PDA

View Full Version : Parson's Warlord Outfit...

ShneekeyTheLost
2007-02-10, 01:04 AM
Okay, Parson is a Warlord now, right? So what gamer would resist getting some decent clothing to look intimidating and stuff? Heck, I used to be in the SCA, even full plate isn't that difficult to move around in, you just have to watch your momentum when you double your weight in metal. Properly fitted armor rides on you like a second skin.

I can see Parson wanting to go with a black suit of full plate with a morning star, and his Hamstard hamster as his coat of arms on his shield or maybe emblazoned on his chest. Come on, what could be more intimidating than seeing a guy bigger than a Twoll in black full plate waving around a stick with a spiky ball on the end? It's every gamer's dream to be able to look that cool. With all the resources available to Stanley, I'm sure he'd be able to spring for a suit of armor for his new warlord, and get it done in under a turn.

mikeejimbo
2007-02-10, 01:37 AM
While that would be really awesome, I think it is its awesomeness that will prevent it from happening. I'm thinking that if he changes wardrobes at all, it will look silly and somewhat frilly.

MinusInnocence
2007-02-10, 03:01 AM
Comically, it's funnier if he sticks with the t-shirt. Alternatively, a montage exploring all the ways to make Parson look goofy in Western European medieval fantasy get-ups would be pretty funny too (armor that doesn't fit right, helmets no one can see out of, etc).

The Orange Zergling
2007-02-10, 03:08 AM
(helmets no one can see out of, etc).

http://www.thatsstupid.net/pie/images/Dark_Helmet.jpg
"I cant breath in this thing!" *huff huff*

I'm sorry... but it had to be said.

MinusInnocence
2007-02-10, 08:56 AM
Man I would take Rick Moranis over Parson any day.

EDIT: Come to think of it, maybe that's why the Erfworlders are so small.

slayerx
2007-02-10, 09:48 AM
Y'know, considering Stanely always wanting his warlord's too look good... i always imagined that, whether Parson wanted to or not, Stanely would want him to wear something very intimidating while commanding on the battlefield...

Parson however, i actually don't think would want to wear such an outfit... he doesn't seem like the type to me... he may love his stradegy games but he's not some kind of fanboy (kind like how many anime fans would never take part it cosplay)

Cryo
2007-02-10, 01:34 PM
even full plate isn't that difficult to move around in, you just have to watch your momentum when you double your weight in metal. Properly fitted armor rides on you like a second skin.

That I wouldn't know, but I'm getting the impression that Parson was a proficient LARPer in his former life :smallbiggrin:

Meshakhad
2007-02-10, 02:12 PM
Parson may be a gamer, but he does not look like a wimp. I imagine that due to his sheer bulk, he'd be the equal of a twoll in strength, and probably better in combat due to his intellect.