make it like summon monster, choose between different genders to suit different company. If good aligned, some appropriately angelic being serves you. If neutral or evil maybe a tiefling?

UMD to fake an alignment if you want. Bahaha

Quickly spruce up a building.
Wine and dine your enemies.
CoughpoisonCOUGH

dextercorvia
2014-04-14, 07:49 PM
Mordenkainen beat you to the rum punch.

Mordenkainen's Beach Resort (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/spells/magesMagnificentMansion.htm)

You can create any floor plan you desire to the limit of the spell’s effect. The place is furnished and contains sufficient foodstuffs to serve a nine-course banquet to a dozen people per caster level. A staff of near-transparent servants (as many as two per caster level), liveried and obedient, wait upon all who enter. The servants function as unseen servant spells except that they are visible and can go anywhere in the mansion.

Eldan
2014-04-15, 02:40 AM
For the bar, I'd say aim for around Create Food and Drink. Desk Chair... I'm really not sure. Summon Instrument as a balancing point?

umbrapolaris
2014-04-15, 06:52 AM
For the bar, I'd say aim for around Create Food and Drink. Desk Chair... I'm really not sure. Summon Instrument as a balancing point?

summon a Mimic :smallbiggrin: