PDA

View Full Version : Nexus Dancing Fox Inn X: Four Left Paws

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6

Deathkeeper
2014-04-17, 09:27 PM
http://i300.photobucket.com/albums/nn7/KCK_015/DancingFoxInnSign1.jpg

Welcome to the Dancing Fox Inn! Come and try our one of a kind beverages and food, chat with friends, or grab a private room and relax. All are welcome to the Dancing Fox Inn.

We would like to ask, please, no smoking in the establishment unless you are on fire. We understand that there are often exceptions. Thank you for understanding. Be sure to enjoy your stay.
If your characters are upstairs, please say so to avoid confusing the other occupants

Description:
The inn is . . . indescribable. Size wise, anyway. It has as many tables as needed, and as many chairs as needed. So that needn't be said as well.

The floors are rough hewn logs. In fact the whole inn is made of wood, with a solid foundation of stones. There is a downstairs common room of tables and private booths, and an upstairs with bedrooms. There is a bar, behind the bar is a kitchen. The tables and seats are made of wood. The private booths are also made of wood but the seats are cushioned by dirty often-cleaned and torn patched pillows. There is also a basement that acts as storage for the drinks and food (and a secret meeting place). Access to the basement is through the kitchen.

Renn usually keeps a heavy crossbow already cocked and loaded under the bar. He also has a sleeping power next to it that he sometimes uses on the crossbow bolts or sprinkles into a rowdy drunks drink.
Mist Anders is usually at the bar, with all the convenient tools like that in his pockets. The fox-boy is currently both the bartender and the waiter, but don't worry, his hands won't shed into your drinks.
Also nearly always there is the current manager Naku, her long hair and pale complexion complemented by her pretty smile which just so happens to reveal a set of fangs.

The inn as a whole can be described as a little dirty and run down, but at the same time it's homey. Its repair might be a difficult fix, but its cleanliness is usually not a problem unless someone's kept the employees from fixing that up. Mist has too much time on his hands.

Current Staff:
Naku - Barkeep and Manager
Mist Anders- Barboy
/*Not Empty*/ - Barmaid
Empty - Waiter
Strahd - Cook
Empty - Bard

HIRING: Could use a Bard. Or maybe not, if you asked for the post already just remind us!

THE MENU:

Under Complete Overhaul. Until it's done, just ask Naku and/or Mist for something.

Wines*:
Fender Bender Mender: A nice wine mixed with a healing potion. Comes in non-alcoholic. No one can quite decide on what it tastes like, as it likes healing taste-buds and making itself taste divine.
Bar Drinks*: RC Nuka Cola. A fairly decent knock-off without the unfortunate ingredient of radiation
Beers, Ales & Such*: If it's found in the Nexus, there's probably a pint of it somewhere
Food: Roast Pheasant, barbecued ribs, fresh fruit, and honestly anything you could probably think of. Or that you couldn't, Strahd does that sometimes.
Dessert:

*Can substitute the alcohol for a magical liquid that can make anybody drunk, no matter what the resistance, for a little extra.

Some Excellent Poems
Dancing Fox Inn (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=5113391&postcount=1400) and DFI '09 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=5592826&postcount=1146)
The Ballad of the Inn (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=4780487&postcount=714)
We Dream of a Town (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=4561030&postcount=61)

http://i25.tinypic.com/2i6nrlz.png
http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q106/Beans-tastic/beansseal.png

Side note: The DFI is not in any way, shape, or form, inside Inside. It's just a quiet little place off somewhere, that would like to stay free from apoco-plawts, various inter-warring factions, and all that jazz.
Everyone is equally welcome here, just please leave it at the door.

And, as such,
On Violence:
The DFI is a peaceful place. There has been some IC, as well as OoC, talk about it, and the end result is 'please, for the sake of everyone else, don't do it'. If you want to fight, go elsewhere.
If you insist on fighting here, you will probably find your weapons turning into nerf versions of what they used to be, until you leave. After you leave they'll be returned to what they should be.
If you try to teleport someone out so you can kill them, it will fizzle and not work. Teleporting out in order to go do plot or RP stuff is fine. Just not to work around the rules and kill someone.
Lastly, if you choose to ignore these and keep trying to fight, you will either be ignored, or the entire inn and everyone else in it will be teleported off somewhere else, leaving you where it had been completely alone.
Or, you might find that there's a Nerf gun in your holster instead of your Glock. And a cheese stick in your knife sheathe. And generally other odd coincidences which would make that loadout rather useless.

Though please just don't.

Enjoy your stay.

And no, Mist can't dance, no matter what the name might have led you to believe.

Murkus
2014-04-18, 08:33 AM
Mist scoffs and sarcastically turns his head to the side.
"And what did I just say about not objectifying? " he says, apparently leaving his boss to deal with that particular customer.

"Oh, c'mon, how is that objectifying?" Tina asks, laughter mingling with her words. The girl may or may not fully understand what that term means. She crosses her arms and looks at him, those dark eyes gleaming. "I guess you'll just go dateless forever."

Morcleon
2014-04-20, 10:18 AM
Amelia's Room

Between being drugged and cut off from Amelia the wires seem to quiet down to the point that Yuki should be able to ignore them as harmless. When the young doctor turns back to Amelia he might be annoyed to find the wires already starting to grow back from where he was cutting them away.

Amelia's Room

Sighing in relief, Yuki turns his attention once again to the wires within Amelia's system. He begins drawing out the remnant magic once again, this time making sure that no wires enter his orb. Once he's satisfied that there is insufficient magic for the wires to draw on, he starts cutting again.

Deathkeeper
2014-04-20, 12:04 PM
"It counts close enough when you're thinking of people just for things like that instead of as just people. But yes, clearly I'll be stuck single forever, working in a job which requires me to talk to various pretty girls who come in without any obligations. Truly a most terrible fate." he says with a smirk of his snout and ears.

PallElendro
2014-04-20, 12:06 PM
Claire re-enters the inn and sits with the rest of her group. Strangely, Elendro and Nekokaburi haven't arrived yet.
"Sorry I took so long. You lot enjoy your food?" Claire asks nonchalantly.
"I could fight a Chikyuu-jin man with blonde hair," Kyran says heartily. "But first, I'll have to pay for the food. Do you think this place takes debit? If not, I have a few bars of karenshi-lyte I could break into strips, assuming conversion exists here."
"Given the nature of the Nexus, I would assume there is a fair conversion rate that would round out to a mere few strips," Anastrinna says.

Arkhosia
2014-04-20, 10:07 PM
Mist and Fettina may notice Thalia blushing profusely.
I think she heard them completely

Zefir
2014-04-21, 03:40 AM
And here enters a new person, well at least he is new to the Dancing Fox Inn. The man, 6'2" tall, wears a long white labcoat and some Jeans under it. His black hair is cut short adn his left eye seems to miss eye color.
He will sit down at the bar, hopefully seeing the barkeeper or barboy.

"A beer, please." Andy orders. He tries to avoid appearing a bit sad, but coming alone into a bar for a drink can't be a happy moment, right?

ThirdEmperor
2014-04-22, 12:30 AM
"Well, y'know, dying is sorta the plan B and I'd rather not, but.." He makes a face and lets that like die off there. Real pleasant conversation they're having here, and despite his best attempts in staring at the empty glass, his Irish milkshake doesn't appear to be refilling itself.

"Yeah, diinosaurs are neat. Uh, you're gonna want a hazmat suit, the whole place is kinda bad for humans, so, suit up or magic up or something."

Mee
2014-04-22, 12:39 AM
And here enters a new person, well at least he is new to the Dancing Fox Inn. The man, 6'2" tall, wears a long white labcoat and some Jeans under it. His black hair is cut short adn his left eye seems to miss eye color.
He will sit down at the bar, hopefully seeing the barkeeper or barboy.

"A beer, please." Andy orders. He tries to avoid appearing a bit sad, but coming alone into a bar for a drink can't be a happy moment, right?

"Of course." Naku says, grabbing him a beer, and handing it across the bar to the man. "You all right?"

Zefir
2014-04-22, 01:16 AM
Andy takes the beer and drops a few coins, enougth for the beer and a tip. He takes a sip befor he speaks up.

"I'm alright. It's just this doctor stuff that bothers me. You tell a patient to rest at least for a bit, but they immediatly think they are ok and up for another deadly task. Damn I don't got those magical powers."

Then he takes another deep sip of the beer and looks down into the rest of it, maybe watching his own reflection on the beer.

Murkus
2014-04-22, 11:42 AM
"It counts close enough when you're thinking of people just for things like that instead of as just people. But yes, clearly I'll be stuck single forever, working in a job which requires me to talk to various pretty girls who come in without any obligations. Truly a most terrible fate." he says with a smirk of his snout and ears.

"Sheesh, what sorta things are you thinking of?" Tina asks, her thin, crystalline voice turned teasing. "I'll admit, I do see plenty of talking in your future."

Mee
2014-04-22, 01:23 PM
Andy takes the beer and drops a few coins, enougth for the beer and a tip. He takes a sip befor he speaks up.

"I'm alright. It's just this doctor stuff that bothers me. You tell a patient to rest at least for a bit, but they immediatly think they are ok and up for another deadly task. Damn I don't got those magical powers."

Then he takes another deep sip of the beer and looks down into the rest of it, maybe watching his own reflection on the beer.

"That I understand. It happened back home quite a bit. Heck, I've done it more than once. 'No doc, I'm fine, I swear. I'm just going to pop all these stitches and bleed out everywhere being dumb'.

Did anyone die?" Naku asks, somewhat sadly.

McBish
2014-04-22, 01:31 PM
Amelia's Room

Sighing in relief, Yuki turns his attention once again to the wires within Amelia's system. He begins drawing out the remnant magic once again, this time making sure that no wires enter his orb. Once he's satisfied that there is insufficient magic for the wires to draw on, he starts cutting again.

Well he is in for a long and most likely very tiring process. The wires try and regrow, and he has to cut more. A couple of times he will probably have to go back to an area he thought was clear of the malicious magic to cut away a resurgance of the wires. Depending on his stamina he might not be able to get it all done in one sitting, and if he does he should be pretty tired. Not Amelia though, after awhile she will safely drift off into sleep and will probably be well rested once the operation is done.

Zefir
2014-04-22, 01:45 PM
"That I understand. It happened back home quite a bit. Heck, I've done it more than once. 'No doc, I'm fine, I swear. I'm just going to pop all these stitches and bleed out everywhere being dumb'.

Did anyone die?" Naku asks, somewhat sadly.

Andy looks up a bit shocked.

"You should really contact someone to look over it." he replies, assuming she still got the scares.

"I hope not." he answers her question afterwards. "He just disapeared. And I got no idea where he went."

Mee
2014-04-22, 02:08 PM
Andy looks up a bit shocked.

"You should really contact someone to look over it." he replies, assuming she still got the scares.

"I hope not." he answers her question afterwards. "He just disapeared. And I got no idea where he went."

Naku shakes her head slightly. "That was a long time ago. I'm all right. Thank you though."

She nods at his other response, though. "Was the patient a friend of yours?"

Zefir
2014-04-22, 02:25 PM
Andy let's out a sight as he hears that things are long ago. At least that means it didn't kill her so he doesn't need to worry.

"No. He was barly alive when he came in and after I treated him we didn't talked much. I just told him to wait a day befor leaving bed, but he didn't listen. It doesn't need tp be a friend to feel bad about it."

PallElendro
2014-04-23, 05:16 PM
Elendro and Nekokaburi re-enter the bar. However, Elendro walks past his group's table and goes directly to the bar, looking exhausted and a little more pale than usual. He presses his hands against his face and looks close to dozing off.

Murkus
2014-04-24, 03:40 AM
A handsome stranger slips inside the Dancing Fox, setting the lady-folk abuzz. Well, at least that's how he'd go about narrating it. This stranger's certainly not ugly. He's a big, Caucasian fellow, about as human as they come (at least on his planet). He's possessed of strong, broad features, and has a big mouth well suited to a good laugh or a crude boast. His skin is fair, if slightly pale, and his hair is dark. A few days worth of stubble lingers around his chin and jaw, lending a bit of roughness to his otherwise clean face.

He's dressed casual. His hair's a bit long, and he's got it combed tightly back against his head.

John (as that's what he's come to call himself) lowers himself onto a stool beside one miss Thalia, his eyes turning immediately upon her. "Hi there," he says, in about the most relaxed tone of voice you'll ever hear. If you're gonna sit next to someone you oughta at least be polite.

Solidarity
2014-04-24, 08:17 AM
Andy let's out a sight as he hears that things are long ago. At least that means it didn't kill her so he doesn't need to worry.

"No. He was barly alive when he came in and after I treated him we didn't talked much. I just told him to wait a day befor leaving bed, but he didn't listen. It doesn't need tp be a friend to feel bad about it."

At this, a man next to him at the bar shifts toward Andy, unable to resist chiming in. He's about 6'1'', wearing slightly outdated clothes and an increasing look of concern.

"Sorry to interrupt," Suscipio begins. "but did you say he simply vanished? Your patient I mean. Do you remember any physical description or maybe what was wrong with his condition when he came to see you?"

He then turns to the barkeep and nods politely.

"Might I have another beer for this man here, and a Djinn and Tonic for me if you've any in stock?"

I feel a story behind this.

Arkhosia
2014-04-24, 10:42 AM
A handsome stranger slips inside the Dancing Fox, setting the lady-folk abuzz. Well, at least that's how he'd go about narrating it. This stranger's certainly not ugly. He's a big, Caucasian fellow, about as human as they come (at least on his planet). He's possessed of strong, broad features, and has a big mouth well suited to a good laugh or a crude boast. His skin is fair, if slightly pale, and his hair is dark. A few days worth of stubble lingers around his chin and jaw, lending a bit of roughness to his otherwise clean face.

He's dressed casual. His hair's a bit long, and he's got it combed tightly back against his head.

John (as that's what he's come to call himself) lowers himself onto a stool beside one miss Thalia, his eyes turning immediately upon her. "Hi there," he says, in about the most relaxed tone of voice you'll ever hear. If you're gonna sit next to someone you oughta at least be polite.

Hello.
thalia simply replies, smiling slightly as she sips her drink.

Deathkeeper
2014-04-24, 03:10 PM
"Sheesh, what sorta things are you thinking of?" Tina asks, her thin, crystalline voice turned teasing. "I'll admit, I do see plenty of talking in your future."

Mist shrugs.
"you know, I think you might just be making fun of me." he says with another scoff.

Mee
2014-04-24, 03:22 PM
Elendro and Nekokaburi re-enter the bar. However, Elendro walks past his group's table and goes directly to the bar, looking exhausted and a little more pale than usual. He presses his hands against his face and looks close to dozing off.

"You look terrible. What happened, and can I get you anything?"

"It definitely doesn't need to be a friend to feel bad about it, I agree. But it's always worse when it is a friend." Naku says, sighing and shaking her head slightly.

At this, a man next to him at the bar shifts toward Andy, unable to resist chiming in. He's about 6'1'', wearing slightly outdated clothes and an increasing look of concern.

"Sorry to interrupt," Suscipio begins. "but did you say he simply vanished? Your patient I mean. Do you remember any physical description or maybe what was wrong with his condition when he came to see you?"

"Might I have another beer for this man here, and a Djinn and Tonic for me if you've any in stock?"

"Aaabsolutely." Naku says, kneeling and drawing out the various alcohols. She slides the beer across to Andy, and quickly mixes up the Djinn and Tonic. "Anything else?" She asks, sliding the drink across to the man.

Zefir
2014-04-24, 03:35 PM

"If you need a doctor, well here I am." Andy says. He is allways on duty, even at his breakes.

"Well, he missed the bones of one leg and the other leg was broken badly. I fixed both so he should be able to walk again very soon. And no, I won't give you a description. I don't know you and so I don't know what your concerns are."

((The char he is talking about isn't one of mine. I go ask the player if he wantes to ger searched.))

"It definitely doesn't need to be a friend to feel bad about it, I agree. But it's always worse when it is a friend." Naku says, sighing and shaking her head slightly.

"Aaabsolutely." Naku says, kneeling and drawing out the various alcohols. She slides the beer across to Andy, and quickly mixes up the Djinn and Tonic. "Anything else?" She asks, sliding the drink across to the man.

Andy tries to stop her befor she makes the beer.

"No thanks. Mine is still half full. Maybe later if I'm done, if I don't have to work." he sais with a look at the pale guy.
"And yes, it's allways bad to loose a friend or girlfriend that way." he says with a deep sight.

PallElendro
2014-04-24, 04:38 PM
Elendro takes a deep breath and tries to recollect his thoughts. "Unngh. Flagon of dwarven mead. Extra iron supplement, if you can." He drops two solid slips of gold-plated karenshi-lyte.

"If you need a doctor, well here I am." Andy says. He is allways on duty, even at his breakes.

"Mighty kind of you, sir. But unless you have a blood pack on hand, I'll have to deal with a little wooziness for a week." He bows his head slightly and cracks a tiny smile.

Mee
2014-04-24, 04:49 PM
Andy tries to stop her befor she makes the beer.

"No thanks. Mine is still half full. Maybe later if I'm done, if I don't have to work." he sais with a look at the pale guy.
"And yes, it's allways bad to loose a friend or girlfriend that way." he says with a deep sight.

"Well, all right. I'll keep it over here and cold for you. But it's yours if you want it." Naku says, taking it back, and putting the beer back under the bar.

Elendro takes a deep breath and tries to recollect his thoughts. "Unngh. Flagon of dwarven mead. Extra iron supplement, if you can." He drops two solid slips of gold-plated karenshi-lyte.

"Mighty kind of you, sir. But unless you have a blood pack on hand, I'll have to deal with a little wooziness for a week." He bows his head slightly and cracks a tiny smile.

As Naku slides the requested drink across the bar to Elendro, she offers, somewhat hesitantly, "I could . . . maybe . . . help?"

PallElendro
2014-04-24, 04:57 PM
As Naku slides the requested drink across the bar to Elendro, she offers, somewhat hesitantly, [COLOR="#4B0082"]"I could . . . maybe . . . help?"

"How do you figure?" Elendro asks slurredly. And that's before he starts drinking. When he starts drinking, he recoils lightly, putting the tankard down and swallowing down just a few sips.

Solidarity
2014-04-24, 09:39 PM
"Well, he missed the bones of one leg and the other leg was broken badly. I fixed both so he should be able to walk again very soon. And no, I won't give you a description. I don't know you and so I don't know what your concerns are."

((The char he is talking about isn't one of mine. I go ask the player if he wantes to ger searched.))

Taken slightly aback, Suscipio reels from the comment.

"Terribly sorry. Pardon my concern." he says eyes suddenly wide in confusion. He looks back to Naku. "Thank you, that'd be it for me."

He turns back to his drink and hands over the money for both.

Mee
2014-04-24, 09:49 PM
"How do you figure?" Elendro asks slurredly. And that's before he starts drinking. When he starts drinking, he recoils lightly, putting the tankard down and swallowing down just a few sips.

"Weeeelllll. I am a Blood Mage. I could probably kick-start your blood cell regen. You might need some extra food to make up for the fuel it'll burn pretty quickly, but I could try?"

"Terribly sorry. Pardon my concern." he says eyes suddenly wide in confusion. He looks back to Naku. "Thank you, that'd be it for me."

"If you're sure." Naku says, taking the money, and putting it into a bag on her waist. "So what brings you here?" She asks, also somewhat taken aback by the comment.

Solidarity
2014-04-24, 10:21 PM
"If you're sure." Naku says, taking the money, and putting it into a bag on her waist. "So what brings you here?" She asks, also somewhat taken aback by the comment.

The condensation drips down the glass, and Suscipio glosses over a few memories in his head. He turns a bit and considers the words, taking a small drink.

"Good question. This is the best place for some rest, or so I'm told. I suppose I wander. Normally I enjoy hearing about others' journeys. I assume you've witnessed many come and go through your tavern. A good amount of stories to accompany that coin-purse, I take it?" Suscipio shoots a grin her way. "Possibly any you'd like to share over that beer? I understand if your work demands your sobriety, however."

PallElendro
2014-04-24, 10:25 PM
"Weeeelllll. I am a Blood Mage. I could probably kick-start your blood cell regen. You might need some extra food to make up for the fuel it'll burn pretty quickly, but I could try?"

"How convenient. And I just ordered a flagon of ironed-out beer, so that'll keep the anaemia away. Elendro takes another sip of this. What got him to order alcoholic drinks this bitter, again?
"Anything I should know about this procedure? Is it going to hurt?"

Mee
2014-04-24, 10:36 PM
The condensation drips down the glass, and Suscipio glosses over a few memories in his head. He turns a bit and considers the words, taking a small drink.

"Good question. This is the best place for some rest, or so I'm told. I suppose I wander. Normally I enjoy hearing about others' journeys. I assume you've witnessed many come and go through your tavern. A good amount of stories to accompany that coin-purse, I take it?" Suscipio shoots a grin her way. "Possibly any you'd like to share over that beer? I understand if your work demands your sobriety, however."

"I don't think I could argue. What with the non-violence policy we have, we're the safest inn in the Nexus, to my knowledge.

I've seen more than my share come through," Naku says, nodding in agreement. "I could share some of my own, I don't think I could share of others', though." With that, Naku looks around, and shrugs slightly. "I could go for a drink, I think. Not too much going on, and it'll take more than one drink to get me drunk."

"How convenient. And I just ordered a flagon of ironed-out beer, so that'll keep the anaemia away. Elendro takes another sip of this. What got him to order alcoholic drinks this bitter, again?
"Anything I should know about this procedure? Is it going to hurt?"

"Sounds great!" Naku says, vaulting the bar. "It shouldn't hurt. Unless your natural blood regeneration process hurts? Because I'm just going to speed that up.

Ready?"

Ionbound
2014-04-24, 10:40 PM
Elena is quietly and curiously watching, wondering what exactly Naku is doing...And worried she might lose control. So she's ready to try to stop things, should something bad happen.

((Not that I think that they will, OOC, but Elena doesn't know that, does she?))

PallElendro
2014-04-24, 10:42 PM
"Sounds great!" Naku says, vaulting the bar. "It shouldn't hurt. Unless your natural blood regeneration process hurts? Because I'm just going to speed that up.

Ready?"

"One second." Elendro chugs down a large gulp of his drink, shuddering as the bitter taste leads down his throat. He nods his head and takes a deep breath.

Solidarity
2014-04-24, 11:26 PM
"I don't think I could argue. What with the non-violence policy we have, we're the safest inn in the Nexus, to my knowledge.

I've seen more than my share come through," Naku says, nodding in agreement. "I could share some of my own, I don't think I could share of others', though." With that, Naku looks around, and shrugs slightly. "I could go for a drink, I think. Not too much going on, and it'll take more than one drink to get me drunk."

The grin slowly turns to beaming, with each word. "Naturally."

Suscipio notes the red eyes of the woman in front of him. He barely tilts his head in silent curiosity. Not that he didn't notice before, but her mention of tolerance sparked a connection in Suscipio's mind. Wheels turn in his head.

Maybe if I could get her to laugh. Or just smile.

"I don't suppose I ought to credit that to your work behind the bar, should I?" he says, with a hint of suggestion behind every syllable that tip-toes from his mouth.

Mee
2014-04-24, 11:33 PM
"One second." Elendro chugs down a large gulp of his drink, shuddering as the bitter taste leads down his throat. He nods his head and takes a deep breath.

"Kay? Kay. Here we go." And then she taps his shoulder. With that, his natural regen should get kicked into overdrive until it's done resupplying all the blood he had lost! Which should be pretty quick. He's probably going to get quite hungry, though.

The grin slowly turns to beaming, with each word. "Naturally."

Suscipio notes the red eyes of the woman in front of him. He barely tilts his head in silent curiosity. Not that he didn't notice before, but her mention of tolerance sparked a connection in Suscipio's mind. Wheels turn in his head.

Maybe if I could get her to laugh. Or just smile.

"I don't suppose I ought to credit that to your work behind the bar, should I?" he says, with a hint of suggestion behind every syllable that tip-toes from his mouth.

"Hmmm?" Naku asks, eyebrow raised in curiosity. "How do you mean?"

Arkhosia
2014-04-24, 11:37 PM
Sophia (see avatar) enters the DFI, and aits down at the bar

PallElendro
2014-04-24, 11:58 PM
"Kay? Kay. Here we go." And then she taps his shoulder. With that, his natural regen should get kicked into overdrive until it's done resupplying all the blood he had lost! Which should be pretty quick. He's probably going to get quite hungry, though.

Elendro's stomach growls very loudly, but his face regains a slight tan, and his energy is back up. He then lays out a bar of karenshi-lyte and says, "Meeeeeaaaat." He also takes out strips of cash moderately larger than the slips he paid for the beer and said, "Here's the tab for my group. Tell the barboy and the chef they were great at service." Another four slips of karenshi-lyte.

Solidarity
2014-04-25, 12:15 AM
"Hmmm?" Naku asks, eyebrow raised in curiosity. "How do you mean?"

"Your station, miss. A barkeep could hardly be considered...err, what was it, a 'lightweight', I believe it was." Suscipio says, his eyes dancing about the woman. He then looks down, sheepishly. After a pause, his eyes return to her.

I sincerely hope I used that correctly. On another note, she didn't seem to give any indication that might confirm my suspicions, however. Perhaps, I ought to just be a bit more forward.

"Then again, I've found it's best to hold no presumptions of other people. At the same time, I can't help but notice your ruby eyes and purple hair. If I didn't know any better, I might've pegged you an elf, miss. Though, research over a few long years makes me suspect otherwise. Not to mention, I know few elves who hold well their drink." he finishes his statement with another sip and an ever-growing curious look from behind a tipped glass.

Mee
2014-04-25, 12:22 AM
Elendro's stomach growls very loudly, but his face regains a slight tan, and his energy is back up. He then lays out a bar of karenshi-lyte and says, "Meeeeeaaaat." He also takes out strips of cash moderately larger than the slips he paid for the beer and said, "Here's the tab for my group. Tell the barboy and the chef they were great at service." Another four slips of karenshi-lyte.

Naku takes the cash with a grateful nod. "I will pass those along. Thank you very much."

"Your station, miss. A barkeep could hardly be considered...err, what was it, a 'lightweight', I believe it was." Suscipio says, his eyes dancing about the woman. He then looks down, sheepishly. After a pause, his eyes return to her.

I sincerely hope I used that correctly. On another note, she didn't seem to give any indication that might confirm my suspicions, however. Perhaps, I ought to just be a bit more forward.

"Then again, I've found it's best to hold no presumptions of other people. At the same time, I can't help but notice your ruby eyes and purple hair. If I didn't know any better, I might've pegged you an elf, miss. Though, research over a few long years makes me suspect otherwise. Not to mention, I know few elves who hold well their drink." he finishes his statement with another sip and an ever-growing curious look from behind a tipped glass.

At this, though, Naku laughs, smiling widely to show that yes, her teeth are quite pointy.
"No, I'm no elf." Naku had noticed the man's eyes wandering, and had a fairly amused, curious expression on her face. "Would have been interesting if I were, but no. I'm just a normal, boring human." She says this with a still fairly amused half-grin on her face, though.

Solidarity
2014-04-25, 12:42 AM
At this, though, Naku laughs, smiling widely to show that yes, her teeth are quite pointy.
"No, I'm no elf." Naku had noticed the man's eyes wandering, and had a fairly amused, curious expression on her face. "Would have been interesting if I were, but no. I'm just a normal, boring human." She says this with a still fairly amused half-grin on her face, though.

A chuckle and a smile to match finds itself on Suscipio.

"Well, a toast to us boring humans, then." he lifts his glass, all the while accompanied by a familiar feeling. "What then, would be your stories? I'll stay awake, I promise." Suscipio leans forward and rests his head atop two open hands, his arms pillars to hold it up, as if to ensure his point. His smirk unfading.

PallElendro
2014-04-25, 12:52 AM
Naku takes the cash with a grateful nod. "I will pass those along. Thank you very much."

"Ya, no problem." Elendro's appetite starts to sit deeply, and he takes the entire flagon of dwarven mead in his tankard, ignoring the taste entirely, just looking to get something to get rid of this rumbly feeling his stomach is getting.

Mee
2014-04-25, 12:58 AM
A chuckle and a smile to match finds itself on Suscipio.

"Well, a toast to us boring humans, then." he lifts his glass, all the while accompanied by a familiar feeling. "What then, would be your stories? I'll stay awake, I promise." Suscipio leans forward and rests his head atop two open hands, his arms pillars to hold it up, as if to ensure his point. His smirk unfading.

And Naku raises her mug that she got from somewhere along with him!
"Hmmm. Well. What do you want to hear? Before or after I came to own this place?"

Naku lets Elendro nom his stuffs. Though she does hold the container of alcohol up, her offer left unspoken.

Zefir
2014-04-25, 01:17 AM

"Don't worry," andy replies. " That's just for the safty of my patient. As said, your a foreigner to me. I can't know if you maybe the one causing the wounds."

"Well, all right. I'll keep it over here and cold for you. But it's yours if you want it." Naku says, taking it back, and putting the beer back under the bar.

As Naku slides the requested drink across the bar to Elendro, she offers, somewhat hesitantly, "I could . . . maybe . . . help?"
"Thanks." Andy just replies befor Naku heads of for story trading.

"No, but I got medicin that speeds the blood production up. It's not as fast as her way as I see it, but it would suffer the same side effect."

PallElendro
2014-04-25, 01:22 AM
"No, but I got medicin that speeds the blood production up. It's not as fast as her way as I see it, but it would suffer the same side effect."

Elendro holds his finger up to wait whilst he finishes this last chew of meat. He takes ten seconds, then swallows the mass.
"I could use one of those for teammates of mine. If they don't need adjustment for body weight, I could take maybe one pack." He resumes eating, but is still listening to what this doctor has to say.

Solidarity
2014-04-25, 10:16 AM
And Naku raises her mug that she got from somewhere along with him!
"Hmmm. Well. What do you want to hear? Before or after I came to own this place?"

"Time is a fickle thing. I'm sure from whenever you wish to begin your story, I'll find it all the more intriguing." he said, eyes dodging to the side for a short second. "We could take the story back to any point at your whim. I'd hardly mind. Besides, surely you have a favorite memory."

At this, his pocket-watch inaudibly hums, but he mentally dismisses it. Bringing his gaze back to the woman, he notices a few faint marks. Small. Barely noticeable. His smile drops only just.

"We all have our share of memories."

Murkus
2014-04-25, 02:23 PM
Mist shrugs.
"you know, I think you might just be making fun of me." he says with another scoff.

"No, I was trying to bait you into asking me out, but you're just too thick for that," Tina says, rolling her eyes and taking a long sip from that mug she ordered.

Hello.
thalia simply replies, smiling slightly as she sips her drink.

"Can I buy you another drink?" Johnny-boy asks in a soft voice, presuming that Thalia's first one is all dried up. His eyes - brown, and a bit large - take in her face.

Mee
2014-04-25, 02:34 PM
"Time is a fickle thing. I'm sure from whenever you wish to begin your story, I'll find it all the more intriguing." he said, eyes dodging to the side for a short second. "We could take the story back to any point at your whim. I'd hardly mind. Besides, surely you have a favorite memory."

At this, his pocket-watch inaudibly hums, but he mentally dismisses it. Bringing his gaze back to the woman, he notices a few faint marks. Small. Barely noticeable. His smile drops only just.

"We all have our share of memories."

"Hmmm." Naku hmmms quietly, drumming the fingers of one hand on the bar, thinking of a good story.
"We all do have our share, don't we?" Then she continues to think, trying to remember a story that didn't end in misery.
She didn't have very many of those.
"So, not terribly long ago, I went out on a date with a friend. It was really fun, actually. We went to a lake, it was dark, the water was really pretty. The way the moonlight was reflecting off of the small ripples, and the trees were green . . ." Naku says happily, remembering the memories, a happy half smile on her face. "And then I dropped him in the lake." She admits, her grin turning greatly amused. "It was hilarious."

Arkhosia
2014-04-25, 06:49 PM
"No, I was trying to bait you into asking me out, but you're just too thick for that," Tina says, rolling her eyes and taking a long sip from that mug she ordered.

"Can I buy you another drink?" Johnny-boy asks in a soft voice, presuming that Thalia's first one is all dried up. His eyes - brown, and a bit large - take in her face.

Talia nods, looking at him with slight wariness.
Last time someone bought her a drink, after all, she got enslaved. Again.
Calm down Thalia, this isn't Skyside, quit being paranoid.
"Thank you."

Morcleon
2014-04-25, 07:55 PM
Amelia's Room

Well he is in for a long and most likely very tiring process. The wires try and regrow, and he has to cut more. A couple of times he will probably have to go back to an area he thought was clear of the malicious magic to cut away a resurgance of the wires. Depending on his stamina he might not be able to get it all done in one sitting, and if he does he should be pretty tired. Not Amelia though, after awhile she will safely drift off into sleep and will probably be well rested once the operation is done.

Amelia's Room

Continuing to cut and recut, Yuki eventually clears away all of the wires, shaking slightly from exhaustion. He puts away his orb and scalpel, then makes sure that Amelia's systems are reconnected properly. While using magic shouldn't hurt any more than it would anyone else, the long period of no use has left them rather weak. Once he's satisfied, Yuki promptly collapses onto the side of the bed, falling asleep.

Deathkeeper
2014-04-25, 08:22 PM

Mist leans forward, leaning his snout on a hand.
"Or perhaps I just wanted to wait until you admitted that despite your previous statements indicating the contrary.
But regardless of all that, would you like to catch a movie sometime, then?" he says, falling back to the standard issue destination.

Solidarity
2014-04-25, 10:22 PM
"Hmmm." Naku hmmms quietly, drumming the fingers of one hand on the bar, thinking of a good story.
"We all do have our share, don't we?" Then she continues to think, trying to remember a story that didn't end in misery.
She didn't have very many of those.
"So, not terribly long ago, I went out on a date with a friend. It was really fun, actually. We went to a lake, it was dark, the water was really pretty. The way the moonlight was reflecting off of the small ripples, and the trees were green . . ." Naku says happily, remembering the memories, a happy half smile on her face. "And then I dropped him in the lake." She admits, her grin turning greatly amused. "It was hilarious."

His eyebrows rise, and Suscipio fires a playfully accusing look at Naku.

"Dropped him in?" he says incredulously. "At least the date was exciting. Is it customary that you drench all your dates? Or just the fun ones?"

Mee
2014-04-25, 10:42 PM
His eyebrows rise, and Suscipio fires a playfully accusing look at Naku.

"Dropped him in?" he says incredulously. "At least the date was exciting. Is it customary that you drench all your dates? Or just the fun ones?"

"Dropped him in, yup!" Naku says, grinning widely and nodding, in a very young, cheerful way.
"I dunno if it is or not yet customary, though. Haven't gone on any dates besides that one."

Solidarity
2014-04-26, 09:26 PM
"Dropped him in, yup!" Naku says, grinning widely and nodding, in a very young, cheerful way.
"I dunno if it is or not yet customary, though. Haven't gone on any dates besides that one."

Suscipio laughs lightheartedly.

"So I see. My only advice might be not to drench the other should someone strike such luck as to be your second date then." he adds wryly. "Though I hardly doubt it wasn't a worthwhile experience for your friend. Who was he, if I'm allowed to ask?"

KerfuffleMach2
2014-04-26, 10:22 PM
A young lady walks into the bar. Her brown hair falls past her shoulders. Her skin seems a little pale. Her hazel eyes dart around as she takes in the inn. It's been a while since she's been here, but it looks pretty much the same as she remembers it. She smiles at that, revealing a pair of fangs. Then she makes her way towards the bar. Two things make noise as she walks. One is a canvas shoulder bag bumping against her hip. The sounds coming from it make one think of glass bottles clinking together. The other object is held in her hand. It is about three feet in length, and vaguely resembles an old fashioned skeleton key. If such a key was made from engine parts. The part making the noise would be a keychain dangling from the end in her hand.

Alysha hops up onto a stool, setting the Keyblade on the counter and the bag on the floor.

Arkhosia
2014-04-26, 10:26 PM
A young lady walks into the bar. Her brown hair falls past her shoulders. Her skin seems a little pale. Her hazel eyes dart around as she takes in the inn. It's been a while since she's been here, but it looks pretty much the same as she remembers it. She smiles at that, revealing a pair of fangs. Then she makes her way towards the bar. Two things make noise as she walks. One is a canvas shoulder bag bumping against her hip. The sounds coming from it make one think of glass bottles clinking together. The other object is held in her hand. It is about three feet in length, and vaguely resembles an old fashioned skeleton key. If such a key was made from engine parts. The part making the noise would be a keychain dangling from the end in her hand.

Alysha hops up onto a stool, setting the Keyblade on the counter and the bag on the floor.

Alysha may find another person sitting next to her:
Sophia Godlark, the tanned, extremely fit, brownhaired woman shown on my avatar, propping her head with her right arm as she reads a manga, waiting for a bartender to notice her

KerfuffleMach2
2014-04-26, 10:29 PM
Alysha notices her instead!

And gives a huge grin and matching wave. Filled with enthusiasm, of course. Her grin also reveals her fangs again, but Alysha doesn't seem to really be trying to hide them, anyways.

Hi! My name's Alysha! Nice to meet you!

She'll then hold out her hand to shake.

Arkhosia
2014-04-26, 10:34 PM
Alysha notices her instead!

And gives a huge grin and matching wave. Filled with enthusiasm, of course. Her grin also reveals her fangs again, but Alysha doesn't seem to really be trying to hide them, anyways.

Hi! My name's Alysha! Nice to meet you!

She'll then hold out her hand to shake.

Sophia looks up from her manga, smiles slightly, and shakes Alysha's hand with a firm grip that may give Alysha the idea this woman is quite strong.
Sophia Godlark. Glad to meet you, miss. Are you a vampire?
Sophia inquires with an amicable tone

Mee
2014-04-26, 10:34 PM
Suscipio laughs lightheartedly.

"So I see. My only advice might be not to drench the other should someone strike such luck as to be your second date then." he adds wryly. "Though I hardly doubt it wasn't a worthwhile experience for your friend. Who was he, if I'm allowed to ask?"

"But dunking people is fun!" Naku objects, pouting slightly, and using much a tone as a teen girl would complaining to her dad.
"It was Aiden. He's . . . not really around these parts any more."

Alysha may find another person sitting next to her:
Sophia Godlark, the tanned, extremely fit, brownhaired woman shown on my avatar, propping her head with her right arm as she reads a manga, waiting for a bartender to notice her

"Hey, what can I get for you two?" Naku asks, looking over at the newcomers.

KerfuffleMach2
2014-04-26, 10:38 PM
Alysha does indeed notice the grip. Her own grip is of average strength.

She nods to Sophia. Yep. But I don't actually bite people, cause that's just mean.

Then Naku speaks! Alysha looks to the bartender. Um, do you guys still serve Ichor Liquor here?Been a while since I've been here, so I'm not sure if you do. If you do, I'll have that, please.

Arkhosia
2014-04-26, 11:05 PM
Cool! All we had back home were humans and Titan Shifters.
Then Naku!
A beer please, miss.

KerfuffleMach2
2014-04-26, 11:11 PM
Alysha shrugs a little. I actually didn't become a vampire until I was here in Nexus for a little while. It was an accidental thing, and the lady that bit me felt terrible about it after the fact. But I knew it was an accident, so I wasn't mad at her. And being a vampire has some benefits. I'm stronger and faster than I used to be, at least.

Then she tilts her head a little. What's a Titan Shifter?

Arkhosia
2014-04-26, 11:19 PM
Alysha shrugs a little. I actually didn't become a vampire until I was here in Nexus for a little while. It was an accidental thing, and the lady that bit me felt terrible about it after the fact. But I knew it was an accident, so I wasn't mad at her. And being a vampire has some benefits. I'm stronger and faster than I used to be, at least.

Then she tilts her head a little. What's a Titan Shifter?

Humans that possess regenerative abilities and the ability to transform into a Titan. I am one.
Titans are 15 meter tall humanoids with no sexual organs. Normal ones are often abnormally proportioned in comparison to humans, are as intelligent as a rock, and live only to eat humans, not out of a requirement to eat either. Shifters transform into more proportioned titans with special abilities and intelligence and a lack of craving people.
Sophia explains.

KerfuffleMach2
2014-04-26, 11:23 PM
Alysha blinks a few times.

Speaking from experience, a lack of craving people is always a good thing.

Can you completely control it? Or can you accidentally transform? Like, is there something that will make you transform whether you want to or not?

Arkhosia
2014-04-26, 11:26 PM

Speaking from experience, a lack of craving people is always a good thing.

Can you completely control it? Or can you accidentally transform? Like, is there something that will make you transform whether you want to or not?

Not really. It happens on an instinct, usually when I'm determined to do something, and always with a self inflicted wound.
Sophia explains, nodding.
Yeah, definitely.

KerfuffleMach2
2014-04-26, 11:29 PM
Alysha nods a little. Yeah, I kinda always have this feeling to bite people. It grows when I get angry, or when I get hurt. Drinking blood keeps it quite. Hence this bag. She nudges her shoulder bag with her foot. I always keep a bunch of bottles of Ichor Liquor with me. So I can drink blood without biting people. She idly fingers the large key-like object on the counter as she talks.

So, how long have you been here?

Arkhosia
2014-04-26, 11:33 PM
Alysha nods a little. Yeah, I kinda always have this feeling to bite people. It grows when I get angry, or when I get hurt. Drinking blood keeps it quite. Hence this bag. She nudges her shoulder bag with her foot. I always keep a bunch of bottles of Ichor Liquor with me. So I can drink blood without biting people. She idly fingers the large key-like object on the counter as she talks.

So, how long have you been here?

That must suck. Dophia chuckles. Been here for about a week and a half. Discovered I have a whole family here from various alternate universes.
...what's the key thingy you have there?

KerfuffleMach2
2014-04-26, 11:39 PM
Alysha nods a little. Then she seems to brighten a little at Sophia's question. It was a topic she liked, after all.

This is a Keyblade! It's a weapon that is heavily attuned to magic. It can lock and unlock anything with a lock, including paths between worlds. It's also the only thing that can actually destroy Heartless. Anything else will make their bodies disappear, but then they just regenerate somewhere else. You see this keychain here? She points to the item hanging from the hilt. The end of it has a small tire with the word "Lightyear" on it in white letters. That makes it look like this and gives it special properties. I got it from a world called Radiator Springs, where everybody is a vehicle of some sort. It was a fun place!

Arkhosia
2014-04-26, 11:48 PM
Alysha nods a little. Then she seems to brighten a little at Sophia's question. It was a topic she liked, after all.

This is a Keyblade! It's a weapon that is heavily attuned to magic. It can lock and unlock anything with a lock, including paths between worlds. It's also the only thing that can actually destroy Heartless. Anything else will make their bodies disappear, but then they just regenerate somewhere else. You see this keychain here? She points to the item hanging from the hilt. The end of it has a small tire with the word "Lightyear" on it in white letters. That makes it look like this and gives it special properties. I got it from a world called Radiator Springs, where everybody is a vehicle of some sort. It was a fun place!
Neat! We didn't have magic back home, sadly, and our most advanced tech were cannons and muskets.
We slew titans with 3D Maneuver Gear, basically a set of waist mounted grappling hooks paired with swords with flexible, detachable and replaceable blades and a propellant on the back of our waist. It was powered by gas.

KerfuffleMach2
2014-04-26, 11:52 PM
Alysha grins. Those sound like fun!

My travel method between worlds is called a gummi ship. It was built by Chip and Dale. They build all the gummi ships for Keyblade wielders.

Arkhosia
2014-04-26, 11:57 PM
Alysha grins. Those sound like fun!

My travel method between worlds is called a gummi ship. It was built by Chip and Dale. They build all the gummi ships for Keyblade wielders.

Yeah, it is! Takes a lot of training to master though.
Really? How does it work?

KerfuffleMach2
2014-04-27, 12:00 AM
Alysha opens her mouth to respond, pauses, then closes it again, thinking. After a moment, she shrugs.

No idea, actually. Probably magic. King Mickey and Yen Sid both know a lot of magic, so they probably have something to do with it. Chip and Dale work out of King Mickey's castle, and Yen Sid was King Mickey's teacher for a while. I just hop in and drive it. And fire at Heartless or Nobodies that sometimes attack between worlds.

((And deadtime for the night.))

Murkus
2014-04-27, 01:40 AM
Mist leans forward, leaning his snout on a hand.
"Or perhaps I just wanted to wait until you admitted that despite your previous statements indicating the contrary.
But regardless of all that, would you like to catch a movie sometime, then?" he says, falling back to the standard issue destination.

"I recall no such statements," Tina says, leaning close enough that Mist might become a bit uncomfortable. Her smirk is small but strong, and her eyes fall half-shut as she does so. "And I very much would."

Zefir
2014-04-27, 04:02 AM
Elendro holds his finger up to wait whilst he finishes this last chew of meat. He takes ten seconds, then swallows the mass.
"I could use one of those for teammates of mine. If they don't need adjustment for body weight, I could take maybe one pack." He resumes eating, but is still listening to what this doctor has to say.

Andy just rolls up his left sleeve. Then he presses somewhere against his lower left arm and the skin covering the left arm disapears. The skin was a very good illusion so people might not have noticed the machanical arm until now. He opensthe lower arm and picks out a small glass with around 20 pills in it. Then he shuts the armand the illusion comes back. He will put the glass in front of the man. The pills inside are small balls.

"Unless one of your man weights like double or 1/4 of an avarage human, this should work."

PallElendro
2014-04-27, 09:27 AM
Elendro takes the glass, and slides it in his uniform's pocket. As he's doing this, he gets a fast nosebleed on his left sleeve arm to his uniform trousers, and recoils in surprise. "Good for my team but I could use something to plug this up," Elendro says quickly. He's pinching his nose, but it's getting a bit red, now.

McBish
2014-04-27, 10:02 AM
Amelia's Room

Continuing to cut and recut, Yuki eventually clears away all of the wires, shaking slightly from exhaustion. He puts away his orb and scalpel, then makes sure that Amelia's systems are reconnected properly. While using magic shouldn't hurt any more than it would anyone else, the long period of no use has left them rather weak. Once he's satisfied, Yuki promptly collapses onto the side of the bed, falling asleep.

