PDA

View Full Version : Erfworld Moves to Tues-Sat Schedule

The Giant
2007-02-07, 11:47 PM
Just as the title says; effective immediately, Erfworld is moving to a Tuesday/Saturday schedule, rather than a Tuesday/Thursday.

Rob tells me it was partly as a result of fan feedback, which requested a shorter gap between installments, and partly as a result of his apartment building catching on fire and him thus not getting this Thursday's strip done in time. (For those that don't know, Rob letters the strip after Jamie does the art, and so is the last to touch it.)

Erk
2007-02-07, 11:49 PM
Holy crap, is Rob okay?

The new update schedule ought to be nice. I don't have very many comics that update on Saturday.

ElfLad
2007-02-07, 11:50 PM
Cool, I'll actually like this schedule better.

Nazzo, the 102nd
2007-02-07, 11:53 PM
Yes, I like it too. Well, 4 days of waiting is still better than 5 days, isn't it?

pclips
2007-02-07, 11:53 PM
Holy crap, is Rob okay?

The new update schedule ought to be nice. I don't have very many comics that update on Saturday.

I'm fine, everyone. It's been a horrendous inconvenience, but fortunately that's all. There's a long and interesting story, but that's the short of it.

TinSoldier
2007-02-08, 12:04 AM
I'm just glad that you are okay.

Mr_Saturn
2007-02-08, 12:21 AM
OooOoo, good choice. But too bad there wont be a smash of day-after-day comics during the weekdays.

Solarious
2007-02-08, 12:43 AM
Well, our slaves are safe, and that's the important part.

Wait, did I say slaves? I meant: 'no one was hurt, and that's the important part'.

And that's exactly what I said if you know what's good for you!

;)

Cyclone231
2007-02-08, 01:16 AM
I'm confused.

How is there a shorter gap between Tues-Sat than Tues-Thurs?

Renegade Paladin
2007-02-08, 02:05 AM
I'm fine, everyone. It's been a horrendous inconvenience, but fortunately that's all. There's a long and interesting story, but that's the short of it.
I sympathize; my own apartment burned at the end of June. Fortunately, my computer's hard drives and almost all my books were salvageable. It makes a horrid mess. I hope you didn't lose much.

The Giant
2007-02-08, 02:25 AM
I'm confused.

How is there a shorter gap between Tues-Sat than Tues-Thurs?

There's not. There's a shorter gap between Saturday and Tuesday than between Thursday and Tuesday. Before, you had to wait 2 days, then 5 days. Now, you have to wait 4 days then 3 days. It's more balanced.

Erk
2007-02-08, 02:41 AM
:smallwink: it is a good thing we keep you webcomic writers around. Nobody would do our math for us otherwise.

Rob, are you going to share the story?

Green Bean
2007-02-08, 03:13 AM
My feelings can only be expressed in Haiku...

Fire and fan feed-back
Can move the tallest mountain
Balanced updates rock!

Khantalas
2007-02-08, 03:42 AM
Of course, if some people weren't too darned lazy, we could get Erfworld every day.

Working on a webcomic is slave labor. Feel my lash on your backs! :smalltongue:

Ashildr_the_Bard
2007-02-08, 04:57 AM
Now what am I going to do on Thursdays? Come on, man, I need my fix!

Om
2007-02-08, 06:38 AM
Would it be poor taste for me to make a joke about how Rob should have braved the fire to deliver the next update?

Theodoxus
2007-02-08, 09:51 AM
Now what am I going to do on Thursdays? Come on, man, I need my fix!

Yeah, this kinda bites - I only read the comics at work, so I'll have two comics to read on Monday, and none to read on Friday - provided the Giant doesn't post Fridays comic by 6pm Est.

You should enlist a once weekly comic to post on Thursdays, so I can keep my Friday fix :)

Theo

Khantalas
2007-02-08, 10:54 AM
How about this:

Order of the Stick: Mon - Wed - Fri

Erfworld: Tue - Sat

Some other webcomic : Thur - Sun

Yes, I should be locked up in a mental institution. But I want webcomics all week round, and Dominic Deegan isn't enough.

Robberbaron
2007-02-08, 10:57 AM
At present I only read three comics that update consistantly, OoTS, Erfworld, and Goblins, was kind of nice having Monday through Sat with solid updates. Now I'll have a midweek gap, and an extra one on Sat, albeit last three weeks I've not been able to read Goblins till Sunday, I kind of prefered the old schedule, but will eventually adjust to this one.

onasuma
2007-02-08, 11:02 AM
I liked the tues-thurs secdual, but things change

pendell
2007-02-08, 11:54 AM
Great horrors!

I've had two apartment buildings burn down ... both after I'd moved out of them, fortunately.

Apt #1 burned down when someone left a battery on the patio in sunlight. It exploded. Scratch one building.

Apt #2 burned down when a pre-teen was smoking a cigarette and, when seeing mom come along, threw the cigarette someplace it didn't belong. Scratch another.

Apartment fires are *no fun*. Glad to hear you got out okay.

Respectfully,

Brian P.

Uzraid
2007-02-08, 01:07 PM
As long as Partially Clips is updated religiously on Thursdays, I'll be fine.

WampaX
2007-02-08, 01:12 PM

Jeeze.
I knew Erfworld was attracting some flames/flamers . . . but I didn't think it would become so literal. :smallwink:

Djagir
2007-02-08, 03:16 PM
Is there something wrong with me if my first thought was that they were instituting a scorched Erf policy?

Mr Wizard
2007-02-08, 03:34 PM
Jeeze.
I knew Erfworld was attracting some flames/flamers . . . but I didn't think it would become so literal. :smallwink:

Teehee!

Glad you are okay Rob.

