PDA

View Full Version : Wanda and Jillian [spoilers]

rabidzora
2007-02-10, 04:13 PM
Take a good look at the two in the cast page. They have the same mouth, nose, and eyes. Even the head shape is the same. (In most comics, such as OotS, people would point out "Well, yeah, but everyone's head is the same shape." In Erfworld, however, there's a big difference inbetween each person's looks.)

So here's my theory. Sisters they be.

Some people have been saying Wanda was extremely eager to go down and torture her new guest. They pointed out that her mouth was slightly smiling around the edges, making it clear she had glee that she wanted to withhold. Well, I'm taking it the other way around- She needs to go check on Jillian. They fight on opposite sides, but they can't abandon each other.

Now, for all I know, I've got it all wrong. Maybe all women in Erfworld have the same features. But I think there's a chance...

Oh, wait. That's right. This is my first post. Um, disregard all that. ZOMG ERFWORLD SUX OOTS IS KOOLAR!

Estelindis
2007-02-10, 04:45 PM
I'm thinking along the same lines. Wanda seems desperate to *look* eager to torture Jillian, but there's a barely-concealed nervousness in her eyes that speaks of a hidden agenda. Are the two women secret allies, or do they have a long-standing grudge?

Sage in the Playground
2007-02-10, 04:52 PM
I'm not making any guesses. I'm just waiting to see how this plays out.

Earendill
2007-02-10, 04:52 PM
I agree with you. There is nothing evil in Wanda's expression. She's worried and concerned. And she can't be that anxious to go torture...

What does she say when Stanleys tells her about Jillian ? "No!" ...not a happy "Yes!".

Maybe she was the one releasing Jillian all those times. Maybe Jillian intentionally gets captured (her behavior was a little strange in that fight) to get in touch with her sister(?).

And Stanley being stupid at interpreting other people's motives....what else is new?

Also - Jillian claims no tribe ....maybe its the same with Wanda's ?

rabidzora
2007-02-10, 05:08 PM
If Jillian had claimed a tribe, I might not have ended up posting this. But since it's up for grabs, maybe she doesn't want to admit her deathly heritage?

Eldaran
2007-02-10, 05:26 PM
It definitely seemed like she was worried to me, and I immediately thought they might be sisters.

ShneekeyTheLost
2007-02-10, 05:28 PM
I definately think there's more to this than Tool thinks.

She is clearly surprised, and not in a good way, that Miss Zamussles is back in prison. Shock, maybe even horror, would be a better way to describe that expression.

I don't know about them being relatives, although I do suppose it is possible. It is certainly possible that the two are friends. And perhaps this is how Jillian keeps getting those 'get out of jail free' cards...

Xerillum
2007-02-10, 06:13 PM
She had a scared look.

TinSoldier
2007-02-10, 07:40 PM
Would it be wrong of me to guess that they might be lovers? That's not the kind of thought that normally occurs to me but it was the first one that popped into my head upon reading the comic.

That might even explain Jillian's reluctance with Ansom.

Sisqui
2007-02-10, 07:43 PM
Would it be wrong of me to guess that they might be lovers? That's not the kind of thought that normally occurs to me but it was the first one that popped into my head upon reading the comic.

I just posted that one in another thread. It could be why she has that apprehensive look on her face and why Jillian keeps escaping..... (and getting caught in the first place :smallwink: )

DaMullet
2007-02-10, 07:47 PM
Honestly, I can't see anything so adult happening in this comic. It seems too kid-friendly for lesbians.

That said, Wanda is clearly not looking forward to torturing Jill, be it for love or for money. Or whatever. She's not happy, she's even failing to try to look happy.

