PDA

View Full Version : Luggage (New Magic Item!)

Leather_Book_Wizard
2007-02-07, 05:37 PM
For all you Discworld fans out there!
The Luggage
The Luggage is a Large wooden chest with a dim sentience that follows its master wherever he goes. It can have only one master at a time and moves it the speed of its master. It walks on hundreds of tiny legs,in a swaying motion. The chest opens and has a contents weight limit of 1,500 lb. and a contents volume limit of 250 cu. ft. The chest can be locked ( Open Lock DC 30) and anyone attempting to open the chest without the owners permission will be bitten. The bite does 2d6 points of damage. The chest has 3d8 hitpoints and hardness 10.
Moderate Transmutation; CL 11th; Leomund's secret chest; animate objects .
If anyone has any feedback, it will be appreciated.

cferejohn
2007-02-07, 06:18 PM
Eh. A little too demystifying for me. The chest had an artifact-y feel to it to me, though admittedly it's been years since I read those books...

Earthstar_Fungus
2007-02-07, 07:26 PM
Well, just about everyone had one in the Counterweight Continent. I think it should require some kind of rare/sentient wood to make though.

Winged One
2007-02-07, 07:35 PM
Well, Rincewind's Luggage should be an artifact, but I like that there's a standard version as well. What does it cost to buy or create?

Amphimir Míriel
2007-02-08, 12:21 AM
For all you Discworld fans out there!
The Luggage
The Luggage is a Large wooden chest with a dim sentience that follows its master wherever he goes. It can have only one master at a time and moves it the speed of its master. It walks on hundreds of tiny legs,in a swaying motion. The chest opens and has a contents weight limit of 1,500 lb. and a contents volume limit of 250 cu. ft. The chest can be locked ( Open Lock DC 30) and anyone attempting to open the chest without the owners permission will be bitten. The bite does 2d6 points of damage. The chest has 3d8 hitpoints and hardness 10.
Moderate Transmutation; CL 11th; Leomund's secret chest; animate objects .
If anyone has any feedback, it will be appreciated.

I think it should have way more hardness and hitpoints... The Luggage survived being attacked by lots of creatures and even made it through a trip to the dungeon dimensions...

And it should have a "swallow whole" type of feat... with the swallowed creature being sent to the ethereal plane, or something like that...