PDA

View Full Version : Double Weapons [PEACH]

Rama_Lei
2007-02-10, 06:16 PM
Well, along with all the TWF fighting fixes, no one mentioned the possibility of weapons designed to be two parts. So here is one Soul Caliber inspired weapon. A second may be coming soon.

Exotic Weapons-Blade Tonfa
Damage- 1d8 or 2d4 or 1d4
Size- M
Critical 19-20/x2
Type-Slashing/ Bludgeoning
Special- The wielder of blade tonfas has three options. One, make one powerful strike, and defend with his other weapon, or make two less powerful strikes. The third options is attacking with the butt of the handle. If he chooses the first option, he gains a +1 bonus to armor class. The second and third options give the wielder no bonus.

(Notes-This is my first weapon creation, so I'm not sure of the cost, or if it is balanced. Also, I'm considering this a monk weapon.)

Rebonack
2007-02-10, 06:42 PM
Are the weapons light or one handed?

Wouldn't this be two weapons instead of one double weapon?

Rama_Lei
2007-02-11, 10:20 AM
Are the weapons light or one handed?

Wouldn't this be two weapons instead of one double weapon?
There are two separate parts, together forming one weapon. They're on handed.

Were-Sandwich
2007-02-11, 11:37 AM
Thats not how double weapons work. And the little "choose one of these three" thing should b a feat or something.

OcoM
2007-02-11, 11:52 AM
I haven't played Soul Calibur so i have no idea how it was used in the game so i Wiki-d it.

1. They are Twin Elbow blades. Meaning that there are two of them and are two separate, light weapons.
2. A weapon would never give bonuses like that. By logic the one who used them in Soul Calibur (Talim?) is, like others, not a 1th level fighter.

Looking at the picture i found of her i'd say these are about the same as short swords, only exotic and, as a bonus, should be usable with the Monk's Flurry of Blows.

Rebonack
2007-02-11, 12:06 PM
As the lycanthropic sandwich above has commented, that's not how double weapons work.

This thing would be two one handed weapons (personally, the things look more like light weapons to me).

If you made this thing a regular Monks get it automatically Monk weapon then I would say it's unbalanced. If they have to burn an exotic weapon proficiency on it then it would be ok.

And for the record, 2d4 deals more damage on average than 1d8.