Amelia is probably the first one to wake between them. At first she is a bit startled to find the young doctor collapsed on her bed with her. She quickly guesses that he probably pushed himself a bit too far helping her and has worn himself out. As long as he seems in no danger of stopping breathing she will let him be. She will slip out of bed and head into the bathroom to take a quick shower. It had been a long day and she always finds a shower nice and relaxing.

Morcleon
2014-04-27, 01:04 PM
Amelia's Room

Amelia is probably the first one to wake between them. At first she is a bit startled to find the young doctor collapsed on her bed with her. She quickly guesses that he probably pushed himself a bit too far helping her and has worn himself out. As long as he seems in no danger of stopping breathing she will let him be. She will slip out of bed and head into the bathroom to take a quick shower. It had been a long day and she always finds a shower nice and relaxing.

Amelia's Room

Yuki awakens sometime while Amelia is in the shower. He groans and stands up, still tired. Sitting down on the bed, he stretches and glances around, hearing the sounds of the shower. "Hm? Amelia? Are you in there?"

Zefir
2014-04-28, 03:08 AM
Elendro takes the glass, and slides it in his uniform's pocket. As he's doing this, he gets a fast nosebleed on his left sleeve arm to his uniform trousers, and recoils in surprise. "Good for my team but I could use something to plug this up," Elendro says quickly. He's pinching his nose, but it's getting a bit red, now.

Andy searches through his pockets and finds a packeg of handkerchief he pulls one out and hands it over to military man while he puts the rest on the bar in front of him.

"Do you get this often? Or did you maybe come from somewhere much higher or lower then this place?" Andy ask in a typical doctor sound.

He is still a bit curiouse. Not many people have seen his arm befor, but those here seem to see it very normal.

Deathkeeper
2014-04-28, 08:09 AM
"I recall no such statements," Tina says, leaning close enough that Mist might become a bit uncomfortable. Her smirk is small but strong, and her eyes fall half-shut as she does so. "And I very much would."

Luckily Mist's snout keeps their eyes from getting that close. Unless Tina wants to get a face full of wet nose.
"Tomorrow, then? Three o' clock? Here, or perhaps Mallside or something?" he asks, as flatly as ever.

PallElendro
2014-04-28, 10:02 AM
Andy searches through his pockets and finds a packeg of handkerchief he pulls one out and hands it over to military man while he puts the rest on the bar in front of him.

"Do you get this often? Or did you maybe come from somewhere much higher or lower then this place?" Andy ask in a typical doctor sound.

He is still a bit curiouse. Not many people have seen his arm befor, but those here seem to see it very normal.

Elendro takes the handkerchief and places it delicately against his nose. "Not often. The air isn't dry; it's probably the Blood Magic. As for elevation, I've been living at about sea level, but I can withstand a kilometre or two uphill."

Arkhosia
2014-04-28, 10:23 AM
Alysha opens her mouth to respond, pauses, then closes it again, thinking. After a moment, she shrugs.

No idea, actually. Probably magic. King Mickey and Yen Sid both know a lot of magic, so they probably have something to do with it. Chip and Dale work out of King Mickey's castle, and Yen Sid was King Mickey's teacher for a while. I just hop in and drive it. And fire at Heartless or Nobodies that sometimes attack between worlds.

((And deadtime for the night.))

Sophia listens intently.
Interesting. You must've lived in an exciting world before you came here.

KerfuffleMach2
2014-04-28, 12:12 PM
Sophia listens intently.
Interesting. You must've lived in an exciting world before you came here.

Alyssa shrugs. Eh, not really. I've been to some exciting worlds, sure. But the one I'm actually from, Twilight Town, isn't very exciting. Don't get me wrong. It's a very nice place. Just not really exciting.

Your home sounds really exciting, though.

Arkhosia
2014-04-28, 02:41 PM
Alyssa shrugs. Eh, not really. I've been to some exciting worlds, sure. But the one I'm actually from, Twilight Town, isn't very exciting. Don't get me wrong. It's a very nice place. Just not really exciting.

Your home sounds really exciting, though.

A mix of exciting and terrifying.
The last of the human race lived in a giant city with three walls around it, 50 meters high. We never expanded due to the titans, who are seemingly limitless, but knew our walls would keep titans out.
Then a 60 meter titan, aka the colossal titan, kicked through the gate of Wall Maria, the outermost wall, and the residents there were devoured mostly. We just repelled an attack from this Colossal Titan, closing the breach in Wall Rose and skaying the titans inside.

Zefir
2014-04-28, 02:45 PM
Elendro takes the handkerchief and places it delicately against his nose. "Not often. The air isn't dry; it's probably the Blood Magic. As for elevation, I've been living at about sea level, but I can withstand a kilometre or two uphill."

"That's strange. She appeared like a master to me, can't think that this might even happen. I could have a look over it, but I think the one who did it should have a look. If it's something related to her magic she will suit best in cure it."

Yeah, even thought Andy doesn't even like magic he remains neutral for the health of others.

KerfuffleMach2
2014-04-28, 02:47 PM
Alyssa cringes a bit.

That...actually sounds really bad. I'm sorry.

McBish
2014-04-28, 02:59 PM
Amelia's Room

Yuki awakens sometime while Amelia is in the shower. He groans and stands up, still tired. Sitting down on the bed, he stretches and glances around, hearing the sounds of the shower. "Hm? Amelia? Are you in there?"

As he calls out he can hear the water shut off in the shower. "Yeah give me a sec, I'll be right out." Amelia calls as she quickly hops out of the shower toweling herself off. She then tosses on a pair of jeans and a t-shirt and comes out of the bathroom her hair still damp. "Sorry about that, it has been a long day. You OK?"

Arkhosia
2014-04-28, 03:04 PM
Alyssa cringes a bit.

That...actually sounds really bad. I'm sorry.

Thank you, but no need to apologize. It is not your fault, after all.
Sophia replies with caring in her voice.

KerfuffleMach2
2014-04-28, 03:37 PM
Alyssa gives a little chuckle. Well, yeah. I know. But, I still feel bad for you. And everybody else there.

If I could help, I would. I just...don't think I really could.

Arkhosia
2014-04-28, 04:09 PM
Alyssa gives a little chuckle. Well, yeah. I know. But, I still feel bad for you. And everybody else there.

If I could help, I would. I just...don't think I really could.

Same here. That's why I'm going to make up for that by doing the best I can to aid the nexus!

Morcleon
2014-04-28, 04:13 PM
Amelia's Room

As he calls out he can hear the water shut off in the shower. "Yeah give me a sec, I'll be right out." Amelia calls as she quickly hops out of the shower toweling herself off. She then tosses on a pair of jeans and a t-shirt and comes out of the bathroom her hair still damp. "Sorry about that, it has been a long day. You OK?"

Amelia's Room

Yuki smiles at her. "Yeah, I'll be fine. Are you alright though? I've taken out the wires, so you should be able to use magic without the pain now. Give it a shot."

KerfuffleMach2
2014-04-28, 05:12 PM
((Just noticed that my phone has been correcting Alysha's name...))

Alysha grins. That's what I try to do, too! It can be hard, sometimes. But, it always feels good.

PallElendro
2014-04-28, 05:19 PM
"That's strange. She appeared like a master to me, can't think that this might even happen. I could have a look over it, but I think the one who did it should have a look. If it's something related to her magic she will suit best in cure it."

Yeah, even thought Andy doesn't even like magic he remains neutral for the health of others.

"No big deal. This'll settle down in a moment; I'm sure. It's just a little nosebleed." Elendro speaks towards the ceiling, holding his head back. "Kinda hungry again, anyway."

Arkhosia
2014-04-28, 06:48 PM
((Just noticed that my phone has been correcting Alysha's name...))

Alysha grins. That's what I try to do, too! It can be hard, sometimes. But, it always feels good.

Sophia grins, resting her head on her hand, propped up by her arm, which is lying upon the counter.
Maybe we should work as a team sometime. Might be fun.

KerfuffleMach2
2014-04-28, 07:35 PM
Alysha nods with much enthusiasm.

Alright! That'd be great!

McBish
2014-04-29, 12:42 AM
Amelia's Room

Yuki smiles at her. "Yeah, I'll be fine. Are you alright though? I've taken out the wires, so you should be able to use magic without the pain now. Give it a shot."

"I feel fine." She says resting her left hand on her abdomen, the other held out in front of her. She looks like she she is hesitant to try and cast something. She hasn't cast a spell in years now. She has no idea how rusty her skills have gotten, but she should be more then capable of casting a simple spell.

The truth is she hesitates because she had given up hope of getting her magic a long time ago. Approaching Yuki had seemed like a long shot at the time. Now that he might have given her magic back she is faced with the reality of using it again. The last time she used magic was the incident when she lost her powers.

She wiggles her fingers around a bit warming them up. Then she makes several quick and complicated gestures like she is playing a one handed game of cat's cradle. "NikTaKic" She says quickly and several flashes of colored lights flash around her hand. She smiles apparently happy with the result. Yuki might notice she looks a bit flush and sweating a bit, though being fresh from the shower that might be hard to notice.

Zefir
2014-04-29, 02:00 AM
"No big deal. This'll settle down in a moment; I'm sure. It's just a little nosebleed." Elendro speaks towards the ceiling, holding his head back. "Kinda hungry again, anyway."

"Well, you got a meal just a few moments ago. Either your very hungry or fast." Andy says.

Solidarity
2014-04-29, 02:51 AM
"But dunking people is fun!" Naku objects, pouting slightly, and using much a tone as a teen girl would complaining to her dad.
"It was Aiden. He's . . . not really around these parts any more."

His face drops a bit further.

"Ah." Suscipio says flatly, taking another drink with his eyebrows raised. "Regardless, I would put my money on the guess that it was easily one of the greatest times of his life. Not all us lucky guys get to be dunked in a moonlit lake by someone as fair as yourself, miss. I'm sure you made the boy happy, at least that day."

With this, his smirk returns.

"And speaking of money, perhaps I could get our hungry friend over here some more to eat?"

Murkus
2014-04-29, 04:15 AM
Luckily Mist's snout keeps their eyes from getting that close. Unless Tina wants to get a face full of wet nose.
"Tomorrow, then? Three o' clock? Here, or perhaps Mallside or something?" he asks, as flatly as ever.

Perhaps their noses nearly touch then, but thankfully Tina won't get any closer than that. "Or something. Mallside sounds good. Just figure out what you wanna see and gimme a call," She answers in an easygoing tone of voice. The time is sorta dependent on movie schedules and... oh bah, what does it matter? Especially when she's writing down her digits for him on a napkin. This gets slid toward Mist, along with a couple coins for the booze, before Tina hops deftly from her stool and heads back out on the town. Maybe she'll have an early night tonight, practice her piano...

PallElendro
2014-04-29, 08:14 AM
"And speaking of money, perhaps I could get our hungry friend over here some more to eat?"
"It's quite alright. I've got plenty to spare." He says that, and his hand is reaching to his pocket to pull another strip or two of karenshi-lyte

"Well, you got a meal just a few moments ago. Either your very hungry or fast." Andy says.

Elendro laughs, making sure not to disrupt the blood to his nose. "Fasting isn't something I'd normally do. I just need to eat so much right now."
Another strip of karenshi-lyte comes to the table. "Ribs," he says excitedly. "Well Done."

Morcleon
2014-04-29, 08:29 AM
Amelia's Room

"I feel fine." She says resting her left hand on her abdomen, the other held out in front of her. She looks like she she is hesitant to try and cast something. She hasn't cast a spell in years now. She has no idea how rusty her skills have gotten, but she should be more then capable of casting a simple spell.

The truth is she hesitates because she had given up hope of getting her magic a long time ago. Approaching Yuki had seemed like a long shot at the time. Now that he might have given her magic back she is faced with the reality of using it again. The last time she used magic was the incident when she lost her powers.

She wiggles her fingers around a bit warming them up. Then she makes several quick and complicated gestures like she is playing a one handed game of cat's cradle. "NikTaKic" She says quickly and several flashes of colored lights flash around her hand. She smiles apparently happy with the result. Yuki might notice she looks a bit flush and sweating a bit, though being fresh from the shower that might be hard to notice.

Amelia's Room

Yuki beams at her, glad to have helped. "Ah, wonderful! Are you feeling any side effects from casting? I'd like to do another scan to see how your magical system is holding up."

McBish
2014-04-29, 11:45 AM
Amelia's Room

Yuki beams at her, glad to have helped. "Ah, wonderful! Are you feeling any side effects from casting? I'd like to do another scan to see how your magical system is holding up."

Amelia shakes her head. "I don't think so. I feel pretty normal." She says as she moves to sit back on the bed to let him get another scan of her magical system. When he does his scan he might be a bit distressed by what he finds. Her magical system seems faded and even flickering in parts. All in all it doesn't look very healthy.

Morcleon
2014-04-29, 01:26 PM
Amelia's Room

Amelia shakes her head. "I don't think so. I feel pretty normal." She says as she moves to sit back on the bed to let him get another scan of her magical system. When he does his scan he might be a bit distressed by what he finds. Her magical system seems faded and even flickering in parts. All in all it doesn't look very healthy.

Amelia's Room

Yuki frowns at the state of ber systems. "That's not good... your system is extremely weak, probably from having been strangled for so long."

He places his hand on her stomach, then starts pulsing a gentle wave of healing magic into her system that tries to stabilize it as best it can.

Arkhosia
2014-04-29, 01:47 PM
Alysha nods with much enthusiasm.

Alright! That'd be great!

Sophia smiles widely.
Great! Here, it's my cell phone number. Call mw if you want to hang out, or if you find something we can work together to stop!
Sophia gives her a piece of paper with a phone number on it!

KerfuffleMach2
2014-04-29, 01:54 PM
Alysha smiles and takes the paper. Then she'll rip off a blank section, fish out a pen from her bag, write her own number, and hand that over to Sophia.

And there's my number. And you feel free to call me!

Arkhosia
2014-04-29, 02:01 PM
Alysha smiles and takes the paper. Then she'll rip off a blank section, fish out a pen from her bag, write her own number, and hand that over to Sophia.

And there's my number. And you feel free to call me!

Ok!

And with that, smiling and putting the paper in her pocket, Sophia exits!

KerfuffleMach2
2014-04-29, 02:08 PM
Alysha will cheerfully wave goodbye to Sophia. Then she'll spin around on her stool to face the rest of the inn, seeing who all is here.

McBish
2014-04-29, 02:10 PM
Amelia starts to look a bit paler, which makes her flush face stand out even more. She is starting to look a lot like someone who has ridden a roller coaster one too many times. As he starts to send healing energy into her the flickering seems to get worse till her whole magical system disappears. It is only gone for a few seconds but Amelia definitly reacts to it disappearing. She gasps like she just got dunked in a tank of cold water, she starts to shake as her tempature spikes. Then suddenly her magic system returnsm, unfortently it isn't alone. The black wires are back, thinner and harder to see, not to mention not nearly as prolific as they were before.

Zefir
2014-04-29, 04:02 PM
"It's quite alright. I've got plenty to spare." He says that, and his hand is reaching to his pocket to pull another strip or two of karenshi-lyte

Elendro laughs, making sure not to disrupt the blood to his nose. "Fasting isn't something I'd normally do. I just need to eat so much right now."
Another strip of karenshi-lyte comes to the table. "Ribs," he says excitedly. "Well Done."

"If you want an advice, i would say you better pick something better for your stormatch since you had a blood problem just a few minutes ago. A soup or something your stormatch won't have to work much."

