PDA

View Full Version : Ok, I amk confused.

Mcgurker
2007-02-10, 04:23 PM
So, you know how Parson is on the computer and he checks his favorites and it's selecting "hamstard stats"

Well, I decided to look into this and found that there is a hamstard web site and it is written by a "Lord Hamster" who is also Parson [last name]. The first comic was in 2005 and the last was 2006, there are around 10. Somehow there is a store with alot of merchandise, and a forum with 106 members, 10 of which were online when I was there.

This confused me. Is Parson a real person? He doesn't write the ErfWorld comic, but the similarities are obvious. Did the writers decide to make fun of him? I doubt it because that's be pretty random unless he's their friend.

So, my question is;

What is going on????

rabidzora
2007-02-10, 04:26 PM
The writers created the whole hamstard website and everything to do with it as a way of making Parson seem more real. I was confused at first, too.

Mcgurker
2007-02-10, 04:27 PM
That's what I thought it was. Thanks.

Yellow
2007-02-13, 05:58 PM
Erfworld: Based on a true story.

There's a reason Hamstard stopped updating, you know.

TheOtherMC
2007-02-23, 12:34 PM
Erfworld: Based on a true story.

There's a reason Hamstard stopped updating, you know.

.........PLOT?!

Cobra_Ikari
2007-02-23, 12:37 PM
It's an example of great attention to detail by the author.

SmartAlec
2007-02-23, 02:59 PM
Reminiscent of the Blair Witch Project.

Thanatos
2007-02-24, 12:01 AM
Reminiscent of the Blair Witch Project.
Except this one is good.

You can follow up on the Hamstard "Easter Egg" and find the site actually there... if you try doing that with Blair Witch crap, you'll either get lost or end up in the real-life Burkittsville (which is not really near where the fictional one was supposed to be) that is tired of tourists coming and asking stupid questions and vandalizing their cemetary.

The Extinguisher
2007-02-24, 12:07 AM
I found them mildly amusing. I hope they keep updating once Parson's back on Earth. If he makes it back that is.

On another note, if that a Dead Like Me avatar you have there Thanatos?

Thanatos
2007-02-24, 12:35 AM
I found them mildly amusing. I hope they keep updating once Parson's back on Earth. If he makes it back that is.

On another note, if that a Dead Like Me avatar you have there Thanatos?
Yes, I have a few... plus a couple versions DEATH from Discworld, a few of the "Death of" characters from Irregular Webcomic and various other reapers. I collect them... though I don't think Death has made a personal appearance in OotS or Erf.

necron lord
2007-02-24, 02:10 AM
Yes, I have a few... plus a couple versions DEATH from Discworld, a few of the "Death of" characters from Irregular Webcomic and various other reapers. I collect them... though I don't think Death has made a personal appearance in OotS or Erf.

Death should be though from all the times they have escaped it. Has anyone read Nodwick If any one remembers the comic with the dice as the grim reaper, that was one hilarious comic.:smallbiggrin:

[Insert Neat Username Here]
2007-02-25, 06:09 PM

No! Don't you see?!

Parson returned to earth, and hired a writer to write Erfworld using all the money Stanley paid him after they rule Erfworld!

Mutiemoe
2007-02-26, 05:01 AM
This is rather cool actually, in addition to the Hamstard comic these posts (http://www.hamstard.com/forums/search.php?search_author=Lord+Hamster) kind of open up what kind of personality the main character in the Erfworld comic is, Hamstard obviously represents his self-loathing.

Neat.

FlyMolo
2007-03-04, 03:27 PM
I find it scary and somewhat weird that everything that merits its own cafepress store somehow ends up stocking a thong with something related to the thing on it.

A Hamstard Thong? seriously?

Thanatos
2007-03-05, 12:21 AM
I find it scary and somewhat weird that everything that merits its own cafepress store somehow ends up stocking a thong with something related to the thing on it.

A Hamstard Thong? seriously?
They don't actually need to stock anything, the pictures are virtual. Just take a picture of a blank and stick the logo on it with some editor. I believe they only make the real products when they're ordered, but there may be minimum order amounts.

Jewel Thief
2007-03-05, 02:06 AM
Hey, I kind of like the hamstard comic. I really wish there were more.

Caractacus
2007-03-05, 09:36 AM
Hey, I kind of like the hamstard comic. I really wish there were more.

Ver' true. Grouchy plump rodent fun!

No, I don't mean it exactly that way... :smallwink: