PDA

View Full Version : Help: Creating Favored Soul

marjan
2007-02-10, 11:37 AM
I was thinking of playing Illumian Favored Soul in Eberron Campaign setting and I need advice assigning ability scores and feats. The books that are allowed are: Complete Arcane, Divine, Adventurer, Warrior, Mage, Draconomicon, Libris Mortis, Lords of madness, Eberron Campaign Setting, Faiths of Eberron, Magic of Eberron, Races of Stone, Dragon, Destiny, Wild, Ebberon, Players Handbook II and of course all core rulebooks. For ability scores we 32 point buy system, except that above 14 ability scores cost 1 point less than per the standard point buy. I was thinking about taking aesh & krau as sigils and the following ability scores:

str 16
dex 14
con 14
int 12
wis 10
cha 13

Alignment should be NG or good anyway. For patron deity I was thinking about Dol Dorn. If you think of anything that would work better than this let me know. And our DM allowed skill called feat which would give you bonus feat every five ranks, so it would also be good to get advice about assigning skill points. Some variant of cleric can be good too but we have party with four members and our main fighter is going after dervish with two-weapon fighting (the other two will be probably something with trapfinding and arcane caster) so I guess I'll have to deal large amounts of physical damage when it is needed. If you have suggestions about spell selection that would be nice too.

Rigeld2
2007-02-10, 11:48 AM
And our DM allowed skill called feat which would give you bonus feat every five ranks, so it would also be good to get advice about assigning skill points.
Max that every level - theres always more feats to get.

TheOOB
2007-02-10, 11:54 AM
Lets see, as a favored soul it is virtually required that you start with a CHA score of at least 15, as anything less then that and you'll be unable to cast 9th level spells by level 18. Favored Souls are casters first, fighters second, so you need to put as many points as you can spare into cha and wis to buff your spell power. You can use spells to make up for bad physical ability scores, but you can't make up for bad spells with your physical ability scores.

marjan
2007-02-10, 12:27 PM
Lets see, as a favored soul it is virtually required that you start with a CHA score of at least 15, as anything less then that and you'll be unable to cast 9th level spells by level 18. Favored Souls are casters first, fighters second, so you need to put as many points as you can spare into cha and wis to buff your spell power. You can use spells to make up for bad physical ability scores, but you can't make up for bad spells with your physical ability scores.

Yes it is required but if I'm not wrong Cloak of Charisma +6, or similar item would solve that problem, that is why I put 13 in charisma. Otherwise Iwould have charisma scor of 8. I would get bonus spells from high strength score and saving throws will be lousy anyway(because they are wisdom based).

marjan
2007-02-10, 09:13 PM
I forgot to say that I was planning of taking aesh and krau for Illumian Sigils so I could use str to determine spells per day. Although I accept suggestions on this as well.