Morcleon
2014-04-29, 06:34 PM
Amelia starts to look a bit paler, which makes her flush face stand out even more. She is starting to look a lot like someone who has ridden a roller coaster one too many times. As he starts to send healing energy into her the flickering seems to get worse till her whole magical system disappears. It is only gone for a few seconds but Amelia definitly reacts to it disappearing. She gasps like she just got dunked in a tank of cold water, she starts to shake as her tempature spikes. Then suddenly her magic system returnsm, unfortently it isn't alone. The black wires are back, thinner and harder to see, not to mention not nearly as prolific as they were before.

Amelia's Room

"...that's not good." Yuki frowns, letting out his breath. "The wires that were stifling your magical system are back. There are less though, but they seem more stealthy."

He sighs, then scans them, trying to find out what has changed.

PallElendro
2014-04-29, 07:27 PM
"If you want an advice, i would say you better pick something better for your stormatch since you had a blood problem just a few minutes ago. A soup or something your stormatch won't have to work much."

Elendro thinks about it for a minute.
"Yeah, you're right." He calls again. "Scratch that; split pea soup."

Zefir
2014-04-30, 03:33 AM
Andy nods.

"I think we didn't introduce each other." he holds out his hand for shake. "I'm Andreas Emerald."

PallElendro
2014-04-30, 08:25 AM
Elendro pinches his handkerchief with his other hand, then clutches Andreas'.
"Elendro Elessedil. Pleased to meet you."

McBish
2014-04-30, 10:59 PM
Amelia's Room

"...that's not good." Yuki frowns, letting out his breath. "The wires that were stifling your magical system are back. There are less though, but they seem more stealthy."

He sighs, then scans them, trying to find out what has changed.

The wires are younger, weaker and draining Amelia's life force to get stronger. It isn't clear what is causing this to happen, or what brought the wires back. The wires seem to be emerging straight from Amelia's magical system.

Amelia is working hard on remaining calm, but she is starting to notice that she isn't feeling 100%. "Yeah, um any sign of a source of the wires?"

Morcleon
2014-05-01, 06:40 AM
Amelia's Room

The wires are younger, weaker and draining Amelia's life force to get stronger. It isn't clear what is causing this to happen, or what brought the wires back. The wires seem to be emerging straight from Amelia's magical system.

Amelia is working hard on remaining calm, but she is starting to notice that she isn't feeling 100%. "Yeah, um any sign of a source of the wires?"

Amelia's Room

"...it appears that they're coming directly from your magical system." Yuki frowns. He gets out his orb again, starting to scan the wires. He quickly tries to find a central area, or at least something he can use to stop their growth.

Zefir
2014-05-01, 07:21 AM
Elendro pinches his handkerchief with his other hand, then clutches Andreas'.
"Elendro Elessedil. Pleased to meet you."

"So, what brought you here into the Nexus?"

PallElendro
2014-05-01, 09:42 AM
Elendro turns his plate around a few times, exhaling deeply. "Uh, my starship is out scanning regions close to the Queen's Crown Nebula and Delta Volanis Star Cluster. I thought I'd let the senior bridge officers take command for a change, so I came here."

Zefir
2014-05-01, 11:12 AM
"That's a really rare condition that brought you here. Normally people got dragged through a portal into the Nexus."

PallElendro
2014-05-01, 11:22 AM
"Is it that I'm one of few space explorers, or is it how I easily got a shuttle to HALO that led to the Nexus?"

Zefir
2014-05-01, 02:19 PM
"The first." Andy replies. "The last one is nothing important, well the part with getting a HALO shuttel. I wasn't aware they can do more then transporting thigns under water."

PallElendro
2014-05-01, 05:21 PM
"They don't," Elendro says, shrugging. "I saw people entering and exiting via portal to Inside. I have no clue what the galactic co-ordinates to this place are."

McBish
2014-05-01, 11:08 PM
Amelia's Room

"...it appears that they're coming directly from your magical system." Yuki frowns. He gets out his orb again, starting to scan the wires. He quickly tries to find a central area, or at least something he can use to stop their growth.

There doesn't seem to be a magical source creating the wires. Depending on if his orb can find physical things he might find something. "Maybe we should stop. I'm not feeling that great."

Morcleon
2014-05-02, 07:52 AM
Amelia's Room

There doesn't seem to be a magical source creating the wires. Depending on if his orb can find physical things he might find something. "Maybe we should stop. I'm not feeling that great."

Amelia's Room

It is indeed capable of finding physical things as well, and is designed to scan for both at the same time. He frowns slightly, a little disappointed that he couldn't help further. "Ah, are you sure? If you want to, I will."

KerfuffleMach2
2014-05-02, 09:50 PM
Alysha has a bottle of Ichor Liquor in her hand. Said bottle has a bright pink curly straw sticking out of it. Not exactly typical for a vampire. But, Alysha is an unusual vampire.

She sits at the bar, content to just watch the crowd for now.

Arkhosia
2014-05-02, 10:03 PM
Alysha has a bottle of Ichor Liquor in her hand. Said bottle has a bright pink curly straw sticking out of it. Not exactly typical for a vampire. But, Alysha is an unusual vampire.

She sits at the bar, content to just watch the crowd for now.

Sophia sits down next to Alysha!
Hello!

KerfuffleMach2
2014-05-02, 10:08 PM
Alysha gives Sophia a grin and a wave.

Hi! How are you doing? Been busy?

Arkhosia
2014-05-02, 10:13 PM
Alysha gives Sophia a grin and a wave.

Hi! How are you doing? Been busy?

Sophia nods.
Pretty good, actually. Met a few new friends and an altverse version of my dad. Not really, haven't been called to fight stuff
Sophia replies, grinning

KerfuffleMach2
2014-05-02, 10:14 PM
Alysha tilts her head a bit.

Alternate version of your dad? Huh. That sounds like an interesting experience.

Arkhosia
2014-05-02, 10:18 PM
Alysha tilts her head a bit.

Alternate version of your dad? Huh. That sounds like an interesting experience.

Yep! He actually adopted me too. Turns out Magtok is either an altverse version of my dad, or my dad is his altverse version

KerfuffleMach2
2014-05-02, 10:22 PM

Wait...Magtok? Isn't he kinda crazy?

That's what she's heard, at least. She hasn't met him yet.

Arkhosia
2014-05-02, 10:25 PM

Wait...Magtok? Isn't he kinda crazy?

That's what she's heard, at least. She hasn't met him yet.

Sophia shakes her head.
Nope, not really. Just slightly crazy.
Oh, also, I bought a horse! Had just enough money left to do so.
Named him Clyde.

KerfuffleMach2
2014-05-02, 10:32 PM
Alysha shrugs at the first comment. Then she smiles and nods at the second.

I like that. Clyde. It sounds like a good name for a horse. What color is he? Oh, is he a Clydesdale?

Arkhosia
2014-05-02, 10:36 PM
Alysha shrugs at the first comment. Then she smiles and nods at the second.

I like that. Clyde. It sounds like a good name for a horse. What color is he? Oh, is he a Clydesdale?

He's brown, and yes. It may or may not have been why I named him Clyde.
Sophia replies, chuckling.
(("I understand you too Clyde. I too have been abused by people half my size"))

KerfuffleMach2
2014-05-02, 10:37 PM
Alysha smiles.

Well, it's why I would've picked Clyde. Still a good name. How old is he?

Arkhosia
2014-05-02, 10:45 PM
Alysha smiles.

Well, it's why I would've picked Clyde. Still a good name. How old is he?

Barely older than a pony, actually.
Sophia replies, smiling

KerfuffleMach2
2014-05-02, 10:47 PM
Alysha thinks on that for a moment.

Wait...but...isn't a pony a miniature horse? Not a baby horse? So a pony could be really old.

Arkhosia
2014-05-02, 10:52 PM

Wait...but...isn't a pony a miniature horse? Not a baby horse? So a pony could be really old.

Sorry, a foal or whatever they call a young horse is what I mean then.
Also, fun fact: I got into a brawl with a pony once for calling her a horse.

KerfuffleMach2
2014-05-02, 10:55 PM
I think boy horses are colts.

Then she giggles.

That sounds kinda funny. Neither of you got hurt, though, right? And did you apologize?

Arkhosia
2014-05-02, 11:00 PM
I think boy horses are colts.

Then she giggles.

That sounds kinda funny. Neither of you got hurt, though, right? And did you apologize?

Not seriously. Well, she did break my knuckles, but I regenerate.
Yeah, but she insisted on fighting. Supposedly "How ponies greet people who call them racial slurs", if I recall.
She replies

KerfuffleMach2
2014-05-02, 11:01 PM
But...it was an accident. I don't think you would've called her that if you knew what it meant to her, right?

Arkhosia
2014-05-02, 11:05 PM
But...it was an accident. I don't think you would've called her that if you knew what it meant to her, right?

Sophia thinks for a bit.
Well no, of course, but i'd still insult her cuz she was kinda a jerk.

KerfuffleMach2
2014-05-02, 11:08 PM
Alysha nods a bit. Okay, yeah. If she was a jerk, that's understandable. Maybe not say something that's that mean, but say something.

Arkhosia
2014-05-02, 11:12 PM
Alysha nods a bit. Okay, yeah. If she was a jerk, that's understandable. Maybe not say something that's that mean, but say something.

Exactly.
Sophia replies.
Oh, hey, want me to show you Clyde?

KerfuffleMach2
2014-05-02, 11:15 PM
Alysha nods excitedly.

Yeah! That'd be awesome!

Arkhosia
2014-05-02, 11:16 PM
Alysha nods excitedly.

Yeah! That'd be awesome!

Sophia smiles, getting up and motioning her to follow!

KerfuffleMach2
2014-05-02, 11:17 PM
Alysha indeed follows!

If they're going outside, and it's light out, there will be a flash of light at Alysha's hand, and her Keyblade will appear there.

Arkhosia
2014-05-02, 11:23 PM
Alysha indeed follows!

If they're going outside, and it's light out, there will be a flash of light at Alysha's hand, and her Keyblade will appear there.

It's nighttime!
A brown Clydesdale who looks like this (http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-UyFS_mbZ6Sw/Uky3mAc_kqI/AAAAAAAAJL4/O2FgjyuOfj4/s1600/Levi-Riding-Horse-Blood-Weapon-attack-on-titan-shingeki-no-kyojin-anime-hd-wallpaper-Male.jpg) is tied to a post out here, and Sophia walks up to him, feeding him a sugar cube

KerfuffleMach2
2014-05-02, 11:26 PM
Aw, hi Clyde! Nice to meet ya! I'm Alysha!

The peppy vampire will hold out her hand to try and pet Clyde.

Arkhosia
2014-05-02, 11:30 PM
Aw, hi Clyde! Nice to meet ya! I'm Alysha!

The peppy vampire will hold out her hand to try and pet Clyde.

The horse doesn't talk, as it is a normal horse, very rare in this place.
She pets him!
He also responds to Jean for some reason.
Pronounced as John.

KerfuffleMach2
2014-05-02, 11:36 PM
That will, in no way, prevent Alysha from continuing to talk to him.

Maybe he likes both names? She chuckles. I'm gonna keep calling him Clyde, though.

((And I'm off for the night))

Arkhosia
2014-05-02, 11:40 PM
That will, in no way, prevent Alysha from continuing to talk to him.

Maybe he likes both names? She chuckles. I'm gonna keep calling him Clyde, though.

((And I'm off for the night))

Sophia shrugs.
Or maybe his name is Jean Clyde.

KerfuffleMach2
2014-05-03, 09:33 AM

That...makes a lot of sense, actually.

Arkhosia
2014-05-03, 11:11 AM

That...makes a lot of sense, actually.

Sophia nods.
Yeah, it does. He's a good horse, I must say.
Sophia replies. Petting the horse.

KerfuffleMach2
2014-05-03, 12:07 PM
Alysha smiles and nods.

Then she goes to hug Clyde. Because he looks huggable.

Arkhosia
2014-05-03, 01:05 PM
Alysha smiles and nods.

Then she goes to hug Clyde. Because he looks huggable.

Clyde is hugged!
Clyde, being a horse, doesn't hug back. Just stands there, sniffing Alysha.

KerfuffleMach2
2014-05-03, 01:24 PM
Alysha is perfectly fine with that. She just wanted to hug him anyways.

Ya know, I wonder...If I was a lion, do you think I could talk to him?

FireFox
2014-05-04, 01:11 PM
Kynegetis appears in a chair at a table for two. She looks around the Inn, then checks her watch. 100 minutes until the time she agreed to meet Eira here. ... Oh come on, that's not fair.

Mee
2014-05-04, 01:22 PM
Kynegetis appears in a chair at a table for two. She looks around the Inn, then checks her watch. 100 minutes until the time she agreed to meet Eira here. ... Oh come on, that's not fair.

((I apologize to all the people to whom I haven't replied: Finals start tomorrow, and I've been super stressed, and I haven't been keeping up at all. I'll be back for actual RP probably this friday, maybe saturday if I just need sleep.))

"What's not fair?" Naku asks curiously, eyebrow raised. "Can I get you anything?"

Zefir
2014-05-04, 01:33 PM
"They don't," Elendro says, shrugging. "I saw people entering and exiting via portal to Inside. I have no clue what the galactic co-ordinates to this place are."

"Well, the problem maybe that there are no co-ordinates. The Nexus itself got no real shape. That's why for example you find Trogs every seventh door in this city. And Outside is even harder, a town you know was half an hour away can a day later be 2 days away."

FireFox
2014-05-04, 01:51 PM
The assassin goddess looks up at the vampire. I am early for a, a meeting. I'd rather not eat or drink without her.

Mee
2014-05-04, 01:57 PM
The assassin goddess looks up at the vampire. I am early for a, a meeting. I'd rather not eat or drink without her.

"Oh, all right." Naku says, nodding sagely. "I understand that.

What meeting is it? If you don't mind my asking. Since you do have time . . ."

Ionbound
2014-05-04, 02:08 PM
Meanwhile, outside the Inn, it begins to rain. Looks like Eira is coming soon.

((I'll let Kyne and Naku finish their conversation.))

FireFox
2014-05-04, 02:09 PM
A. Meeting. The young woman bites off each word, smothering her embarrassment with gruff. Then relents, after she realizes she's being rude. Drinks. Without the chance of being attacked or caught up in a brawl.

Mee
2014-05-04, 02:13 PM
A. Meeting. The young woman bites off each word, smothering her embarrassment with gruff. Then relents, after she realizes she's being rude. Drinks. Without the chance of being attacked or caught up in a brawl.

Naku, instead of taking offense, grins slightly. "All righty. A peaceable drinking meeting it is.

You look . . . somewhat familiar, though." Naku says, after a bit of a pause. "Do you have any siblings?"

FireFox
2014-05-04, 02:24 PM
Yes. Several. Kyne leans back in her chair, staring at Naku appraisingly. None that look like me, though. I have a relative named Callie I resemble. In as far as hair color and taste for tight black clothing runs. Callie is much more attractive than Kyne.

Mee
2014-05-04, 02:30 PM
Yes. Several. Kyne leans back in her chair, staring at Naku appraisingly. None that look like me, though. I have a relative named Callie I resemble. In as far as hair color and taste for tight black clothing runs. Callie is much more attractive than Kyne.

"Oh. I know Callie. She came through here a while back. She's actually one of the main reasons the DFI is able to be as peaceable as it is."

FireFox
2014-05-04, 02:45 PM
The assassin blinks in surprise. Really? She... isn't exactly the peaceable type.

Arkhosia
2014-05-04, 02:47 PM
Sophia looks at Alysha confusedly.
What's a lion?

Mee
2014-05-04, 02:47 PM
The assassin blinks in surprise. Really? She... isn't exactly the peaceable type.

