PDA

View Full Version : D&D 3.x Class Fighter "Fix" [3.5]

Teapot Salty
2014-04-27, 08:04 PM
Hey guys. So, I've only toyed with this idea, and it's only in it's baby steps, but here is what I've worked on for like, ten minutes:

The martial feats I.E. fighter bonus feats, give benefits to the fighters who use them, a couple that I thought up were:

Power attack: If you are a fighter of first level or higher, your power attacks do an additional 2 str damage to targets.

Cleave: If you are a fighter of third level or higher, your power attacks reduce the targets move speed by 5 ft and do an addtional 2 dex damage.

Great cleave: If you are a fighter of 7th level or higher your power attacks do an addtional 2 con damage and cause the target to take 1d6/point of extra damage from power attack, per round for 1d3 rounds. This "bleed" effect only works on creatures vulnerable to critical hits. (Sorry, but have you ever seen a zombie bleed, and die because of it)

And that is the gist of the idea. I decided to post it on the playground before it was complete because I'm hoping to get some insight and ideas. Thanks, and as always, go nuts.

1pwny
2014-04-27, 08:18 PM
Pneumono-Ultra-Microscopic-Silico-Volcano-Coniosis-Cleave:
Effect: Your Cleaves do twice as much damage to armor and weapons, and ignores 2 points of AC.
Prerequisite: Great Cleave

Two-Weapon Defense:
Effect: You can choose to protect yourself instead of attack. You can choose to forego attacking with either of your weapons for a round. If you do, add your reflex modifier to your AC for the next round.
Prerequisite: Two-Weapon Fighting

toapat
2014-04-27, 08:26 PM
The martial feats I.E. fighter bonus feats, give benefits to the fighters who use them, a couple that I thought up were

1: Fighter is basically the only class which wholly should not exist.

2: Consolidating feats would be more practical and useful then this

3: Giving Fighters nice things is counterproductive to giving them nice things. They have nice things, Gated behind bad things. This is because Fighter was the most cancerous class to the game's growth, and largely served to cripple mundanes for about 5 years of the game.

Eldan
2014-04-28, 04:50 AM
Pneumono-Ultra-Microscopic-Silico-Volcano-Coniosis-Cleave:
Effect: Your Cleaves do twice as much damage to armor and weapons, and ignores 2 points of AC.
Prerequisite: Great Cleave

I'm disappointed. It should at least also deal constitution damage or cause the victim to choke.