SteveMB
2007-02-10, 08:05 PM
Honestly, I can't see anything so adult happening in this comic.
True, though it does slip in a bit of fanservice under the radar. :smallwink:

the_tick_rules
2007-02-10, 08:11 PM
yeah wanda did look nervous, but it's too soon to tell why exactly.

dragongirl13
2007-02-21, 11:54 AM
The look struck me as worry too. Wanda and Jillian don't have many other features that are the same, but they could be half-sisters. Maybe Jillian's a double agent secretly working for Wanda, her older half-sister? Maybe her mother and father came from different tribes while both Wanda's parents (one of them being Jillian's parent as well) came from the Croatan tribe and didn't want to choose a tribe to claim? One of Jillian's weaknesses is, after all, knowing what she wants.

Jazzvader
2007-02-21, 01:54 PM
Just wait and see why don't you.

Thanatos
2007-02-21, 04:10 PM
Just wait and see why don't you.
Yeah, that's helpful...

If you're going to completely miss the point of a thread, then why bother clicking on it?

theKOT
2007-02-21, 04:20 PM

This is what I thought too. Something about all this ambiguity and the emphasis of the last comic really gave me this feeling.

To anyone who says this comic is too "kid-friendly" to feature lesbians, I would point out the prominence of homosexuality in OOTS and say that to the authors of this strip it is likely lesbians are no more "adult" than hetero lovers.

Silverlocke980
2007-02-22, 12:39 AM
I think they're sisters, too.

...Though why is Wanda stripping in the next comic? O_O

Thanatos
2007-02-22, 01:05 AM
I think they're sisters, too.

...Though why is Wanda stripping in the next comic? O_O
Getting out of her goth-sorceress garb and into her dominatrix costume, perhaps? :smallwink:

I guess I'm in the minority, but I think Wanda really does like the interrogation, and that she's a sadist. I see no reason to try to "redeem" her through secret motives.

Luvlein
2007-02-22, 07:09 PM
I agree with you, Thanatos. Wanda is a little sadist in my book.

Necrosis
2007-02-22, 07:37 PM
Well while we are throwing aropund some extra whacked out ideas-they are in league togeahter swapping identies reguarly for their own arcane reasons.

FlyMolo
2007-02-24, 04:30 PM
I had to read the first Erfworlds over again to sort out which side was which. Jillian and Wanda look a lot alike, I'll agree.

The_Librarian
2007-02-24, 05:00 PM
Well while we are throwing aropund some extra whacked out ideas-they are in league togeahter swapping identies reguarly for their own arcane reasons.

I agree with you there on the whole swapping identities bit. Question is, whose side are they really on?

onasuma
2007-02-24, 05:12 PM
Also parson has an evil twin call nosrap.
but all that aside now you mention it they do look kind of similar

Minchandre
2007-02-24, 09:05 PM
So, for the time being it seems that we have cartoon homosexual bondage and domination/submission overtones...are there any taboos that I missed?

FlyMolo
2007-02-24, 09:12 PM
Right. Someone, I forget who, said earlier that Wanda and Jillian were lovers.

Kudos to you, forgotten, but yet really really accurate person.

Sisqui
2007-02-24, 09:21 PM

Thanks! :smallbiggrin:

Although we still don't know for sure........

Kromag
2007-02-24, 09:29 PM
The last bubble from Wanda at the end of 28 pretty strongly implies it...that or Wanda can mind control people :smallamused:

mandarinka
2007-02-24, 09:55 PM
Well, I dunno. I would expect a mean twist. You know, I love moments when scenarist (clearly on intention) intrudes with something silly just when a girl's about to take her top off :)

TinSoldier
2007-02-24, 09:58 PM

Thanks! :smallbiggrin:

Although we still don't know for sure........I think that would be me. (Reply #9 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1995522&postcount=9))

However, I don't know if it is a sure thing yet.

Sisqui
2007-02-24, 10:28 PM
I think that would be me. (Reply #9 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1995522&postcount=9))

However, I don't know if it is a sure thing yet.