"I guess she just wanted to help me out? I gave her some free drinks." Naku says, shrugging slightly. "And we were having some problems around then of people ignoring the 'yo, be nice' rule."

KerfuffleMach2
2014-05-04, 04:54 PM
Sophia looks at Alysha confusedly.
What's a lion?

Alysha tilts her head a bit. She found it hard to believe that somebody didn't know what a lion was, but she wasn't gonna mention that.

Uh, well, they're kinda like a cat, but really big. Really big. And boy lions usually have a bunch of extra fur around their head and neck called a mane. I spent some time as one, once. It was fun.

Arkhosia
2014-05-04, 05:00 PM
Alysha tilts her head a bit. She found it hard to believe that somebody didn't know what a lion was, but she wasn't gonna mention that.

Uh, well, they're kinda like a cat, but really big. Really big. And boy lions usually have a bunch of extra fur around their head and neck called a mane. I spent some time as one, once. It was fun.

Cool! I always thought it would be neat to be a cat of some kind, but over all I prefer being human.

KerfuffleMach2
2014-05-04, 05:15 PM
Alysha nods in agreement.

Yeah, I probably could have stayed there, but I didn't want to. I like being human, too.

Well...mostly human, now, I guess.

Arkhosia
2014-05-04, 06:05 PM
Alysha nods in agreement.

Yeah, I probably could have stayed there, but I didn't want to. I like being human, too.

Well...mostly human, now, I guess.

Yeah, having hands are pretty awesome.
I wonder of animals would think it'd be near to be a human, but much prefer being an animal.
Sophia muses, petting Clyde.

KerfuffleMach2
2014-05-04, 06:41 PM
Alysha shrugs.

Probably. I mean, that's what they're used to, right?

Arkhosia
2014-05-04, 06:57 PM
Alysha shrugs.

Probably. I mean, that's what they're used to, right?

Sophia nods.
Probably. I wonder what animals think sometimes. Are animals as intelligent, maybe even more intelligent than, us, for example?

She replies.

KerfuffleMach2
2014-05-04, 07:53 PM
Alysha grins.

Trust me. They're intelligence can vary as much as people's.

Arkhosia
2014-05-04, 07:58 PM
Alysha grins.

Trust me. They're intelligence can vary as much as people's.

Neat! How'd You learn that?
Sophia asks

KerfuffleMach2
2014-05-04, 08:10 PM
I've been to a world with just animals, no people. It's called the Pridelands. While I was there, I was a lion. It was fun.

PallElendro
2014-05-04, 08:35 PM
"Well, the problem maybe that there are no co-ordinates. The Nexus itself got no real shape. That's why for example you find Trogs every seventh door in this city. And Outside is even harder, a town you know was half an hour away can a day later be 2 days away."

"I wouldn't know," Elendro mutters, turning in his seat. "What I did find was a shuttle to HALO and a portal to the rest of Nexus, and I think it's best for both my galaxy and the Nexus if I keep it a secret."

Mee
2014-05-04, 08:58 PM
His face drops a bit further.

"Ah." Suscipio says flatly, taking another drink with his eyebrows raised. "Regardless, I would put my money on the guess that it was easily one of the greatest times of his life. Not all us lucky guys get to be dunked in a moonlit lake by someone as fair as yourself, miss. I'm sure you made the boy happy, at least that day."

With this, his smirk returns.

"Possibly. I . . . I don't know. I can't say for sure.

But thank you." Naku says, smiling happily. She had been feeling pretty down about it, but Suscipio was helping. "That means a lot.

Yes, absolutely. What do you want to get for him?"

Solidarity
2014-05-04, 09:49 PM
"Possibly. I . . . I don't know. I can't say for sure.

But thank you." Naku says, smiling happily. She had been feeling pretty down about it, but Suscipio was helping. "That means a lot.

Yes, absolutely. What do you want to get for him?"

Eying the hunks of meat the man kept wolfing down with alarming speed, Suscipio chuckles.

"I suppose the food's unneeded after all, miss." his look flicks back to the woman as he puts on a more serious demeanor. "You two were close I take it? It's...hard to go from friends to, well, more. All the harder should anything happen to him."

A pause, and a weightless, short-lived sigh.

"I won't be forcing you to speak of anything that would unsettle you. We could talk about anything else if you prefer." he does a poor job of masking his concern.

Mee
2014-05-04, 09:59 PM
Eying the hunks of meat the man kept wolfing down with alarming speed, Suscipio chuckles.

"I suppose the food's unneeded after all, miss." his look flicks back to the woman as he puts on a more serious demeanor. "You two were close I take it? It's...hard to go from friends to, well, more. All the harder should anything happen to him."

A pause, and a weightless, short-lived sigh.

"I won't be forcing you to speak of anything that would unsettle you. We could talk about anything else if you prefer." he does a poor job of masking his concern.

Naku chuckles as well a bit.
"Aaall righty. No food for him, then.

We were close, yeah." Naku says, nodding once. "That was the problem, though. He wanted to go from friends to something else. I . . . I didn't. Now he's not around."

Solidarity
2014-05-04, 10:42 PM
Naku chuckles as well a bit.
"Aaall righty. No food for him, then.

We were close, yeah." Naku says, nodding once. "That was the problem, though. He wanted to go from friends to something else. I . . . I didn't. Now he's not around."

Suscipio's eyes narrow quizzically as he tilts his head.

"Pardon my audacity, but, is...he still alive?"

Mee
2014-05-04, 11:10 PM
Suscipio's eyes narrow quizzically as he tilts his head.

"Pardon my audacity, but, is...he still alive?"

Naku chuckles slightly. "Yeah, of course. What do I look like, a crazy killer of people?" She asks, grinning.

Zefir
2014-05-05, 01:21 AM
"I wouldn't know," Elendro mutters, turning in his seat. "What I did find was a shuttle to HALO and a portal to the rest of Nexus, and I think it's best for both my galaxy and the Nexus if I keep it a secret."

"Don't worry. Most ways from other worlds normaly are one way." Andy replies as he sips again on his drink. "It may be best to settle somewhere in the Nexus. If you want I can give you some informations."

PallElendro
2014-05-05, 08:41 AM
"I could never settle down somewhere again," Elendro says emphatically. "Since leaving Chikyuu aerospace, I could never see me staying on any planet again. I've just been on it too long." He presses on his wrist-mounted ACP, and a holographic representation of his starship appears a few centimetres above air. It's rather long, and very narrow for its size, maybe accounting for 1:7 length to width. It gets sleeker the further back it goes, reaching its most narrow point near the end, before the large engines.
"I consider space my home now, as do many people under my command."

KerfuffleMach2
2014-05-05, 11:18 AM
Through the entrance walks a young woman. She has long, shaggy red hair, with bangs covering the right side of her face. Her visible eye is a bright blue, and widens a bit as she looks around the place.

Her clothing consists of an old, worn hoodie, cargo pants that are probably too large for her, and mismatched boots. There a couple things that stand out about her, though. One is that her right hand is metal. The other is that under her bangs, there is a green glow, right where her eye should be.

Delta walks a few steps in, then turns to wait for her companion.

ImpSyndrome
2014-05-05, 12:31 PM
Through the entrance walks a young woman. She has long, shaggy red hair, with bangs covering the right side of her face. Her visible eye is a bright blue, and widens a bit as she looks around the place.

Her clothing consists of an old, worn hoodie, cargo pants that are probably too large for her, and mismatched boots. There a couple things that stand out about her, though. One is that her right hand is metal. The other is that under her bangs, there is a green glow, right where her eye should be.

Delta walks a few steps in, then turns to wait for her companion.

Following shortly behind Delta is a thin, ragged young man with patchy grey hair and shabby clothes. His small black eyes examine the room as he enters, holding what looks like a human hand under his left arm. Upon closer inspection, one might find the hand to be attached to an arm, which also happens to be attached to his upper back somehow. He seems a bit jittery, as though paranoid; being in an unfamiliar place with so many unfamiliar faces around must put him ill-at-east.

"Who do you think we should ask," Shame asks Delta. "There are so many people, it's hard to tell who works here..." He's presumably talking about asking someone about letting them stay there, although how he could possibly afford it is anyone's guess. Maybe he can't...

Deathkeeper
2014-05-05, 12:43 PM
Mist comes over, in full fox-boy mode. It's gotten hot enough that he's wearing a neat short-sleeved shirt and khaki shorts, which make his paw-like bare feet and odd leg structure more obvious.
"Welcome to the DFI. I'm Mist. Can I seat you? Get you anything to start?" he says, gesturing to an empty table.

KerfuffleMach2
2014-05-05, 12:52 PM
Delta looks at Mist with a slightly nervous expression.

Um, well...ya see, neither of us have any money, so...yeah...

Zefir
2014-05-05, 01:57 PM
"I could never settle down somewhere again," Elendro says emphatically. "Since leaving Chikyuu aerospace, I could never see me staying on any planet again. I've just been on it too long." He presses on his wrist-mounted ACP, and a holographic representation of his starship appears a few centimetres above air. It's rather long, and very narrow for its size, maybe accounting for 1:7 length to width. It gets sleeker the further back it goes, reaching its most narrow point near the end, before the large engines.
"I consider space my home now, as do many people under my command."

"Well, if you got a ship use it. I can just tell you what happens to most people. They land here can't find a way back and settle down. None knows where the nexus lies so none can go home even by a space ship." Andy replies in a normal sound. He didn't came here by a spaceship and also don't know the coordiantes back so he doesn't really care.

PallElendro
2014-05-05, 02:09 PM
Elendro looks around to see all the many men and women of different species in the bar.
"I can tell that most of you are already rooted in Nexus. It looks like what the Kel'Arthaes Star Alliance would've been if it had acted to be more inclusive sooner. I guess it would've become the Chikyuu Planetary Unity or something." He closes the holographic ship.

ImpSyndrome
2014-05-05, 02:51 PM

OK, Shame may be a bit nervous around people, but he's not crippled by shyness. They won't get anywhere if they don't ask a proper question, so he steps up next to Delta and addresses Mist himself. "We're looking for a place to rest," he explains. "Delta's new in the Nexus, and we could both use a roof over our heads. The problem is that we don't have any money, so we're kind of stuck...I'm sure you can guess where I'm going with this..." Doesn't make it any less of an imposition, unfortunately.

((You know, this sounds sort of familiar...Oh, dangit. (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?317373-NEXIS-The-Dancing-Fox-Inn-IX-No-Longer-Symmetrical&p=16595610&viewfull=1#post16595610)))

Solidarity
2014-05-05, 03:16 PM
Naku chuckles slightly. "Yeah, of course. What do I look like, a crazy killer of people?" She asks, grinning.

At this he openly laughs.

"Oh no, miss. I didn't mean that you would have anything to do with that. I mean simply that, well, your kin tends to 'live' long. I'm familiar with vampires, and I've come to understand a couple things. Such as the myth about them being inherently murderous."

Deathkeeper
2014-05-05, 04:46 PM

OK, Shame may be a bit nervous around people, but he's not crippled by shyness. They won't get anywhere if they don't ask a proper question, so he steps up next to Delta and addresses Mist himself. "We're looking for a place to rest," he explains. "Delta's new in the Nexus, and we could both use a roof over our heads. The problem is that we don't have any money, so we're kind of stuck...I'm sure you can guess where I'm going with this..." Doesn't make it any less of an imposition, unfortunately.

((You know, this sounds sort of familiar...Oh, dangit. (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?317373-NEXIS-The-Dancing-Fox-Inn-IX-No-Longer-Symmetrical&p=16595610&viewfull=1#post16595610)))
Mist smiles at the two of them. "No problem, folks. That's my boss, Naku, over there." he says, pointing to the long-haired vampire lady behind the bar. "Go over there and tell her Mist thinks a Newcomer Special is in order."
I believe Mist has used this term to Naku a few times before in light jest of their habit of giving at least one meal and drink to almost any Nexus newbie with a day or two of room.

KerfuffleMach2
2014-05-05, 05:03 PM
Delta smiles and nods to Mist.

Alright. Thank you.

Then she'll give him a quick hug before going to see Naku.

Mee
2014-05-05, 08:25 PM
At this he openly laughs.

"Oh no, miss. I didn't mean that you would have anything to do with that. I mean simply that, well, your kin tends to 'live' long. I'm familiar with vampires, and I've come to understand a couple things. Such as the myth about them being inherently murderous."

"Ah, yes." Naku says, nodding. She understands now. "Yes, he's still alive. This happened . . . less than a few months ago, I think."

Delta smiles and nods to Mist.

Alright. Thank you.

Then she'll give him a quick hug before going to see Naku.

"Welcome to he DFI! What can I get for you?"

KerfuffleMach2
2014-05-05, 09:02 PM
Delta gives a slight smile to Naku, then gestures with a metal hand towards Mist.

Uh, hi, that guy over there said to tell you he thinks that we need a Newcomer Special? Not sure what that is, but my friend and I kinda need someplace to say for a night, and we don't have money, so... She gives a small, nervous giggle.

McBish
2014-05-05, 10:48 PM
Amelia's Room

It is indeed capable of finding physical things as well, and is designed to scan for both at the same time. He frowns slightly, a little disappointed that he couldn't help further. "Ah, are you sure? If you want to, I will."

Well in that case he might notice what looks like a tumor in her lower abdomen. If he had noticed that it earlier it would have been small and easy to overlook. Now though it has grown and would be impossible to miss. "Yeah I think so. Look I appreciate your effort but I don't know if this can be fixed."

Zefir
2014-05-06, 01:07 AM
Elendro looks around to see all the many men and women of different species in the bar.
"I can tell that most of you are already rooted in Nexus. It looks like what the Kel'Arthaes Star Alliance would've been if it had acted to be more inclusive sooner. I guess it would've become the Chikyuu Planetary Unity or something." He closes the holographic ship.

Andy smiles a bit.

"I doubt this. As I said, the nexus is a very flexible place. Even the space around it prooves to be out of any rules. For example their might be a second sun rising the next day or a planat much closer then anyone thought."

PallElendro
2014-05-06, 01:15 AM
"If my ship can find me within reasonable time, I think I'll grow to like this place. I just need to grow into it a little. It's not quite like my ship, but it's more like Chikyuu back in the good days."
Elendro chuckles. "Thinking back on it, I do suppose Chikyuu was a nice place to live. Maybe if I had lived a normal life as an alchemist or an enchanter or conjurer, I could've been arranged with a nice Chikyuu-jin woman from the Kono Sekai De province."
He turns to Andy, cleaning his fingers of grease. "What was your world like?"

ImpSyndrome
2014-05-06, 08:53 AM
Mist smiles at the two of them. "No problem, folks. That's my boss, Naku, over there." he says, pointing to the long-haired vampire lady behind the bar. "Go over there and tell her Mist thinks a Newcomer Special is in order."
I believe Mist has used this term to Naku a few times before in light jest of their habit of giving at least one meal and drink to almost any Nexus newbie with a day or two of room.

Of all the dumb luck in the world, Shame and Delta must have some of the best kind. Shame isn't nearly comfortable enough to embrace Mist in the same fashion as Delta, but he does offer a quick bow and voices his heartfelt thanks before following his friend toward Naku...

Delta gives a slight smile to Naku, then gestures with a metal hand towards Mist.

Uh, hi, that guy over there said to tell you he thinks that we need a Newcomer Special? Not sure what that is, but my friend and I kinda need someplace to say for a night, and we don't have money, so... She gives a small, nervous giggle.

Wow, she's fast; she's already reached Mist's boss and has already asked about the "Newcomer Special". He makes a mental note to be more attentive to his companion's activity as he returns to her side. Thankfully, she's said everything that needs to be said, so they probably just need to wait for Naku's response...

Arkhosia
2014-05-06, 11:29 AM
n

I've been to a world with just animals, no people. It's called the Pridelands. While I was there, I was a lion. It was fun.

Neat! Could you communicate Witt non-lions too?
Sophia asks eagerly.

-----
In another timeline, Sophia, the wings of freedom on her cloak visible in the midday sun, dismounts from Clyde/Jean, tying him to a post.

KerfuffleMach2
2014-05-06, 12:14 PM
Alysha nods eagerly. Uh-huh. The king there, Simba, had two friends that were a meerkat and a warthog. Timon and Pumbaa. They're both pretty funny.

Arkhosia
2014-05-06, 01:01 PM
Alysha nods eagerly. Uh-huh. The king there, Simba, had two friends that were a meerkat and a warthog. Timon and Pumbaa. They're both pretty funny.

How does that work? I mean, I assume a lion and a meerkat don't both communicate like a warthog.
The soldier inquires

KerfuffleMach2
2014-05-06, 01:21 PM
Alysha opens her mouth to respond, stops, closes it, and thinks on that for a moment. Then she shrugs. No idea, actually. It just does.

Morcleon
2014-05-06, 04:17 PM
Amelia's Room

Well in that case he might notice what looks like a tumor in her lower abdomen. If he had noticed that it earlier it would have been small and easy to overlook. Now though it has grown and would be impossible to miss. "Yeah I think so. Look I appreciate your effort but I don't know if this can be fixed."

Amelia's Room

Yuki sighs, then perks up at the sight of the tumor. "I see... um, could I try one more thing...? There's an odd tumor in your lower abdomen, near the back. Even if it has nothing to do with the wires, I'd like to remove it anyway."

Mee
2014-05-06, 04:50 PM

Naku blinks once, not quite understanding. But then she laughs for several seconds.
"'Newcomer Special', all right. What would you like? Place to stay, we can do that. Would you like any food or something to drink?"

KerfuffleMach2
2014-05-06, 05:33 PM
Delta gives a bigger smile to Naku.

Oh, thank you! She to Shame. You need any food? I'm actually good for a while.

ImpSyndrome
2014-05-06, 08:22 PM
In another timeline, Sophia, the wings of freedom on her cloak visible in the midday sun, dismounts from Clyde/Jean, tying him to a post.

As Sophia arrives at the Dancing Fox Inn, two human figures can be seen gliding across the sky a short distance away, one adult and one teenager. Sasha and Midori are holding a nervous but hushed conversation about some kind of disturbing incident as they descend and set down nearby. If the titan shifter pays attention, she might hear them talking about "looking for help" or "an imminent threat" of some sort. Whatever it is, the way they talk about it could make some people uneasy...

Delta gives a bigger smile to Naku.

Oh, thank you! She to Shame. You need any food? I'm actually good for a while.

"No, I'm OK for now," replies Shame, but no sooner has he said it than a low rumble from the pit of his stomach betrays the truth he was trying to hide. His pale cheeks almost take on a normal tone as color rises into them, and he tries to explain, "I-it's no big deal, really. I've been getting energy and nutrients and stuff...Just not any actual, you know...f-food..."

Should either of them ask how such a thing could be possible, he'll reveal the green-ish patch of skin on the back of his neck and tell them, "I don't remember when it got there, but so long as I don't cover it up, I don't feel weak or sluggish or anything, even when I don't eat...I think it's using photosynthesis or something, absorbing sunlight and moisture...kind of like a plant." This kid just keeps getting weirder and weirder.

Arkhosia
2014-05-06, 08:39 PM
Sophia shouts up at the figures.
Hey, I can help you guys!

McBish
2014-05-06, 09:41 PM
Amelia's Room

Yuki sighs, then perks up at the sight of the tumor. "I see... um, could I try one more thing...? There's an odd tumor in your lower abdomen, near the back. Even if it has nothing to do with the wires, I'd like to remove it anyway."

"A tumor?" Amelia seems surprised by this. Also a little concerned. Magical surgery in a room rented at an inn didn't seem as awkward as actual surgery. More dangerous by any rate.

"Are you sure you can get it alright?" The tumor is in a place where it would be difficult to remove. Many modern surgeons that might look at would call it inoperable. Many large blood vessels all around it could make surgery very difficult.

Zefir
2014-05-07, 01:23 AM
"If my ship can find me within reasonable time, I think I'll grow to like this place. I just need to grow into it a little. It's not quite like my ship, but it's more like Chikyuu back in the good days."
Elendro chuckles. "Thinking back on it, I do suppose Chikyuu was a nice place to live. Maybe if I had lived a normal life as an alchemist or an enchanter or conjurer, I could've been arranged with a nice Chikyuu-jin woman from the Kono Sekai De province."
He turns to Andy, cleaning his fingers of grease. "What was your world like?"

"Well, not sure how I should describe it." Andy thinks for a moment scratching his head with his left hand.
"Our technologie was high due to the avarage Level of the Nexus. Laser, complex robots and machines are common. Still thought all under a divine point. The temples have taken over the leading position, since their magic helps creating machines. Also there is a rawr natural place. a place a nature god and his follower domain. Those Paties are in a constant war, but none seems to domain the other one so far."

PallElendro
2014-05-07, 09:28 AM
"Classic Man vs Machine scenario, I take it?"

Solidarity
2014-05-07, 11:36 AM
"Ah, yes." Naku says, nodding. She understands now. "Yes, he's still alive. This happened . . . less than a few months ago, I think."

"I see." Suscipio mulls over the story in his head for a short, silent minute. "What will happen to you two now, do you think? You wish to be his friend albeit what has happened, I assume. Do you not?"

Zefir
2014-05-07, 02:28 PM
"Classic Man vs Machine scenario, I take it?"

"No, no." Andy replies fast. "Since this wouldn't be 'Classic at all. There are humans on both sides. It's nature VS technologie."

PallElendro
2014-05-07, 04:07 PM
"There was a movement like that back on my home planet. I wasn't there to witness it, because I was in a hibernation." Elendro taps his ACP again, and up pops a bunch of short bearded men resembling dwarves annihilating a group of humans and Chikyuu-jin with flintlocks.
"Maladorans," Elendro said dramatically. "A particularly militaristic band of them made the first set of flintlock pistols and muskets, based on a design from a Kaito'ion Event that brought a British soldier, having died from gunshot wounds. The maladorans reverse-engineered the guns, applied their engineering tactics, and thus came gunpowder and flintlocks. Long story short, a lot of cities were decimated before a combined force of more egalitarian maladorans banded with the Chikyuu-jin and humans to push back the Black Steel." Elendro closed his ACP again.
"How was your natural v artificial fight?"

ImpSyndrome
2014-05-07, 08:01 PM
Sophia shouts up at the figures.
Hey, I can help you guys!

The two women are nearly directly overhead when Sophia speaks up, but upon hearing her voice, they slow down and rapidly descend until they touch down just outside the inn. The elder of the two exchanges a nod with her young compatriot before asking, "I hate to be so forward, but what are your combat capabilities? I'm afraid that we've got quite a tall order on our hands, and I'd rather not risk endangering anyone who isn't up to the task..." There's more to it than that, of course, but it'd be rude to saying anything remotely similar to "we don't want to take any weaklings who can't get the job done."

((Ark, I don't mean to limit your character's combat abilities, but would it be too much to ask to avoid shifting Sophia into Titan form unless she chooses to fight the Extra boss? It'd be much more fitting for a tough battle that's meant to overshadow the final boss, and I'll make sure that the fights before it aren't anything she can't handle.))

Arkhosia
2014-05-07, 08:49 PM
The two women are nearly directly overhead when Sophia speaks up, but upon hearing her voice, they slow down and rapidly descend until they touch down just outside the inn. The elder of the two exchanges a nod with her young compatriot before asking, "I hate to be so forward, but what are your combat capabilities? I'm afraid that we've got quite a tall order on our hands, and I'd rather not risk endangering anyone who isn't up to the task..." There's more to it than that, of course, but it'd be rude to saying anything remotely similar to "we don't want to take any weaklings who can't get the job done."

((Ark, I don't mean to limit your character's combat abilities, but would it be too much to ask to avoid shifting Sophia into Titan form unless she chooses to fight the Extra boss? It'd be much more fitting for a tough battle that's meant to overshadow the final boss, and I'll make sure that the fights before it aren't anything she can't handle.))
((Can do! Sophia personally prefers using her blades and maneuver gear anyways.))

Name's Sophia Godlark, I'm skilled blade wielder and amazingly good at using my 3d maneuver gear. I was trained to slay giants, and although I may not have any projectile weaponry, I have the combat experience to prove my worth.
Sophia replies, standing at attention like a soldier.
At this range, the two may notice the girl is extremely well-fit.

Mee
2014-05-07, 10:54 PM
"No, I'm OK for now," replies Shame, but no sooner has he said it than a low rumble from the pit of his stomach betrays the truth he was trying to hide. His pale cheeks almost take on a normal tone as color rises into them, and he tries to explain, "I-it's no big deal, really. I've been getting energy and nutrients and stuff...Just not any actual, you know...f-food..."

Should either of them ask how such a thing could be possible, he'll reveal the green-ish patch of skin on the back of his neck and tell them, "I don't remember when it got there, but so long as I don't cover it up, I don't feel weak or sluggish or anything, even when I don't eat...I think it's using photosynthesis or something, absorbing sunlight and moisture...kind of like a plant." This kid just keeps getting weirder and weirder.

"Well. It sure sounds like you're hungry. What do you want?" Naku asks, smiling pleasantly.

"I see." Suscipio mulls over the story in his head for a short, silent minute. "What will happen to you two now, do you think? You wish to be his friend albeit what has happened, I assume. Do you not?"

"I dunno. Pretty sure he's moved on to someone else. And I haven't seen him since." Naku says, shrugging slightly. "So who knows."

KerfuffleMach2
2014-05-07, 11:02 PM
Delta smiles a bit at the noises Shame's stomach is making. She's glad hers doesn't do that sort of thing anymore.

Oh, shoot! Forgot to introduce myself. My name's Delta. She'll hold out her right hand for Naku to shake. The metal one.

Morcleon
2014-05-08, 08:44 AM
Amelia's Room

"A tumor?" Amelia seems surprised by this. Also a little concerned. Magical surgery in a room rented at an inn didn't seem as awkward as actual surgery. More dangerous by any rate.

"Are you sure you can get it alright?" The tumor is in a place where it would be difficult to remove. Many modern surgeons that might look at would call it inoperable. Many large blood vessels all around it could make surgery very difficult.

[Amelia's Room]

"It shouldn't be much of an issue. Just because it's inoperable from a traditional perspective doesn't mean that I can't do it." Yuki smiles reassuringly, starting to get out his equipment again. He stretches a little, then nods. "Alright, if you could just lay down and relax, we can get started."

Solidarity
2014-05-08, 08:58 AM
"I dunno. Pretty sure he's moved on to someone else. And I haven't seen him since." Naku says, shrugging slightly. "So who knows."

His usual grimace returns. Suscipio rubs his shoulder before taking another drink.

"It would seem to me your former friend drew the short straw by burning bridges between you two. If I might ask, what was your reasoning for turning the boy down? Are you not looking for romance?"

ImpSyndrome
2014-05-08, 12:58 PM
((Can do! Sophia personally prefers using her blades and maneuver gear anyways.))

Name's Sophia Godlark, I'm skilled blade wielder and amazingly good at using my 3d maneuver gear. I was trained to slay giants, and although I may not have any projectile weaponry, I have the combat experience to prove my worth.
Sophia replies, standing at attention like a soldier.
At this range, the two may notice the girl is extremely well-fit.

The green-clad woman gives a polite bow and responds, "Midori Miyami, and my friend here is Sasha Graymolt. We're looking for someone to help us deal with an unruly spirit with particularly strong magic. You may just be able to help us...but if it's not too much trouble, I'd like to make sure that you have what it takes to stand up to our adversary..."

"Uhh, Mimi-chan," Sasha calls meekly in protest. Midori turns to her as she points out a sign that clearly states the Inn's no-violence policy. "We shouldn't cause a commotion here..."

"Oh! Quite right, Sasha-chan. That would be most inconsiderate...Sophia-san, would you mind accompanying us elsewhere? I'll explain more about our situation along the way."

"Well. It sure sounds like you're hungry. What do you want?" Naku asks, smiling pleasantly.

Shame suddenly looks quite abashed, like needing to eat is some kind of crime. No use in turning down Naku's generosity, though. "Uhh...I guess a hamburger would be nice..."

((I'll add speech color later, because DANGIT this is taking a long time to type.))

Mee
2014-05-08, 01:39 PM
His usual grimace returns. Suscipio rubs his shoulder before taking another drink.

"It would seem to me your former friend drew the short straw by burning bridges between you two. If I might ask, what was your reasoning for turning the boy down? Are you not looking for romance?"

"I think he rather did, yes." Naku agrees, nodding, before pausing to think. "I . . . I'm really not looking for romance, no. Not right now. I'm not the safest person to be, let's call it involved with, right now, and I don't want to hurt anyone.

Duty calls. I'll be back quickly."

Shame suddenly looks quite abashed, like needing to eat is some kind of crime. No use in turning down Naku's generosity, though. "Uhh...I guess a hamburger would be nice..."

((I'll add speech color later, because DANGIT this is taking a long time to type.))

"Absolutely. Give me a few minutes." Naku says, heading back into the kitchen to get some stuff cooking!

OrchestraHc
2014-05-08, 04:26 PM
A young man with a brown duster and backpack comes in. He carries a pair of staffs, one under his arm and one as a walking stick, and a dark bird on his shoulder. He takes to a table without any preamble, setting his staves against the table and removing his backpack and coat with a warning of, "I'm taking them off," to his bird. He hangs his bag and coat over the back of his chair.

"You don't have to stay in that form by the way. Nobody really judges in Nexus Taverns. You can feel free to speak, if nothing else." he continues to tell the bird.

Arkhosia
2014-05-08, 04:28 PM
The green-clad woman gives a polite bow and responds, "Midori Miyami, and my friend here is Sasha Graymolt. We're looking for someone to help us deal with an unruly spirit with particularly strong magic. You may just be able to help us...but if it's not too much trouble, I'd like to make sure that you have what it takes to stand up to our adversary..."

"Uhh, Mimi-chan," Sasha calls meekly in protest. Midori turns to her as she points out a sign that clearly states the Inn's no-violence policy. "We shouldn't cause a commotion here..."

"Oh! Quite right, Sasha-chan. That would be most inconsiderate...Sophia-san, would you mind accompanying us elsewhere? I'll explain more about our situation along the way."

Sophia shakes her head, smiling and climbing back onto her horse.
Sure, lead the way!

KerfuffleMach2
2014-05-08, 04:40 PM
Delta will go to lead Shame to the bar, so they can have a seat while they wait.

That's really nice of them to do this for us.

So, I don't wanna seem rude, but...why Shame? Were you born with that name?

Devixer
2014-05-08, 04:45 PM
It's been a while since Aiden was last at the Dancing Fox, so it might be a surprise to see him walking through the door. It's definitely him, in the same leather coat as always, but he looks exhausted, walking with more of a slump than usual.

He doesn't sit down for a time, as he's wondering how he'll be received.