Was the PartiallyClips comic prophetic or inspired?:smallwink:

Darth Paradox
2007-02-08, 03:44 PM
Was the PartiallyClips comic prophetic or inspired?:smallwink:

Inspired - he says so in the commentary....

Green Bean
2007-02-08, 04:08 PM
Is there something wrong with me if my first thought was that they were instituting a scorched Erf policy?

The Puns! They BURNS US!!!

Telonius
2007-02-08, 04:08 PM
Yikes! Glad to hear you're okay. And also glad to hear that I can look forward to new comics on the weekend! :smallsmile:

Hilary Moon Murphy
2007-02-08, 05:10 PM
http://www.sff.net/people/hmm/images/flamehead.gif

Rob --

Hey, I'm the one with the fiery horse fetish, not you. Keeping the midnight oil burning is okay; burning down your apartment is not.

Glad to hear you're okay!

Hmm

fwiffo
2007-02-08, 08:05 PM
Yeah... just because comic has been posted late a few times is no reason to hold Rob's feet to the fire.

Don't give in to those people, Rob! Fight fire with fire.

Yendal
2007-02-08, 08:18 PM
I'd personally like to see Erf on a Tues/Thurs/Sat schedule. Twice a week is just NOT ENOUGH!

Izzo
2007-02-08, 09:55 PM
So I guess that means I can stop Alt F5ing on the main page now, huh?

I hope nobody was injured in the fire, and no worldly possessions were lost.

And on a final note, I liked the Tues/Thurs schedule. It meant OotS one night, Erfworld the next, etc. through Friday. And for weekend night entertainment, alcohol!

I needs my fix... needs it... gonna see if they sell Erfworld patches down at the RiteAid.

mixmastermind
2007-02-08, 09:57 PM
Oh God, what am I gonna do Thursdays now?

Kanthalion
2007-02-08, 11:08 PM
Anybody know of a good comic that updates on Thursday now? cause if I find that, then I will have comic-y goodness all week long!

Sun-Goblins, Mon-OotS, Tues-Erfworld, Wed-OotS, Thurs-?, Fri-OotS, Sat-Erfworld and randomly whenever he can get it up, ALP.

So you see, I am missing a day. Any suggestions?

Edit: Dude, when did I become a Halfling?!
*does the formerly winged but now hairy footed dance*

motorfirebox
2007-02-08, 11:18 PM
LFG (http://www.lfgcomic.com/) updates on thursdays, and also mondays. it's more oriented towards World of Warcraft than tabletop gaming, but it has amused me thus far.

taigen
2007-02-08, 11:20 PM
Shakes and convulses as Erfworld withdrawl kicks in....

I'll be ok.. seriously... I think....

Not that I would complain a lot if it was 3 times a week... not at all... must know what Parson says next.... *needs an Erfworld patch... *

denhard76
2007-02-09, 02:35 AM
I think when we asked for the change we wanted it 3 times a week and not 2. :smallfrown:

So with that said I order you to do updates Tues, Thurs, and Saturday.

The beatings will continue until morale improves. :furious:

Om
2007-02-09, 07:19 AM
Oh God, what am I gonna do Thursdays now?Move to Europe so you can read OotS on Thurs

Nazzo, the 102nd
2007-02-09, 08:49 AM
Anybody know of a good comic that updates on Thursday now? cause if I find that, then I will have comic-y goodness all week long!

You can read 8-Bit Theater. It updates on Tuesdays, Thursdays and Saturdays.

As long as Partially Clips is updated religiously on Thursdays, I'll be fine.

Or that. With the advantage of being a comic by the same author! :smallbiggrin:

Erk
2007-02-09, 10:20 AM
You can read 8-Bit Theater. It updates on Tuesdays, Thursdays and Saturdays.

Good lord. I have been reading 8-bit theatre for five years. All that time I thought its update schedule was "regular but random". You mean there are real schedules? How was I not made aware of this??

Rob: glad to hear, from pclips post, that things are sort-of okay. I hope there are/were no unexpected complications, like the electrical smoke causing portals between this world and the unspeakable to open. I hate it when that happens.

Sebastian Bux
2007-02-09, 10:35 AM
I just want to go on the record as saying that I was at home with my wife on the night in question :)

Seriously though, I'm glad Rob's okay. That really sucks (the fire, not the schedule change).

Gamebird
2007-02-09, 01:44 PM
Dern it. I preferred the Tues-Thurs myself, due also to reading it at work.

Despite not getting a lot of the jokes, the plot is moving along well and that was always the part I could understand (and liked).

LurkerBeneath
2007-02-09, 07:38 PM
Nodwick and Full Frontal Nerdity (http://nodwick.humor.gamespy.com/) update on Thursdays.
-LB

RBPRX1204
2007-02-13, 12:30 AM
What's really funny to me is that the day this announcment came out, I got my Dragon magazine in the mail. Inside is a short article about Erfworld being on GITP, and being posted on Tuesdays and Thursdays. LMAO. Cracked me up, man. Keep up the good work, whatever day it comes out.

Aimbot
2007-02-14, 03:05 PM
Does anyone actually work at work?

WampaX
2007-02-14, 03:20 PM
Does anyone actually work at work?

In between bouts of not working, I do tend to work at work.

moleytov
2007-02-14, 03:28 PM
TSOALR updates on a thursay - if W40k is your thing :)

pclips
2007-02-14, 07:08 PM
What's really funny to me is that the day this announcment came out, I got my Dragon magazine in the mail. Inside is a short article about Erfworld being on GITP, and being posted on Tuesdays and Thursdays. LMAO. Cracked me up, man. Keep up the good work, whatever day it comes out.

I went out and bought the January and February issues and I don't see the article. Was this the March issue? Would you mind giving me all the info on the article you can? Thanks.