Actually, it was both. You posted it here (I answered directly below you that I had just posted the same thing in another thread-Erfworld 24):

Maybe Wanda's penchant for "torture" is why Jillian keeps escaping. Wanda might be letting her go. I wonder if they are friends
or friends?

FlyMolo
2007-02-24, 10:30 PM
Okay then. Kudos to you both.

I think something silly will prevent Erfworld from becoming too racy.

I dunno though. All bets are off.

theKOT
2007-02-24, 10:44 PM
Yeah, I wouldn't have been too surprised by them being lovers, but SM hardcore sex themes? That seems a little bit too much. If that actually is the theme, I'm surprised it is hosted here. Seems very AO if ya ask me.

agentx42
2007-02-26, 08:53 AM
Yeah, I wouldn't have been too surprised by them being lovers, but SM hardcore sex themes? That seems a little bit too much. If that actually is the theme, I'm surprised it is hosted here. Seems very AO if ya ask me.

I'm a naif. What's AO?

Iralie
2007-02-26, 11:34 AM
Adult Orientated.

I can see them being lesbians, or Wanda anyway, but I'm gonna be in the any SM stuff will occur off camera, but then it might be referred to slightly at times.

I'm not sure if they're allies though; Wanda may just be a sadist, but since came from Stanley I'm not too certain on the accuracy of it - after all he has the Arken Hammer, not the Arken Sharp Object.

theKOT
2007-02-26, 09:37 PM
I'm a naif. What's AO?
AO is actually a video game rating that means "Adults Only".

TinSoldier
2007-03-03, 07:13 PM
I'm still reading the main comic thread for #30, but I still think there are some serious BDSM overtones in that comic. Just look at Jillian's expression in #30 panels 2, 6, and 10. If that isn't anticipation then I don't know what is.

theKOT
2007-03-03, 08:05 PM
Oh yeah, big time, but I'm not so sure how Jilian feels about it. She seems to want to get away from all of this... Faces can be hard to read in erfworld style but I definitely don't see anticipation in any of those panels.
Wanda, however, seems to be big on the whole SM thing. I think what is happening here is that Jilian is having trouble knowing what she wants. She loves Wanda and wants to be with her, but she's not a masochist. So she keeps getting captured in an attempt to get closer to Wanda, but Wanda just wants to... yaknow, SM.
Now Jilian also feels attracted to Ansom and is tempted to just be with him. but Wanda's hold on her is strong and she is beginning to get a taste for it... but she still wants things to be different.

Just a hypothesis.

SteveMB
2007-03-03, 08:09 PM
I think what is happening here is that Jilian is having trouble knowing what she wants.
Well, that is listed as one of Jillian's weaknesses on the cast page. OTOH, "enthusiasm" is listed as one of Wanda's weaknesses, and she certainly seems enthusiastic enough about making Jillian pay for the insult of suggesting that she run away from the coming battle.

Luvlein
2007-03-03, 08:14 PM
If I remember right, Jillian turned Ansom down - as harshly as one can turn one's boss down, without sueing him, that is.

theKOT
2007-03-03, 09:58 PM
If I remember right, Jillian turned Ansom down - as harshly as one can turn one's boss down, without sueing him, that is.
Did you notice the other half of that comic? Looks like she got very close to accepting that offer. (http://www.giantitp.com/comics/erf0008.html) Less than fifteen feet I'd say.

Luvlein
2007-03-03, 10:23 PM
Oh, right.
I somehow managed to miss the connotation of this nocturnal sneaking, shame on me.

lovelyluthien
2007-03-04, 11:02 AM
To get back to physical similarities between Wanda and Jillian:
Their hair color is different. Their skin colors are different. Their eyes are different. Their noses are different (Jillian's is more pointed.)
Why should they be sisters, just because Jillian claims no tribe?

FlyMolo
2007-03-04, 03:19 PM
Because that would be Plot-worthy.

OOTS and Erfworld are planned and written by the same sort of mind. The kind that plays chess games 12-13 moves in advance.