Deathkeeper
2014-05-08, 05:47 PM
Tep, who probably would have changed back ages ago, does so now for the sake of continuity. His glasses reappear on his face, although his book remains in Romeo's bag. Tep makes himself comfortable, lounging on the top of the chair next to Romeo.
"About time. Listen, do I have to do that all the time? Because I really do enjoy having hands. And frankly almost no one seems to care anyway. Oh, and what is our move anyway? I'm yours, so you can pick whatever job you want for me. I can help with magic, although I'd need to be your familiar to do much besides advice. Or I could just keep your paperwork in order. Simple."

Solidarity
2014-05-08, 05:59 PM
"I think he rather did, yes." Naku agrees, nodding, before pausing to think. "I . . . I'm really not looking for romance, no. Not right now. I'm not the safest person to be, let's call it involved with, right now, and I don't want to hurt anyone.

Duty calls. I'll be back quickly."

Suscipio simply nods and turns to the last of his drink, mulling over Naku's words.

'I don't want to hurt anyone'? How familiar.

OrchestraHc
2014-05-08, 06:17 PM
Tep, who probably would have changed back ages ago, does so now for the sake of continuity. His glasses reappear on his face, although his book remains in Romeo's bag. Tep makes himself comfortable, lounging on the top of the chair next to Romeo.
"About time. Listen, do I have to do that all the time? Because I really do enjoy having hands. And frankly almost no one seems to care anyway. Oh, and what is our move anyway? I'm yours, so you can pick whatever job you want for me. I can help with magic, although I'd need to be your familiar to do much besides advice. Or I could just keep your paperwork in order. Simple."

"Secrecy was part of your contract," Romeo says in his own defense. "I've mostly been concerned with how we explain you to my master. Not one hundred percent sure with how he'd react to our deal, assuming he doesn't already know. After we figure out how we deal with him, we can give you a job to do." He doesn't have much paperwork anyway. "But on that note, actually making you my familiar would probably help that."

McBish
2014-05-08, 06:20 PM
[Amelia's Room]

"It shouldn't be much of an issue. Just because it's inoperable from a traditional perspective doesn't mean that I can't do it." Yuki smiles reassuringly, starting to get out his equipment again. He stretches a little, then nods. "Alright, if you could just lay down and relax, we can get started."

Amelia hasn't been asked to lie on a bed this much in a long time. "Are you sure you are up for it. You seemed pretty tired after that last procedure." She asks as she lies down once more. Her stomach feels like it is doing flips because of her nerves and she takes a couple of deep breathes through her nose to try and calm it down.

Deathkeeper
2014-05-08, 06:48 PM
"Aw, got me there. And Well, I could always keep his papers organized, too. Wizards are always nicer when you offer to keep their books neat. But you're a nice kid, Romeo. I'm sure your master's a fine gent." he says with a grin.
And if he isn't, then Romeo better think of a solution or else he'll be getting used to cutting holes in the back of his pants. Tep might have been lying a little when he said he wouldn't get any enjoyment out of using that punishment clause.
"But I'm already yours, so the little details don't really matter to me. Bind away, Master." he says, grinning even wider and holding out his hands.

OrchestraHc
2014-05-08, 08:15 PM
"He is mostly, and he's never out and out gotten angry with me, but I've never literally made a deal with a devil before."

"Alright, this is going to be very magically intense, so brace yourself and keep yourself open. Resistance can break the whole thing. Could you stand on the able please, the circle will help." Assuming Tep does as he's told, Romeo will begin a rather informal Familiarizing Ritual. First the first the tabletop will invisibly seal into a magic barrier. It's not entirely unlike the one Tep was sealed in but it's clearly weaker, obviously temporary, and feels stuffier. It's really just to keep all the magic in. Romeo presses his fingertips against the invisble barrier and his thoughts and emotions begin to pour into the barrier. Inside the barrier it feels like the pressure is rising and rising to near unbearability until it suddenly stops. The pressure in the barrier turns still until it begins to lessen and in it's place a circular band of light, just wider than Tep's wingspan and floating at his chest level, begins to form around him. When fully formed, a thin thread of light snakes its way from the band through the air toward's Romeo. It passes through the barrier and wraps around the wizard's wrist.

The light of the band shudders and needle thin bolts of light fire out of the band at and likely into Tep. The feeling is strange, and possibly unpleasant, but not painful. As the bolts try to absorb themselves into Tep a construct should start to form in his mind. It's very quickly obvious that this construct is a reflection of Romeo, his emotional state, desires, intentions, and where he is. There's the primary emotion of concentration, a background static of worry, and an undercurrent of heady confidence from casting such an intense spell. He might also feel Romeo peering into his own head in a similar manner. The reflection may seem impressive, but there is also a looming consequence Tep would be instantly privvy to. Any command that comes through that construct will be a powerful magical compulsion, and magic can easily come through it as well. It is also very strictly a one way street. About as one way as a waterfall actually.

When the connection and the construct are formed, Romeo stares at the thread around his hand and heady confidence and accomplishment come down the pipeline to Tep. He waves his hand and the barrier dismisses, the band fades and so does the thread, but the reflection of Romeo's mind remains. Air almost rushes into the space on the table.

"How do you feel Tep?" he asks cautiously.

Deathkeeper
2014-05-08, 10:01 PM
Tep grumbles a few things about how he's a demon and not the kind to be considered a devil, but he'll cooperate, despite clearly uncomfortable in magic circles. He'll adopt a rather dazed look throughout most of the ritual, though. A demon has no body or soul, simply a being, and to alter that being is well, obviously a pretty big deal. Which doesn't mean much at the start, just that Tep can't keep snarking while something that important is happening.
However, one other thing is important, and that is that Romeo, who for the most part is a very good person, just essentially taped his mind to a demon's, who is incapable of feeling on his own most of the emotions which are quite common in the brain of such a lad. That's...really not normally possible.
The first thing felt through the Bond is a very profound sense of nostalgia, and a bit of bemusement. There's a whisper from the imp, so soft it might be hard to tell if he actually said it or it's just some sort of echo in Romeo's mind.
damn, I'd forgotten what that feels like...
but then the book imp shakes himself rather violently (not too unlike a wet dog, although he'd hate the comparison) and the feeling is gone, replaced with an entirely different feeling containing what Romeo was probably expecting: cynicism, a bit of curiosity, and a bit of irritation at the leash imagery and the fact that he can now being compelled into obeying instead of being simply trusted to follow orders out of loyalty and the Contract. Those first two are quite important: Tep's pessimism and sense of wonder in the face of knowledge are what Romeo will probably be feeling most often. That, and his oddly out-of-place sense of loyalty, but he'll be hard-pressed to find that right now with the demon a little annoyed with the situation.
"Never better. Nice job, by the way. Not many apprentices can do that kind of ritual so casually on their own." he says, crossing his arms and breaking eye contact as he says it. Romeo will be able to tell that the compliment is actually genuine.
He might notice one more thing a bit out of place: Tep looks just a little bit different. His brown coat's red tint, previously subtle, is now almost completely gone, and his horns somehow seem less noticeable, despite being the same size and still black. If Tep has noticed, though, he makes no comment nor is there any sense of it mentally.

OrchestraHc
2014-05-08, 10:55 PM
"Thanks, but with a willing participant it's really all theory. My master says even first level wizards can make a creature their familiar and when I asked what a first level wizard was he sort of gestured at me." A bit of self-deprecation to lighten the mood. This was a fairly serious event, and probably not what Tep was expecting at all when he was so eager to be bound.

In the end, familiarization is a lesser form of mind control: an implantation of an empathic bond and a compulsion to serve. The spell (and Romeo) is weak enough that anything but active willingness would have completely broken the ritual. Even being unconscious would have shorted out the spell. Also, the compulsion has to come through the construct to be truly compelling, so Romeo's speech is no more compelling than it used to be. Nothing could have been done about the leash imagery though. It was in the book he read the spell from, so it's how it manifests. ((Belief and understanding are always important in my magic systems.))

Romeo notices the color change but he doesn't say anything, though curiosity floats through their bond. No secrets when you're broadcasting your mind to a demon's.

Romeo finally slumps back into his chair and sighs. A powerful gurgle rises up from the wizard's stomach. "Huh, I'm suddenly starving," he says raising his hand up to call for service. "Do you eat? I know you don't have to but can you? Or enjoy it at all?"

Deathkeeper
2014-05-08, 11:23 PM
"Aw, shut up and take the compliment, kid." Exasperation. Tep has been a familiar before, so he really was expecting it. It's just that last time he hadn't been recovering from a decently long period of frustration and trust issues. Besides, I believe he mentioned that his appearance was made as it was when they met on purpose, yes? Like I said, he is one single unit of being. Having those changes made came with a serious mind-screw.
Actually, that Tep's mind is overall what could possibly be called friendly towards Romeo is somewhat miraculous given his nature and his history. Perhaps he's just big on gratitude?
"'Course I can. I think I mentioned wine before, didn't I?"
A pause. Hesitation.
"Can I make a request of you, Kid?" Embarrassment.

Zefir
2014-05-09, 02:00 AM
"There was a movement like that back on my home planet. I wasn't there to witness it, because I was in a hibernation." Elendro taps his ACP again, and up pops a bunch of short bearded men resembling dwarves annihilating a group of humans and Chikyuu-jin with flintlocks.
"Maladorans," Elendro said dramatically. "A particularly militaristic band of them made the first set of flintlock pistols and muskets, based on a design from a Kaito'ion Event that brought a British soldier, having died from gunshot wounds. The maladorans reverse-engineered the guns, applied their engineering tactics, and thus came gunpowder and flintlocks. Long story short, a lot of cities were decimated before a combined force of more egalitarian maladorans banded with the Chikyuu-jin and humans to push back the Black Steel." Elendro closed his ACP again.
"How was your natural v artificial fight?"

"Well, I assume it still is. The fight never really ended. From what my people know, far away in the past while our world was young, humanoid creatures start coming up. Two different kinds each on the other side of the planet. As they came up, they started to evolve different. One of them evolved by natural selection. Strength, mutation and other things happen to them, which drew the attention of a gaod. On the other side, people spend much time in technologie. As you can guess, this drew the atention of another god. Both sides evolved futher and at some point they met each other. Their diference was so strong both sides couldn't understand each other. They started a war, creatures with strange abilities against machines. This went on for hundrets of years until the gods themself appear. The fight ended, at least between the mortals. Since then it seems the fight continued on the devine plane. But that was long befor me."

PallElendro
2014-05-09, 08:18 AM
"Geez, no rest for the dead much?"
Elendro stews on what he's been told for a good minute whilst eating the remnants of his food scraps, then says, "What of the net results of the fight? What was gained? What was lost?

OrchestraHc
2014-05-09, 08:30 AM
"Aw, shut up and take the compliment, kid." Exasperation. Tep has been a familiar before, so he really was expecting it. It's just that last time he hadn't been recovering from a decently long period of frustration and trust issues. Besides, I believe he mentioned that his appearance was made as it was when they met on purpose, yes? Like I said, he is one single unit of being. Having those changes made came with a serious mind-screw.
Actually, that Tep's mind is overall what could possibly be called friendly towards Romeo is somewhat miraculous given his nature and his history. Perhaps he's just big on gratitude?
"'Course I can. I think I mentioned wine before, didn't I?"
A pause. Hesitation.
"Can I make a request of you, Kid?" Embarrassment.

"Sure," Romeo says plainly, with an undertow of curiosity. After all this, there's no reason not to listen.

Deathkeeper
2014-05-09, 09:19 AM
"Uh, could I, uh," Embarrassment. Complete and utter embarrassment.
"Get some, uh," Oh spit it out you idiot. "pants? It's kinda chilly. And pockets are nice. I'd settle for shorts."

OrchestraHc
2014-05-09, 11:07 AM
"Aheh." Awkward, a little funny, but mostly awkward. "Sure. It'll stall talking to my master. We can pick up something from Mallside." Romeo doesn't have any reason to deny the little demon pants.

There's another gurgling sound. "Do you think this place does take out?"

Deathkeeper
2014-05-09, 11:48 AM
Tep offers a weak smile and a shrug. Now, it's not quite as awkward as it could be. Tep lacks any gender-specific organs in this shape. Of course, whether or not that has anything to do with the imp wanting to cover himself is up to Romeo to guess. It's likely hard to determine anything through that wall of embarrassment.

"Not usually, but we can put something in a bag for you if you need to go." says Mist, who has been on his way to help Romeo when he made his question.

OrchestraHc
2014-05-09, 02:07 PM
"That would be fantastic," the wizard answers. "Something hot would be great." He turns to Tep and asks "How do you feel about chicken? Because that's what I'm craving right now."

Zefir
2014-05-09, 03:36 PM
"Geez, no rest for the dead much?"
Elendro stews on what he's been told for a good minute whilst eating the remnants of his food scraps, then says, "What of the net results of the fight? What was gained? What was lost?

"I don't know if they really take the dead for their fight." He replies as he takes the last sip of his beer.

"Not sure. As I said history books aren't very specific. I just know there is a border now splitting the world in half.There are little border brawls, but nothing of note. Well at least that's what the news tell from time to time. I can just get that many people dies on both sides of the war."

PallElendro
2014-05-09, 07:02 PM
"Sounds like a tough way to live there."
Elendro's lips purse and he hesitates to ask this question. "Do you feel lucky to be away from there?"

Deathkeeper
2014-05-09, 07:51 PM
Tep shrugs again. "Doesn't matter too much to me, kid." Tep's clear anticipation might make it seem like he's lying, but he isn't. He really doesn't care what the meal is; he hasn't been offered on in years.

Mist meanwhile, nods. "I'm sure we can figure something out, although I always feel like food tastes better on a real plate. Anything specific you'd like?"

ImpSyndrome
2014-05-09, 09:26 PM
Sophia shakes her head, smiling and climbing back onto her horse.
Sure, lead the way!

"Thank you for your understanding," Midori says politely, and she and Sasha lift off again, hovering about a foot off the ground while Sophia mounts up. Once she's ready, they'll lead the way to Outside and find a nice open area to test their volunteer's skills...

Delta will go to lead Shame to the bar, so they can have a seat while they wait.

That's really nice of them to do this for us.

So, I don't wanna seem rude, but...why Shame? Were you born with that name?

"Yeah, definitely," Shame agrees as he takes a seat next to Delta at the counter. He seems to have calmed somewhat since they first arrived, although he gets a bit moody when she brings up the matter of his moniker. "Uh...No," he answers, "I have a regular name. I just prefer 'Shame', now that I'm like this...Maybe if I can ever go back to being a regular human, I'll take on my human name again, but..." It doesn't seem like he has any motivation to seek a reversal for his mutations. Then again, one might argue that he's having enough trouble just trying to keep himself alive and in his own right mind, what with the paranoia and the seemingly-random bodily changes.

Arkhosia
2014-05-09, 09:28 PM
Sophia rides her horse, the majestic stallion galloping after the two to Outside

Shadowcaller
2014-05-09, 09:32 PM
Off to DFI!
You post first

So Obriane (https://docs.google.com/document/d/1rTdywl9PZr4jl3bO06muin8w1ZCNYuwDxZDdNNo0Yk4/edit?usp=sharing) and Indivia enters the Inn. The antlered woman taking a quick look around the establishment. Didn't look like it was run by some cult at least. "So are you buying...?" Couldn't let such money go to waste could she?

Arkhosia
2014-05-09, 09:35 PM
So Obriane (https://docs.google.com/document/d/1rTdywl9PZr4jl3bO06muin8w1ZCNYuwDxZDdNNo0Yk4/edit?usp=sharing) and Indivia enters the Inn. The antlered woman taking a quick look around the establishment. Didn't look like it was run by some cult at least. "So are you buying...?" Couldn't let such money go to waste could she?

Invidia nods, smiling amicably as she walks in.
Anywhere you'd prefer to sit?
She asks